SA
SHANNON A.
10/10/2018
Honest, fast, and friendly
Marshall Tire and Auto always works with my schedule to get me in quickly. They are friendly and honest!

Mark H.
Pontiac Grand Prix
10/05/2018 Category: Service
Mark said he will recommend this facility to others.

WR
Will R.
10/05/2018 Category: Service
Will said they are very helpful quick and timely with reasonable pricing.

AE
Ameenah E.
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Ameenah said everything was fine with this business. The service was great, but he didn't recognize her voice when he called her, so he hung up. She had to call him back. The timing was perfect, afterward.

GG
Geoffrey G.
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Geoffrey said the business was quick, got him in right away and he is very happy with their service.

Keira M.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Keira said that the place helped her out last minute and were nice.

DAVID S.
09/27/2018
Able to answer all of my questions and get me in and out fast! Scott does a great job.

WM
Will M.
Jeep Cherokee
09/27/2018 Category: Service
Will said Scott is really easy to work with. He is straight forward about the work and it was a nice experience.

PC
Paul C.
09/20/2018
Check Engine Light? Go to Autozone.
Check Engine Light? Go to Autozone.

This is my first review. It makes me sad to write it, as it brings me no joy to potentially hurt a local business. I’ve been going to Marshall Tire & Auto for about a year. Though the prices have always seemed a little high, the employees have been friendly enough, and best of all: it’s two blocks from my house.

A few weeks ago, I took my family's CR-V to be inspected. I was soon told it was fine, but it needed new wiper blades, and unfortunately, CR-Vs require special blades which are $70 (which they’d already installed). I grumbled a bit, but decided to pay it.

Then a couple days ago, I took our other car — a Mazda 3 — over to Marshall’s because the check engine light had come on. A few hours later I received a call with good news: it was just my gas cap. (Our gas cap had been a bit funky for years, but it worked fine if you screwed it in right. Anyhow, I figured it was fine to get a new one.)

The bad news. Total charge: $132.49.
$80 to hook it up to the computer.
$49.85 for the gas cap.

Stunned, I walked over to pick it up. Arriving, at I asked if I could at least return the gas cap and buy it somewhere else cheaper. The manager (owner?) hemmed and hawed a little bit, and eventually told me I was welcome to try, but that it might be hard to find that exact part for my exact car. Regrettably, I’m not a very confrontational person, so I just paid and left.

That night, I was told that AutoZone will hook your car up to the computer for free. I immediately phoned them up (they were still open), and they confirmed this. On top of that, they had multiples of my gas cap in the gas-cap aisle. The guy said it’s a common model, and cost $17.

The next morning, I walked back over to Marshall’s. The woman behind the counter, who has also always been nice, looked a bit dismayed when I told her my gas-cap situation. I also explained that I’d been a customer since moving to the neighborhood, and that I sure wanted to continue to be, but that I needed a break. “I could see charging me the $80 for the computer hookup,” I said, “if I took that information, walked out, and went to have it fixed elsewhere. But this just seems really disappointing.”

She tried to explain that the computers at AutoZone / Advanced aren’t as high-tech, that sometimes those computers make mistakes, etc. She also explained that Marshall Tire could never compete with AutoZone’s prices because AutoZone is a big chain. Eventually, we'd both said our peace — she wasn’t going to offer to revisit the charge, and sadly, I’d have to find a new garage. I said I was sorry it couldn’t work out, and left.

But it was bothering me all day. My family doesn’t have much money. I was a little surprised that they were unwilling to offer even a slight discount for a loyal customer. So I went back in to at least return the gas cap — at least then I’d save $30+ from popping over to AutoZone. This time, the manager / owner was there.

He told me that he’d already thrown away the box. He repeatedly told me that he’d offered to return the gas cap from the start, as though he'd initially said, “Look buddy, I feel your pain… you might be able to find a gas cap cheaper somewhere else." (Of course, that had been MY idea, and he’d talked me out of it by suggesting that the part would be hard to find.) So now he wouldn’t take my $50 gas cap back because he’d thrown away the cardboard box. I asked if he wouldn’t just use it in the future? He responded that they "don’t get many Mazdas" at Marshall Tire and Auto. Give me a break, dude.

So I left, but not before my car was blocked in by another employee. Seeing that I was trying to leave, the employee mouthed something I couldn’t understand — I figured it was “be right over.” After five minutes of nothing, I went and found him sitting in a nearby car reading his phone. Again I asked him to move it. He said that it was a customer’s car, and that that customer would be coming out soon. Five minutes later, out came the customer, and I drove off of the Marshall Tire and Auto lot for the last time.

I’ll choose to believe the blocking in wasn’t intentional, because it does me no good to think people are lousy.

At the end of the day, I paid $132.49 for a gas cap. And well, I guess that’s what Marshall Tire and Auto charges. Fair enough. That said, if it were my business, I’d surely have handled things differently at virtually every step of this interaction.

If your check engine light goes on, go to AutoZone. Supposedly, their computers aren’t as space age, but you may end up paying $17 instead of $132.49.

09/20/2018
Professional and always able to fit me in
Can call at anytime and is always willing to fit me in. Professional attitude and knowledge. Been going to Scott for 6+ years now and I trust that he is giving me the best price and quality that I can get.

AP
Aaron P.
Hyundai Accent
09/18/2018 Category: Service
Aaron said the business finished in a timely manner.

JJ
John J.
09/17/2018 Category: Service
John said has used this business continuously and has not had any problems. The technicians do good work at fair prices.

Mark D.
Volkswagen Golf
09/15/2018 Category: Service
Mark said the business did the state inspection. They did what was needed in a timely manner.

BC
Bill C.
Toyota Land Cruiser
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Bill said the employees were nice and did what they were supposed to do.

CJ
Clark J.
Toyota Matrix
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Clark said that the place did a good job and were on time.

JERRY B.
Lexus CT 200h
09/01/2018
Wife’s
She said tires help somethings still making noise underneath. She’ll stop by.

PL
PAUL L.
Ford Thunderbird
09/01/2018
Trustworthy people, fair prices, great work
I've been bringing my car in to Scott for years. He's honest and hardworking. Keeps my car going without breaking the old bankbook.

TW
TRACEY W.
08/31/2018
Oil Change, Tire Rotation
I waited for my vehicle to have the oil changed and tires rotated. It was completed in a very efficient amount of time. Since I bought my tires here, the rotations are free! Very pleased!

SF
Stephan F.
Cadillac DeVille
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Stephan said it was a most pleasant experience to use the businesses service.

HJ
Haley J.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Haley said the business did a good job.