Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

K G.
New York City, NY
10/30/2018
Rip Off
They always say you need repairs that you don't. I took my car in for inspection and they said I needed wheel bearings AND shock absorbers. I knew they were lying because I only drive 3000 miles a year and had the shocks replaced 6000 miles ago. It's very easy to check anyway by using the car down and seeing if it stops instead of keep bouncing. Anyway, I have never been able to trust them because I never know when they are telling the truth. Always a problem with car repair.

GR
Giovanni R.
New Rochelle, NY
MINI Cooper Hardtop
06/06/2018 Category: Service
Giovanni said the service was not covered under warranty. He was not happy with his experience.

RD
Ronald D.
Cambria Heights, NY
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Ronald said the staff did not do a good job. He will not recommend this business for service.

Robin R.
Ann Arbor, MI
Mazda 5
08/02/2016
Overcharged
I am from MI and my side mirror was broken while parked on the street. I was charged $253.00 for the mirror parts which I found online for 170.00. I also asked for the bulb in my headlight be replaced which wasn't done. I needed to leave the day the repairs were complete.
Juan D. from 2000 Auto Service Corp responded on 08/02/2016

Hi,
I am sorry was not satisfy with our charges but according to our records we charged you: Mirror $150.00, Paint/Materials $75.00, Laboor to install, Paint, & refinish Mirror $125.00 plus taxes.  These were all charges you agreed upon prior to the work. As far as the headlight that is something you did not address in the office because I assure you it would have been replaced when the vehicle was replaced.  I again I am sorry our work did not meet to standards.  Have a safe summer!

RP
Richard,A P.
10/09/2015
Bogus Estimate
I was given a $900 bid on a car that has a blue book value of about $1,000. When I said "are you kidding me!?!" They came back with a $600 bid. I came to pick up my car and they said they could do it for $500. I went elsewhere and got the exact same work done for $350. I was really hoping this could be my mechanic shop. Alas...
Juan D. from 2000 Auto Service Corp responded on 10/12/2015

I truly understand that having the work done was not in your budget. I was extremely clear with you as far as why there was an estimate of $900 which was including heater lines, heater hoses(dealer items only), & thermostat (optional) if it was not serviced recently.  The parts alone were pretty expensive & was out of my control. We do not like cutting corners & do like doing the work correctly the first time around with what is required on the vehicle. Glad you were able to find someone that got the job done for $350.00 when parts alone were close to that amount. Happy Holidays!

DN
David N.
Mitsubishi Galant
08/03/2015 Category: Service
David said this business told him the total bill would amount to $3500, but it turned out to be $3800. The back seat had tar and oil around the window. When he notified an employee, they looked at him like he was stupid. He mentioned he believes this might have been because he does not speak Spanish and the staff at this business does not speak English. The trunk latch and quarter panel in the rear bothered him. The actual repair looked good. He wants to visit this business again. He requested a free cleaning of the upholstery.
Juan D. from 2000 Auto Service Corp responded on 08/05/2015

Mr. Norton,
I am extremely sorry for the misunderstanding. Please stop by our shop at your earliest convenience for the adjustment on the price.  You are absolutely right there is a language barrier especially when it comes to certain vocabulary. I am truly sorry about the experience you receive.
Ana

WP
William P.
Honda Accord
04/27/2015 Category: Service
William said the business provided great, friendly service. They did overestimate the labor time.

LL
Laurie L.
Honda Accord
02/14/2015
Body work
Didn't follow directions asking not to peel back tints off of window.
Juan D. from 2000 Auto Service Corp responded on 02/16/2015

I am extremely sorry that you are disappointed with the work we performed on your vehicle. As per your request you want us to remove the TINTS on your vehicle at no point or time did you specified you only wante a particular window done. We removed all your TINTS as per your request because of a ticket matter at no additional cost to you. The directions on our end was understood correctly. Thank you for your time.

Michael M.
NY
02/26/2014 Category: Service
Michael said he had an inspection which passed, but they failed him on safety. He took his vehicle to another facility and it passed the safety there. He will not recommend them because of this issue.

Jason S.
10/04/2013 Category: Service
Jason said he stood at the front desk for 10 minutes before anybody noticed him waiting and it was another 5 minutes before anybody asked if they could help him. When his vehicle was ready he was informed he had failed the inspection for emissions, but he could not get a straight answer about why because the employee who did the work did not speak english. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Juan D. from 2000 Auto Service Corp responded on 10/09/2013

We are extremely sorry you feel this way but checking into our records your turn around time for vehicle was 35 minutes. At the end of the inspection is was explained to you that the car has safety issues that needed to be addressed in order for it to pass inspection. We take Inspection seriously and we throughly check all vehicles.   I am sorry your car did not pass inspection at this time.