EH
ELAN H.
Honda Fit
10/10/2019
I’ll be honest
I’ve been looking for a maintenance place to rely on after 6 years of really horrible experiences with the Honda dealership. One of my best friends recommended you guys and for the most part nobody seems like a total con man.

I went for a routine oil change and ended up paying more for additional recommendations which I was prepared for and okay with. What I was concerned with was that when I drove my car the next day the emergency brake was extremely stiff and awkward to handle for the first time since I bought the car in 2012. The car kept making a rattling noise whenever I accelerated too. So I took the car back.

Al took me to see the mechanic Rudy who said that the brake seemed fine to him based on his personal preference but I am entirely sure as the owner of the car for 7 years that this brake was way tighter and required more force than normal not just for this car but a typical car in general. I also showed him the rattling noise and he did some work on it.

When he was done the rattling noise was gone but the brake was still awkward...just looser but still requiring excessive force to pull. He said that’s as good as it gets and I’d get used to it. It’s been a month and I’m not used to it.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 10/24/2019

I have been in contact with Elan. He has promised to come by & give me the opportunity to make things right! We adjusted his rear brake shoes as they were very loose. The difference in feel is very different. We will do what ever is necessary correct this issue!

KENNY M.
05/31/2019
Great Service!
They got me in at the last minute and we’re so nice about it! I’m a loyal customer for both our Toyota’s from here forward.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Thank you so much Kenny for the great review! Hope to meet you next time you're here.

Acura TSX
12/02/2018
Did what I asked, but....
The service recommendations seemed to be designed more to generate business for the service department, than what the car really needs at present. They're OK, but this is the reason I checked "no" below.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 12/11/2018

We try hard to look over each car carfully and inform our customers what the car needs now and in the future. No hard sell. I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. It's not how we do business here!

RA
ROBERT A.
Granada Hills, CA
Honda Accord
11/28/2016
Great mechanics.
Thought I was going for maintenance but was corrected at the Desk and was told that the car was due for an oil change only. Replaces equipment with Honda parts.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 11/28/2016

Thank you Robert! It's our pleasure to take good care of all our customers!

All the best

PM
PATTI M.
Los Angeles, CA
02/12/2016
They are overcharging
I generally get good service and believe they are honest about what needs to be repaired, however, this time I got a quote of "$1083.32" for replacing my front struts. I checked the RepairPal website and the Fair Price Estimate was $553 to $718. I did not order the work done and mentioned this to them when I picked up the car. I also emailed a copy of the estimate and asked them to explain why their's is hundreds of dollars more but have not received an answer. This shop participates in the RepairPal website and agrees to abide by their estimates. I had the work done at another shop for around $700. I am very disappointed at their attempt to overcharge me and will not be returning.

LILIA S.
Granada Hills, CA
Acura 3.2TL
03/10/2015
overcharge
Would not recommend as they are very expensive. charged me $100 to inform me they would charge me $750 for my front light of my Acura. Not good business!!!!
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 03/10/2015

This was a miss understanding between Lilia and my Service Advisor. We are very sorry that this happened and have spoken to Lilia on this matter!

Steve Summers   Owner  818-349-5900

KENNY M.
07/06/2020
Solid as Always
Edwin took care of me today. As always, the work was top notch and ready early!

Valencia, CA
07/01/2020
Great service, great prices.
Great service, great prices.

KAROL B.
North Hills, CA
07/01/2020
Always Excellent
Friendly , fast and efficient service.

PK
PATRICK K.
06/27/2020
they really care about their clients
The staff are throughly professional and always deliver on time and correct.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/30/2020

Thanks so much Patrick! Always our pleasure!

RICHARD S.
Lexus RX 300 Luxury SUV
06/27/2020
Ability to get an honest opinion
This particular visit was caused by a dead battery I had purchased from them about 20 months ago. Under the warranty the battery was replaced in a few minutes without a charge. Most places you deal with would probably try to cheat you out of warranty protection based on fine print in the warranty agreement!
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/30/2020

Thanks Richard! So glad to hear we got you taken care of. I really appreciate all the years you have been using my shop. Hope we have many more!

JOE L.
06/27/2020
Excellent desk and mechanical service
estimates right on pricing and time of service on time..Very pleased with how the car runs...
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/30/2020

Thanks Joe! We really appreciate the great review!!

Thanks again,

DJ
DAVID J.
Acura RDX
Saved $450
My front end of my car was shaking and thought it needed a wheel alignment. I took it to a aliment shop and they looked at it and said it was not the alignment but I needed new rotors. They quoted me $600 I then went to Automotive Instincts (where we have been going since 1993) for a second opinion. It was the rotors like the other shop told me but I did not need new rotors, I just needed them turned. Cost out the door $150.
Automotive Instincts-honest, deliver car on time and just nice people.\
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/30/2020

Thanks so much David! It's always nice to be able to resolve a problem for less money than expected :)
Glad we were able to make that happen.

ER
Elizabeth R.
Los Angeles, CA
06/26/2020 Category: Service
Elizabeth said that even at this time that we are in now, when she had an emergency need, the staff attended to her as soon as possible. She would like to add that Al and Edwin at the front desk are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/30/2020

Thank you Elizabeth! I'll let them know!

RF
RICH F.
Valencia, CA
Lexus GS
06/25/2020
The best auto repair ever. Customer service is always top notch. They never sell you anything you don’t need and their as honest as they come. Highly recommend them. I would never go anywhere else
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/30/2020

Thank you so much Rich for the Great review!