Latest Review over 1 year ago

CT
Christopher T.
Las Vegas, NV
08/20/2018
"Non-Disco, Straight Shooting and a Down-To-Earth German Auto Repair Establishment
I was just a kid who probably had no idea just how badly the deck (back then) was stacked against me, when Alan took an interest in me, like the uncle I never had.

I owe him so much. Back when I lived in Portland, I was taken with his comprehensive knowledge of Porsche, Audi, and Volkswagen equipment, which for me today (as it was then) is second to none.

But, what I remember most was he never forgot where he came from and he was open to learning whatever he could use from virtually everyone he came in contact with. And top be candid, there are one or two Porsche stories we were able to share, which may qualify as "Paranormal Porsche Anomalies," LOL!!!

In other words, if I had not been there to witness said anomalies, I too would have a most difficult time believing they occurred. But, I digress. All I know is this, I cannot say enough good things about Alan or his loving wife, Kim. He puts his knowledge, heart, sincerity, guts, and soul into everything he does for his customers. For what it is worth, a more knowledgeable and sincere master-of-the-craft you will not find in the Portland Metropolitan Area, and probably the whole West Coast, and I mean that sincerely.

PE
Pat E.
Vancouver, WA
08/21/2017
This is the ONLY place I ever go for Porsche Service
A&P Specialties has serviced every Porsche, Audi, VW, and BMW that I and every person my family have ever owed for more than 15 years, as as long as A&P Specialties is there... It will the only place I continue to go to in the future. The service is excellent, the price is always right, and I simply would not trust another mechanics hands on my Porsche's.

MK
Michael K.
05/05/2017
First-class in every way!
Realistic scheduling; thorough info gathering to identify problems/symptoms; consultation on repairs in progress/ obtain permission before proceeding beyond original scope of work; completed work on time within repair budget and car returned clean inside and out. Thorough and professional in every respect.

NC
Nicole C.
Audi Q7
03/29/2017
Always great!
This is my second time at A&P Specialties - and for the second time these guys were the best priced for what I needed. Despite being down two service techs, they were still able to get me in the very next morning, and my battery was replaced (and car ready for pick-up) just a few hours later. Having bought my Audi used with about 60,000 miles on it, things are starting to go out, and the list of my service needs is growing. I'll be going to A&P for every one of them.

GR
Ginger R.
Silverton, OR
Audi TT
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Ginger said they did everything she needed done and they were friendly.

David H.
Porsche 911
10/07/2016 Category: Service
David said the employees are honest, do a good job and the prices are fair. He has been going to this business for 20 years.

Cliff M.
West Linn, OR
Porsche 911
09/21/2016 Category: Service
Cliff said he liked their honesty and they were reasonable. He once had an issues with the business and their response was great.

PC
Paula C.
Hood River, OR
08/22/2016
great place!
There was a mistake with the date of my appointment (online booking mis-read) but they squeezed me right in away and totally fixed everything I was concerned about and did an oil change. Paul is always friendly and nice to work with. He treats me with great respect and I don't feel ripped off or messed with just because I am a woman.

PT
Paul T.
Porsche 928
08/22/2016 Category: Service
Paul said this business was great. The staff and Al, the owner, are always good to him. They give him rides home if he drops off his vehicle for repair. When the work is completed, it is always top notch.

KD
Kristen D.
Volkswagen Vanagon
08/21/2016
Always Incredibly Helpful
Came in for my scheduled maintenance and they tuned up my van wonderfully. Alan and Paul are always very communicative and helpful in explaining what needs to be done when. I really trust their expertise and advice! Thanks for always doing such great work on my van!

RT
Robin T.
Volkswagen EuroVan
08/19/2016
Robert Tovey review of business with A & P
A & P you are a pleasure to do business with

TR
Ted R.
Volkswagen Vanagon
08/17/2016 Category: Service
Ted said this business was able to fit him into their schedule, the service was quick, and everyone was very nice.

AY
Adrienne Y.
Volkswagen GTI
07/26/2016
Good service, professional
It was pretty easy & quick to get in to make an appointment. I was recommended to the shop by a friend with an older VW. The conversations i had on the phone with the company were for the most part good - in the beginning the person I was talking to was very patient with my questions, but by the last couple conversations he seemed a little annoyed to speak with me. The car was running great when it picked it up, I could notice a difference while driving it. Although the main reason why I brought my car into the shop had not changed, but no one could consistently replicate what I was experiencing. (There was a rev-ing in the engine while I was idling. The car still inconsistently does this.) The shop was able to accommodate me by leaving my car on the street so I could pick it up after business hours. My only complaint was that the spare key I lent the shop was in plain view in the car when I went to pick it up. Overall my experience was good.

GR
Ginger R.
Silverton, OR
Volkswagen EuroVan
06/29/2016 Category: Service
Ginger said this business did everything she needed them to do.

AR
Alex R.
Porsche Cayenne
06/14/2016
these guys are very knowledgeable, friendly and most importantly, helpful. I used them for my pre purchase inspection on a Porsche Cayenne and the level of detail was incredible. I look forward to using them again for my new car

AF
Alisa F.
05/14/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Alisa's husband. He said he already has recommended others to this business.

David M.
Ashland, OR
05/13/2016
competence & care
a combination of consummate professional competence and friendly, personalized caring for their customers make this an unusual shop. The small touches, such as returning the car washed with an itemized list of potential needs for repair, and the time spent by Allen or Paul reviewing the work done and organizing future work needs makes this shop like having trusted, highly competent friends care for your car.

OH
Oscar H.
Clackamas, OR
05/04/2017
Always on time with the right information and fair price
It is a pleasure to call and make an appointment with Paul the Service Manager. Paul is very knowledgeable and professional in his assessments of what is needed for my vehicle. I appreciate the time he takes to ensure my vehicle is repaired correctly the first time and proactively inspects all common areas of the vehicle for possible problems that may arise in the future. Great Job Paul. Great Job A&P Team!
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/05/2017

Many thanks Oscar we really appreciate your trust in us and we hope you have a great summer, Alan & Paul.

PC
Paula C.
Hood River, OR
04/29/2017
excellent trustworthy service every time!
Paul and all the staff (i wish i could remember everyone's names!) are always very courteous and professional! It is always intimidating, (and particularly as a non-mechanically informed woman) to have work done on my car. But these guys have been excellent!!! excellent!! my car has never run better! I have dealt with them for a couple years now, and it is usually just for an oil change and they don't find a "big expensive blah blah problem" my car just continues to run great!! This time I did arrive having had my check engine light come on a couple times over the last month or so. They gave me a very thorough explanation and no pressure suggestion about the fuel pump problem (and I know they were honest as I have a very mechanically inclined friend and he noticed my car not accelerating as it should and thought that may be the problem) So it is confirmed they are honest :) The work is always done quickly and their prices are very very reasonable :) I highly recommend A & P Specialties!! I even drive all the way in from Hood River, they are worth it!
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/01/2017

Thanks Paula for the review Paul and I hope you have  great summer, Thanks Alan.

KH
Kory H.
Vancouver, WA
Porsche Boxster
04/29/2017
Fast, Friendly and Great Work!
Started bringing my Boxster here last year and will never go anywhere else. The Staff is so friendly and very very good about explaining the problem and the fix. I highly recommend A and P
Alan B. from A And P Specialties responded on 05/01/2017

Thanks Kory we really are thankful for the review and hope you have a great summer with your Porsche, Alan & Paul.