Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5

MK
Mary K.
Drexel Hill, PA
02/18/2021
Car inspection
I have had good experiences with Aston Service. However, during this inspection my car was damaged by the mechanic who broke off the cable to the hood release and was told, "Oh well it is old." I open the hood to check the oil that morning before I brought it in to Aston Service Center, and the cable was not broken nor did it break when I opened the hood to check the oil. Your mechanic did not know how to open the hood and instead of getting me or asking how to open the hood, he went ahead and snapped off the leaver to the cable hood release. Needless to say this is not acceptable. Also, my car may be on it last run but it is not running as well as before I brought it in. I am contemplating liability for this damage as I was told you need a new cable release and and and hood latch, which was damaged by your mechanic.
JN
Julie N. from Aston Service Center responded on 02/22/2021

Mary,

I tried to reach you over the weekend to discuss your concerns but have not heard back.  We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.  As you know, we've been working on your vehicle for many years and have always done our best to take good care of it.  It was our understanding that, given the amount of work required this year to pass inspection, your plan was not to invest more in the vehicle but to look into replacing it.  If that is not the case and you've decided to move forward with the repairs, we'd be happy to take care of the hood release as well.  Please let us know what you decide.  We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Julie Narkin