Aero Dr Brake Stop And Auto Repair

Latest Review about 2 years ago

AG
Anthony G.
10/24/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Anthony's wife. She said her and her husband did not have a good experience. She said they had called in advance and they got an estimate so they decided to come in. When they came in the staff did another estimate which they charged her for and the price jumped higher than what was said over the phone. She said they wanted to charge more plus additional charges which she stated she felt were not needed.
Richard C., GM from Aero Dr Brake Stop And Auto Repair responded on 10/26/2018

IM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT BUT IF ITS ANYTHING THA I CAN DOE TO MAKE IT BETTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW MY NAME IS RICHARD 858 277 2981 THANKS

EL
Eugene L.
Nissan Sentra
07/09/2018 Category: Service
Eugene said he had to go back to the business several times due to the parts that were used by the facility being of poor quality. They also tried to change the terms of his warranty.

SP
Steve P.
San Marcos, CA
06/15/2018 Category: Service
Steve said that the staff were aggressive and entrapping. He is taking his vehicle back in because its not coming to a quick stop like its supposed to. It slides into a stop because the breaks weren't done correctly, and he was coerced into buying new rotors where the business could have just trimmed the originals down.

HS
Hugo S.
Escondido, CA
06/07/2018
Very bad shop
I don’t recommend to do anything in that’s place you will throw your money go to other repair shop the people isn’t honest very bad shop

AC
Angelo C.
02/02/2018 Category: Service
Angelo said the service was just too expensive.

DEBIE R.
Kia Optima
01/12/2018
Never again
Being a woman, it's hard enough to trust an honest car shop, especially since I haven't lived here that long. Will NEVER come to this shop again since my iPhone charger disappeared right after I was there!

MI
Maria I.
11/24/2017 Category: Service
Maria said she was charged $70 for a brake inspection. The business then told her she would need to pay $600 to have her brakes replaced. She went to another business and they told her she didn't need the front brakes replaced. She had the other business do the service instead. She stated she feels they tried to take advantage of her because she was a woman.

Monica R.
Kia Rio
10/25/2017 Category: Service
Monica said her experience at this business was weird. She had a $120 coupon for a brake job that included labor and turning the rotors. She needed ceramic brakes pads and new rotors. The invoice they gave her showed the item number for the brake pads and she looked them up at Napa and saw she could get them for $30 instead of $60. She purchased them and they told her they were not full ceramic. The pads were a ceramic blend. They were the same item number on the invoice and they showed her the pads they wanted to supply and they were not even the same brand as the invoice stated. They charged her $110 for labor. They did not tell her how exactly the coupon was applied and why the charges were the way they were. She asked questions and the one guy didn't answer her questions and she would have liked the person going over the estimate to be able to answer her questions. She would not recommend them because of her experience. She stated she thought the coupon should have been honored.

EG
ELIZABETH G.
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/12/2017
Super Nice but Paid Too Much!
Rene and other gentleman were extremely nice and friendly! I stopped on a Sat to inquire and was asked to call Mon afternoon as the smog testing equipment was not available (waiting for an update). I was told the cost was around $42 but I could get $10 off. I called on Mon afternoon, Rene was not available so I was asked to call back (instead of them calling me back). Rene kindly offered to take it to another location since theirs was still not ready and said I could drop it off on my way to work the next morning. When I came in Tues morning, I was told that the person who did the smog testing at the other location was coming in late so I was asked to bring it by the next morning instead. On Weds, all worked out and when I came to pick up my car, I paid $52 (I had forgotten about the $10 off as I was in a hurry). Over the weekend I was looking at the community discount mailer and there was an ad for smog check at $22. I just do not understand why I paid $30.00 over the ad price! I feel taken advantage of, perhaps because I am a woman! So frustrated because I did like Rene, he seemed trustworthy!

Doug W.
La Jolla, CA
GMC Yukon XL
09/12/2017 Category: Service
Doug said he was given a quote but it was raised by a substantial amount.

NW
NICHOLE W.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/05/2017
Typical
Took our vehicle in for a routine brake and oil change/inspection when we got there we let them know that the brake light had come on so we wdidnt know if that ment the fluid was low or the pads needed replaced, we also told them we would like the fre oil change with the brake inspections/ repair , and provided the coupon from their website. He told us he would call us before the repaired anything to let us know the problem and the cost . Several Hours later they call and tell us that the back rotars need to be replaced and that the fluid needed to be topped off and this would be $600 i was upset because i dont know anything about cars so i asked him to explain the problem he bneat around the bush and basically said the roratrs were shot, we told him to fix it (typical car repair man taking advatage of people who know little to nothing about cars) We went to pick up the vehicle and we look at the recipt and it shows that we were charged for the oil change , when it was supoosed to come with the brake replacement , he said thats not for synthetic, again haggling with us , he explained to take it easy for the first 300 miles to let the brakes set in, my husband gets back in the car and the brake light is still on, we called back he said it just takes time for the censor to adjust to the repairs, 10 days and 300 miles later and the light is still on. I call and he asked me to bring it in and drop it off so they can inspect it again. so i do. He calls a little later and said that i never mentioned the brake light there for they never checked it !!@ Are you kidding me? That was the whole reason we brought the car in in the first place, he said i told him the brakes needed repaired but never said anything about the light.... ummmmm? At this point im really upset i tell him this is false and even if what he said was true that they drove the vehicle and turned int on and had to have seen the light, he then said , maybe it wasnt on when we were working on it because i never saw it? Ummm again are you kidding me, he basically says that its a cencor that needs to be replaced because its broken and that it would cost me another $400 !!!!! I asked him if he had even checked this in the first place and if our rotors really needed replaced and that it wasnt just the censor the whole time, i asked if he still had the old rotoars he said no. I told him not to make a single repair and that i would come get my car, when i got there he tried to charge me for a consultaion at which point i tell him no i did not agree on this nor did his shop repair the intitial problem. Only when i threatended to contact the BB did he tell me i did not have to pay the consultation cost. Conviently when i got in the car to drive away the light was off. This shop is a joke, they are scam aritists and will take advantage of you if you dont know about cars do not go here
Richard C., GM from Aero Dr Brake Stop And Auto Repair responded on 09/12/2017

IM TRULY SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU WERENT HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE PERFORMED ON YOUR CAR BUT I WELL LIKE   FOR  YOU TO KNOW DID OUR INTENTIONS IS NOT TO RIP OFF OR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANYONE, I ASUREO YOU THAT THE WORK PERFORMED ON YOUR CAR WAS TO THE HIGHIEST STANDAR PERFORMANCE .
IF YOUR VEHICLE REQUIRED ADITIONAL REPAIRS PLEASE ALLOW US TO REINSPECTED AND TO MAKE IT RIGHT FOR YOU.
OUR GOAL IS TO FIX YOUR CAR AND TO SATISFIY ALL YOUR NEEDS.
THANK YOU..............

KN
Katy N.
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/18/2017 Category: Service
Katy said she visited this business with a coupon and they would not honor it because it did not cover what she wanted them to do. She stated she felt this business is a scam operation and she will not recommend them nor return herself.

LP
LAURA P.
06/09/2017
Why did they break my door handle?
I came in for an oil change advertised at 19.99....
They wanted to charge me $32.+ for service and fees. Needed other work done too, so I consented to have that done to get it over with. Was not happy that they broke the inside door handle on driver's side. It would get stuck sometimes, but it wasn't broken until after they worked on my car. No one apologized for that. I used to like this place. I used to recommend it.

NL
Neda L.
Nissan Sentra
05/22/2017 Category: Service
Neda said she was not satisfied with her experience because of the customer service and the way she was treated. They told her the engine fan was not working properly and she asked them if it was safe for her to drive and they told her it was. After leaving the facility she had to stop and opened the hood and the antifreeze was overflowing and the vehicle was smoking. The police passed by and called the facility for her. Someone told her they would be there in 7 minutes and it took 40 minutes for someone to show up. The person who arrived put in antifreeze. She asked if they test drove the vehicle after it was serviced and he said they had not. Her cousin spoke with Richard, the manager and told him they should have told her that the fan was not working at all and it was not safe to drive. The vehicle could have blown a gasket. The manager said he would check the hoses for him and he wasn't doing it for her.

GM
Gustavo M.
11/16/2016 Category: Service
Gustavo said the customer service at this business is good but they charge too much. The price of labor and parts are too expensive. This facility is under new management and he would not recommend them to others at this time.