08/27/2020
They got me in fast, diagnosed the issue and fixed the problem
I am happy with their work however their labor charges are just way too high!, when I broke down the bill 2/3 of the cost were labor and it averaged out to be about 100 dollars per hour.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our Service. Sorry to hear that you seem surprised about our hourly rate it is not a secret. Our hourly rate is $110 per hour. Our rate has been that rate since 2017 and we have one of lowest hourly rates in the Annapolis Area. We Appreciate your Business, Thank you!

Jack F.
Saturn VUE
08/18/2017 Category: Service
Jack said the staff replaced a power steering pump 11 months ago. He took his vehicle back to this business for a second time due to the pump failing. The technicians told him that it was not the pump. Instead they said it was a part that cost $1300. He then took his vehicle to another business which told him it is definitely the power steering pump. They tried to rip him off at this business.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/12/2017

Thank You Jack for your Review! I'm sorry that you were not happy with our diagnosis. The last time you came in (10/12/16) We told you to keep an eye on your power steering fluid, that you still had a leak. Your Power Steering Pump was Bad - It was burned up because of no power steering fluid in the system. That is why we couldn't warranty the pump for you. It was not defective. A new pump is only a temporary fix because them main issue is a Leak at the Power Steering Rack & Pinion. The $1300 repair that you mention was just a part, it was Parts, Labor, Alignment, Shop Supplies and Tax. That is the cost of neglect. If you still don't address the leak, you may well burn up another Power Steering Pump. You could have stopped by anytime and we would have checked your power steering fluid for you. Regular visits help ward off major problems later. Thank you for your Business!

Lisa M.
Buick LaCrosse
09/08/2016
I don't recommend them
I went to Arundal Auto from a friends referral. I have a car that sat for a long time so I asked them to check all the tires. They replaced the 2 front tires (with racing tires) I didn't need them. The back 2 tires were over 8 years old and dry rotted. They said I didn't need to replace them. The day after I brought my car home I started getting alerts on my dashboard about my tires. I took the car somewhere else where they discovered the 8 year old dry rotted tires and replaced them. They then asked why I have racing tires??
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/20/2016

Lisa, We are Sorry to hear that you didn't think to return to us when you developed a problem with your tires the next day. We stand behind and Warranty all our Repairs for 12 months/12,000 miles. In response to another shop telling you we put Racing Tires on your Buick Lacrosse, those tires had a ZR Rating required by the manufacturer. A ZR rating is a High Performance Tire not a Racing Tire. We don't sell Customers anything they don't need. We felt you had plenty of life left in your 8 yr old tires. A little dry rot on Tires that have been sitting doesn't necessarily require replacing. Sorry you didn't trust us. Ed did phone you in response to your review. Thank you for your business!

AK
Al K.
05/12/2016 Category: Service
Al said he is having the same problem. He will be taking the vehicle back to the business tomorrow. His vehicle would stall and not operate. He would have to have his vehicle jumped every time this would happen. He said he feels he was overcharged for the service by $200. He showed his receipt to others and was informed he was overcharged. In the past he liked their integrity, honesty and they would be up front with him. The part he needed cost $50 at a retail store but he was charged $200 for the same part. They also charged him for a diagnostic fee where other places waive that fee if the service is performed.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 05/17/2016

Al, We were sorry to hear that you were still having problems with your car. The good news was, that it was just a Battery problem and not anything that had to do with our previous work. We are also sorry to hear that you think we over charged for a part. We only use Quality parts on our repairs to insure that we can guarantee our work for 12 months/12,000 miles. If you have any further problems, Please stop by and let us check it out for you. We Appreciate Your Business!

Jane T.
09/18/2020 Category: Service
Jane said their daughter was going out of town and needed the vehicle right away. She said the staff did it fast and well.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/20/2020

Thank you Jane for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are glad that we were able to get your daughter back on her way out of town as soon a possible. We Appreciate Your Business!

WD
william d.
09/15/2020
Not told about additional charge.
I dropped my 2005 Toyota highlander off to have a power steering pressure line replaced. They looked at it the day before and gave me an estimate that was fair and accurate so I arrange to drop it off. When I dropped it off I discuss the tire rotation and told him I wanted to five tire rotation because the car had new tires and a new spare underneath of it and could they take a look at the brakes while the tires were offBecause I felt it may soon be due for brakes. The charge to rotate the tires was $36. Well I have free tire rotations at fire stone because I have fire stone Bridgestone tires on it for $36 it wasn’t worth taking at the fire stone knowing that I would never let them service my vehicle beyond tire installation I told them to go ahead and rotate the tires. I got a call from Ed the following morning he told me the power steering line repair was all done and that I really wanna rotate the tires because they look brand new. I told them they had almost 20,000 miles on them already and I still wanted the spare rotated out onto the car. When I went to pick the vehicle up the bill was $40 or so more than I expected it to be based on the quote I got the day before and I asked why so much. I was told because they rotated the spare out from underneath of the vehicle. I questioned that they knew I wanted that done to begin with and still quoted me $36 for the rotation. If you would’ve told me you were going to charge me $72 I would’ve told you to not rotate the tires because for $36 it’s not worth sitting at fire stone for an hour but for $72 And go get an ice cream and get a free tire rotation. They almost had a new customer for all of my vehicle repair needs but after this I’m not so sure that I will return. I am a retired 25+ your master technician and former repair shop owner. I am very sketchy about who I let touch my cars when I can’t fix them myself. I had high hopes for the shop especially because they’re very close to my home but now I think I’m Going to have to search for another shop. I wouldn’t say don’t go there for service because I do think they’re very competent. But nothing frustrates a shopper or a service purchaser then a bill bigger than expected at the end of the day.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/16/2020

Mr. Dermota, Sorry I was not there to discuss your bill when you picked up your vehicle yesterday. Our normal 4 tire rotation is $36. More time is involved to retrieve the spare out from under the car, rotate it and put another tire back under the car as a spare. This was the reason for the additional cost and a miss communication on our part. We would like you to return as a customer, so I will be sending you a check for $53.16 which is 10% refund of your ticket from yesterday. If I had been there yesterday I would have offered it to you at that time. If you choose not to return, please remember we stand behind the work we did yesterday for 12 months/12,000 miles. We Appreciate your Business!

Mike C.
09/12/2020 Category: Service
Mike said it was very good. He would return. The job got done and it wasn't very expensive.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/16/2020

Thank you Mike, for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service. We Appreciate your Business!

PH
Pat H.
09/11/2020 Category: Service
Pat said they were fantastic , great, really personable, good at communicating with him and good at getting the job done. He really appreciates what they did.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/15/2020

Thank you Pat for taking the time to give us such a Great Review and Recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our Service. We Appreciate Your Business!

LP
Larry P.
09/02/2020
Professional and fair.
Oil change was as expected at a reasonable price.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 09/02/2020

Thank you Larry for taking the time to give us review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear that you are still satisfied with our service. We Appreciate your Business!

John C.
08/27/2020
Clear, simple explanations with options , reasonable prices
Always liked and trusted Eddie. Always satisfied. It’s especially nice hearing “or you could do this”. Quick turnaround times.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/31/2020

Thank you John, for taking the time to give us a Great Review and Recommendation. We are please to hear that you continue to be satisfied with our service. We Appreciate your Business, Thank you!

TJ
Thomas J.
Honda Civic Sdn
08/21/2020 Category: Service
Thomas said he appreciates that they got the job done quickly. Honest with what needed to be done and the costs required
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/23/2020

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to give us a great review and recommendation. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our Service. We Appreciate your Business!

Jocelyn / Lewis W.
Chevrolet Suburban
08/19/2020
Amazing service.....as always!
Ed, Brian and Tom are always super helpful and go out of their way to provide great service. We have been going here for 16 years now and have always had amazing service.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/19/2020

Thank you Jocelyn and Lewis for your great review and recommendation. We are happy to hear that you are still satisfied with our Service. We Appreciate Your Business, Thank you!

Kurt B.
08/15/2020 Category: Service
Kurt said that he gets good service every time he goes there.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/17/2020

Kurt, We are glad to hear that you continue to be satisfied with our Service. Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and recommendation. We Appreciate your Business, Thank you!

TT
Tom / Joan T.
08/12/2020
Friendly and experienced staff
I have been doing business with Ed and staff since 1992., including all mfg warranty work and obviously more than satisfied with the service
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/12/2020

Thank you Tom, for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We are thankful that you have continued to be a good customer for 28 years. We Appreciate your Business!

Mike / Carter H.
Subaru Crosstrek
08/11/2020
The had the skills to fix our problem and gave us immediate service
They knew what we needed and they had it in stock. They were quick and even gave our car a road check to be sure it was fixed.
Ed F. from A. Arundel Auto Service Center responded on 08/12/2020

Mike, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and recommendation. We work hard to get our customers vehicles back them as soon as possible. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service. We appreciate your business!