Overall Rating 2.9/5Overall Rating 2.9/5Overall Rating 2.9/5Overall Rating 2.9/5Overall Rating 2.9/5

EH
ELLEN H.
HUMMER H3
01/07/2020
5-Star Shop
This vehicle has been going back and forth at their shop, 5-Star seems like they see a lot of problems, let us pay for $1,000 plus, return to us only to have the original problem we encounter before.

JOEL A.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/30/2019
Normally tell me what and how much buy didn't my last time
Normally call me and give me updates on what they are going to do, how much, and if I want it done. Last time I was there didn't and just charged me.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/09/2019

We apologized and remedied the situation

GL
Guy L.
07/03/2019
Tune up
My Jeep needed a tune up and had a hesitation in acceleration issue. No engine light mind you , just a tune up at 75000 miles . They were also offering a “spring special “ oil change tire rotation and new wipers just under a hundred ok I’m in . This was on a Friday, I pick it up Wednesday morning. Almost $700 .. changed 2 fluids and 2 brake pads , but no wipers.. And charged me to ask the computer what is wrong with my car , it says nothing, still charged . Very disappointed
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 07/17/2019

A customer service representitive has reached out to you in attempt to fix the issue and scheduled you a follow up appointment, according to my records that appointment was missed. I will have her contact you again in reguards to making the situation right.

DERRON M.
GMC Yukon XL
04/14/2019
Was in the same boat after I picked up my vehicle
They were friendly and nice enough to honor my 21 years of Honorable service in the Army with a discount, but I was charged 138 dollars for a diagnostic test and still had no idea what the problem was on my GMC Yukon. I will NEVER be back to this business.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 04/18/2019

Thank you for being understanding, and taking time to speak with me on the phone about this situation.

Brad M.
Louisville, KY
10/20/2018 Category: Service
Brad said that the facility charged him for three gallons of coolant when his radiator only holds less than two gallons. There was follow up, and a refund.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/25/2018

Again I am sorry for the mistake, and did everything in my power to correct the situation. I hope to get the chance to make it up to you in the future. We strive for honest, excellent service here at 5 Star but nobody is perfect 100% of the time and occasionally mistakes are made. If we are at fault we will own up to it.

Paris, KY
07/10/2018
5 Star, Lexington, Review
The turn around for the oil change was excellent. The car was dropped off at 8:30. I was not called before lunch time as to the status. I had to call to find out.

I have not received the promised estimates as promised for additional work found during the oil change.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 07/10/2018

Dear Valued Customer

I am sorry you are not happy with our recent customer service, I can honestly tell you normally it is much better. 5-Star has recently switched phone / internet providers and we are unfortunately receiving poor service our selves, we currently are trying to meet our customers needs with only 1 of 3 phone lines, no fax line, and at best occasional internet. Please accept my apologies and give us a second chance to show you the true custom service we offer. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact me.

Sincerely Ryan D

JARED P.
Star Prairie, WI
INFINITI QX56
11/06/2017
$ preferred over business or customer service
When i asked them to investigate an exhaust leak sound on my vehicle they identified a muffler seam as possible cause. Muffler ordered and appointment scheduled for 8 a.m. with instructions to investigate further if sound of exhaust leak continued after muffler install, removing heat shields as may be necessary. Results are I'm charged fairly for work completed (new muffler) and vehicle returned with same exhaust leak sound. When discussed with shop, I'm told that they performed the work that I was charged for, and apologies for not completing work order as written. And that they didn't have enough time in the day to investigate further, even if they had intended to complete the work order (8:00 a.m. scheduled appointment) 11 days later and no attempt by shop to call and discuss my dissatisfaction. A poor job of customer consultation both prior to as well as after work was completed
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/06/2017

I had spoken to Jared when he came to pick up his vehicle, he had at that time informed me that the exhaust sounded the same to him. The flange was in fact broken and the seam of the muffler blown- two obvious repairs needed.Unfortunately we didn't have a opportunity to remove the heat shields that day and I told Jared that if he would bring back the vehicle on Monday that we would remove the heat shields and if it needed any small tack welding that we would take care of it. I meant that to say that for his troubles if it was something small we would not charge him. He said he would come on Monday but never showed up. I wrongly assumed he had rescheduled. After recieving this review I realized how wrong I was and promptly called him. He had taken his vehicle somewhere else and has been given an estimate for a large job, I have countered an estimate, and offered for him to return to us to verify work needed, when it is convenient to him. It is  hoped that we can come to a happy medium and Jared can have a great experience with us.

John L.
Volvo S40
10/28/2017 Category: Service
John said he was not happy with the business because they did the same repair twice and double charged him. The lady at the front desk said he had a bad attitude. He will be calling the Better Business Bureau.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/09/2017

John came in with a check engine light on and a lean code and we found a pcv hose broken, we replaced the hose and the plenum gasket drove the vehicle and everything was good to go. He received a veterans discount.  John called back later stating the check engine light had come on and was asked if he wanted to bring it in the next day. He responded upset because he thought he was being put off instead of being asked if that was convenient to him. That was explained to him later. He had sold the car and the new owner brought it in the next day. We diagnosed (for free) the problem and found that the diaphram inside of the oil trap housing (located under the pcv hose, and internal of the housing) had failed. Our shop foreman offered to do the work only charging 1/2 hour although the job took 2 hours not including diagnose time of over 1 hour. After the work was done John shook the shop foremans hand, thanked him, and  came in and paid his bill. John actually saved $194.10 on his bill with the discounted labor and no charge for additional diagnose. We are sorry that two different components failed ,however we did not do the same repair twice, nor did we double charge him, in all actuality we tried to make easier a difficult situation after a customer had already sold a vehilce to someone else.

WH
WALTER H.
07/14/2017
Didn't fix,the problem that I brought it in to fix
Didn't fix,the problem that I brought it in to fix.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 07/14/2017

Walter,
We did perform the vehilce inspection and at that time did not find the answer to one of your problems,  however we did find another problem that you weren't aware of, and were able to  make your vehicle road worthy. I am glad that you have scheduled another appointment next week and hopefully then we can find and fix your other problem. Thank you!

JEREMY H.
07/02/2017
Poor work.
My break caliper has come lose and moves along the wheel, I will be there first thing in the morning to have it repaired and I expect that any damage caused by this will be covered as well. I had recently had my tires rotated there and then all the sudden my rotors are warped. I replace my rotors and break pads and now this. I am beginning to question after this repair if I will bring my business back.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 07/05/2017

Jeremy,
We checked out your vehicle and replaced a caliper bolt that had somehow worked itself back after 2,000 miles which is almost unheard of. Your brakes (pads and rotors) looked good, you have a lifetime warranty on pads and a year on rotors, so no worries. If anything needed replacing we would have taken care of it. After the rotate and balance we had spoken and figured that the vibration you felt-your warped rotors, you could not have distinguished before the balance of the tires. With everything you have done here you have a nationwide warranty, if you are out of the area you can call 1-800-457-0019. I hope you are satisfied with our work and the compensation you were given for your troubles and rental car.

CD
CRYSTAL D.
GMC Envoy
04/14/2017
Had to have my vehicle towed back to the shop.
When I picked up my vehicle, it was making a funny noise. I immediately returned to the shop. They drove it and said it was fine, just some air trapped. On Saturday we noticed the antifreeze was leaking out. The car had to be towed back to the shop on Monday. They said the thermostat that they put in was faulty. They did fix it at no additional cost. It was just a pain to be without my vehicle again. They were also very defensive about the situation.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 04/14/2017

I am so sorry you felt that way! You had been informed if the problem was not related to anything you had done here you could be charged a tow, and I know that was what bothered you. That is our policy, as it is, it was related as there was a defective part involved.  We had  your vehicle  towed in free of charge, the defective part replaced, and a free oil change was also given to smooth things over. I feel bad that this situation occured, unfortunately parts can sometimes be defective, however this is why we offer a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty with our work. We understand how important it is for everyone to have a good running vehicle every day. We apologize again for any inconvenience incurred.

MARY B.
Chevrolet Sonic
02/16/2017
Oil change took way too long!
It took 1 hour and 5 minutes to get a simple oil change. After 55 minutes I ask what the problem was and was told they were waiting on a filter. I thought this was odd since I had made the appointment 2 days earlier and would have thought they would have what they needed to change my oil. Then the guy rang it up without using the coupon we had discussed when I came in. So it took more time to get that right. I might as well go to one of those drive through oil change places. It would have surely been faster.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 02/16/2017

I reached out to Mary and apologized for the delay. Her vehicle does take a special cannister filter that was not in stock and while delivering it, the parts truck came upon a train with over 100 boxcars! We now have her filter information in her memo to ensure that upon her next oil change we will have it in stock. She did receive her coupon discount, which offset the cost of the filter, which is much more expensive than a regular filter. We will work on our communication with our customers to ensure a quicker turn around and less down time. We want to be a one stop shop for our customers and will strive to accomodate their needs. Thank you Mary for our great phone conversation and allowing me to resolve this unfortunate experience! We look forward to seeing you again!

TK
Tim K.
Ravenna, KY
01/21/2017 Category: Service
Tim said this business is drastically over-priced. He said he had a plug placed in his tire and was charged $19. He believes other businesses would have charged around $10.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 01/23/2017

Tim,
I am so sorry you feel that way!! To be fair, I checked prices from three different tire retail shops in Lexington and one priced the same tire repair at $18.00 before tax, another at $30.19 before tax and another at $25.00 before tax. I feel that our price of $19.43 total of taking a tire off of a vehicle, performing a repair and then mounting and balancing the tire and reinstalling to be a fair price. I'm not sure about the pricing in Ravenna Ky.

DALE G.
Versailles, KY
Dodge Dakota
11/03/2016
2004 Dodge Dakota
Actually I am Quite Unhappy. After # separate visits and several hundred $ work on the blower for AC/Heater, it stopped working again, and was repaired elsewhere , basically a 'short'. And, the reason it ended up elsewhere is that the vehicle overheated because y'all didn't tighten the radiator cap @my last service. So, after a few years of doing business there, I'm Done. Dale G.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 11/04/2016

Dale,
I am sorry you feel that way! I see we have replaced the blower motor resistor and pigtail in 2015 and it had been about a year since you came back needing the blower motor replaced. We also did an oil change where we did check your coolant strength by testing the coolant from the reservoir. I don't see any reason we would have opened your radiator cap. And since you didn't let us know about having a problem with the blower motor after you left I'm not sure what the short was. I am aware that last year you had many burnt wires that we repaired. Remember that we have a 12 month 12.000 mile warranty with every service but unfortunately if you don't let us know of a problem, we can't fix it. When you picked up your vehicle last month everything was in good working order which leads me to believe that your short was in fact another problem, or the blower motor installed would not have worked for us. I also don't know why you waited a month to let us know of this problem. I called and left you a message, and do hope we can speak to resolve this situation.

Doug H.
Kentucky
10/07/2016 Category: Service
Doug said this business did nothing to resolve his problem. He is still having the same issue.

10/07/2016 Category: Service
Doug said the people were nice and friendly at this business but he wasn't happy with the service. He had to pay $50 and they didn't do what needed to be done right. They were supposed to put a cable on that he provided and they didn't adjust it right when they put it on his vehicle.
5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/11/2016

I called Doug and reminded him that we put in his cable as requested, that his old cable was broken and held in by jb weld and hose clamps, and his jeep was missing the throttle return spring and bracket, so that is why the job was not able to be done completely correctly, due to the missing parts he did not have and the condition of the jeep. We will happily replace the parts missing if the customer so desires to make everything as it should.

5 Star S. from 5 Star Auto Repair & Exhaust Of Lexington responded on 10/18/2016

How does our rating goes from 2 out of 5 to 1 out of 5 after I reach out to the customer to see how we can resolve the situation?  Again, I let the customer know that we would gladly repair his vehicle correctly if either he brings us the parts it is missing or he lets us supply them. Unfortunately we are not miracle workers and cannot perform to perfection with an imperfect situation.