Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5rating 2.6rating 2.6rating 2.6

Travis M.
12/31/2018
Too busy to be good
I've had alot of work done with these guys but I'm done now. They've always done decent enough work but their customer service is terrible. No one there has very good people skills and this is coming from someone works next door and interacts with them very often.

They put in a faulty starter and when the car failed to start they wanted to take apart the ignition for another 400 dollars before checking the part they already installed until i insisted and when i tried to schedule an oil change the shortness a received over the phone was too much to handle.
When i asked why they were being short they blamed their attitude on being busy. Well i work with my hands and i can tell you that if you're too busy to be friendly over the phone you're way too busy to do good work and now i have the proof.

I'd recommend tuffy.
Kathy, owner from Best Choice Auto Care and Muffler responded on 01/09/2019

Sorry Travis you feel that we didn't treat you fairly.  We never intended to sell defective starter, but sometime we receive parts that fail which is out of our control.  As you know all our repairs come with a 3 year 36,000 mile nationwide warranty.  In regards to your oil change we schedule our appointments a hour apart so that we can give every customer best service that is possible.  So when you asked us to move your appointment to a half hour later that would have had to make the next customer wait longer.  we offered you another appointment later on in the day, but you didn't want to take that time.

Mark S.
Cleveland, TN
Toyota Avalon
09/19/2018 Category: Service
Mark said he had gone to a facility across from this business, where they told him his alternator was bad. He brought his vehicle to this business, where the staff told him it was it fine. They charged $50 to check on the battery and the alternator, and another $20 to charge the battery. The next day, the battery was dead.

LH
Lee H.
Florida
Ford Econoline Wagon
12/29/2017 Category: Service
Lee said the front desk was very unfriendly and blunt. Their attitude about his business reflected that they could take it or leave it. He was quoted a price of $60 which came out to be $100 for the same repairs needed on the vehicle. He chose not to use them.

12/29/2017 Category: Service
Lee said he was told by the front desk staff he would be charged $68 out of the door, but it ended up being almost $100. Lee said he was told he would be charged $68 out the door by the front desk staff who was unfriendly. He ended up being charged almost $100 for a new fuel filter instead of the $68.
Kathy, owner from Best Choice Auto Care and Muffler responded on 01/08/2018

In regards to your comment on the cost of installing your customer supplied fuel filter.  We quoted you 81.74 to install it.  The additional charges were state fees and taxes.  I very sorry you feel that we treat you unfairly.

AN
A N.
Daytona Beach, FL
10/04/2017
False information
The front desk lady is just as rude as can be....and didnt get any help what so ever! Just a waste of time.... They said it was something that needed to be replaced before i got any work done and that wasnt even the issue...stop lying to your customers!
Kathy, owner from Best Choice Auto Care and Muffler responded on 10/04/2017

Michael

You came in with a complaint of vibration at 45mph and shake until you stop. You stated  that you rebuilt the front end and had another shop balance the tires and do an alignment. Still had same problem and then came to us.We drove the truck and did a free front end check at no charge. Advised you you had uneven tire wear that might possibly causing the vibration. Also advised you to start by possibly replacing the tires.
You got upset at what we advised said you were going to take it to yet another shop to have it looked at. Got in your truck and peeled out the driveway.  Maybe if another shop tells you the same thing you might believe what we said.  Please keep us informed as we would like to see what someone else had to say.

MARK M.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Dodge Dakota
01/21/2015
Did not like the way the technicians treat the customers.
I left the shop and won't return because the mechanic was unable to repair my truck due to not having the part in stock. When I was ready to leave the mechanic was very upset because I didnt leave my truck over night to wait for the part. He also did not put my shift cable back the way it was when I first arrived to the shop. I don't like when people get upset if a person decides to come back the next day to get their vehicle fixed.

BLAIR H.
04/18/2014
Didn't do what they were asked
This is the second time I brought my vehicle here to have minor services done. Both times, when I picked it up, all that they had performed was an oil change, and not the other services that I specifically requested and that they "recommended". Then, they told me that I needed major maintenance done right then. I said no, went to a different, more trustworthy mechanic, who told me that I simply needed a fluid refill. They constantly try to sell me items I don't need and push so hard to make an unnecessary sale that I will never take my vehicle here again. Our entire family has been coming here for a long time and we have all experienced terrible service recently and none of us will use this store.

RD
RON D.
Chevrolet Silverado
04/10/2014
to expensive
I had my dad bring in my truck for an oil change that usually cost$ 24 you charge me over $50 for oil change complete rip off never added to any other fluids and did not rotate tires ..complete rip off as far as I'm concerned you owe me a free oil change
Kathy, owner from Best Choice Auto Care and Muffler responded on 04/22/2014

Ron,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with us about your concerns during your last visit with us. We're very glad that we could resolve everything. As discussed we have added the free oil change to your customer profile and we will be more then happy to perform diagnostics on your additional issues at no cost to you. In the future we will do everything in our power to ensure you have the best experience possible and again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Jim, Kathy and The Best Choice Team