Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5rating 2.6rating 2.6rating 2.6

Hugo, MN
Buick LeSabre
11/19/2014
So I guess
A three year warranty makes a part cost more than three times what your competitors does then? It's a fairly uncommon fail on a part that usually doesn't need to be changed. The part I got was new with a warranty as well. I did my research on the part, the work and the shop that I let do the repair. I also found your reviews on Yelp and Google, not very good. And the second quote for the repair was not to include running my check engine codes. Your diagnostic computer was unable to read my vehicle according to Trisha, which I almost question whether it happened or not. When I originally spoke with Greg, he said they never had a chance to try and read the codes. Anyways. I get your attempt at damage control, and as far as your customer service goes I give you a upgrade to two stars. But due to the, for lack of a better term, "sheisty" front desk practices I would not return nor recommend your shop to anyone whose friendship or opinion I value. My advice is, in a Information Age when people have smart phones, don't gouge you clientele for 4-5x the most expensive part you can find on a simple google search. Good luck out there.

11/19/2014
Oh boy
My 95 Buick LeSabre needed a harmonic balancer. The lady behind the desk told me we can get it done for between 4-550 bucks. I asked how much they were charging me for the part, 300$. Wow. I show her the page on my smart phone where I found the same part, specific to my car, brand new with warranty for 49-65$.... I declined to have the work done, but opted to have them run a diagnostic as my check engine light was on. After being quoted at 103$ by the mechanic for that work, she tried to tell me 120$. I let her know what I had been told and she changed her tune. I left my vehicle there at around noon. I was told I would be called before 4 with the results of the diagnostic, as I needed the vehicle to get back home from work around 4:30-5. I called them at 3:50 to see how things were coming along, at which time I was told they hadn't even gotten it in the garage yet. By this time I found another shop who would do the harmonic balancer and run the codes for me for 200$. I jumped on it. When I paid cash, he told me 180$ was fine. Call AA auto repair, just up 61. They put AM/PM to shame, unless you LIKE the idea of spending 2x what you should that is.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/20/2014

Spoke with Clark, thanked him for bringing this matter to our attention. We had unfortunately over booked for that day. Also the original quote he got was for a 3yr or 36,000 mile nationwide warranty on both parts and the labor on the harmonic balancer and that also included the diagnostics for the check engine light. Also included is our 1yr roadside assistance which does not have to be related to the repair. But to be able to provide that we have to use a better quality part. The second quote was for a 1yr or 12,000 mile warranty part and labor, no road side assistance and no nation wide warranty. Again Clark thank you for speaking with us and we appreciate you taking the time to talk with us about your experience so we can make improvements.

Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/21/2014

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We value your opinion and we will be making changes do to this unfortunate incident.

Ryan M.
02/26/2014 Category: Service
Ryan said the business offered $20 off of his next service appointment.

02/26/2014 Category: Service
Ryan said he had to wait two hours to be seen, even though he had an appointment.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 03/03/2014

We contacted Ryan and gave our sincerest apologize for the long wait.  We also thanked him for his patience with us.  The oil that was needed for his vehicle, (which we normally have in stock,) was out.  The unfortunately long wait was do to the our supplier having to rush out more.  We also addressed with our supplier that we should not have run out in the first place and when one of our guests is waiting there delivery needs to be much faster.  Ryan again we thank you for coming, and look forward to serving you better in the future.

SO
Steve O.
Buick Roadmaster
01/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Elise. She said she took her vehicle in to this business because the transmission was not working. They said the transmission was failing and going to cost $2,600 to repair. She did not like that they charged her $105 to diagnose what she already knew. She said they seemed dishonest.

01/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Elise. She said they did not do anything she asked them do. She would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 01/27/2014

Spoke with Elise, and apologized for any inconvenience that this may have caused.  We had diagnosed that her transmission and found that it had an internal failure and needed to be replaced or sent out to be rebuilt.  After we found out about the Transmission issue we were not sure if she was even interested in diagnosing the other issues of the vehicle.  Be for we could diagnose other problems she was here to pick it up.  Offered for her to come in and have other issue check at no charge.

Richard H.
Cadillac Brougham
01/22/2014 Category: Service
Richard said they have instituted measures to prevent returning vehicles without gas or windshield washer fluid. He added the mechanic was adequate for his vehicle.

01/22/2014 Category: Service
Richard said they made it so he could pick his vehicle up on Saturday, pay the bill, and drive home. The bill was more than the last quote they gave him. He said when he drove his vehicle he noticed that there was no gas in it and it was out of windshield wiper fluid.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 01/27/2014

Contacted Richard and thanked him for bringing these issues to our attention.  If he had not, we never would have known.  We addressed the issues about pricing with our service advisers to be sure that out guests are always kept informed on price and work being done, also addressed issue with the windshield washer fluid with our technicians that this is a simple issue that should not have been missed.  Also apologized to Richard about the fuel that we had added 3-4 gallons of gas four different times to try and make it till he was able to pick up the vehicle and only charged him for the first four gallons that we put in.

AF
Annie F.
Mazda 6
08/28/2013 Category: Service
Annie said she received a call from the manager at the business and she explained to him what happened and how she felt. They did not do anything however, everything is okay now. Based upon the previous experience she still would not recommend this business.

08/28/2013 Category: Service
Annie said the service was awful. The oil change took two and a half hours. She stated she was charged for an inspection she did not ask for and had to pay for. She made it clear what she wanted and they did not do it. She would not recommend them due to this experience.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 10/03/2013

We contacted Annie, and explained that the "inspection" was time to open her hood that was stuck closed.  She had attempted to have her oil changed at other places and they could not get it open.  We succeeded by removing part of the front end and lubricating the latch, then reassembling, and provided her a loaner car for free during the repair.  Thanks again Annie!

JOSH K.
07/10/2019
Accommodating, honest, and friendly
Everybody there was friendly and professional. They were honest and not pushy about service. Just moved into the area and I'm glad to have found my new go to mechanic.

LG
Lee G.
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Lee said that the service was good and that he appreciates the work done at this facility.

Tami S.
Chrysler 300
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Tami said some of the things that she asked the staff here to check, she came back with results that were wrong. She stated she had some trim on her door that wasn't attached correctly, and they told her it was a hinge or something on the driver's side door. She added she was told she needed new tires, but she just got some two years ago.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 07/02/2019

We are very sorry that we fell short of your expectations Tami.  At AM PM Automotive we take it personally when we don't meet our customers expectations and we would enjoy the opportunity to make things right. As per the phone call we just shared, please feel free to come back in for an estimate on the trim that is rubbing. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve and we look forward to seeing you soon.

SR
Sharon R.
Volkswagen Passat
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Sharon said the mechanic took extra time to explain everything to her.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 07/01/2019

Thank you very much, Sharon. Feel free to call us with any questions.

KK
KEITH K.
Chrysler Town & Country SWB
06/22/2019
Everything. Top notch Auto Repair Shop.
We are very pleased with the way A M Auto Tacks care of our Van And repairs right the first time. Thank you.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/25/2019

Thanks Keith!  We appreciate your kind words and the top notch 5-star review.  Please let us know if you need anything at all.

JANELLE H.
06/20/2019
Never disappointed
My family and I have been bringing our vehicles for years. Every time we are super pleased with the work done. If at anytime we have had a question regarding the service and worked done after we pick up our vehicle AM - PM Automotive have been more than happy to explain or check our vehicles again.
The staff is very friendly and honest. We love that this is a faith based business and They stand by their work 100%. I will forever bring my vehicles here and stress to our children once they are out on their own to continue to bring their vehicles here as well.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/20/2019

Thank you Janelle and Daniel for this very touching 5 star review. We are very proud of our faith and receive great happiness when we can help our customers in any way. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you !

DE
Dwight E.
Buick LaCrosse
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Dwight said the business treated him right.

AD
Anthony D.
06/07/2019
2 appointments, and still not fixed.
Brought truck I'm for repairs to fix noise while turning and going over bumps. Same issue as in October. Issue was not repaired, noise still exists, and on the recommendations, the issue is listed as something that should be fixed. So I bring it in for an issue, it doesn't get fixed and then y'all tell me I should get it fixed. That's what I was trying to do.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/13/2019

We are sorry for the frustrations you are having with us and your vehicle Anthony. We did repair the wheel hub assembly on this last visit since it was a critical safety concern with the amount of play it had. We recognize that there is a noise coming from the steering in your truck. We would encourage you to bring the truck back for us to take a look at your intermediate steering shaft.  Please let us know when you can bring it in at your earliest convienence.

SR
STEVEN R.
Mitsubishi Endeavor
06/07/2019
Another very good job
I particularly like the thoroughness of the work performed. The experience and dedication to quality of the service team here is evident and appreciated.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/13/2019

Thank you, Steven for the kind words and taking the time to complete the survey.  Feel free to contact us at anytime with any questions or concerns.  Thank you again!

ED
Evon D.
Shoreview, MN
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Evon said they did a very good job.

Thank you, Evon!

donald g.
Buick Regal
05/30/2019
Excellent service. Second to none. Absolutely the best.
If you are looking for an excellent place to have any repair done on your vehicle this is definitely it. Friendly, professional but more than that they talk to you like a person and walk you through everything. I had a ton of questions and they answered each and every one of them and they made feel great about the service they were going to and did perform on my car. I am extremely pleased and will always be a longtime customer. Price you say? Well, every vehicle is different whether if it is used or new. Some need a little more TLC than others but for me, if I had know about AM / PM a few years ago, I know I would have saved myself a ton of headaches and probably a lot of money. Hindsight is 20 / 20 right? Look, if your looking for the (I hate to use the cliché) "Walmart's" of the auto repair world your going to get just that, but if you want your vehicle repaired by a great group of professionals who really do care not only about the repair itself but care about the customer experience, than these fine people are the ones I recommend. Hands down.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/30/2019

Wow! On behalf of all of AM PM Automotive, we are pleased and delighted that you have had such a wonderful experience with us.  Thank you very much for taking the time to write this 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

RICKI R.
Lakeland, MN
05/27/2019
Oil change and check-up
I have begun the process to stop payment on my charge account and request a meeting with Greg, Sr to discuss this matter.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/30/2019

We are so sorry about your recent experience with your radiator replacement here at AM PM Automotive.  We know we have spoken to you in regards to this, but please feel free to contact out office at anytime if you have more questions or concerns. We hope to see you and your vehicle in the future.

Dan G.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
05/23/2019 Category: Service
Dan said they were good. Gregor did an amazing job for him. He really appreciates their honest approach in repairing his vehicle.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/28/2019

Thank you, Dan for the 5-Star review. Hard work and honesty is how we do things at AM PM automotive.  Please feel free to contact the office at 651-426-0492 at any time.
AM PM Automotive

AE
Alicha E.
Minneapolis, MN
Kia Soul
05/16/2019 Category: Service
Alicha said her experience was good. The front desk lady very patient and understanding and gave her a quote.

LP
Leon P.
05/14/2019 Category: Service
Leon said the staff did what was needed to have done, they paid attention to detail and they are efficient.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/16/2019

Thank you Leon for the 5-Star review! We are happy when our guests are happy. Please feel free to call or stop by the office any time.
Thanks!