4.6

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

Roger R.
Boyne City, MI
02/21/2020 Category: Service
Employees do a great job of listening and responding to my request. Keep up the good work. Thanks
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 02/21/2020

Thank you so much for choosing Bill Marsh!

BF
Barbara F.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
02/17/2020 Category: Service
Excellent service and great employees!
They make coming in for service completely painless. Great employees and terrific service.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 02/20/2020

Thank you for your business and for your feedback!

CN
Carlee N.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
02/10/2020 Category: Service
Friendly staff, great service
When I checked in they suggested exactly what I needed for my vehicle. I always take my Santa Fe here to get serviced because they keep all the records and know exactly what needs to be done when I go in next.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 02/20/2020

Catherine B.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
01/31/2020 Category: Service
Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Bill Marsh Hyundai has always been good to me. I have been with them for years. They have great customer service and technicians.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 02/06/2020

Joyce W.
Lake Leelanau, MI
01/30/2020 Category: Service
The men who tended to my car explained what problems existed, how to fix them and were so curteous. They also fixed a small problem at no charge. I felt I was in good hands.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 02/06/2020

01/22/2020 Category: Service
Friendly prompt service even though I had no appointment - they took care of all my problems!
Excellent service , friendly, courteous, prompt!
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 01/22/2020

Rhonda R.
Interlochen, MI
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/20/2020 Category: Service
Bill Marsh Hyundai
The people in the service department, Ashely and Dalton, go above and beyond and always have a smile for you when you walk in the door.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 01/20/2020

Joanne K.
2019 Hyundai Kona
01/01/2020 Category: Service
Vehicle Service Reminder
I would have given this a 5 star; however, the vehicle service reminder was not re-set. Now, when I get into the car, the reminder comes up showing I need service. It's just for general service...oil change, tire rotation, etc. I haven't had a chance to go back in to have it re-set. I'm not sure if I can re-set it myself. Otherwise, everything else was great.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 01/09/2020

I am so sorry that we fell short on this visit. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for your business!

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/31/2019 Category: Service
Sevice is excellent and employees very good and follow through is excellent. Cost is the issue on the more routine work.
The problem is not your service. The problem is the cost versus a local garage that I have found just as good but cheaper and always looking for ways to help me save money after examining our 2012 Santa Fe. I know them and trust their advice when I ask questions about their recommendations.

The most expensive repair done on our Santa Fe recently at Bill Marsh was replacement of brakes, calipers, etc. related to the brakes. It was a thousand dollars at Bill Marsh and would have cost about eight hundred at the local garage for the same items. Times are tough (just check new car sales....or the lack of them.) Cost of repairs and maintenance matters. The credits earned by me for future work at Bill Marsh have a short life and are structured better for you than me. Think about that a minute and look at it from my perspective as the customer and not yours as the provider.

Hopefully you have done an analysis of your fixed costs versus variable costs and know what you cost structure is and have made it as much variable as possible and less fixed. Maybe you are looking to make too much off each sale and thus have customers like me going elsewhere on routine or easy fixes like brakes to save money. I don't know, but if I were you I would look into it and make sure you are really maximizing your coverage of variable costs; and analyzing your breakeven point and the variable cost structure that has to be met with timing. Are there ways to cut or delay costs without cutting services and employee morale...and still make a reasonable profit in our current somewhat difficult times? Even in good times profits can hide a multitude of sins in costs and expenses.

My guess is you don't look at your business like this...or aren't willing to approach reviewing your business cost structure and monitoring it daily and in detail monthly. Hopefully have a real time financial systems with solid actionable current to plan comparisons.

I would recommend you to a friend now if the service need was serious...not for brakes, routine maintenance, coolant flushes, etc. However, I would recommend you for transmission problems, engine issues, or.potential warranty work. However, my guess is you need the routine business to for cash flow and overall profitability. All costs are variable if the time frame is long enough....that also may need tightening too.

I know Michigan is a big union state with union wages in the car industry, and yes I am a transplant here. But what has been the norm in the past with all kinds of paid benefits I'm not sure is the future. America no longer has a lock on quality, design, engines, drive trains and such. Maybe you need to build a different plan than what you currently have. The other question is do you have the financial data you need to drive the business and monitor your profitability better, faster, more accurately, and with flexibility..

This is not a sales pitch.... I am an old retired CFO just trying to answer your questions here and thinking about the broader basis and implications of your business. You seem to be wanting to build your business with an emphasis on customers...which is good and very important. That's were the business starts. However, these times require a sharp pencil and a solid flexible business plan. Your people dealing with the customers don't have to necessarily buy into a business plan at the financial level, but you managers sure do.

This is probably more than you wanted in a response and maybe you have all what I said above covered. If so, sorry to have wasted your time.

Lon Gilbert
Truly Retired CFO and CPA
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 01/03/2020

Mr. Gilbert,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and you have valuable insight. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

HH
Heather H.
Interlochen, MI
2019 Hyundai Kona
12/31/2019 Category: Service
Prompt and Courteous
Ashley and the crew at Bill Marsh are always on their feet and ready to welcome me in. Work is performed in an efficient amount of time, questions are answered, and I enjoy talking to the mechanics when they are able to spare a moment. Staff are all friendly and the waiting area is clean.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 01/02/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback and for your business!

JI
Judith I.
12/19/2019 Category: Service
Needs better service department
I wish it was easier to schedule service.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 12/23/2019

Roger S.
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
12/17/2019 Category: Service
Good job done timely and courteous employees at all levels.
BRAD D., Service Manager from Bill Marsh Hyundai responded on 12/18/2019

Kenneth M.
Gaylord, MI
12/12/2019 Category: Service
very accomodating
Needed my sonata serviced for upcoming 3500 mi. trip. Had to pick up wife at airport at 3:30 and best service dept. could do for me was a 4 pm appt. This was a tight window of time knowing that airlines aren't always on time and luggage needed to be picked up.I decided to drive to TC. early, stop by the dealer at 11 am and see if they could get me in sooner. The tech checked with the mechanic and he said yes,in about 10 minutes! Ya! I was on my way by noon with plenty of time to spare!
KEN MULLEN