Aero Automotive

Latest Review about 2 months ago

Mike S. on 04/18/2016
"Service done on my car"
I was able to get in fairly quickly, because I had an appointment. Also, the wait time was fairly limited, because I was only getting a tire alignment and rotation done. My car is slightly older, so I believe having the option of doing a "full diagnostic" on the car should have been given too me. All the staff members were hospitable and welcoming. I think more checks and information on my vehicle should have been conducted on my visit. Overall, I had a good experience.
Service Date: 04/07/2016
Review Created: 04/18/2016 08:52 AM
Mike S. on 11/16/2015
"Waiting in the lobby"
I always appreciate that you break down any mechanical problems you have for me! I did not like being asked to come back later once an appointment was made. I could have just waited, and this would have saved me the extra trip. I feel you business is reasonably priced for any and all repairs you do. Also, I respect that you ask the customer "would you like us to fix this now or hold off until later"? Besides that, you give the customer a list of prices for the repairs done to their vehicle. This is smart because it allows them to decide how much they want to spend and decide upon the quality.
Service Date: 11/14/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 07:54 AM
Chris W. on 08/22/2014
Spoke with Evan. He said the business provided average service to his vehicle.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 08/06/2014
Review Created: 08/22/2014
Mike S. on 08/11/2014
Mike said he had a 8:00AM appointment. When he got there, he spoke with Scott, who told him his vehicle would be ready at 9:30AM or 10:00AM. He had the appointment for about one week and he ended up waiting 4 hours in their lobby for his vehicle to be done. This business did end up giving him a rental vehicle.
Service Date: 08/08/2014
Review Created: 08/11/2014
Will M. on 07/01/2013
"Referred me to Mr. Transmission."
The onboard computer showed solenoid problems with the transmission. If the technician would have looked at the history, he should have seen a record of misfire on cylinder fire. According to another mechanic, the misfire could trigger the transmission shifting problem. There's probably no need to rebuild the transmission at all....but of course, that's what transmission shops do.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 06/08/2013
Review Created: 07/01/2013 01:55 PM
Scott H. at Aero Automotive responded on 07/08/2013
In Mr. Max's case, the error code P1870 is a manufacturer's code that is transmission specific and can be researched via GM's technical bulletin 01-07-30-023B. An engine misfire cannot cause this particular code. We understood from Mr. Max that he had the valve body replaced (GM required repair). If the problem - harsh first to second shift continues and there is debris in the transmission pan, the transmission will need to be rebuilt/ replaced. At the time we diagnosed the vehicle there were no misfire codes in the computer history, only the P1870. As we do not rebuild transmissions, we asked Mr. Transmission to check for debris in the transmission pan and recommend the proper repair to Mr. Max. There was debris in the pan and the recommendation was to rebuild the transmission. Mr. Max declined the work. Given this code, diagnosis and research we performed and the information from Mr. Transmission, we are confident that Mr. Max received a proper diagnosis and repair recommendation. If the P1870 code reoccurs, he will receive the same recommendation.
Alivia R. on 05/14/2013
Alivia said she thought the woman at the front desk was very rude and short with her. She was told her vehicle would be ready at noon, so she went over on her lunch break to pick her vehicle up. The woman at the front desk told her that the mechanic was out to lunch and she did not know when he would be back. The mechanic was very nice and helpful.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier