Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
James N. ReScore Review on 05/25/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
James said there was just a big misunderstanding, he thought he was having to change his oil too much. They did explained things to him and he is very sorry. This facility does a great job.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 04/26/2016
Review Created: 04/28/2016

Spoke with Daniel. He said he has a problem. The business told him this is normal for his vehicle to add oil after having his oil changed. He does not think this is normal after having an oil change to have to add oil after 1,200 to 1,500 miles. The oil light comes on saying his oil is low. He will be taking his vehicle to another business to have this looked at.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 04/26/2016
Review Created: 04/28/2016
Erin D. at Autobahn Automotive responded on 05/23/2016

This is a prime example of how the internet rating agencies arent always right!  When we read this we were incredulous, because we knew full well that we did not give bad service to this gentleman.  After phoning Daniel and asking why he gave such a bad review, he realized that he had been mistaken about who Sure Critic was calling about.  He told us to please have them call him back to correct his review as he thought it was the dealer calling. LOL!  After a quick phone call to Sure Critic from Autobahn, we were told they would correct it on their end.  Alas, they lied.  It just goes to show that those internet ratings are not always what they seem.  Sure Critic gets 0 stars from Autobahn Automotive.  By the way, Daniel is still a very happy customer and will be coming back for more excellence in service.

Sarah B. on 11/22/2017
"Inspection and Oil Change"
As always, Robert is thorough and helpful. He identified a major issue with my struts, during the inspection, and was able to expedite the replacement of these parts and return the car the same day.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 11/20/2017
Review Created: 11/22/2017 06:05 AM
Kelly C. on 11/21/2017
"I will never go anywhere else!"
I was looking for a mechanic for my Volvo when we first moved here and was referred to Autobahn Automotive. Since then, I’ve had a Honda and Now a Toyota. When the Toyota was bought it came with the free oil changes for life from the dealership, well i tried that a time or two and realized I’m just a number like cattle being herded through and decided from then on, I will only be taking my vehicles to Autobahn Automotive. Always a great experience!
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 11/20/2017
Review Created: 11/21/2017 03:22 AM
Sandy A. on 11/19/2017
"Autobahn Automotive "
Very accommodating, friendly atmosphere, knowledgeable, trustworthy, I highly recommend Autobahn for all mechanical needs.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 11/17/2017
Review Created: 11/19/2017 12:47 PM
Phillip B. on 11/07/2017
Phillip said they provided excellent service and prices. The quality of work was good. They have been straightforward about the work that needs to be done and the work that does not need to be done.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 11/03/2017
Review Created: 11/07/2017
Alex C. on 10/30/2017
Alex said he trusts the mechanic at this business. It is fairly expensive, but he has a Lexus. This mechanic knows what he is doing, and he does a good job. That is why he keeps going back.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 300
Service Date: 10/11/2017
Review Created: 10/30/2017
Stan W. on 10/14/2017
"Always great service"
Robert always gives great service and excellent advice.
Vehicle: Acura RDX
Review Created: 10/14/2017 07:25 AM
Tammy S. on 10/09/2017
"Great service"
I brought my car in for a complete once over, "what needs to be done" kind of check up on a Thursday morning. It hadn't been serviced in a while, so I knew to expect many repairs. Erin greeted me with a smiling face, and I had a good feeling about the place right off the bat. I left my car with them, and after a few hours, I got a quote emailed to me with a detailed list of everything that Robert recommended, and the cost breakdown of parts and labor + tax.

It was really great to have everything listed. I looked it over, gave him a call back, and he was able to answer all my questions. As a woman, I often have reservations about being cheated by mechanics, but I felt confident that Robert was taking time to explain everything and only recommending things I really needed. The work was completed around 1:30 the next day, which seemed really fast! Robert even shot me an email an hour or two after I picked it up to ask how it was driving and sent me pictures of the parts replaced.

I will most definitely be taking my car to the folks at Autobahn in the future! Save yourself the hassle of going somewhere with subpar service, and start here where they're doing things right.
Vehicle: Scion tC
Service Date: 10/06/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017 12:58 PM
Sara T. on 10/09/2017
Sara said she likes this business a lot and she is happy with their service.
Vehicle: Volvo XC60
Service Date: 10/03/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017
Chris P. on 10/05/2017
"My first visit to Autobahn Automotive and I was positively impressed with the customer service and professional manner in which Robert conducted business."
I really appreciate the quick turn around and the use of the courtesy vehicle. You and your staff will have my future business for sure. Thanks again!
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 10/03/2017
Review Created: 10/05/2017 04:46 PM
Julie C. on 10/04/2017
"Exceptional service"
sudden car issues were handled with speed ans care
Cannot say enough about them --they're great
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 09/25/2017
Review Created: 10/04/2017 03:18 AM
Dawn V. on 09/28/2017
"Fast, quality, affordable service."
We have been going to Autobahn since we moved to Raleigh 12 years ago, and we will continue going there as long as they keep repairing cars. Prompt, courteous, and honest, you can't expect more from an auto repair shop.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 09/26/2017
Review Created: 09/28/2017 05:27 AM
Jeremy C. on 09/25/2017
Jeremy said he appreciated the experience and the service Robert provided. The nice service was accurate, and thorough with his vehicle. He liked the attention to detail that was provided.
Vehicle: Volvo V70
Service Date: 09/18/2017
Review Created: 09/25/2017
Mike C. on 09/24/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"NEver going back!"
SO, Emailed this place to get a quote and a guy Named Robert called me to discuss the work i wanted done to my 2016 lexus. I explained to him that i had aftermarket parts that i wanted to have installed. I told him that i had a down pipe, a charge pipe and a turbo muffler that were aftermarket and i wanted to get a quote. After discussing with him that this install would take approximately 3 hours to complete everything he (Robert) told me it would be $350 to do the job. I told him great and set up a time to bring the car in. He said friday morning to bring the car and parts by and he would take a look at everything to make sure this was a job he could do.
I got to the shop (AutoBahn Automotive) about 8:10am and went inside. The secretary took down all my information and took my keys to someone in the shop. While waiting in the front room i hear my car crank up and is pulled into the shop. (No word or hello or anything from the Robert i had talked to) Notice my trunk is opened and the box containing the performance parts is taken out. I sit in the waiting room thinking that if there is an issue or change with pricing or time that someone would come and speak to me. After 3 hours, Robert comes to the waiting room and says my car is ready. I look at him and say nice to meet you since this is the first time i have spoken to him in person since talking on the phone. I hand him my debit card to pay for the install which was quoted at $350 and he hands me a reciept for $500. WTF??? So i proceed to ask him what the deal is since we had agreed on $350 and he tells me he is not supposed to install performance parts that go around the emmission system (After market Downpipe from turbo has a resonator and not a catalic converter) Ok so you are not supposed to install this part...Then why the H*ll did you not stop when you saw the down pipe and come discuss the matter with me? NOT 1 WORD!!! Then he tells me he will not give me a reciept for the work since he wasn't supposed to do the work anyways. WHAT A SCAM!
So i left as he (Robert rushes off touch since they go at 11:30 sharp..)_and drove my car to the house where i open the trunk to get the stock parts out and what do i find? Everything that was taken off to get the parts i brought in to have installed are in my trunk!!! The heat shields, the brackets, the stock plastic that goes underneith..everything that was supposed to go back on the car. Since it took him till 11:30 i am assuming they figured they needed to go to lunch so not to worry about putting the parts back on the car or discussing the matter at all with me.
I thought going into this shop and reading the reviews that i had found a shop to start doing my normal service work as well as repairs etc. NO WAY IN H#LL will i recommend this place or go back. They screwed me out of $150 and treated me like sh#T. If there was an issue then by all means the owner (Robert ) should have come and talked to me. He knew i was going to be there waiting for the car to get done and could have expressed his concerns about installing parts he is not supposed to install. He knew what the parts were when he took on the job as well as he knew when he took the parts out of the box. He still installed them knowing (FROM WHAT HE SAYS) that he isn't supposed to install them. Any reputable mechanic can look at a down pipe and tell if there is a resonator or catalytic converter installed on it so he doesn't need to use that excuse. He agreed from the start to charge me $350 knowing the job would take 3 hours. Then he screws me by charging my card for $500. Worst shop i have ever been involved with. Take a $40,000 car to him and he treats it like a $500 car.
Service Date: 09/22/2017
Review Created: 09/24/2017 08:53 PM
Leah L. on 09/16/2017
"Always Reliable and Helpful"
I am someone who knows little about cars and rely on the good honest people at Autobahn to fix things and not overcharge. They have never let me down and we have been going there for a long, long time. Fair prices, quick service and craftsmanship, I appreciate that.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy Sedan
Service Date: 09/14/2017
Review Created: 09/16/2017 07:35 AM
Virginia T. on 09/13/2017
"Always Exceptional"
Robert treats our fleet of aging cars as if they were his own!
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Review Created: 09/13/2017 03:49 PM
Juan Paul G. on 09/13/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"BMW x3"
Robert and his crew total out, professional BMW mechanics. Clean, knowledgeable.
Review Created: 09/13/2017 04:16 AM
Service Date: 09/05/2017
Review Created: 09/06/2017 03:25 AM
Julie C. on 09/05/2017
"Exceptional"
Have an older Audi that just needs attention Now and then--I'll never go anywhere else
Vehicle: Audi A4