Ford Taurus X
10/20/2020
smog test
Price went up with no notice when I dropped off tbe car. Should tell customers the price.

LJ
LARDICANI J.
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
08/25/2020
Misinformed on prices
Someone called me and gave me the price I had to pay after repairs were made when I got there it was a different price I asked how much was part I was told $385 yet on invoice it’s over $900 and was told once they purchase the part they sell it for what they want😡I will be having a expert look in to this matter.

GW
GERALD W.
Buick Regal
07/14/2020
Poor and nasty office service
I was told my car didn’t pass smog because of fuel Evaporative controls the lady in the office wanted me to make a appointment to bring it back and charge me $160 dollars I took it to another smog shop and it was the $10 gas cap I have 4 cars that I bring to that shop the Other lady that use to work in the office was so nice and knew how to talk to customers you guys needs to take a good look at your office people very nasty attitude I don’t know her name but she was working the desk 7/14/2020

05/18/2020
Nice people, average service
Took my car in for a big repair. Nice people but not great at communicating. The estimate for time frame was way off, would not have come here if service was estimated to take that long. In the end the problem was fixed but another was not unfortunately. Will be going elsewhere.

AH

KC
Katrina C.
04/30/2019
Ripoff!
They stole my money! I came in for a smog test and my check engine light came on right as I was getting there. When they went to run the test, instead of calling and saying we're sorry we won't be able to run the test because your check engine light is on and the smog test will fail, they ran the test found out my thermostat was running cold and called to tell me that my car had failed the smog test. They told me about the thermostat running cold and wanted to know if I wanted to run a diagnostic test to see what the cause was. Waste of my time and money!! After 2 hours sitting in the store waiting for answers, they pretty much told me what they told me over the phone and wanted to overcharge me $100 to get the thermostat replaced!

04/05/2019
Wack never go there again
Bad service and way over priced

Steven M.
Ford Expedition
07/12/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Paisley. She said the staff kept her vehicle for over a week. After the service the check engine light came on after twenty minutes of driving for the same code she went in for. Then she noticed that her tires went flat , they were not just flat they had large chucks of rubber missing that exposed the chords for 12 inches and there were bubbles. When she called the business they said her tires were like that when she came in, they were not. She spent two hundred dollars replacing her tires. She has to take her vehicle back to fix the other issues the staff did not fix the first time.

Reuben S.
12/11/2017 Category: Service
Reuben said the technicians did things to his vehicle that should not have been done and they overcharged him. For the reasons specified he would not recommend this business for service.

CJ
Cleauthor J.
Volkswagen Jetta III
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Cleauthor said he went to this business for a smog check. He passed all emissions except for visual gas leak on the hose. He went to his mechanic that placed a clamp on the gas leak. He was only gone and back in one hour. He was charged to retest his vehicle even though it was a visual inspection. He had to pay a total of $97. The reason he went back to this business was because he went there before and it was good but this time around he felt the customer service was not appreciated as a return customer.
Michael M. from Blue Ribbon Automotive & Smog responded on 04/25/2017

Sorry to hear your vehicle failed it's smog inspection today. I'm glad to hear we where able to spot your fuel leak before something caught on fire. When a vehicle fails it's inspection and needs to be retested it's the whole test, not just portion you failed for,  that's why you had to pay for retest,  I do appreciate your business and hope you will return.
  Your friend
     Mike Myers

BE
BECKY E.
Mazda 626
08/28/2016
Can't afford them anymore
I've been taking my three-to-four cars to Blue Ribbon for years (smog checks, oil changes, etc.). Oil changes are getting too expensive. But that is nothing compared to Blue Ribbon recently charging me a $99 diagnostic fee to tell me I needed a new battery (on top of the battery purchase). Used to love this place, but no more.
Michael M. from Blue Ribbon Automotive & Smog responded on 08/31/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm truly sorry your unhappy with your visit to Blue Ribbon. When we check a car there's alot more done than saying you have a bad battery, we check the starter circuit for excessive amp draw, we test battery and grounds, we gave you the price for repairs. We would never do anything without your permission. I wish you would have let me know that you where unhappy with the fee before you left. I never want to hear a customer is unhappy with theservice we provide. Feel free to call me and I'll decuss the matter with you.
         Mike Myers

AW
AMY W.
Kia Sephia
07/24/2016
Doesn't honor their gift certificates
Father in law bought gift cert. on bakersfielddiscountdeals.com
for my college student daughter for xmas. The gift cert. has no expiration on it & was not advertised as having one on the website, but they refused to honor it saying it expires 6 mo. from purchase. It was bought 12/12 she tried to redeem 2nd wk of July. The guy who worked there was nice and persuaded the owner to give her at least a discount. So the owner finally relented in giving a huge generous discount of $5 (note my sarcasm). Usually in the state of Ca even expired discounted gift certs are at least worth what was paid for the cert., but not at blue ribbon. That small amount of money for my daughter means alot when she has a ton of expense for school because she takes more classes than the average student, so more classes, units, books, & expenses. I have been going to blue ribbon for 12+yrs with all 4 of my vehicles bc its close to my home. Now i might drive a little further, but definitely worth it to support a local business who appreciates their loyal patrons and honors their paperwork. If it expires in 6 mo. then Blue ribbon should have it stated so on the gift cert. So Blue Ribbon actually made more than the standard fee on this one because they got standard fee minus $5 plus what was pd for the gift cert. I WILL NEVER USE BLUE RIBBON AGAIN, & I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. AND I MADE MY DAUGHTER FILE A COMPLAINT W/ the Better Business Bureau.
Michael M. from Blue Ribbon Automotive & Smog responded on 07/24/2016

Thanks for the review, your comments mean a lot to me since I too have a child in school, the gift certificate you bought was not purchased from Blue Ribbon Automotive, it was bought from a radio station. The radio station should have explained to you that the gift card was good for six months, that is why they offered her a discount. We try very hard to make all customers feel like family. Are normal price for a smog test is  $60.00, we are running a special right now for  $40.00 for 2000 a newer cars  $50.00 for 1999 and older. That is why we offered her a discount of  $5.00, feel free to call me my name is Mike, I don't want anyone to leave my shop upset, 661-398-0305.
      Mike Myers.

Donald G.
Saturn SC2
04/04/2016 Category: Service
Donald said he is very upset with this business. He took his vehicle to this business to get a smog test. They worked on his vehicle and he spent $300 on the service. They still did not fix his vehicle or give him a smog test.

LV
LUIS V.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
03/30/2016
smog
Nothing wrong with my truck. Passed smog no problem with a Professional somewhere else. Blue Ribbon didn't pass smog. Only one there they didn't even take the time to help me out.
Michael M. from Blue Ribbon Automotive & Smog responded on 03/31/2016

Sorry your vehicle failed it's smog test yesterday, part of smog testing is to check the vehicle monitors, if they where not ready the smog machine will fail it's test. If your battery was dead or code cleared the vehicle needs to be driven to set the monitors, by driving vehicle the monitors will reset. Thank you Mike Myers