MJ
MATTEW J.
Mercedes-Benz S550
01/20/2021
POOR Customer and Vehicle Service
I had a noise and a radiator leak. Had car towed to Browns. The engine light came on when going into the shop. They fixed flywheel and left the leak per my instructions. They did not call me to say the engine light was on. I call to see if car was ready and no mention of the codes that were for a timing exhaust bank and general misfire. When I asked why they did not call me about the engine light. Scott told me he thought I knew about the light being on. My response was that it was not on when I had the car towed in. He said they do not do anything when those lights are on because I did not tell him it was. My response was that I should have gotten a call to say what they found. An engine light could be anything from something small to something major. They knew what the codes were and decided to take my payment and I did not find out about it until I went to pick it up. While getting an explaination of why he did not call about the light I was told that when people bring their car in to get the oil changed and a light is on the customer says don't worry about the light. This was trying to compair me having $1600.00 of work done to an oil change. At least he gives them the option to have the work done which I didn't get that chance. The lack of care and concern that I am driving my car away from Brown's with the engine light on is sad. I have been a customer for a few years but this type of service leaves me no choice but to find somewhere else to get my car fixed.

BMW 740iL
12/30/2020
Customer service is horrible!
No respect for people's time and money. Manipulative, unapologetic, unprofessional, unsure and unreliable. Terrible customer service!!

11/16/2020
Will never go back...
Decided to get another opinion after coming to get a $1500 job done only to be told another part had to be added to the job for an additional $600! I took all the paperwork to the new mechanic who informed me of basic procedures not being done so additional parts/labor wouldn't be necessary. This mechanic completed everything on your to do list plus more for $785!!! I have no issues and my vehicle runs like a dream! Needless to say he was tipped accordingly and gained a lifelong customer! I only wish I found him before BMW! I'd have saved thousands.

DAMIEN B.
INFINITI G35 Coupe
10/28/2020
Alternator CHECK
I went in for an alternator check and I was charged $120 just for a check. no one absolutely none of the staff were wearing masks inside the building. at one time I counted eight people inside of the office all sharing tortilla chips and salsa. I understand you cannot eat with a mask on but still that is absurd. There is signage posted that says they reserve the right to charge a diagnostic fee if repairs aren't rendered the same day but $120 is absolutely ridiculous. I've already had my alternator changed somewhere else and do not recommend business with them.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 10/29/2020

Mr.Barber I am sorry about the misunderstanding on the diagnosctic charge.I bo belive it was explained to you that if the alternator was replaced the $120.00 would have been part of the repair.We do need to pay our techinican for his time he spent diagnosing the vehicle.

JEREMY G.
10/22/2020
First Time and Last Time Customer
Dont understand the charges. Seem to be repeative charges. If the hose is molded and you replace the hoses why two different prices. Complementary Wash please don't ever wash my car without my permission. Probably won't be returning. Great customer service. Charge for 2 hoses not even 3 inches long that I identified and the only thing you have to remove was a snapped on engine cover. I don't see how its $683.14

SG
SHERRICKA G.
Saint Matthews, SC
08/20/2020
Service was ok but don’t half wash and dry my car and if you don’t have armour oil for the tires don’t wash it all. And don’t give me attitude when I call you out for not drying my car i pay enough money treat me as such!!

DONALD D.
Volkswagen GLI
08/12/2020
Car is still at your shop
My son’s car has been at BMW since the last week of June. It has been brought back on 3 separate occasions. I never receive a update on the status of his vehicle unless I call. It seems as if Leroy and Scott are indifferent when I do call, what kind of customer service is that? It is 08/12/20 and my son’s car is still in the shop, practically the entire summer.

STACY H.
Jaguar S-TYPE
03/16/2020
*not great
Charged for replacing intake & actuator gasket while replacing sparkle plugs and core package when in same area as well as the labor operation covers R&R gasket sets. Catalytic Converter went from $385.00 to $585.00 for replacement and it's bolt on and not weld on. RA even tried to charge for diagnostic time even though I had needed repairs done.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 03/16/2020

Sorry to hear your disapiontment. The labor time for replacing spark plugs is 2.6 hours. We only charged you 1.0 to replace them and diagnosis the vehicle. We were extremly fair with pricing and diagnosis. Hopefully other shops will be as fair. Have a blessed day.

STACEY H.
05/08/2019
Customer service was exceptional the service personnel was very knowledgeable and friendly ,my wait time was minimal would definitely go back again
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 05/08/2019

Thanks so much for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.

Graniteville, SC
Jaguar S-TYPE
03/07/2019
Its NOT GREAT.
I TOOK MY CAR FOR ONE THING AND THEY CALLED ME AND LIED TELLING ME SOMETHING ELSE WAS WRONG SO THEY COULD FIX IT. SCAMMERS THATS WHAT THEY ARE!!!

Mercedes-Benz C230
03/04/2019
RIPOFF
My first time going to Browns was back in October,2018. SINCE THEN I have been back to brown about the same issues repeatedly and every time they call me back to get my car they tell me everything is perfectly fine. I have probably been to Browns a total of 10-15 times back to back. Only things I had issues with was my alignment, and an oil leak. THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! 2 issues and I been back there TOO MANY times. At this point i’m furious I was told my oil leak was fixed and they checked it replaced the valve cover gasket but I could still smell burning oil as I drive I take my car back multiple times about this and each time they tell me “it’s just residue no leak” but this time I go back now I need a new cam shaft I get that changed i’m picking up my car and now “the whole housing has several leaks” my dad asked for a quote and the man literally told me i’m not going to give you a quote ..... why? I definitely asked for one unless what you telling me to get fixed is a lie. But no quote ok. I first went for an alignment “you need all new tires before we can do that” I had new tires in the front so I go get brand spanking new ties and get them put on December take my car back “your rear row is out and we don’t know why” (I recently got back suspensions done ) got that corrected take it back for alignment they do it, but something just ain’t right I go back tell them it’s off “nothing wrong with alignment you need new front tires” ABSOLUTELY NOT it is new “well the passenger side needs air” but everything is fine. This was probably January now. It is now March not even 4 months of driving with my BRAND NEW tires they are COMPLETELY BALD ONLY ON THE INSIDE due to my tires dragging. And mr front desk tells me well we said your rear tow was out. I HAVE BEEN HERE 10 TIMES SINCE THEN DO NOT PLAY WITH ME BECAUSE YOU GUYS SUCK AT YOUR JOB AND YOUR MECHANICS ARE TRASH! i’m completely disgusted with this shop once they figure out what they did to my car I will NEVER BE GOING BACK and I will advise anyone else not to go either. Would’ve been 0 stars if I could.

Thanks :)

02/21/2019
Bad service and even worse diagnostic
I brought my car to BMW for what appeared to be an issue with the intake manifold dampeners. The technician Scott said that I needed to have the entire intake manifold replaced. Leroy gave me the part number but when I looked it up, it wasn't even for my car. Furthermore, the part doesn't even house the dampeners. I was quoted $2600.00 to fix it. When I asked to speak to the technician, I was told that I would have to do it in person as they do not come to the phone. When I arrived, the technician was nowhere to be found. I was then told that the owner would call me back. He never did. The issue was caused by a vacuum leak and was easily fixed for less than $5. I will never take my car there again.

KAREN B.
02/04/2019
Unimpressed
I was referred here by a local auto parts store for an oil change. I promptly got an appointment for the next business day. During the intake, I told the friendly gentleman at the front desk that the car would require a larger than usual gasket, and I twice declined the customary after service car wash due to a very recent paint touch up and detail job,.
Somehow, none of this information was conveyed to the mechanic performing the service, who was surprised when the regular sized gasket would not seal the drain plug, then promptly sending the car to the car wash following the service.
When I spoke to the nice gentleman at the front desk who wrote the invoice which showed all of my concerns, he said that he did not see any of this as being a big deal ...this is how we always do things regardless of customer concerns mentioned on the invoice.
My concerns are that if I could not trust them to follow simple instructions, I am very scheptical that the oil change was done in a proper manner ...only time will tell ...no apology given

JAMES P.
Mercedes-Benz E350
01/09/2019
not so great
was never able to talk with anyone who could explain what was wrong with my car. was not given the broken part or shown the replacment part. holidays contributed to long wait time for repair. apppeared too me that Brown had all the business it needed or wanted. I could see no advantage of Brown's service over Phillips where I have had my car serviced in the past.

KC
Kathy C.
MINI Cooper
03/22/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with John. He said the prices were high at the business. They should not take advantage of women. It was ridiculous.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 03/24/2017

Sorry you feel that way but I'm a little confused by your comments. All service and prices were discussed with your wife prior to any repairs being done. We all have Mothers,wives and daughters here. I can assure you are prices are the same  for everyone.