Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5
Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

Mr./Ms. C.
Hugo, MN
Buick LeSabre
11/19/2014
So I guess
A three year warranty makes a part cost more than three times what your competitors does then? It's a fairly uncommon fail on a part that usually doesn't need to be changed. The part I got was new with a warranty as well. I did my research on the part, the work and the shop that I let do the repair. I also found your reviews on Yelp and Google, not very good. And the second quote for the repair was not to include running my check engine codes. Your diagnostic computer was unable to read my vehicle according to Trisha, which I almost question whether it happened or not. When I originally spoke with Greg, he said they never had a chance to try and read the codes. Anyways. I get your attempt at damage control, and as far as your customer service goes I give you a upgrade to two stars. But due to the, for lack of a better term, "sheisty" front desk practices I would not return nor recommend your shop to anyone whose friendship or opinion I value. My advice is, in a Information Age when people have smart phones, don't gouge you clientele for 4-5x the most expensive part you can find on a simple google search. Good luck out there.

11/19/2014
Oh boy
My 95 Buick LeSabre needed a harmonic balancer. The lady behind the desk told me we can get it done for between 4-550 bucks. I asked how much they were charging me for the part, 300$. Wow. I show her the page on my smart phone where I found the same part, specific to my car, brand new with warranty for 49-65$.... I declined to have the work done, but opted to have them run a diagnostic as my check engine light was on. After being quoted at 103$ by the mechanic for that work, she tried to tell me 120$. I let her know what I had been told and she changed her tune. I left my vehicle there at around noon. I was told I would be called before 4 with the results of the diagnostic, as I needed the vehicle to get back home from work around 4:30-5. I called them at 3:50 to see how things were coming along, at which time I was told they hadn't even gotten it in the garage yet. By this time I found another shop who would do the harmonic balancer and run the codes for me for 200$. I jumped on it. When I paid cash, he told me 180$ was fine. Call AA auto repair, just up 61. They put AM/PM to shame, unless you LIKE the idea of spending 2x what you should that is.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/20/2014

Spoke with Clark, thanked him for bringing this matter to our attention. We had unfortunately over booked for that day. Also the original quote he got was for a 3yr or 36,000 mile nationwide warranty on both parts and the labor on the harmonic balancer and that also included the diagnostics for the check engine light. Also included is our 1yr roadside assistance which does not have to be related to the repair. But to be able to provide that we have to use a better quality part. The second quote was for a 1yr or 12,000 mile warranty part and labor, no road side assistance and no nation wide warranty. Again Clark thank you for speaking with us and we appreciate you taking the time to talk with us about your experience so we can make improvements.

Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/21/2014

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We value your opinion and we will be making changes do to this unfortunate incident.

Ryan M.
02/26/2014 Category: Service
Ryan said the business offered $20 off of his next service appointment.

02/26/2014 Category: Service
Ryan said he had to wait two hours to be seen, even though he had an appointment.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 03/03/2014

We contacted Ryan and gave our sincerest apologize for the long wait.  We also thanked him for his patience with us.  The oil that was needed for his vehicle, (which we normally have in stock,) was out.  The unfortunately long wait was do to the our supplier having to rush out more.  We also addressed with our supplier that we should not have run out in the first place and when one of our guests is waiting there delivery needs to be much faster.  Ryan again we thank you for coming, and look forward to serving you better in the future.

SO
Steve O.
Buick Roadmaster
01/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Elise. She said she took her vehicle in to this business because the transmission was not working. They said the transmission was failing and going to cost $2,600 to repair. She did not like that they charged her $105 to diagnose what she already knew. She said they seemed dishonest.

01/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Elise. She said they did not do anything she asked them do. She would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 01/27/2014

Spoke with Elise, and apologized for any inconvenience that this may have caused.  We had diagnosed that her transmission and found that it had an internal failure and needed to be replaced or sent out to be rebuilt.  After we found out about the Transmission issue we were not sure if she was even interested in diagnosing the other issues of the vehicle.  Be for we could diagnose other problems she was here to pick it up.  Offered for her to come in and have other issue check at no charge.

Richard H.
Cadillac Brougham
01/22/2014 Category: Service
Richard said they have instituted measures to prevent returning vehicles without gas or windshield washer fluid. He added the mechanic was adequate for his vehicle.

01/22/2014 Category: Service
Richard said they made it so he could pick his vehicle up on Saturday, pay the bill, and drive home. The bill was more than the last quote they gave him. He said when he drove his vehicle he noticed that there was no gas in it and it was out of windshield wiper fluid.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 01/27/2014

Contacted Richard and thanked him for bringing these issues to our attention.  If he had not, we never would have known.  We addressed the issues about pricing with our service advisers to be sure that out guests are always kept informed on price and work being done, also addressed issue with the windshield washer fluid with our technicians that this is a simple issue that should not have been missed.  Also apologized to Richard about the fuel that we had added 3-4 gallons of gas four different times to try and make it till he was able to pick up the vehicle and only charged him for the first four gallons that we put in.

AF
Annie F.
Mazda 6
08/28/2013 Category: Service
Annie said she received a call from the manager at the business and she explained to him what happened and how she felt. They did not do anything however, everything is okay now. Based upon the previous experience she still would not recommend this business.

08/28/2013 Category: Service
Annie said the service was awful. The oil change took two and a half hours. She stated she was charged for an inspection she did not ask for and had to pay for. She made it clear what she wanted and they did not do it. She would not recommend them due to this experience.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 10/03/2013

We contacted Annie, and explained that the "inspection" was time to open her hood that was stuck closed.  She had attempted to have her oil changed at other places and they could not get it open.  We succeeded by removing part of the front end and lubricating the latch, then reassembling, and provided her a loaner car for free during the repair.  Thanks again Annie!

JONATHAN W.
Dellwood, MN
08/14/2020
Kind and knowledgable
I've been taking my vehicles here for many years. they have never done me wrong

Mike B.
Acura Integra
08/13/2020 Category: Service
Mike said the business had good communication, was honest, and gave him choices.

NV
NORENE V.
Saint Paul, MN
Pontiac Vibe
07/24/2020
I ALWAYS LEAVE WITH A SMILE OF SATISFACTION
Again Am-Pm Automotive Repair has taken care of me. Welcoming, courteous and professional, they took care of me in a timely manner. Always make me aware of potential items regarding my car that i should be watching to avoid future problems. You did it again, thank you so much.

Donald G.
Buick Regal
07/20/2020
AM-PM Automotive - Simply the best
Once again the wonderful people at AM-PM have done it again. Top quality service and a friendly staff all the way. For me, personally, what I find the best about going here is the level of trust, the communication , that feeling you get about knowing your vehicle is in good hands no matter what the situation is. This last visit was an expensive one to say the least, but I take responsibility for some of the work that needed to be done. With that said, I am so grateful that these guys were able to not only take care of the problems with my car but also spent the time explaining each step of the process and easing the bit of stress I had about all of it. Top notch, friendly and accountable. These guys are the best.

Tony M.
07/17/2020
Great service, care about you and the vehicle
This mechanic shop is the best I have ever been to. Consistent great service, no games, full work on your car every time so no surprises, and education to the customer about everything.

EW
ED W.
Forest Lake, MN
07/16/2020
Honest work
I went to a lot of garages. But when I went to am pm I found the place to get my cars maintained and repaired. They do a good job for a honest price.

MA
micheal a.
Dellwood, MN
07/15/2020
Highly recommend!!
Quick and efficient. Super honest about the work I needed and worked within the parameters for budget u gave them. When more extensive work needed to be done beyond my budget they took time to talk me through the why.

Mike S.
Saint Paul, MN
Chrysler PT Cruiser
07/10/2020 Category: Service
Mike said they were up-front, they had clarity, and he got a good inspection report.

FW
FRANK W.
Shoreview, MN
07/08/2020
Good Job
Found problem & fixed it quickly--well done--time & cost efficient.

DOUG L.
07/03/2020
Repair on a budget
I have an older van that was in a minor accident. Greg and his son Gregor walked me through my options. While the decision was mine to make, they helped me get my vehicle fixed without doing unnecessary repairs.
Honesty, integrity and value. This is the best place to get your car worked on!