4.6

Overall Rating 4.300001/5Overall Rating 4.300001/5Overall Rating 4.300001/5Overall Rating 4.300001/5rating 4.300001
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

Continue reading recommended reviews

Danielle P.
Mount Olive, IL
11/03/2019
Terrible
Where to begin. I cannot believe how the service department is allowed to treat people and especially if you are a woman. I was in the shop on Friday and they had me in tears. I will never understand how these men can feel good themselves about making a woman cry. I was treated like an idiot and they complained about a few phone calls that I had made to them about questions regarding my vehicle . This particular person saw how upset I was and continued to make me feel incompetent. And to top it off when I was driving off I looked in my rearview mirror and saw two of the men giving each other a thumbs up. I was in disbelief and was to upset at this point to confront it. I will be contacting the general manager

PK
Paul K.
Mount Vernon, IL
2019 Hyundai Veloster N
09/14/2019 Category: Service
Not the quality I was expecting....
Salesman was very good at selling, relationship stops there. No help to get an adhesion issue corrected... I guess this is to be expected with a large dealership. I will take my business back to our local dealerships for all future purchases.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 09/15/2019

Paul,

I am sorry that the experance was not good, Please feel free to contact my DBC Leanne at 618-641-0001 and we can see if we can correct the Issues

Michael M.
Belleville, IL
07/28/2019 Category: Service
It’s just a dealership
Service staff are the best part of the experience here. Not impressed with the brand at all over the last 5 years. Multiple recalls, no Saturday hours for service have meant having to take lots of time off work. We are looking elsewhere to buy a new vehicle.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 07/29/2019

Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review,  We appreciate your business and your feedback. I do understand the complaint about recalls, If you ever have questions, please feel free to reach out to us via the number below, we look forward to seeing you at your next service visit

Cristina C.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
07/21/2019 Category: Service
My Survey
It was ok, I dislike surveys
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

Cristina,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review,  We appreciate your business and your feedback.  If you ever have questions, please feel free to reach out to us via the number below, we look forward to seeing you at your next service visit

Bethalto, IL
05/14/2019 Category: Service
Na
Na
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 05/14/2019

Shannon,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, Please call our dealership and ask for one of our finance guys and they will try to help you with the issue on the title,
I am glad the service treatment was good and we hope to always help you in service

ES
Elmer S.
Okawville, IL
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
05/02/2019 Category: Service
service and sales, good location and building
As I already said I have bought 4 hyundais abd this is my last. I be damned if I buy a car that has a finance guy like your dealership
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 05/02/2019

Elmer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review we love to hear responds like yours. We appreciate your business and your feedback. If you ever have questions, please feel free to reach out to us via the number below, we look forward to seeing you at your next service visit.

03/15/2019 Category: Service
Review Title
Your Review
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 03/15/2019

Nick,
My name is Bill with Auffenberg Hyundai, Please allow me to say I am very sorry for the time frame and issues with waiting on the engine, We do our best to repair the vehicles in a timly matter.

KD
Kimberly D.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
02/23/2019 Category: Service
Good Oil Change, Bad Customer Service (Car Buying Process)
The service of receiving an oil change wasn't the issue; it was the environment of feeling like an incompetent female in a dealership that I didn't like. The oil change timeliness was quicker than expected. When I pulled in, I saw what looked like a service employee waiting for me to pull in. I roll my window down to tell him who I was and that I was there for an appointment. Before finishing my sentence, he cuts me off and proceeds to say something along the lines of, "I don't work back here, I guess you can just pull up there or something. I don't know." So confused, I pull up and the person that ended up servicing me comes to me and asks for my information and directs me on what to do, which is put the car in park, shut the engine off and meet him in his desk area. Before leaving to go to his desk, he makes a comment along the line of, "Don't forget to put your car in park before turning it off", as if I don't know how to operate a vehicle. Strike two at this point for me. I provide the information he needs, then go to the full waiting room.

While waiting, I decided to look at vehicles and saw one I wanted to test drive (Tuscon). After 10 minutes of looking around, no one says anything to me, not even the person ironically sitting at the Welcome Center. An employee in training comes over and finally asks to help. I tell him I am here to test drive and he tells me he's in training but would get someone to assist. Andy comes over, asks a few questions, but spoke in an extremely unenthusiastic tone. It may just be his personality, but I didn't feel like a potential client looking to buy a vehicle. I go outside while he gets the keys. He remote starts the vehicle, and once I get in, he goes over a few things in relation to minor details of the vehicle. He asked me when I planned to buy a vehicle, and I gave him an answer of about a year or so. I'm not sure if that made a difference, as I found myself asking more detailed questions about the vehicle rather than the other way around. It seemed like it was like pulling teeth to ask questions about certain specs of the car. I don't know if that was because I didn't plan on buying a vehicle soon that made things turn a little, but that was the longest and most awkward test drive I endured. We get back, he provides a business card, etc. I wait a few minutes in the waiting area while drinking coffee (probably the best part of this dealership) when I am called to pick up my keys and proceed to leave.

I bought my vehicle 5 years ago from the same dealership and the salesman was pushy and allowed me to walk off with the vehicle without the proper documentation he needed, with the intention of me providing it by the end of that week. I ended up in the hospital that week, and that Monday while still in the hospital, he calls and threatens to take the vehicle. Due to the hospitalization, I wasn't able to provide him the docs he needed, which didn't matter because he still threatened to take the car. Upon discharge, I get home and reluctantly provide the documentation he needs.

I came a few years later looking to trade in a vehicle with another salesman who was even pushier to get me into a car that was the same year, more miles, and after running my credit several times, was able to get me a loan with savings of about $40 a month. Feeling uncomfortable, I call my dad (yes, I'm that girl) and the way he was treated by that salesman was different than the way he treated me; while waiting he asked why I was calling him and that this was a great deal and it was time-sensitive. The common denominator seems to be taking advantage of women that aren't fully knowledgeable in the car buying process and can be pushed into getting whatever the salesman wants you to get (I take blame in not knowing more and know not to depend on a salesman to give me the best deal for me as opposed to his/herself). I had a sister-in-law that had a similar issue of wanting to test drive (Auffenberg Nissan), only to wait with no assistance for over 30 minutes before going to another dealership that treated her well and gave her a great deal. I'm starting to think it may be an Auffenberg issue as well, as I've seen online reviews from women with similar stories. I'd like to continue being a Hyundai customer, but will definitely not be providing Auffenberg Hyundai any future services as far as I'm concerned.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

Kim,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager here at Auffenberg Hyundai please allow me to say I am sorry for the treatment you experienced, I will look into all the concerns you spoke of and make sure they are addressed. Hope you can come back and experience and better service. Please feel free to reach out to me at the information below.

M
Masters .
01/24/2019
Diversity
Who can feel, tell, and or pick up on blatant racism in a persons communicated Denial for service twice at Auffenberg Hyundai O’Fallon Illinois then an College educated black man

Mary C.
Granite City, IL
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
12/13/2018 Category: Service
They don’t listen
My son bought a car with me as a co-signer. He is paying for the car and making service appointments. Yet, they continue to contact me. I have asked on multiple visits for him to be listed as the first contact person. I’m always told they will change it. But they continue to call me.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 12/14/2018

Mary,
I will look into these issues, But for warranty concerns if you are the owner and your son is a co-sign you will have to be listeded first because it belongs to you. Thank You

Jane M.
Saint Jacob, IL
2017 Hyundai Veloster

TR
Thomas R.
Mulberry Grove, IL
10/14/2018 Category: Service
Software update. 2015 sonata sport
Make sure engine light is not on after software update before pickup of car
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 10/16/2018

Mr.Raetz,
My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, Please accept my apologizes for the recall issue, HMA is working to fix this issue and we will do everything we can to help.

Teutopolis, IL
2015 Hyundai Genesis
08/08/2018 Category: Service
We were interested in possible new purchase at the end of our lease. Took a long time to get someone to see us.
Ok
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 08/08/2018

Hello My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai, Please allow me to say i am very sorry somene didnt get with you in sales. I will forward this on to the Sales Manager Mike. Please let me know if I can help you

PN
Paul N.
Millstadt, IL
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb

ED
Eric D.
Hamel, IL
07/21/2018
Poor ability to fasten a license plate.
I will not go back . I bought a new Hyundai .The salesman put the license plate on with a drill and stripped the threads. Had them tint the windows ,they called and said it was done and looked great .Tint was full of air bubbles and the license plate was hanging on by 0ne screw ! Came back the next day to pick it up and they had put an old rusty stripped out screw to hold the plate on ! Unbelievable ,they cant even use new hardware to put the plates on a new vehicle ! Never will I deal with them again .
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 07/23/2018

Eric,
I will refer this to the sales Manager for review. Sorry for the issuses with the tint and license plate.

Jane M.
Saint Jacob, IL
2017 Hyundai Veloster

EG
Eric G.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
05/28/2018 Category: Service
This was my last attempt to get the attention of someone who cares about this business.
Read my complaint about theft.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

Eric,
I want to thank you for taking the time to give us some feed back. We appreciate your business, I am sorry you haven't had a good experience, we do value our customer,  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via the number below.
Have a wonderful week.

NM
Nannette M.
Bethalto, IL
02/18/2018 Category: Service
Not sure- I thought customer service in the beginning- but in the end
The customer service was not as expected.
William G., Service Manager from Auffenberg Hyundai responded on 02/20/2018

Nannette,

My name is Bill and I am the service manager for Auffenberg Hyundai where the repairs were completed, I am sorry the sales experience you received, I am here at Auffenberg to help you in anyway I can. Below is my information and please contact me as needed for any Hyundai repairs

Justin A.
Mascoutah, IL
01/24/2018 Category: Service
Horrible Customer Service
Very pushy, hid details about over all cost when comparing buying vs. leasing, was told from the finance department that sales will tell you whatever just to get you into a car. When inquiring about other dealerships to receive services from (due to moving out of the area) they told me to just Google it. Hands down the worst car buying experience I've ever had.

mitchell w.
Edwardsville, IL
01/10/2018
DO NOT LEASE A VEHICLE
Do not lease a vehicle I have never felt so cheated. I turned in my leased vehicle and got a 850 bill in the mail with excess use charges. They were stating that the door on the drivers side had multiple dings in it. Where they clearly stated in the excess use the ding has to be larger then 1/2 of an inch in order to be charged. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE