SJ
Sherry J.
04/06/2020
😡🤬😡🤬
I didn't appreciate it. I took my car up there to get fixed. They told me it will be $2,200 to get fixed. After putting it on the machine, then I kept my car for two to three days. They asked me to bring my car back on Friday because I told him it was not running right still then 2 weeks later. They want to find the problem and tell me they want to charge me a thousand and three hundred more dollars to get my car fixed when I had already paid them to fix it and it wasn't fixed from the get-go. I can understand if I had kept my car for three weeks or so and then took it back but two to three days and then they want to charge me again and it's still doing the same thing that I paid them the $2,200 to get fixed. No, I don't appreciate it. And I'm going to fight to get my money back and I will not recommend anybody to go there and especially a woman that's going by herself because I think they take advantage of women.

01/31/2020
Shitty
Brought my car in, they broke my door handle and claimed it was already broken and glued back on. They also still charged me 100$ after breaking my car, and not fixing it.

07/31/2019
Fan/Engine Noise/Vibration
Very disappointed in our last two visits. I brought my wife’s 2012 Ford Escape in because of a noise and vibration. We spent over $1,400 for these two visits to replace motor mounts and fix an oil leak. My wife drove the car to Fort Worth to take care of her dad. I met her there this week and she said her car was making that noise again. We took her car to town and a man flagged me down on the highway said my radiator was spraying water. Got to a Firestone and the fan came loose and put a hole in the radiator. Fan and radiator replacement $1,700. Very disappointed because I feel like this could have been prevented.

Chevrolet Traverse
06/13/2019
AC repairs
Took my car to Barney’s because a few years ago a Farmers Adjuster had recommended them. So when my AC quite working, I thought I’d take it there. Disappointed because I had them work on it, replaced a hose of some sort and added Freon. Cost $560 (mostly labor). Just a few days later, had a hissing noise and steam come from under the hood. Someone that looked at it said it was my AC. So I drove it home (was only 91*) without the AC & parked it. This week I called , told them what happened, took the car back & it was the print. So, it had to be re-charged. Another $95 for repairs. Don’t think I should have had to pay for the Freon or labor. Think they should have absorbed that. They didn’t catch it the first time. Hopefully this lasts longer than a few days!

Chrysler Sebring Sdn
04/19/2019
Bad service
Took in my car to get a diagnostics. My car was there for over a week, it kept on being pushed back on the list. I was a paying customer too, wasn't expecting to get done for free. When I would call in they would tell me the were busy, so I guess my car was as important. They never called me, I finally went to pick it up to take somewhere else and not even "I'm sorry for not getting to it" they were just cold and handed my keys.
JoAnne from Barney's Auto Service responded on 04/24/2019

We are sorry to hear that you felt this way after leaving our facility.  We take customer feedback seriously and tried reaching out to you via phone to speak about your concern and come to a resolution.  We work on vehicles in the order they came in and would never intentionally push back your repair request.  Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience so we can fina a resoution.  Thank you.

AD
Ann D.
10/20/2018
Vehicle Service from Barneys.
Barneys always takes care of my vehicle and treats me like family. If you need For vehicle repairs call them.

DN
Dylan N.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport
12/14/2017 Category: Service
Dylan said the staff told him they would look at this vehicle for free, but after looking at his vehicle they told him it would cost $100. He had to talk them down to $50 . He would have taken his vehicle to a different business if he knew they were going to charge him.

Ronnie W.
Buick Park Avenue
10/17/2017
Your receptionist was rude and seemed not to care if we left our vehicle or not.
We will not return to your establishment for any service due to the rudeness we were given in person and on the phone even though in the past we were completely happy with the services and reception we were given.

Don S.
08/22/2017
NOT HAPPY!! In
It took 3 days for an alignment and inspection. Even though we had an appointment.we had to call two times to ask when the car would be ready. We also asked the oil be changed. It was not done.

Daneka H.
12/10/2016 Category: Service
Daneka said she knew her alternator was out but she wanted the business to do a diagnostic. They weren't able to do the diagnostic, while her alternator was broken. However, they wanted to charge her $80 for the diagnostic.

Tyler B.
09/05/2015
Unreliable information
I have gone there many many times, and this last time they definitely tried to screw me into spending $1300+ on service. Then I get a receipt for the service I did get done. Changing of my radiator cap and its was $130. Only $22 was for parts!!! Beware when going here!

Michael B.
01/06/2015
Estimate was to high/secretary was pleasant
I had you guys give me an estimate on both front and rear brake pads with resurfacing rotors. You guys quoted $440 while in the mean time I called 3 competitors (Midas $157,mienikee 163, carlsons $160 )and every one of them is $150-160 per axle and that includes resurfacing . If it only requires pads they will deduct accordingly. I was trying to give you guys some business since you guys are close by but can drive 3 miles to save $100 , what would you guys do?
Carlsons automotive is where I will be going and have been a customer there for 10 years just trying to change, not due to prices or service , but just because you guys are new to the neighborhood . Thanks again I might try again in the future ??
Barney B. from Barney's Auto Service responded on 01/07/2015

Michael,
Just wanted to thank you for bringing in your vehicle for brake inspection.  We do always prefer to visually inspect vehicles before quoting prices, because there are so many variables.   As you know, there are several things to consider in comparing prices, including quality of parts and the warranty and customer service you will receive.  Our ASE certified technicians take care of our customers like family and friends, using the best parts available with a lifetime warranty and 2 year warranty on labor on almost all of our repairs.  We attribute our business longevity (over 30 years) to God's blessings, to honesty, safety, and hard work for our customers.
Have a blessed New Year,
Barney

DV
David V.
Dodge Neon
11/14/2014
didn't fix the problem
I took my car in to get the control arms fixed and not only did they not fix them but they fixed something we didn't want fixed and they said there was nothing wrong with the control arms. We took it back the next day because we were still having the same problem and they said the control arms needed to be replaced along with a handful of other things. We had already given them $900 to fix fix nothing and they wanted $1300 to maybe fix the car.

Melanie H.
10/29/2014
not good experience
After $2100. 00 and the 3 times at the shop in a couple of months, I gave up and traded my car. Wish I would have known they weren't going to be able to fix it before I spent the money or wasted my time!

EK
earl k.
10/07/2014
repairs for truck not safitasy
Got lied to from the start and was told they would not work on it before they spoke to me and no one should take the vehicle to them