Overall Rating 2.8571429/5Overall Rating 2.8571429/5rating 2.8571429rating 2.8571429rating 2.8571429
Overall Rating 1.8571429/5rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429

DE
Daniel E.
Chevrolet Pickup
04/19/2019 Category: Service
Daniel said he was not dissatisfied with the service.

04/19/2019 Category: Service
Daniel said the business did alright, and he would recommend this business for service.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 05/13/2019

TThank you for speaking with me about your visit.

Matthew H.
GMC Jimmy
07/26/2018 Category: Service
Matthew said this business was unable to fix his vehicle. The staff was very helpful and nice.

07/26/2018 Category: Service
Matthew said the facility did a computer diagnostic, had the vehicle for 10 hours and still couldn't figure out what was wrong with the vehicle. However, he would still recommend this business for service.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 07/28/2018

I am sorry we could not figure out the issue with your vehicle on 7/20/18 but if my records are correct we spoke about the vehicle on the 17th and I had scheduled you for the 18th and the vehicle was not brought to us till the 20th. Also after trying to work you in on the 20th and not being able to find the issue I did not charge you anything and reschedule you for the following Monday July 23rd and you did not show up to that appointment. I would very much like to assist you with repairing your vehicle, please contact the shop and schedule another appointment.

Thank you for your time and review.
Ryan D.

CL
Chris L.
03/03/2017 Category: Service
Chris said this business is not what it used to be. He has purchased 5 or 6 vehicles from them. The mechanics are excellent but he is not thrilled with the employees who schedule appointments. They seem bland and hostile these days. They used to be more friendly.

03/03/2017 Category: Service
Chris said he was very dissatisfied with service this business provided. His tire pressure was not checked in conjunction with the oil change and he had to take his vehicle back in the next day to have it done.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 03/06/2017

I spoke to Chris and he informed me that he had taken his vehicle to the dealer for his oil change and thought he was giving a review on that. He only came to us for a tire repair which we performed and everything was ok after that. I informed Chris that we can perform any service and repair that the dealer can and his vehicle will still be under manufactures warranty since we are an ASE certified shop. Hope to see you next time Chris!

5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 03/10/2017

Unfortunately even after I spoke to Chris and informed him that we are not the dealer he has again rated us thinking that we are the dealership that he has gone to. We have never sold any vehicles to this gentleman, as we have only had dealings with him one time and that was for the tire repair. Chris, come to Five Star, give us 5stars on our review and let us show you that we are 5 star and not the bland and hostile dealership that you are going to!

Doug H.
10/07/2016 Category: Service
Doug said this business did nothing to resolve his problem. He is still having the same issue.

10/07/2016 Category: Service
Doug said the people were nice and friendly at this business but he wasn't happy with the service. He had to pay $50 and they didn't do what needed to be done right. They were supposed to put a cable on that he provided and they didn't adjust it right when they put it on his vehicle.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/11/2016

I called Doug and reminded him that we put in his cable as requested, that his old cable was broken and held in by jb weld and hose clamps, and his jeep was missing the throttle return spring and bracket, so that is why the job was not able to be done completely correctly, due to the missing parts he did not have and the condition of the jeep. We will happily replace the parts missing if the customer so desires to make everything as it should.

5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/18/2016

How does our rating goes from 2 out of 5 to 1 out of 5 after I reach out to the customer to see how we can resolve the situation?  Again, I let the customer know that we would gladly repair his vehicle correctly if either he brings us the parts it is missing or he lets us supply them. Unfortunately we are not miracle workers and cannot perform to perfection with an imperfect situation.

AG
Abitha G.
01/20/2016 Category: Service
Abitha said she is highly disappointed with this business. When the vehicle was brought back for repairs it was not fixed properly and is still leaking. She said she is not happy.

01/20/2016 Category: Service
Abitha said they are experiencing the same problem 3 months after the repair was made by this business. She has called them but has not received a call back.
Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 01/25/2016

Abitha,
 I am sorry you are having problems, but you aren't having the same problem that you came in with. When you brought your vehicle to us it had to be towed in due to a blown motor. We give you the option of purchasing a remanned motor with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty or a used motor that carries a 30 day warranty from the junkyard. You decided on the used motor. We installed the used motor and you have been driving it. When you came back 3 months later with a leak, we checked it and found that the valve cover gaskets are leaking oil. I would not consider this the same problem as 3 months previous. When we purchase a used motor from the junkyard the valve covers are on the motor and we do not remove them. They are part of the motor. I am sorry you are having a problem with that. If you will come back by our Winchester store we will help you out on the labor side of the repair.

Dean Bartholow
Area Manager

Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 01/29/2016

Abitha we fixed the oil leak you had. It is not leaking. When you brought it in for the oil leak we topped off all your fluids. Your washer fluid was completley empty. We filled it up. You are telling us over the phone that something is leaking that is blue. That is most likely your washer fluid. It is blue. Oil is not blue. We have asked you to bring it back to let us look but you haven't.  We can't tell what it is over the phone but the only blue fluid in your vehicle is washer fluid we put in as a courtesy. You purchased a used engine. You keep saying you are coming back for the same problem. None of the problems you have talked about are the same problem. We fixed a transmission leak for free that has nothing to do with the engine we installed. We fixed the oil leak out of warranty for cost of parts. You all have been rude to my employees and keep finding things wrong with your vehicle that have nothing to do with the job we have done. If you want a new vehicle you would need to trade that one in on a new vehicle. The reciept plainly stated that it was a used engine with a 30 day warranty. You were also told that in the beginning when we told you it was best to go with a new motor. You chose to go with the used engine after we explained all the risk of a used engine to you. We also told you what the difference was in the warranties. You are not telling the truth on these articles when you do them. I hope you know that that is defamation of charactor.

You can reach me at 744-4054 or 231-5750
Dean

PW
PAM W.
09/26/2015
Thanks for everyone who contact me to help me understand was was going on.

09/26/2015
There needs to be more parking.
I got a back compressor fix and they didnt bother ro check the front. So with that being said I had to spend $400 in two weeks, just because they dont check almost everything that goes with what they fix.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/06/2015

I contacted Pam since I was confused at her rating. When she picked up her vehicle she was delighted as we had saved her over 600$ being that at first we thought the a/c compressor was going out but after removing the belt and tensioner we found that the tensioner was bad, it was visually ok, but tension was not holding onto the  belt well causing it to slip. The week prior we had replaced the rear blower motor and the front blower motor resistor. These three problems are non related parts, located in different areas of the vehicle. It is hoped that the customer sees that we did her a service in being honest and only fixing what was wrong, instead of doing a whole a/c compressor kit and charging her for parts that she did not need. When I spoke to Pam she also mentioned brake noise and I informed her that her rear brakes were still under warranty and if that was the problem we could replace them free of charge, but that we had never done front brakes here. She said she would let me know.

Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/02/2015

Pam,
 After talking to Elaine you said you understood the mis-communication and everything was ok. She had sent a request for a re-score and to make sure you were happy. We have not heard from you. Can you please give Elaine a call? We want to make sure you are happy with our work. If you are still not happy please let me know what I can do to make you happy.

Dean
859-231-5750
859-744-4054

JOE W.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
06/14/2015
Dean reached out to me concerning my recent experience at 5 star. I agree with the fact that you all called and talked to me about having a problem getting the axles off. No biggie, I told Elaine i would buy new ones and have those installed, hoping to make the process easier to complete. Knowing the clutch was burnt up to begin with, I wish that the pivot ball and clutch fork were noticed as being worn before the transmission was reinstalled. Regarding the discount(savings), Dean stated the prices(on the parts) were reduced before being put on the invoice. Thus, the only discount I saw on the invoice was the 10% off. So the majority of the almost $300 in savings, i received, went to Enterprise. However, I will add, my car seems to be running fine and better than it was before I brought it to 5star. Lastly, I appreciate the time/effort Dean took reply to my review and to reach out to me over the phone.

06/14/2015
Disappointed(with a capital D)
Been going to 5star for years, however my most recent visit there was unacceptable. Received a quote to install a clutch kit(8hrs + parts). Made an appointment and dropped my car off at 8am Tuesday June 2nd. My car was finally finished and ready for pick up the following Wednesday, June 10th(8 days later). Since my car wasn't ready during the same week I had to get a rental car for 5 days(Sat. June 6th-Wed. June 10th). I guess for my inconvenience they applied a 10% off coupon(that is available on their website). The discount didn't even cover the full cost of me having to get a rental car for 5 days. Needless to say, this was not a very pleasant experience.
Dean B., Area Manager from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 06/15/2015

Joe,
 I am sorry that you were not happy with our service. I realize that you understood the clutch job to take 8 hours. That is barring any complications. Both of your axles were froze in your hub assemblies. We called and talked to you about this. We tried every way that we could to get them out without damage but they would not come free at all. We spent several extra hours trying to remove the axles. We replaced your clutch which was completly burnt up. After replacement, your new clutch would not release completly, we then found that your pivot ball and clutch fork were worn causing your previous clutch to burn up. We had to remove the transmission again (at no cost to you) to replace these parts. These parts are dealer only items, so we had to order them from the dealer. They did not have them in stock so they had to be ordered. This is something we can not control. It took 3 days to get the parts. We had your car back together the same day the parts came in.  Yes we did give you 10% off, but that is after we dropped the prices on the ticket. You actually recieved almost $300.00 in savings between us marking the ticket down and taking 10% off. We did this to try our best to take care of you for something that was not our fault and was beyond our control. I don't feel that you are being fair to us with the review that you left for us. My phone line is always open for customers to talk to me. I will always do my best to handle your concerns. I want you to understand everything that went on during the time your vehicle was in our care. I also want you to feel that you got a good price for the work that we performed. Please call me if you still have concerns about the repair on your vehicle. I will ask that you please re-evaluate the score you have given us. I do not believe that we deserve that low score.

Dean Bartholow
859-231-5750
859-744-4054

BRIAN B.
12/05/2019
These people really know what they are doing, from the mechanic to the desk person. They know how to treat customers.

Jeffersonville, KY
Mitsubishi Galant
12/01/2019
Always the best.
5 Star always provides the best maintenance service for my vehicle.

AARON B.
11/22/2019
Honest and hardworking
I can depend on this place to tell me how it is without sugar coating or bloating a minor problem. This is the kind of place that you know will tell you the truth and do their best to keep your vehicle safe.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/26/2019

Thank you for the review and being part of th 5-Star Auto Repair & Exhust of Lexington Family.

LH
LES H.
Mercury Milan
11/16/2019
Always well received, clear explanations, etc.
Immeidate consideration, clarity of details and cost estimates provide easy understanding and trust on my part.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you for the kind words. we are happy to have you as part of the 5-Star family.

EH
Eric H.
11/15/2019
Always a great place to have your car fixed
Had my brakes repaired, car was ready the same day. Price was fair, brakes work like new. They can fix anything and will work with you on scheduling needed repairs

Thank you for the review. I am glad you are happy with your brakes.

Jay W.
Versailles, KY
11/15/2019 Category: Service
Jay said it was all good. Ryan even took him home and he lives out side of the county. Jay said he did have a question about whether or not Duramax Synthetic was used in his vehicle.

Thank you for the review. any time you need our shuttle service just let us know.

PR
Patsy R.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Patsy said they didn't fix the issue with the vehicle.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/14/2019

I apologise. we will take care of your situation.

Margaret G.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Margaret said the service was fast and she trusts this business. All the employees were professional and friendly.

Thank you for the review.

MISTY B.
Martha, KY
11/07/2019
absolutely the best service I have ever encountered!!! Great customer service and great mechanics.
I was out of town with a broken exhaust, with the fumes coming up in the cab of my truck! Last minute, right at closing!! And after 5 different locations refused me service because it was more than 2 hours until closing time!! These guys checked my vehicle assured me it was safe until appt time. Made my appt the next day!! And had my truck done within a short amount of time!!! I was road ready by the next day!! Before scheduled time for me to go back home!!!! Great mechanic!! The ladies in the office was awesome!! And the price was excellent!!!!!! Best experience ever!

Thank you for the review. I am glad we could help you out in your time of need.

CO
Christopher O.
Lexus IS 300
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Christopher said the service was prompt. The technicians are always quick to get him in for service. He brought in a custom exhaust and they had it welded within 30 minutes to his specifications. He said Ryan is a cool guy, and he likes the text feature that this business offers.

Thank you for the review. I am glad you like the text feature.

RYAN G.
11/02/2019
Same day service, convenient
I called another service shop first and was told they couldn’t get me in for 4 days. 5 Star got me in the same morning and even provided me a ride to my husbands work so he didn’t have to come pick me up! They completed the service within a few hours. Even though no maintenance was needed at the time, they were not pushy which was nice.

Thank you for the review. we always try to look out for our customers ant their vehicles.

BR
BOB R.
Honda Civic Coupe
10/23/2019
The very best service!
I The people at 5 Star are very real, competent and honest. Their work and advice are trustworthy. The best best auto service I have received.Highly recommended!

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the kind words.

Joyce H.
10/21/2019 Category: Service
Joyce said the business has good work, dependable and good customer service, and they do provide rides.

Thank you for the review. You are welcome to use our shuttle service any time.