Jack F.
Saturn VUE
08/18/2017 Category: Service
Jack said the staff replaced a power steering pump 11 months ago. He took his vehicle back to this business for a second time due to the pump failing. The technicians told him that it was not the pump. Instead they said it was a part that cost $1300. He then took his vehicle to another business which told him it is definitely the power steering pump. They tried to rip him off at this business.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/12/2017

Thank You Jack for your Review! I'm sorry that you were not happy with our diagnosis. The last time you came in (10/12/16) We told you to keep an eye on your power steering fluid, that you still had a leak. Your Power Steering Pump was Bad - It was burned up because of no power steering fluid in the system. That is why we couldn't warranty the pump for you. It was not defective. A new pump is only a temporary fix because them main issue is a Leak at the Power Steering Rack & Pinion. The $1300 repair that you mention was just a part, it was Parts, Labor, Alignment, Shop Supplies and Tax. That is the cost of neglect. If you still don't address the leak, you may well burn up another Power Steering Pump. You could have stopped by anytime and we would have checked your power steering fluid for you. Regular visits help ward off major problems later. Thank you for your Business!

Lisa M.
Buick LaCrosse
09/08/2016
I don't recommend them
I went to Arundal Auto from a friends referral. I have a car that sat for a long time so I asked them to check all the tires. They replaced the 2 front tires (with racing tires) I didn't need them. The back 2 tires were over 8 years old and dry rotted. They said I didn't need to replace them. The day after I brought my car home I started getting alerts on my dashboard about my tires. I took the car somewhere else where they discovered the 8 year old dry rotted tires and replaced them. They then asked why I have racing tires??
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/20/2016

Lisa, We are Sorry to hear that you didn't think to return to us when you developed a problem with your tires the next day. We stand behind and Warranty all our Repairs for 12 months/12,000 miles. In response to another shop telling you we put Racing Tires on your Buick Lacrosse, those tires had a ZR Rating required by the manufacturer. A ZR rating is a High Performance Tire not a Racing Tire. We don't sell Customers anything they don't need. We felt you had plenty of life left in your 8 yr old tires. A little dry rot on Tires that have been sitting doesn't necessarily require replacing. Sorry you didn't trust us. Ed did phone you in response to your review. Thank you for your business!

WD
william d.
09/15/2020
Not told about additional charge.
I dropped my 2005 Toyota highlander off to have a power steering pressure line replaced. They looked at it the day before and gave me an estimate that was fair and accurate so I arrange to drop it off. When I dropped it off I discuss the tire rotation and told him I wanted to five tire rotation because the car had new tires and a new spare underneath of it and could they take a look at the brakes while the tires were offBecause I felt it may soon be due for brakes. The charge to rotate the tires was $36. Well I have free tire rotations at fire stone because I have fire stone Bridgestone tires on it for $36 it wasn’t worth taking at the fire stone knowing that I would never let them service my vehicle beyond tire installation I told them to go ahead and rotate the tires. I got a call from Ed the following morning he told me the power steering line repair was all done and that I really wanna rotate the tires because they look brand new. I told them they had almost 20,000 miles on them already and I still wanted the spare rotated out onto the car. When I went to pick the vehicle up the bill was $40 or so more than I expected it to be based on the quote I got the day before and I asked why so much. I was told because they rotated the spare out from underneath of the vehicle. I questioned that they knew I wanted that done to begin with and still quoted me $36 for the rotation. If you would’ve told me you were going to charge me $72 I would’ve told you to not rotate the tires because for $36 it’s not worth sitting at fire stone for an hour but for $72 And go get an ice cream and get a free tire rotation. They almost had a new customer for all of my vehicle repair needs but after this I’m not so sure that I will return. I am a retired 25+ your master technician and former repair shop owner. I am very sketchy about who I let touch my cars when I can’t fix them myself. I had high hopes for the shop especially because they’re very close to my home but now I think I’m Going to have to search for another shop. I wouldn’t say don’t go there for service because I do think they’re very competent. But nothing frustrates a shopper or a service purchaser then a bill bigger than expected at the end of the day.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/16/2020

Mr. Dermota, Sorry I was not there to discuss your bill when you picked up your vehicle yesterday. Our normal 4 tire rotation is $36. More time is involved to retrieve the spare out from under the car, rotate it and put another tire back under the car as a spare. This was the reason for the additional cost and a miss communication on our part. We would like you to return as a customer, so I will be sending you a check for $53.16 which is 10% refund of your ticket from yesterday. If I had been there yesterday I would have offered it to you at that time. If you choose not to return, please remember we stand behind the work we did yesterday for 12 months/12,000 miles. We Appreciate your Business!

AK
Al K.
05/12/2016 Category: Service
Al said he is having the same problem. He will be taking the vehicle back to the business tomorrow. His vehicle would stall and not operate. He would have to have his vehicle jumped every time this would happen. He said he feels he was overcharged for the service by $200. He showed his receipt to others and was informed he was overcharged. In the past he liked their integrity, honesty and they would be up front with him. The part he needed cost $50 at a retail store but he was charged $200 for the same part. They also charged him for a diagnostic fee where other places waive that fee if the service is performed.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 05/17/2016

Al, We were sorry to hear that you were still having problems with your car. The good news was, that it was just a Battery problem and not anything that had to do with our previous work. We are also sorry to hear that you think we over charged for a part. We only use Quality parts on our repairs to insure that we can guarantee our work for 12 months/12,000 miles. If you have any further problems, Please stop by and let us check it out for you. We Appreciate Your Business!

08/27/2020
They got me in fast, diagnosed the issue and fixed the problem
I am happy with their work however their labor charges are just way too high!, when I broke down the bill 2/3 of the cost were labor and it averaged out to be about 100 dollars per hour.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our Service. Sorry to hear that you seem surprised about our hourly rate it is not a secret. Our hourly rate is $110 per hour. Our rate has been that rate since 2017 and we have one of lowest hourly rates in the Annapolis Area. We Appreciate your Business, Thank you!

Jonathan L.
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Jonathan said the business did a really great job on his vehicle. However, he said he had a 4 hour window and it took awhile for his vehicle to be done.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 07/12/2019

Jonathan, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. You dropped your car off on Tuesday, our ticket was marked Time Wanted Wednesday and you picked your car up Tuesday Afternoon. There must have been some miscommunication and we are Sorry. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the work we did. We Appreciate your Business!

AC
Andrew C.
Gambrills, MD
06/15/2016 Category: Service
Andrew said his vehicle's air conditioning still isn't working since he brought it to the business. They were very responsive throughout the service and even asked him to bring his vehicle back, so they can get it working for him.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 06/23/2016

Thank you for the review Andrew. Unfortunately, AC repairs are not easy fixes. The relay was bad and we went with the least expensive fix.  We will now need additional time to check the AC Compressor. Thank you for your Business!

Jim T.
Jeep Liberty
05/12/2016 Category: Service
Jim said if he was not happy with the business he would not be using them.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 05/17/2016

Thank You Jim for Your Review. We are Happy that you would recommend us to others. We Appreciate your business!

Mike / Sheila M.
Chevrolet Suburban
07/20/2020
Suburban front/rear brake repairs
2016 Chevy Suburban experiencing a shake when braking. Brian and crew diagnosed rear pads and rotor problem (56K miles) possible original brakes. Also looked at front pads and rotors which were replaced 15K ago. Determined defect in front and replaced pads/rotors under warranty. Vehicle runs great and good to know is safe. As usual, guys did a great job in completing the service in one day and in line with the estimate.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 07/21/2020

Mike and Sheila, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. Sorry that your Front Brakes were defective, but we stand behind all our work for 12 months, 12,000 miles and sometimes longer. We are glad to hear that you are still satisfied with our service. We Appreciate your Business!

Randy S.
Dodge Journey
03/17/2020 Category: Service
Randy said the business was generally good.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 03/19/2020

Thank you Randy for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our Service. We Appreciate your Business.

BA
Bernabe A.
01/07/2020 Category: Service
Bernabe said this business was recommended to him by a family member and he would recommend them to others.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 01/08/2020

Bernabe we are pleased to hear that a family member recommended us to you. We are really happy to hear that you were satisfied with our Service, that you would recommend us to others. Thank you, We Appreciate Your Business!

Mike / Mary M.
Jeep Liberty
05/20/2019
120,000 mile tune up
As always great timely service. My Jeep definitely runs much better.

Just one problem is that I thought other things would be checked out and come to find out the AC is not working. Will be dropping off to service again.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 05/21/2019

Mike & Mary, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the Service that we did. We are sorry to hear that your AC is not working. We have to admit that unless the customer complains about the AC not working, its not something we routinely check; unless we hear an AC Compressor making noise indicating its going bad. Please drop it back off at your convenience and we will give you 10% off the Service. We Appreciate Your Business! Thank You!

VS
Victoria S.
Linthicum Heights, MD
Toyota Yaris
03/01/2019 Category: Service
Victoria said the business rotated her tires and there is a noise. It is very irritating and they told her it was normal.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 03/08/2019

Victoria, We are sorry to hear that you have a noise now that is irritating. We had a note on your receipt that your tires had road noise (with some tires is normal) and would have been there all along. If you have a sound that is now irritating, Please swing by for us to listen to. We stand behind all our work for 1 year/12,000 miles. We Appreciate your Business!

Mike D.
Arnold, MD
GMC Yukon XL
11/09/2018 Category: Service
Mike said he would recommend the business for service.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 11/15/2018

Thank you Mike for your Recommendation! We Appreciate your business!

HH
Helen H.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Helen said that she would recommend this business. The experience was good.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/15/2018

Thank you Helen for saying that you would recommend us. We Appreciate your Business!