Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5
Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

CLIFF W.
Cadillac DTS
11/23/2019
Repair Estimate
I had a repair estimate done on my 2010 Cadillac. I was concerned about a noise coming from the front of the car when I was turning or just starting to move.

I was given an estimate of over $4500 for a leaking radiator, heavy oil leak from valve covers, replaced of the rear shocks and control arms. It was stated that one of my tires was bald and another was badly worn.

I started to question the estimate based on the tire issues. None of the tires were bald and they are relatively new with just 15,000 miles. The tires are about 1 year old.

I took the car to a local repair shop that I had done business with before. Their findings were the radiator did not leak under pressure, the suspension, wheel bearings and control arms were good. They did see a minor oil leak from the valve covers that was typical for a car with 110,000 miles on it. They recommended a can of Stop Leak versus a $1200 repair.

So, I really have questions about a $4500 estimate for one thing, but it was obvious to me just looking at the tires that none of them were bald or badly worn.

I know I will not be taking my car back to AM-PM as they have losses my trust. I had large repair bill last year for a water pump and suspension hose. Now I wonder if they repair bills was valid or even needed.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/26/2019

We are sorry that you had a negative experience at AM PM Automotive Repair when you brought your vehicle in on November 19, 2019. That was not our intention and we hope we can work on making this situation right.

You had brought your vehicle in for heavy clunking noise in the front after parking, first turning and backing up.  We did find that both your control arms were shifting significantly, which hadn't improved from July 2018 when we first noticed the issue. As per our custom, we facilitated a full visual inspection of your vehicle to inform you what is going on with your vehicle so you can make an educated repair decision that works best for you.
  We did report that the radiator had leaks that were just starting at both lower corners, and your right front inner tie rod end had minor play. The previous time you brought your vehicle in on July 2018, we reported the valve cover gaskets were leaking heavily and your left front wheel bearing had play. Both of which had not improved.
  We provided estimates for replacing both front control arms, the radiator and coolant flush, both inner and outer tie rods on the right front, alignment, left wheel bearing and a tune-up that included replacing the valve cover gaskets.

We understand that some shops might not lift a vehicle off the ground to observe any suspension issues or loose parts, this is really important in order diagnose them. We want to extend you the opportunity to bring your vehicle back, free of charge, and one of our certified, experienced technicians will take you through the recommendations with your vehicle. If you choose to have any work completed, you could use one of our complimentary loaner vehicles so you would not have to be without transportation.

Lastly, we would never recommend putting "stop leak" in a coolant system as it will clog the heater core and result in additional parts needing replacement as well. We highly encourage you to avoid this false fix. There are multiple videos on YouTube showcasing the damage.

Please feel free to contact us at 651-426-0462 at any time with any questions or to schedule the complimentary visit. We hope you give us a second chance and the oppurtunity to make things right again.

Tami S.
Chrysler 300
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Tami said some of the things that she asked the staff here to check, she came back with results that were wrong. She stated she had some trim on her door that wasn't attached correctly, and they told her it was a hinge or something on the driver's side door. She added she was told she needed new tires, but she just got some two years ago.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 07/02/2019

We are very sorry that we fell short of your expectations Tami.  At AM PM Automotive we take it personally when we don't meet our customers expectations and we would enjoy the opportunity to make things right. As per the phone call we just shared, please feel free to come back in for an estimate on the trim that is rubbing. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve and we look forward to seeing you soon.

AD
Anthony D.
06/07/2019
2 appointments, and still not fixed.
Brought truck I'm for repairs to fix noise while turning and going over bumps. Same issue as in October. Issue was not repaired, noise still exists, and on the recommendations, the issue is listed as something that should be fixed. So I bring it in for an issue, it doesn't get fixed and then y'all tell me I should get it fixed. That's what I was trying to do.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/13/2019

We are sorry for the frustrations you are having with us and your vehicle Anthony. We did repair the wheel hub assembly on this last visit since it was a critical safety concern with the amount of play it had. We recognize that there is a noise coming from the steering in your truck. We would encourage you to bring the truck back for us to take a look at your intermediate steering shaft.  Please let us know when you can bring it in at your earliest convienence.

RICKI R.
Lakeland, MN
05/27/2019
Oil change and check-up
I have begun the process to stop payment on my charge account and request a meeting with Greg, Sr to discuss this matter.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/30/2019

We are so sorry about your recent experience with your radiator replacement here at AM PM Automotive.  We know we have spoken to you in regards to this, but please feel free to contact out office at anytime if you have more questions or concerns. We hope to see you and your vehicle in the future.

Claire C.
Minnesota
01/17/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Claire's father. He said they over inflated the price of the sensor.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 01/29/2019

Claire, We apologize that we fell short of your expectations.  We appreciate this feedback as it helps us continue to strive for better customer service. Please feel free to contact the office so we may have the opportunity to make this right.
Main Office 651-426-0462
Email ampmauto11@gmail.com
Thank you for your time!

LJ
LINDSY J.
09/27/2018
Overpriced
Very quality work. Labor very very expensive. They had a loaner car which was nice however I could have taken it somewhere else and paid 400 less. Rip off. I'll get my work done elsewhere next time. Bad decision but hey they get ya and rip ya. They told me 105 per hour for labor. Bullshit. Industry standard is 90 bux an hour. Quality work but I will not be back. Rip off.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 09/28/2018

Hello Lindsy,

I’m the manager of AM PM AUTO. To say we are overpriced and ripping you off and to not compare estimates isn't really fair. Usually what we find when comparing is that other estimate is missing diagnostics, alignments and are usually using cheaper, poorer quality parts. This can be why there is a price difference, we do try and give you the best service at the best price with a full 2 year 24,000 mile nationwide warranty on the labor and the ball joints have a 5 year part warranty. Saying that we “got you and ripped you” doesn’t make any sense, we gave you the choice, and you could have said no and returned the loaner and picked up the truck. But you gave us the go to repair the truck. Or you could have brought us the estimate sheet from the other shop to compare so we could have found the price difference and then explain way & come to a resolution that is fair. We are sorry for any misunderstanding that this may have caused.

CE
Clint E.
Rogers, MN
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Clint said that while the staff was working on his vehicle, they broke the transmission cooling line and wanted to charge him $827 for fixing it. He told them they had to fix it and they fixed it by using zip ties and clamps. They got into an argument and he was told they could fix but not replace the lines for $90. He should not have to pay when they were the ones that broke them. He is in contact with a lawyer regarding this issue and will not recommend them.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 09/26/2018

Hi Clint, I’m going to stick to the facts.

1. The water pump was so bad that it had leaked coolant all over the hood, engine and engine bay.

2. No one can control rust, I spoke with Brian and Zach, both asked you to come in and see what was going on roughly 18 to 20 times and you refused.

3. No warranty company covers rust because it is something no one can predict when and how it will fail.

4. I believe Brian did not effectively communicate what had happened and what was going on

5. We did repair the rusted through transmission line and did not charge you. Yes we did use 400 psi transmission cooler hose. And yes wire ties or zip ties were used to secure the hose away from the exhaust and axle shaft.

6. Lastly your truck is a 2007 and 11 years old with over 100,000 miles on it, rust is unfortunately something that is going to happen in Minnesota.

-Gregor

Shop general manager

BY
Bobby Y.
Tomball, TX
08/11/2018 Category: Service
Bobby said the staff was rude. The technician wanted to charge him $1100 for service. The cost was $200 at another facility.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 08/21/2018

Hi Bobby,
 Im Greg the shop manager, I talked to the crew about what had happend and from what I gathered, they were not treated the best and let that unfortunately that got the better of them. And to address the price difference we had quoted you on an a/c condensor that is leaking on the left side. going off the price that is stated you most likely got an oil change and an a/c recharge.

Kathren M.
Dodge Caravan
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Kathryn said she is not knowledgeable about vehicles and felt that this business was taking advantage of her. She didn't like not being able to wait for her vehicle when told it would be completed in an hour. The staff insisted she use a loaner car and this made her uncomfortable. She added that she has spent more money at this business in the past year than the previous 14 years, total.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/27/2018

Hi Kathryn, I'm Gregor the shop manager.

I talked with Zach the service adviser so I could find out what had happened. The reason for trying to give you a loaner was due to the fact that both county road E. and Scheuneman road are both under construction. So trying to figure out when parts are going to get to us is hard and if everything goes as planned the rear shocks should only be about an hour repair, but with rust & the construction Zach was just trying to make your visit better.

To address the amount you have spent in a year, I looked back in your history. 1. visit we found the battery was leaking acid and had corroded the left front strut tower, the brake master was leaking brake fluid, there was a moldy smell when the a/c was turned on, the brake fluid power steering transmission fluids are dirty, valve covers are seeping, the tune up had not been done yet and the brake lines are a little rusty, and recommend  the timing belt and water pump due to age. We replaced the battery, repaired the strut tower, brake master with a brake flush, cleaned the a/c evap core, and an oil change. 2. visit was the timing belt, water pump , and both serpentine belts. This was done because the water pump was leaking. Visit 3. just a brake light. visit 4. we fixed the washer pumps for front and rear, and oil pan gasket because leaks. visit 5 . was the rear shock because of a leak. A lot of these repair/ maintenance is due to ware & age on a 2000 dodge caravan with a 3.0 V6. We hope that this helped you understand why you had so much extra extra expense this year. Thank you for understanding.

-Gregor

AR
April R.
Minnesota
04/06/2018 Category: Service
April said she was not happy with the service. When she picked her vehicle up, it had more issues and they charged her $113 for something that took them 5 minutes to do. When she called them back they told her she should fix the issue herself.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 04/18/2018

Hi April, im Gregor shop manager at AM PM.

I looked over your repair order & not sure why you are not happy with our service, to be clear the car was towed to us from a different shop & did have a long list of recommendations that we found & tried to talk to you about. I'm sorry that other shops have not been telling you of the other problem with you car but when Zack tried to talk to you on the phone & in person  you cut him off & told him you didn't care?.

As for the charges we charged for testing the battery that was just in stalled, & found it was bad. then installed a new battery & retested that you approved. At which point we found a list of code & several for anti theft. At this point we called you back to tell you we needed more time & was going to cost more which again you had approved. the second charge was for installing missing & burned out fuses , testing & tring to reprogramm the keys & find that it had an aftermarket autostatrt with a antitheft bypass that was malfunctioning & would not let us reprogramm the keys. When you called back one of the fuses that was reinstalled was for the radio / door adjar alarm that was blown and replaced & that was the fuse we told you about & we did offer to pull it out & gave you the loction because you did not want to come back for that. I'm sorry you miss understanding but all this is on your invoice and we didn't charge you for the fuses. the 5 minute fix you discribed was just to stop the door adjar alarm & didn't fix anything but just stopped the buzzing.

Jon B.
Stacy, MN
08/15/2017 Category: Service
Jon said the service from this business was good and accommodating but they took a little longer than he would have liked.

DAVID L.
Vadnais Heights, MN
06/22/2017
Timely repair of car
I had brake repair, the support person was not sure they could fix the car in 10 hours. They new customer support person.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/23/2017

Thank you so much David for taking my call this morning. your imput is so important to me as a freind and guest! I will talk to the team here to better serve you and others here to make sure this will not happen again.

DAN R.
BMW 335xi
05/04/2017
Very expensive transmission quote
AM-PM needs to get their act together. My 2007 BMW 350xi needed a replacement transmission because the drive shaft failed and cracked the transmission case. AP-PM quoted $14,000 and $7000 for a new or salvaged transmission. I told them immediately that they were off by an order of magnitude and found one online for $1295 in just minutes. Their front desk guy didn't really listen or discover his mistake until a week later when I had to tow the car away to a transmission shop.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/08/2017

Dan Rogers I'm very sorry for this experience. the price should have be 7000.00 for a rebuild with replacing the cracked case or 2700.00 for used.  my name is Gregor I'm the manager of AM-PM, and had no idea that the service writer was that far off & took so long to correct it .  I will get to the cause & address this immediately. No words can repair the frustration, but please know I'm Not going to ignore the problem! Thank you for bring it to our
 attention.

REGINA H.
Minneapolis, MN
Pontiac Montana
08/17/2016
Keep having to refix what was fixed
Have to go back because they forgot ton align the steeringwheel as part of the alignment.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 08/19/2016

thank you for bring this to our attention , and we will be happy to take care of your needs to resovle any issues

Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 08/19/2016

looking at the estimate we gave you it was 650.00 worst case.
so i am sorry that was not very clear to you at the time you where told the price . and thank you for takeing the time to help us make it more clear at point of conntact.

CR
Charles R.
Vadnais Heights, MN
Pontiac Grand Am
08/17/2016 Category: Service
Charles said the business was going to charge $850 for service but he went to another facility and they charged him $400.