Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

EH
Emmaline H.
Mercury Mountaineer
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Emmaline said this business did a good job.

Shirley M.
Orangeburg, SC
BMW 318i
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Shirley said they provided the service she needed and got her back on the road.

Debbie H.
Volvo S60
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Debbie said this business has good service. They provided her with a loaner vehicle while her vehicle was being repaired. They checked her vehicle thoroughly.

VT
Virgina T.
BMW 750Li
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Virgina said this business provides great customer service. She could still eat since the prices were not outrageous. They are a great group of people who she enjoys working with. She has been going to them for a very long time. They care about her and her vehicle.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 07/28/2014

Hey Virgina, thanks for the kind words! You know we always have something to eat here if you get hungry!Ha ha,thanks again.

Joesph M.
BMW 335i
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Joseph said the work provided by the business was very good.

PS
Pam S.
07/11/2014 Category: Service
Pam said she had an enjoyable experience. The business was friendly, professional, and provided good customer service.

VH
Van H.
Blythewood, SC
BMW 330i
07/09/2014 Category: Service
Van said this business is timely and efficient. The staff performs high quality work.

Courtney H.
West Virginia
Volkswagen Tiguan
07/09/2014 Category: Service
Courtney said they were very nice and helpful. They were honest.

SCOTT M.
West Columbia, SC
BMW 135i
07/06/2014
Honest and excellent work
Had an emergency repair and Brown Motor Works fit me into their schedule and provided a loaner car

GL
Ginger L.
Mercedes-Benz 300D
06/30/2014 Category: Service
Ginger said they are very personable.

Tim B.
BMW 325xi
06/30/2014 Category: Service
Tim said they fixed his problem.

STACEY H.
05/08/2019
Customer service was exceptional the service personnel was very knowledgeable and friendly ,my wait time was minimal would definitely go back again
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 05/08/2019

Thanks so much for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.

Graniteville, SC
Jaguar S-TYPE
03/07/2019
Its NOT GREAT.
I TOOK MY CAR FOR ONE THING AND THEY CALLED ME AND LIED TELLING ME SOMETHING ELSE WAS WRONG SO THEY COULD FIX IT. SCAMMERS THATS WHAT THEY ARE!!!

Mercedes-Benz C230
03/04/2019
RIPOFF
My first time going to Browns was back in October,2018. SINCE THEN I have been back to brown about the same issues repeatedly and every time they call me back to get my car they tell me everything is perfectly fine. I have probably been to Browns a total of 10-15 times back to back. Only things I had issues with was my alignment, and an oil leak. THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! 2 issues and I been back there TOO MANY times. At this point i’m furious I was told my oil leak was fixed and they checked it replaced the valve cover gasket but I could still smell burning oil as I drive I take my car back multiple times about this and each time they tell me “it’s just residue no leak” but this time I go back now I need a new cam shaft I get that changed i’m picking up my car and now “the whole housing has several leaks” my dad asked for a quote and the man literally told me i’m not going to give you a quote ..... why? I definitely asked for one unless what you telling me to get fixed is a lie. But no quote ok. I first went for an alignment “you need all new tires before we can do that” I had new tires in the front so I go get brand spanking new ties and get them put on December take my car back “your rear row is out and we don’t know why” (I recently got back suspensions done ) got that corrected take it back for alignment they do it, but something just ain’t right I go back tell them it’s off “nothing wrong with alignment you need new front tires” ABSOLUTELY NOT it is new “well the passenger side needs air” but everything is fine. This was probably January now. It is now March not even 4 months of driving with my BRAND NEW tires they are COMPLETELY BALD ONLY ON THE INSIDE due to my tires dragging. And mr front desk tells me well we said your rear tow was out. I HAVE BEEN HERE 10 TIMES SINCE THEN DO NOT PLAY WITH ME BECAUSE YOU GUYS SUCK AT YOUR JOB AND YOUR MECHANICS ARE TRASH! i’m completely disgusted with this shop once they figure out what they did to my car I will NEVER BE GOING BACK and I will advise anyone else not to go either. Would’ve been 0 stars if I could.

Thanks :)

02/21/2019
Bad service and even worse diagnostic
I brought my car to BMW for what appeared to be an issue with the intake manifold dampeners. The technician Scott said that I needed to have the entire intake manifold replaced. Leroy gave me the part number but when I looked it up, it wasn't even for my car. Furthermore, the part doesn't even house the dampeners. I was quoted $2600.00 to fix it. When I asked to speak to the technician, I was told that I would have to do it in person as they do not come to the phone. When I arrived, the technician was nowhere to be found. I was then told that the owner would call me back. He never did. The issue was caused by a vacuum leak and was easily fixed for less than $5. I will never take my car there again.

KAREN B.
02/04/2019
Unimpressed
I was referred here by a local auto parts store for an oil change. I promptly got an appointment for the next business day. During the intake, I told the friendly gentleman at the front desk that the car would require a larger than usual gasket, and I twice declined the customary after service car wash due to a very recent paint touch up and detail job,.
Somehow, none of this information was conveyed to the mechanic performing the service, who was surprised when the regular sized gasket would not seal the drain plug, then promptly sending the car to the car wash following the service.
When I spoke to the nice gentleman at the front desk who wrote the invoice which showed all of my concerns, he said that he did not see any of this as being a big deal ...this is how we always do things regardless of customer concerns mentioned on the invoice.
My concerns are that if I could not trust them to follow simple instructions, I am very scheptical that the oil change was done in a proper manner ...only time will tell ...no apology given

JAMES P.
Mercedes-Benz E350
01/09/2019
not so great
was never able to talk with anyone who could explain what was wrong with my car. was not given the broken part or shown the replacment part. holidays contributed to long wait time for repair. apppeared too me that Brown had all the business it needed or wanted. I could see no advantage of Brown's service over Phillips where I have had my car serviced in the past.

KC
Kathy C.
Blythewood, SC
MINI Cooper
03/22/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with John. He said the prices were high at the business. They should not take advantage of women. It was ridiculous.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 03/24/2017

Sorry you feel that way but I'm a little confused by your comments. All service and prices were discussed with your wife prior to any repairs being done. We all have Mothers,wives and daughters here. I can assure you are prices are the same  for everyone.

JACQUELINE R.
BMW 750Li
03/18/2017
I can't comment on how they service cars, but you need to get a 2nd opinion, especially if you are female
I was told I needed a $5000 rebuilt transmission for my BMW. Took it to another place, all I needed was to replace a broken seal that cost $400. I was told a diagnostic was performed, probably read the message the car gave and the description I gave because they would have found out what was really wrong. $110 lesson learned. So sad.