Rich C.
Toyota Celica
06/12/2020 Category: Service
Rich said his experience with this business was awesome.

LL
LARRY L.
La Center, WA
Ford Windstar Wagon
05/06/2020
Bob really let me down this time.
Van came back worst then when I took it in. Didn't fix what was wrong. Made repairs I did not order. Warning light on dash is on. Radio and door locks were working, now they're not.
Bob F. from Bob's Automotive responded on 05/06/2020

Mr Lewton had his 2000 Windstar TOWED in for repair. The vehicle had been sitting, not started or driven for months. His stated desire was to make it safe and reliable again. We performed a complete vehicle inspection and identified several areas that needed repair & service. ALL repairs were verbally authorized before ANY WORK WAS STARTED! I explained each repair needed to Mr. Lewton, both right side tires and wheel were damaged and needed replacement and the tire on the car were in need of replacement as well. The vehicle spare had previously been put on the right front because the tire and wheel had been damaged beyond repair. We had a set of Windstar wheels and tires that were in very serviceable condition, and MR Lewton agreed for us to replace his original tire & wheels. When the right front & right rear wheels were damaged apparently, whatever Mr.Lewton hit also caused the right front Sway Bar End Link to be damaged, due to the high mileage we recommended replacement of both front end links and Mr Lewton agreed and approved the repair. The left door lock would not unlock all the way, therefor when tha door was shut the lock would re-engage. This caused Mr Lewton to be locked out several times if he left his keys in the car. this was caused by the Door Lock Actuator having excessive play, this was replaced. The battery was 5 years old and would not accept a re-charge, Mr Lewton authorised replacement. The Air Filter was dirty and the filter box had the remains of a rodent nest, we had replaced the the Fuel Filter 40,000 miles previous and that filter was still on it, so we replaced both with Mr.Lewton's approval.  The oil ad filter had not been changed for some time and Mr Lewton asked us to complete an oil change, which we did! In closing, I have offered to pick up Mr Lewton's vehicle, return it to our facility, re-install all of his old parts, that can be replaced, and return his money! This is an old vehicle with 285,000 miles. I asked him if he was sure he wanted to spend his money on this vehicle as it is not in very good condition, mechanically it runs and drives fine, but the interior & exterior condition are poor at best. I believe Mr Lewton has "Buyer's Remorse", which is not our fault! I  quizzed Mr Lewton about the viability of this vehicle and replacing it and he said it fits him, his dogs and the vehicle has strong sentimental value. WE MADE NO REPAIRS THAT WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY AUTHORIZED! His complaint of the radio and power door locks not working, I tried to explain that was most likely a blown fuse. Those items were working when it left here, after setting outside for months and now being used a blown fuse, or some other minor thing would not be suprising, all we can do is make the needed repairs, WE DO NOT POSESS A CHRYSTAL BALL! He was invited to stop by at his convienence and we would look at his issues while he waited, he declined and told me his car wasn't driveable, yet offered no explanation of why it is that condition. So I offered a Tow Truck. This is a secondary vehicle, not a primary. I may also add that Mr Lewton made an appointment early last week and he missed several appointments before the vehicle finally showed up for service.

Bob F. from Bob's Automotive responded on 05/07/2020

Mr Lewton had his 2000 Windstar TOWED in for repair. The vehicle had been sitting, not started or driven for months. His stated desire was to make it safe and reliable again. We performed a complete vehicle inspection and identified several areas that needed repair & service. ALL repairs were verbally authorized before ANY WORK WAS STARTED! I explained each repair needed to Mr. Lewton and when he picked his vehicle up and paid the bill he offered no complaints, in fact he thanked us for the prompt service getting him in right away, even though he missed a couple of appointments. We found both right side tires and wheel were damaged and needed replacement and the tires on the car were in need of replacement as well. The vehicle spare had previously been put on the right front because the tire and wheel had been damaged beyond repair. We had a set of Windstar wheels and tires that were in very serviceable condition, and MR Lewton agreed for us to replace his original tire & wheels. When the right front & right rear wheels were damaged, apparently whatever Mr.Lewton hit also caused the right front Sway Bar End Link to be damaged, due to the high mileage we recommended replacement of both front end links and Mr Lewton agreed and approved the repair. The left door lock would not unlock all the way, therefor when the door was shut the lock would re-engage. This caused Mr Lewton to be locked out several times if he left his keys in the car. This was caused by the Door Lock Actuator having excessive play, this was replaced with his approval. The battery was 5 years old and would not accept a re-charge, Mr Lewton authorized replacement. The Air Filter was dirty and the filter box had the remains of a rodent nest, we had replaced the the Fuel Filter 40,000 miles previous and that filter was still on it, so we replaced both with Mr.Lewton's approval.  The oil and filter had not been changed for some time and Mr Lewton asked us to complete an oil change, which we did! We spoke to Mr Lewton and asked him to bring the vehicle by at his convienence and we would look into the deficient areas of his complaint, but he refused and stated the vehicle is undriveable, but he is driving it! Because of Mr Lewton's complaint, I have offered to pick up Mr Lewton's vehicle, return it to our facility, re-install all of his old parts, that can be replaced, and return his money! This is an old vehicle with 285,000 miles. I asked him if he was sure he wanted to spend his money on this vehicle as it is not in very good condition, mechanically it runs and drives fine, but the interior & exterior condition are poor at best. Mr Lewton stated "The vehicle has sentimental value". I believe Mr Lewton has "Buyer's Remorse", which is not our fault! WE MADE NO REPAIRS THAT WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY AUTHORIZED! His complaint of the radio and power door locks not working, I tried to explain that was most likely a blown fuse. Those items were working when it left here, after setting outside for months and now being used a blown fuse, or some other minor thing would not be suprising. WE DO NOT POSESS A CHRYSTAL BALL!

KH
Kristi H.
04/25/2020 Category: Service
Kristi said she always receives great service here.

Mark G.
04/25/2020 Category: Service
Mark said this business did a great job.

MARY W.
04/16/2020
Thorough
I appreciated that my car was thoroughly looked at even though I only thought of a few things. I feel that they look out for my safety. While it cost more than I expected, I know that potential issues that could leave me stranded are now taken care of. I also received advice on what would need repair at a later date.

Lynn S.
Lexus RX
04/14/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Jackie. She said she was very happy with the servicer.

SO
Sam O.
03/31/2020 Category: Service
Sam said he is happy with this business, the employees seem to know what they are talking about.

Julie M.
03/27/2020 Category: Service
Julie said she was pleased with the service.

MO
MARGRET O.
La Center, WA
Dodge Avenger
03/14/2020
Quality service, parts, workmanship and great owners that care about your car as well as the person!
Bob's Automotive is the only place I will take my vehicles, I have been going to them for about 16 years now and have never once been disappointed with anything! They are kind, caring and the quality is superb. The mechanics are wonderful, smart and very good at there jobs! The best place in the Northwest for automotive repair! Keep your vehicle in top running order and go to Bob's for excellent service. You won't regret it!

SR
Stephen R.
Granite Falls, WA
Chrysler Sebring Sdn
03/04/2020 Category: Service
Stephen said the service at this business was attentive to details, honest and communicated very well.

Josh G.
Kia Sedona
03/03/2020 Category: Service
Josh said that their customer service and work are very good.

Brynn H.
Scion xD
02/22/2020 Category: Service
Brynn said this business did what was needed and it was done in a timely manner.

Stacie H.
GMC Yukon
02/14/2020 Category: Service
Stacie said the staff was friendly, did a good job and she was not overcharged.

SARAH W.
Subaru XV Crosstrek
02/08/2020
Great and honest service.
We have been using Bob’s Auto for over 8 years and are very happy with the honest service and quality work they give to everyone. I think they are the very best and I give them a 10 out of 10 star rating (10 being the highest rating).

LK
Lefty K.
02/08/2020 Category: Service
Lefty said that things went fine at the place, they fixed it and he was happy.