LK
Libby K.
08/17/2017
Pleasant work place
Don't know much about cars and feel very confident that my car will be in good shape when they are finished and I have not been charged for something I did not need
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 09/12/2017

Thank you for taking the time to answer the review, after speaking with you, I understand there was a mixup with the rating system.
All that matters is that you're happy with your service.

Jeremiah G.
Torrington, CT
08/04/2016
Theives
Very nice appearence. However, looks can be very deceiving! They priced a hub assembly repair at 175$. I had the part, so that means it would take them almost 2 hours to do a hub assembly? They "discoverrd" however that it was not a hub assembly but new struts. The labor cost was fair at 95$ an hour total 480 or so. Parts, 588!! I could get the parts for a total of 210! I understand they mark up their prices but they nearly trippled the price on every part. Terrible.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 08/05/2016

Jeremiah, we quoted you exactly what the book time is for that job. I think it shows just exactly how honest we are by the fact that we didn't replace the hub that you self diagnosed being the problem. I am sorry that you think we are unfair. As I said previously please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to explain.

FA
Floridalma A.
04/03/2015
fairness and their location is perfect
honest
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 04/06/2015

Hello this is TJ. First of all thank you for your business. Secondly can you please explain why you only gave us 1 out of 5 stars. Is there something that we didn't do correctly? Thank you for talking the time to make a review.

Jeep Renegade
11/14/2019
Great work
Great job
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you look forward to seeing you again

BG
Barbara G.
Bethel, CT
Subaru Legacy
04/23/2019
Exhaust replacement on Subaru Legacy 2009
They showed me what they were going to do which gave me a better understanding
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 04/26/2019

Thank you it was a pleasure meeting you

JE
JOHN E.
12/01/2018
Stellar service and friendly atmosphere
When I picked up my car in the morning it was covered in bird excitement. Otherwise I left with a great feeling of satisfaction .

KN
KAREN, BILL N.
10/29/2018
Blackmans
As usual great service! even changed a licence plate bulb that was blown that I forgot to mention. Thank you
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/31/2018

Thank you Bill glade to see your getting around better

BF
BETTY F.
10/13/2018
honest, fair
rattle less pronounced but not eliminated
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 10/15/2018

i'm sorry  just give me a call and i will fix it while you wait

RP
ROCHELLE P.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
09/13/2018
pleasant people
pleasant people. explain things so I can understand. Fair charges
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 09/25/2018

Thank you look forword to seeing you again

RP
ROCHELLE P.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
03/10/2018
nice people. good service
the people explain what's what so I can understand. their are reasonable

JOHN W.
Ford Econoline
09/09/2016
They stand by their work !
Had front breaks done ,they wore out fast, so they determined i had received some bad parts ,& then fixed it for free !

MT
Mike T.
Infiniti G37
09/02/2016
Oil change and check engine light
Blackmans is courteous and professional. There was an issue that may still be under dealer warranty that they made us aware of instead of charging us.

YK
YUONNE K.
Brookfield, CT
Nissan Sentra
04/26/2016
Visit to the shop April 22nd. Emergency work. Car broke down.
Being courteous and quick response to the issue. My car broke down and had to be towed to the shop.
After diagnosing the problem took time explaining to me that I could follow.
Jim B., Owner from Blackman's Auto Service responded on 05/11/2016

Thank you for your business. I am glad we were able to help you. Have a good day

TG
Tom G.
Toyota Matrix
11/16/2014
Quick and complete
Great place for fast efficient auto servicing. A bit pricey for a single rear wiper. $23?? Hence the 4 stars instead of 5.

MK

Wilton, CT
Volkswagen Passat
08/04/2013
Reliablle, courteous and friendly
Finding a car maintenance shop is always difficult; I was lucky to have Blackman's recommended to me by Ronnie's Car Service. I have no complaints about Blackman's, indeed they are good value, reliable and very courteous. I drive away feeling confident that my car (2002 VW Passat) is in good hands - it needs to be as its got 220Kon the clock.

JOHN T.
Buick Century
04/03/2013
TJ always helpful - expensive for repairs
Last service was done well - wish prices were lower - especially for Senior Citizens and 1 income households - discount needed for seniors

BR

TH
Tom H.
Nissan Titan
12/03/2012 Category: Service
Tom said they did a good job of getting his vehicle up and running again.

Mike D.
Jeep Cherokee
11/20/2012 Category: Service
Mike said he's happy with the work and he has nothing to complain about. It was handled in a timely manner.