BEN S.
09/17/2019
My brakes
I’m been their valued customer for yrs already but it’s time for me to move on they just did the oil change for my car and they told me my brakes is halfway and I encountered noise and i need bring it to their shop to get check and I told them that it maybe needs only adjustment .they told me there is no such adjustment and ending up changing my rear brakes and I need to pay 672 for the rear brakes that with the discount. After they changed it I need to return my car due to the noise still there when I step on my brakes. After that I ask them why still the noise is there and they told me my brakes just need adjustment!!!!.
Michael S. from Autowise Car Care responded on 09/18/2019

We are very sorry to hear you are displeased with your service. However, we believe there must have been a misunderstanding:

The reason we could not simply adjust your old brakes to address the noise was due to their age and wear. An adjustment would not have resolved the problem.

New drum brakes often have to be adjusted post-service to ensure optimal performance. However, making the same adjustments to old, worn out brakes makes little differnece.

We sincerely hope that this clears up any miscommunication, and hope to see you again in the future, as you are a valued customer.

Thank you.

Autowise Car Care

AC
Ashanti C.
Hayward, CA
07/24/2019 Category: Service
Ashanti said the staff are really nice people especially since she was given a complimentary ride back to her house. She said she felt like they have hidden charges. She stated that before she went to the business she was given a quote as to how much it would cost but when it came to pay, it was much higher than the quote and it was because they had added some charges without consulting her first.

JV
Josh V.
California
Ford Edge
03/27/2019 Category: Service
Josh said he had to take his vehicle in four times before it was fixed. First time for the diagnosis. The second time they ordered the wrong motor. The third time the technician didn't install the engine properly. The fourth visit to finish the service. He would not recommend the business after this experience.

PR
Paul R.
Toyota Avalon
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Paul said he's taken his vehicle in a few times for minor things and he always has to bring it back in. He just brought his son in-laws vehicle in and it was in for a few days so he's really lost confidence in them. He will not recommend them.

David M.
GMC Sonoma
10/20/2017 Category: Service
David said this business did not do as promised. He took the car in for an oil change and afterward he noticed they had not put the sticker in the upper-left of the windshield to indicate when he should have his next oil change. When he checked the documents they had written the same thing they had last time. They told him they had topped off of all the fluids and the windshield wiper fluid was almost empty. He then looked under the vehicle to check if they had lubed the chassis and they had not. The oil filter was leaking as well.

HW
HANK W.
Mercedes-Benz E320
01/11/2017
Not Too impressed due to repetition of problems (unsolved) or reoccur. Pls check logs on all my vehicles maintenance done at Autowise.
My review is purely based on service provided by AUTOWISE....in past several years. Service on 2006 Honda Civic - Alternator replacement (supposedly new) failed thus required towing on Freeway which posed personal danger. 2nd Replacement unit makes annoying noise once the engine is heated - brought back in more than 4 times for analysis, but none found according to the technicians, told the unit have 3 YRS warrant. Wait till it fails and bring it back is the message at this time. 2000 Jeep wrangler brought in 3x times or more for Air Coolant problem, the problem exists today, however, afraid to bring the car in since other problems may surface. Few months back, 2000 MBZ 320 was brought in for poor idle and oil change. Was told by technician the MBZ needed brand new spark plugs, all cables replaced, etc., otherwise, the spark plugs could cause back fire, etc. Approved to have synthetic oil change done, however, few days later, "over fill engine oil" light kept popping up. Last month, took car to Mercedes of Pleasanton - oil and filter changed...problem resolved. Why? The problem communicated by technician to change spark plugs, cables, etc., were not the cause of the idling problem. My confidence level in AUTO Wise is very low at this time - possibly NEVER take my cars in unless a warrant purposes.

Tommia M.
Chrysler Pacifica
11/20/2016 Category: Service
Tommia said this business is really good. The customer service is great. The price was her issue. She was charged $398 for something she could get done to her vehicle for $140. The parts were $20 a piece. She does not know what was done to cost the amount she was charged. The person helping her just repeated their service came with a 3 year warranty. She would not recommend this business because she knows people are having a hard time and they overcharge.

TN
Tee N.
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Tee said he brought his vehicle to this business for an air conditioner inspection. Later, they said they would contact him with an estimate. They called him later and told him it would cost $120 for them to do the inspection. He refused to have the inspection done. However, when he picked his vehicle up he found that the power door light was on. Now he has find out what this business did wrong to his vehicle. He would tell his friends and family to stay away from them.

AP
ANAND P.
Volkswagen Passat
07/05/2016
Was great not any more service hac
Keeping car for 1and1/2day and saying we cant repair. Also AW did not bother to call to update repair I hv to call many times

BARB H.
07/04/2016
always helpful
Great people.

GM
GIL M.
05/27/2016
I wanted an oil change, when I picked up my car, there was a LOAD noise from the front right tire, that I had never heard before. This is the SECOND time I have brought in my vehicle for service and something else was wrong once I picked up my car!
I have had TWO experiences at Auto Wise, and BOTH were negative! I brought in my car, for an oil change, and I had NO NOISE coming from the wheels (both sides), when I picked up my car, there was a LOUD grinding sound, coming from the right front wheel! I feel there was damage caused by the person who worked on my car, and it was covered up, by saying the wheel lug was missing, and caused the damage! I think that is a CROCK, and I feel that the issue was created by Auto Wise and nothing else! My mom, informed me yesterday, that the same thing happened to them with their vehicle, that they took to Auto Wise. They ended up having to pay almost a thousand dollars for repairs, that they felt were caused by the Technician from Auto Wise! Would I be coming back for service? NOT A CHANCE!!!! I asked for an oil change ONLY, and they ended up trying to rotate my tires and check the brake system! I feel that including an inspection, that I did not authorize, they were trying to CREATE business by recommending or suggesting further service!

JI
JULIAN I.
Tracy, CA
Honda Accord
12/01/2015
I was not happy with my last services
Please take my e-mail out from your record
Michael S. from Autowise Car Care responded on 12/01/2015

Julian,
We truely value your business and apologize you were not happy with your last visit but it is out duty to keep you safe when on the road. Unfortunately the tire and rim was damaged after your accident and it was not safe for both parties to install your damaged tire to a newer rim. The tire had severe cord damage inside which could have blown out when driving if remounted to another rim. We extended our recommedation to have a  new tire installed  to keep you safe but you chose not to replace the tire. We hope you understand our position with keeping you and all parties safe while in your vehicle and also hope you change your mind about your review of our business.

Autowise Car Care

KAT M.
Volvo 850
11/21/2019
Amazing and honest auto care
As long as I live in this area, I will bring my car here. What I liked most was the consistency of their updates - if they say they will call Tuesday, they will call Tuesday. They are easy to talk to and excellent at explaining the going-ons of your car. The prices seem fair, but as I am new to car-ownership I cannot speak much on that. Awesome experience!

AH
Alain H.
Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight
11/12/2019 Category: Service
Alain said when she calls the business they always have a time to take her vehicle and get it out the same day. She said they're willing to give her a ride home and pick her up when it's done. The prices were reasonable and she was very happy with the service.

JV
JULIE V.
Hayward, CA
Dodge Dakota
11/10/2019
Nice pre-holiday surprise
They took me in right away to get a frozen lug out so I could have a tired fixed that picked up a screw - I’m able to travel safe and go see my elderly mother :)

Pleasanton, CA
Porsche Panamera
11/09/2019
Thank You Autowise for turning a bad day into , it all worked out to be a good day
Our Porsche broke down on a Sunday outside of Salinas and I had it towed to autowise shop in Union City. Owner Mike Sellar met us there and locked the car up in the shop and drove us to our home in Pleasanton. By the end of the next day, the car was fixed and returned to us. Thanks for the great service Mike, we will always return are business to Autowise Car Care.

ROGER B.
INFINITI Q45
11/08/2019
Great service and done right.
I trust their recommendations.

PL
PATTY L.
11/05/2019
Good work
Always great service and nice people to work with. Going there for 25 years.

DAREN C.
11/04/2019
I’ve been taking my Pilot to AutoWise for 10+ years. Just had all the major fluids replaced...friendly, honest, great customer service. On our way to 200,000 miles!

AC
ALAN MUDA C.
10/27/2019
Stalled Car Fixed
My 2001 Odyssey's engine suddenly wouldn't start. I towed my car to Autowise for troubleshoot around 4pm, cause was identified at 5pm that the starter motor failed after 229K miles. My car was fixed and available for me the next day at 10am.