Robert M.
Casa Grande, AZ
01/01/2020
NEVER AGAIN!
Without excessive detail, I had a serious problem, in addition to another problem, when had car taken(by AAA tow) to AZ Air. Pre-existing issue forces me to keep single ignition key in key slot. Special request (as always when car serviced) both spoken and submitted written request IN RED INK. When picking up car, began to wonder why waiting so long. Went to where my car parked to discover owner's son and another mechanic attempting to enter after locking my car with key in ignition along with extra key. Very unsatisfied; and so unnecessary if people read and if they care about quality service.
After this negative development, drove my car home via I-10. The front end bumper filler weights had collapsed on left front tire b4 on freeway. Was doing 80 mph. when thunderous sound and front steering impacted by collapse onto tire in motion. Thought I had a blowout. So this was a key reason to take to AZ Air for correction. Well, on my way home via I-10 same thing happened. The attitude I got when calling to inform them prompts me to state sincerely; NEVER AGAIN for me or any vehicle I control. Robert McKinney 858-335-7516.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 01/15/2020

It was our mistake to lock the key in the car.  As we were trying to open this customer's 2001 Dodge Neon he became very agitated and unruly to my technicians.  As it stands now, my technicians will not work on any of this customer's vehicles.

Chevrolet Camaro
03/05/2019
Took care of the work I needed.
Good job.

Cedric B.
Gilbert, AZ
06/23/2018 Category: Service
Cedric said that he spent over a $100 and the issue went away for a few days. The problem is now back.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 06/28/2018

Hi Cedric, we are sorry to hear you are upset with the evaporator coil cleaning we did on your vehicle to try and help with the bad smell. I explain to all of my customers before performing this service that we have a 50/50 chance of the coil cleaning removing the bad smell from the A/C vents. The alternative to the coil cleaning is removing and replacing the evaporator coil in the HVAC box. The estimate we printed and gave you for the evaporator coil replacement was $1539.37. Like yourself, most of my customers opt to try 1 or 2 cleanings before spending over a thousand dollars to rid of the smell entirely. As, I explained to you when you were here, this $100 service can be credited towards the cost of the evaporator replacement. Call me if you have any questions, Steve.

DE
Daniel E.
Arizona
Land Rover LR2
08/25/2017 Category: Service
Daniel said they never got back to him to tell him what was wrong with his vehicle. He had to call them to find out and then they were not sure. They had a general idea of two items that would fix it but they would not guarantee that it would solve his problem. They also could not give him a real estimate. It was a wide range of prices from $600- $800 and all the way up to $1,500.

Dennis R.
Mesa, AZ
Ford Econoline
04/13/2017 Category: Service
Dennis said this business was not able to repair his vehicle.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 04/17/2017

Dennis,

I am confused as to why you left this review. You state that we are unable to repair your vehicle. You stated that the a/c system was blowing cold when driving but not as cold as you thought it should be. We evaluated your a/c system and found that the fan clutch on your cooling system was very weak. The fan clutch was not pulling enough air across the condensor to cool the refrigerant in the vehicle causing your air temperature to be higher than it should be. During our inspection, We also found the a/c compressor to be leaking at the shaft seal and case half. When we first evaluated the a/c system it had been overcharged. We filled the system to the proper amounts and found leaks at your compressor and discharge hose. We were at all times capable of repairing your a/c system. You arrived to our location at 2:15 in the afternoon and we informed you that the repair would take a whole day to perform. We gave you a written quote for the repairs and you have denied the repairs at this time. We would be more than happy to repair your vehicle if you would like. The quote we gave you is good for an entire year.

David W.
Waddell, AZ
03/22/2017 Category: Service
David said ever since he picked up his vehicle, it has not worked. The air conditioner works but he will be taking it back to the business.

Dave G.
Lexus GS 300
10/18/2016 Category: Service
Dave said he brought his vehicle in to be serviced. He was promised his service would be done but when he picked up his vehicle, it was not completed. He was charged a high price. The first time he went there, he was treated well. He stated now he feels disappointed because he was lied to the second time.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 10/19/2016

Dave,
 I am sorry that you feel that you were not treated fairly. We informed you that your compressor was bad. We had given you a quote to replace the compressor. You had asked us to replace the compressor with a compressor that you supplied to us. You had returned to us with 2 different compressors that were wrong. You then asked us to flush the system and to reinstall your original compressor and when you found the right compressor you would install it and return to have the evac and charge done. We charged you for flushing the system and removing the compressor one time. We had removed and reinstalled your compressors 3 times and only charged you once. You were given the quote for replacing the compressor in the very beginning and that price did not change. I am sorry that you feel lied to but I feel that we went above and beyond by keeping your car occupying a workspace for a week and not charging to remove and replace your parts that were wrong.

CYNTHIA B.
Nissan Maxima
08/11/2016
AZ Auto Air
Great salespeople, but cannot seem to fix an oil leak no matter how many times they get the same car back. They should test drive the car to ensure the problem is fixed before returning it to the customer. Extremely frustrating. Fixed my brakes and other regular maintenance issues ok.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 08/20/2016

Cynthia,

I am sorry to hear that we did not get that oil leak taken care of. This has been a very difficult vehicle to get repaired and I completly understand your frustration. I will be more than happy to take another look at that and get back to it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and again I am sorry for any inconvienience.

Mitchell D.
Acura 2.3CL
04/27/2016 Category: Service
Mitchell said a system on his vehicle was leaking. He also said the first time he went in for service it was cheaper than the second time, which did not make sense to him.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 04/28/2016

Mitchell,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about our service. I wanted to take the chance to explain the difference in charge prices that you had. When you first came in we noted that your system was low on R134a. We gave you a discounted rate for a half pound of your R134a which made the difference of price. Also the second time you had come in, you had replaced the items that we had told you were leaking, upon the inspection we noted that the compressor wire had been cut and our technicians had rewired that items without charging you. I would be happy to discuss this anytime if you would like.

Mike B.
10/26/2015 Category: Service
Mike said the diagnostic he received from another business was different than what this business provided. The diagnostic was $37 from this business compared to another business where it was $16. The air conditioner was not cooling very well and the compressor needs to be replaced but another part was failing and the other business was able to get the air conditioning working for now.
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 10/28/2015

Mike,

Thank you for the information. The diagnosis that was given to you was for the compressor due to a stuck valve in the compressor. This compressor has a valve that very commonly sticks, there are occasions that this valve can release itself and begin to work. It is extremly common for this valve to stick again. The quote in which we gave you was to repair the vehicle for a long term fix and not to bandaid the issue. We do not want to charge you for a bandaid to only see you come back in the near future. I am glad to hear that someone was able to get the air cold for you, I hope that it lasts and feel free to call anytime if you are having any problems.

John

DAN G.
Gilbert, AZ
Hummer H3
08/02/2015
Awsome Service
Great bunch at AZ Auto Air. Honest quick service.

JOHN M.
Cadillac Escalade ESV
05/19/2015
Unable to fix or repair my truck??
Spent $584.00, and got a STILL HOT a/c system?? Knew that the problem was not as stated to be as a "Actuators" because rear a/c blew hot too?? Had another shop fix it, will not return for repairs, sorry, but I know I got rifted......

RY
RYAN Y.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
05/08/2015
Careless technician
I brought my car in for some a/c work - a new compressor and an upgraded condenser. A reasonable estimate was provided, parts were ordered, and the work was completed ahead of the initial projected completion date. Upon picking up my vehicle, the a/c was working beautifully, but an under hood inspection revealed several issues with the quality of the work. A painted panel above the radiator that had to be removed for repair access had been scratched in several places, one of the radiator cooling fans had been reinstalled upside down, the clamp that secured the fan's wiring was missing, there were greasy smudges on the blue coolant hoses, and the new a/c compressor's 10" longer wiring harness had just been left lying in the engine compartment rather than being appropriately secured or shortened. A few miles from the shop on the drive home I also realized that the blow-off valve air hose had not been properly reinstalled, as it had come off of it's fitting while driving. The technician corrected the radiator fan's installation before I took the car, and the manager took $100 off the bill to compensate for the work that I was going to have to do to correct the sloppy work and damage to the vehicle. I believe the shop probably does decent work on an average vehicle where the owner never sees the repairs, but I'm picky about the appearance of my vehicle and don't want to bring my vehicle back to a shop with sloppy technicians who are careless about making sure their work is done properly - both mechanically and cosmetically.

NW
NICK W.
Mitsubishi Lancer
04/17/2015
Thanks for telling me what's wrong
Ok. So my AC wasn't working, so I took it to get evaluated. They told me it was my discharge hose that was leaking, which was true. They were gonna charge me $350 to replace the hose. I went to eBay, bought the part for $40 then chaged it EASILY in 15 min. So you're telling me you was charging me $300+ in labor for something that's simple to change myself? Now my AC is working fine
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 04/18/2015

Nick,
 I understand your confusion. The quote that was given was too remove and replace the discharge hose, evac and charge the a/c system, freon, oil and dye. I am very glad that you were able to repair your vehicle on your own and save the labor to have us install it. I would like to mention that the quote we gave you was for an a/c hose at $55.00, the rest was the cost of labor to install the hose, the evac and charge and the freon,oil, dye and taxes that uncle sam takes. We are an ASE certified shop that warranties our work, we can not compete to a backyard mechanic doing there own work. If our hose were to develop a leak, we would warranty the hose, freon and labor to repair that. I can guarantee you that you can call around to local shops and they will be in the same price range that we are to repair this vehicle. I am glad that we could diagnose the vehicle for you and point you in the right direction to repair your own vehicle. If you are in need of any other assistance in finding the problems in your vehicle, feel free to call us at anytime

DT
DAVE T.
09/29/2014
Misdiagnosis and wanted to sell other parts. . .hmm. . .
Went here on a recommendation. I try out new shops from time to time but usually go back to my regular shop either because of incompetence, misdiagnosis, or flat out dishonesty. Problem was noise coming from engine-sounded like bearings or a pulley going out-compressor, generator, tensioner, etc. They replaced the harmonic balancer and it made Zero difference and the bearing/issue is not resolved in the least bit. Also, they told me the battery was bad, then, later, told me the alternator was bad and not charging properly. I have no charging issues and never did. Did not let them sell me more parts as my trust level was tested. Then, when what they did replace turned out to NOT be the issue, my hopes for adding this shop ended. Disappointed. Wrong diagnosis and efforts to sell me other things not wrong. Exactly what I DON'T want in a shop. Now, the question to ask oneself is would they feel a sense of trust with a shop like this? Yes, maybe they did simply make a mistaken diagnosis. They made the process of locating the sound easy and that they could find it. I may give them another shot in the future as sometimes it was just a simple mis-diag or the apprentice mech was on duty. . . we'll see. . .
Steve O. from Az Auto Air Inc responded on 10/10/2014

Dave, I just wanted to reply to your comments that you had left on the Sure Critic.  On October 1, 2014, you brought your 2003 Chrysler Town & Country in for a noise under the hood.  Upon inspection of the vehicle, the technician noted that the harmonic balancer had over an inch of lateral movement in the pulley.  This can cause tension on the other pulleys in the system, not to mention the pulley can come off an destroy other components, as well as disabling the vehicle.  After completion of the replacement of the harmonic balancer, we then informed you of the alternator not charging properly as it would charge intermitenly according to diagnositcs.  At which time you denied repairs for the alternator.  I do believe there could have been a communication error in which we possibly did not inform you that the harmonic balancer my not fix the noise.  Upon inspection of the vehicle to repair the noise, we saw an obvious problem and repaired that problem, which did not take of the noise.  Our first priority is to ensure the vehicle is in proper working order to fix further problems that may be caused by the obvious parts that are defective.  Upon replacement of the alternator after returning several days later, I hope all is well and the noise has been repaired.  We want to thank you for your patronage and appreciate you giving us a second opportunity.