Latest Review about 1 hour ago

NM
Namon M.
Chrysler 300
06/09/2017 Category: Service
Namon said this business wasn't welcoming. They were focused on money.
Bob F. from Bob's Automotive

Mrs. Martin called us on the moring of 7 June and asked if we could get their car in for an Washington State Emissions Waiver. She stated her husband had already worked on the car, but there were several codes that didn't mean anything and they didn't want to fix it because it would cost too much. As I was asking her some questions, that she didn't know the answer for, she handed the phone to her husband. He said he was owned a truck repair business in Ridgefield and he worked on the car, scanned it with a "code reader", repaired it to the point it was running good and he just wanted as waiver. I told him to bring it in, we were busy, but we would fit him in on that day. The wife dropped the car off and that afternoon we brought it in and started going through the prescribed Washington State Procedures for Emissions Repair. "Code Readers" only provide basic Federally Regulated Emissions information, where as we use a computerized scanner that costs $15,000. We found Mr. Martin's vehicle has 7 codes stored in the system and 3 were for basic engine operation, which is necessary for the electronics to operate efficiently. They are Metered fuel, Metered air and Metered spark. without these three system operating as desigend any electronic emissions sensor information will be unreliable. Mr. Martin's Chrysler had unmetered air getting into his engine. After performing a Non-Toxic Pressured Smoke test of his intake system we found the Intake Manifold and the EGR Valve to be leaking. I called Mr. Martin and explained this to him and gave him an estimate for the Intake Manifold repair, the EGR was new he had just installed it, the brand was one I would NEVER USE cheap Chinese knockoff! Mr. Martin responded very firm and insistant that he only wanted a waiver. So I had our Tech continue his testing and finish the job. We spent nearly 1.5 hours on Mr. Martin's car, we followed the Washington State Law to the letter (they set the minimum charge at $150.00, not us) We gave Mr. Martin his money's worth and then some. He was billed $176, sales tax and fees are not a waiverable expense! He got a full explanation of what was wrong and why certain steps needed to be done in order to prevent replacing parts that function, but are currently, just getting incorrect info. Mr. Martin came flying into our lot on his "Harley" right before closing, to get his vehicle. He came in trying to act like a "tough biker"  Through his money on our desk, said "Is this what I need" as I was getting his change, asked for the keys, gave them to his wife told her to go on, looked at me and said "This is all I get for my money? What did you do" I started to explain we did exactly what he asked for and what we found out, he called me a F--N thief and stormed out. Got on his Harley pulled into the street, off to the side where gravel is still laying from the winter and proceeded to spin his tire throwing gravel on the front of one of our customer's cars chipping the windshield. I am 66 years old and I have been in business here since I got out of the service 24 years ago! If I was "all about money" as Mr. Martin said, I would have ripped people off for enough by now to retire, but no I'm still working every day and I enjoy what I do. I and our Technician's are "Trained Professionals" the attend 10 hours of training every quarter to stay current in this industry. We have the best and latest equipment on the market, because we want our customer's vehicles to be serviced and repaired correctly. So to anyone that reads this, IF ALL YOU WANT US TO DO IS PROVIDE YOU WITH THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A WASHINGTON STATE EMISSIONS WAIVER, PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! DON'T COME HERE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS MAKING YOU! Now if you want our services, we are happy, ready and willing to help you. I believe the other 600+ good reviews on here will attest to that and show what we are all about!
For God, Country and All Veterans
Bob Ford

Matt C.
Infiniti QX56
06/09/2017 Category: Service
Matt said they provided great service and it was easy. Bob is a good guy and he will work with him again.

Janet C.
Woodland, WA
06/07/2017 Category: Service
Janet said this business is very knowledgeable, very fair and she will not take her vehicle anywhere else. She said she is very happy to have found this facility. They will have all her business from now on.

David M.
Mazda Tribute
06/03/2017 Category: Service
David said this business is convenient and they got the job done quickly.

B.J. M.
05/31/2017 Category: Service
B.J. said this business is local, close to his home and convenient.

Mike C.
05/26/2017 Category: Service
Mike said his experience at this business was super simple. He pulled in, they took his vehicle right in, and completed the service quickly, which he appreciated. He would definitely recommend them.

NF
Nels F.
05/24/2017 Category: Service
Nels said he would recommend the business for service.

PM
Paul M.
Mazda Protege
05/23/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Trish. She said she had to take her vehicle back to this business, because the light came back on.

Jeff D.
05/20/2017 Category: Service
Jeff said the staff was helpful, and they went out of their way to fix his vehicle on a tight schedule. They also advised him of repairs that could be done in the future.

RP

SD
Steve D.
Madras, OR
05/12/2017 Category: Service
Steve said the business is prompt. They went above and beyond. They worked after hours on his vehicle.

BL
BRYAN L.
Chevrolet Corvette
05/11/2017
Corvette is HAPPY
Bob's art of the carburetor has brought new energy to "Vette"

Daniel G.
Chevrolet Aveo
05/10/2017 Category: Service
Daniel said this business was not able to repair his vehicle. They provided great customer service.

DONALD M.

RD
ROSEMARY D.
Kia Sedona
04/29/2017
Bob always does a good job quickly at a fair price whether it is just an oil change or a major repair

CARL H.
Dodge Dakota
04/29/2017
Quick appointment
I called Bob's about an oil change and a front wheel bearing replacement. I was told I could bring it in anytime. I decided to drop it off that evening for work the next morning. The work was done that afternoon by the time I was off work for me to pickup. It sounds and drives much better. I am very happy with the service I get at Bob's.

PT
Patricia T.
Acura MDX
04/26/2017 Category: Service
Patricia said the business completed the service in a timely manner and the price was good.

Kelley M.
Chevrolet
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Kelley said this business was honest fair. They took good care of him.

LJ
Larry J.
Ford Expedition
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Larry said this business did everything he needed them to do, they were friendly and good.

Ashlyn B.
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Ashlyn said this business did a good job.