ROBER R.
Sunland, CA
Nissan Pathfinder
04/28/2020
Not so great
Screwed my spark plug wires up, made me pay $40.00 to replace them.
Quote started out at $375.00 went up to over $1000.00.
Then had to replace the radiator the next day, tried to tell me I got a good deal for another $375.00. Taken advantage of!

MI
Matthew I.
10/22/2014 Category: Service
Matthew said this business put catalytic converters on his vehicle and it was not supposed to be there. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 11/04/2014

HELLO MATTHEW
  THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US AND HOW UNFORTUNATELY OUR SUPPLIER SENT US THE WRONG CONVERTERS 2YRS AGO FOR YOUR MUSTANG. WE ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO IMPROVE AND MAKE OUR CUSTOMERS EXPERIENCE TO BE A HAPPY ONE. IM GLAD WE WERE ABLE TO REPLACE THEM FOR YOU AT NO CHARGE BUT WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THAT THIS PUT ON YOU.

THANKS AGAIN
ANDREW ZEPEDA

KATHRIN S.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport
09/13/2014
Big disappointment!
Very very disappointed. I chose the repair shop based on a positive rating by AAA. I went in because my vehicle was overheating. I had recently had major work done on the air conditioning unit (as in a new unit, done elsewhere). I clearly explained in detail the work I had recently done, plus the subsequent work done in attempts to correct the overheating. I was told that components within the air-conditioning unit were "coming apart", causing internal damage. I was also told that the internal pressure was very high due to the amount of metal loose in the system. I was then quoted $1600 to…replace the air-conditioning unit. Considering I had just replaced the air-conditioning unit, I was surprised at that "diagnosis" I wisely declined that service. In addition to that, I was advised that the fan clutch was shot and needed replacing ($400). I went ahead and did have them replace the fan clutch but took my vehicle back to the original shop that did the AC work. On a very through evaluation my AC is perfectly fine, not "coming apart". I am shocked to think this shop tried to sell me on a $1600 AC repair/replacement that was unnecessary. So, no I won't be back and I won't be referring anyone there either.

Maryam G.
La Canada Flintridge, CA
Acura RL
11/30/2016 Category: Service
Maryam said she took her vehicle to this business and they charged her $50 to diagnose the problem. She was told she was having a problem with her starter and the service would cost $2,000. She stated she took it to another facility and they told her it was just the battery. They changed it out for her and her vehicle is running fine. She would not recommend this business for service.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 12/01/2016

Mrs. Maryam I'm sorry you feel this way just to clearify the cost to replace the starter in your vehicle is not $2000 is only around $400 with a good quality part that is the estimate we gave you and we did tell you the starter had high resistance we never recomended the starter. I'm sorry you feel this way.

Mike B.
Sunland, CA
Chevrolet Suburban
01/21/2016 Category: Service
Mike said this business took 4 hours to complete a computerized alignment which should have took 1 hour. He had one of his kids with him. They were not able to figure out why the vehicle was still pulling. The person working on his vehicle blamed it on the tires, but it was a revealed pull. He requested someone from this business contact him because he has a lifetime alignment with this business and does not feel comfortable having them work on his vehicle after this experience.

AA
Alex A.
San Fernando, CA
Chevrolet Aveo
10/07/2015 Category: Service
Alex said this business was too expensive.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 10/08/2015

Hello Alex A, I'm sorry you feel this way l could appreciate your concern about controlling auto service costs, believe me I know every dollar is important. I want you to know that my pricing is calculated to only cover my costs and allow me a fair profit, and to pass on to my customers a 3yr 36k mile nation wide warranty, nothing more. Along with being a AAA certified shop it only allows us to use OEM or better parts so yes we are not the cheapest in town but im confident that after we perform a repair or service we are sending our customers off knowing it was done right the first time. I do appreciate your comments and allowing us to repair you vehicles concern. Thank you.

Juan

Rocky W.
La Crescenta, CA
05/29/2015 Category: Service
Rocky said this business has high prices. He had a door handle fixed on his vehicle and they ordered the wrong one. He had to wait around until the new one came in. He had a rattle in the front end of his vehicle and they replaced an axle. He is still hearing the rattle. He had told them what was wrong with his vehicle and they still charged him $50 for an inspection fee. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 06/03/2015

HELLO ROCKY,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEED BACK. IM A LITTLE CONFUSED ABOUT THIS BECAUSE AS I LOOKED INTO THIS MATTER AND CHECKED THE PAPERWORK I WAS REMINDED THAT YOU BROUGHT US THE PART AND IT WAS WRONG. WE OFFERED TO GET IT FOR YOU BUT THE HANDLE WAS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL THE NEXT DAY WHICH YOU WERE OK WITH. AS FAR AS THE RATTLE NOISE WE DID NOT PERFORM ANY INSPECTION FOR THIS OR CHARGE FOR ANY INSPECTION DURING YOUR LAST VISIT OR WHEN WE REPLACED THE WORN OUT AXLES A FEW MONTHS BEFORE. WE ARE SORRY THAT YOU FEEL THIS WAY BUT KNOW THAT WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO IMPROVE OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR FEED BACK.

ANDREW

EL
Eloy L.
California
02/24/2015 Category: Service
Eloy said he originally took his vehicle in because there was an issue with the spark plug. The business quoted him a price of $25 and he left $300 with them in case there was extra work needed. Once the hood was open, the price automatically went up to $300. When he picked up the vehicle, it was running rough so he took it back. They communicated the vehicle needed a spark plug wire which would be $180. He went to another business to purchase the wire but they installed it. The business initially stated the work would be guaranteed but he received a call after the work was completed that the manager would not guarantee the work. The business scheduled an appointment for him to bring the vehicle back in on the Saturday after the initial repair but later called to cancel. Therefore, he took the vehicle to another business and had it serviced. He would not recommend the business and would not go back because of what has already been shared. They were nice to his face to get him captive but once under the hood of the vehicle, everything changed.

02/24/2015 Category: Service
Eloy said the business gave him an estimate on a vehicle for up to $200 but it ended up being $300. They overcharged him and charged him for a part which was an additional $85. He went under the hood of the vehicle and found pieces misplaced. The business called him and told him that their work was guaranteed but told him they will not carry a warranty on it. He ended up repairing the part the business should have done and they did not stick to their quote. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 03/03/2015

Hello Eloy,
   Thank you for taking the time to talk to me on the phone and clearing up any misunderstanding. Like I mentioned we strive to maintain our top rating in the local shop market so again thanks for your input.

Andrew

Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 03/31/2015

I think this person has us comfuse when we call on March 3, 2015 he was really happy with us he came in a weak prior and we installed one ignition coil for him free of charge and he told us how good we were and that he was going to comeback to let us do all the maintenace for his vehicle.

CD
Chase D.
CA
10/11/2014 Category: Service
Chase said the business gave a bunch of different quotes for a variety of different things. When he decided what repairs he wanted the business to do, they ended up repairing something else which was also more expensive. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 11/04/2014

HELLO CHASE,
  THANK FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LETTING US KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. AS WE STRIVE TO CONTINUE TO BE THE BEST SHOP IN TOWN WE ALWAYS LOOK FOR WAYS TO IMPROVE OUR CUSTOMERS EXPERIENCE. IM SORRY THAT YOU FEEL THAT THINGS WERE NOT EXPLAINED TO YOU CORRECTLY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL IF YOU EVER HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. ALSO DONT FORGET THAT THE REPAIRS YOU LET US TAKE CARE FOR YOU HAVE OUR 3YR 36K MILE NATIONWIDE WARRANTY. THANKS AGAIN CHASE.

ANDREW ZEPEDA

SD
Serina D.
Temple City, CA
Chevrolet Volt
01/22/2019 Category: Service
Serina said the business had a long wait time.

AT
Adrian T.
Los Angeles, CA
Honda Civic Coupe
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Adrian said he wasn't sure about some of the pricing of the items. The prices seemed off and the job seemed more expensive than it should've been. He stated he felt like he was double dipped on the service as well.

IS
Ihsan S.
Glendale, CA
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Ihsan said the service and staff at this business were great.
Juan F. G. from Allstate Auto Repair responded on 11/08/2018

Hi Ihsan, thank you for your review and recommendation. We will like to make that 3 star review into a 5 star review please give us the opportunity to serve you again.

La Crescenta, CA
08/20/2018
engine light blinking
Brought in my car because engine light is on and right off the bat I am told its going to cost $150.00 to plug in the electronic device to tell me whats the matter with the car. I go to many mechanics and no one has ever charged me an inspection fee. that was crazy and the car was over 1900.00 and the 150.00 wasn't deducted from the 1900.00. Another thing I had to come in twice take time off work because they couldn't get it right the first time.

KL
Kyle L.
Yucaipa, CA
Volkswagen Touareg
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Kyle said the staff told him one thing but he got something else.

AH
Andre H.
La Canada Flintridge, CA
Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
06/14/2017 Category: Service
Andre said the business completed the service, but the vehicle needs to returned for corrections.