Dan H.
Canonsburg, PA
09/24/2019
Really bad service
Worst experience ever. Took a car in to get it inspected. Through the process they broke my radio and caused a power steering light to come on. When I took it back to get it fixed they refused to make either problem right. Did not fix the radio they broke and said they were not goin to. Did not fix the light issue. Actually told me to take it to the dealer, but it wasn’t their responsibility. I actually heard the manager laughing as I left. I would have given them a zero if I could have. What a rip off. Buyer beware with this place. Definitely get a second opinion before going here. Shame on them for doing such poor business. They offered to follow up but just continued with the run around and didn’t lift a finger or accept responsibility.

GF
GARY F.
Lawrence, PA
Lincoln MKX
11/15/2017
don`t like first come...would prefer a time
ordered wrong tires....put them on took them off, had to come back...day shoot
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 11/20/2017

Gary,
So sorry for the confusion.  As we go into our busy season, it becomes a challenge to satisfy every customer, every time, although we strive to do our very best.   With 20 or more cars dropped off at night for tire work the next day, in addition to the walk-in customers,  the challenge becomes greater.  We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.

RP
ROSEMARIE P.
Nissan Rogue
11/26/2016
Problem with purchase of tires and tried to cheat me on placing wiper blades when I didn't need them
Bought tires dec 23 I had my son go in to have tires put on Nissan Rougue. Problem with one of the tires and also was told I didn't pay which I did with Am Express Then had to go to store to find out they had replace my windshield wipers when I bought new ones the day I bought the tires from Nissan Dealership and told the salesman I spent over 50.00 on them to find out they took my new blades and replaced with your brand and try to charge me . I was very angry and said put my blades back on. I followed the sales guys to the garage and I said where's my blades? He said they were in the back office, so why weren't they in the trash but put in the back office? Someone is very dishonest . If I hadn't been told to pay for the wipers I wouldn't have found this out... very dishonest on what happened cause the blades would have been in the trash and not the back office. Very unhappy customer. Rosemarie Porter
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 11/29/2016

Rosemarie,

Sorry for the confusion you experienced on your last visit.  Thanksgiving week is our busiest week of the year and sometimes our days get hectic.
Your tires were ordered on Nov 23 and at that time Jason recalled that wiper blades were mentioned.  As a result they were entered onto the work order along with your tires.  Unfortunatley we did not know that you purchased wiper blades somewhere else. It is not uncommon for the tech to put old blades in the service office since our wiper blade vendor delivers new blades and often takes old blades for credit.
The problem with the tire happened when my brother noticed a flaw in one of the new tires.  We were able to replace that tire on Saturday, Nov. 26 when your son came in for the installation.
As for the confusion in payment, my brother was not aware that you had prepaid with Jason prior to Saturday.  This is not a common practice for us.  We always hold payment until the work is completed.
I can assure you that there was nothing dishonset about the wiper blade replacement.  We have been in business for 75 years and are proud of our reputation as you can see from the many positive reviews we receive.
Again, I apologize for any confusion you experienced.
Janine Calabro

CANDI, JOE S.
Volkswagen Beetle
12/23/2019
No comment
Not Good
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 12/24/2019

We are very sorry to receive this.  A response letter will be mailed.

07/01/2019
Simple Tire Rotation - Now Tire Pressure warning alarm constantly on
After rotating tires, the tire pressure warning alarm came on. Visually tires look fine. Filled tires to specs, which was not done by calabro after rotation. Reset system, however, light has come back on without any visual issues with tires.

MATT,MELISSA R.
Bridgeville, PA
01/18/2019
Disappointing
I booked an appointment for two purposes, both of which I'll address here. First was for tires. The individual I booked with was going to get off the phone without giving me a quote, which I pointed out. He said that we could address after the car was in. I expressed concern about stock, as I didn't want to have to bring the car back. He assured me that wouldn't be a problem. Of course, stock was a problem, so I had to leave the car an extra day. Second reason for appointment was manufacturer-recommended 100K service, which I noted when booking and also on the form when doing the key drop. I also mentioned that if it wasn't included in the 100K, I hadn't had the belts changed and wanted that done. When I picked up the car after hours and looked at the bill, no comprehensive service had been done. Not even an oil change. Instead, I was charged $45 for a "Safety Check." Which begs the questions, (1) if Calabro was unable or unwilling to provide the service requested, why wasn't I told up front; and (2) why was I charged for a service that I didn't ask for? I've been bringing my cars here for years, so I don't know how to account for the slide in service levels.
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 01/18/2019

Melissa,  Very sorry to hear of your concerns.  After talking with Butch and Ricky, my servce manager, they indicated that they both had conversations with Matt and he seemed satisfied with everything.  Matt preferred Michelin tires which were not the option we had in stock so he was willing to wait one day.  For more details on the safety check, which covers many of the issues on maintenance checks, I encourage you to call and talk to Butch since he has more details on the vehicle.  We do not want you to be disappointed and will do what we can to resolve your concerns. We always encourage customers to make a phone call for more specific information.

JZ
JACK Z.
Chevrolet Blazer
01/13/2018
bill is very vague. what exactly was done for the price? $95 for a front lube ?
Brakes still squeal and im amazed at $95 for a lube job.None too impressed !
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 01/15/2018

Jack,  The labor charge actually applies to the replacement of the tensioner that you provided, listed on the line below the labor charge.   The fittings were greased at no charge.
The noise may be coming from the rotors which I was told were not replaced because they looked new.  We installed ceramic brake pads as you requested which tend to reduce noise.

Please call and speak to Ricky, our service manager, if you have any additional questions.

BK
BRIDGET/MARK K.
Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW
12/15/2017
Convenient
The plasti dip on my wheels were all scratched off. And they put my wheel weights on the outside of my wheel instead of the stick on interior type. It’s a $80,000 vehicle?!.......
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 12/18/2017

Bridget,
We would certainly like to address this.  Feel free to bring it in to have the wheels rebalanced.  Mornings are best this time of year.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

CL
CAROLYN L.
08/30/2017
safety check
I am a relatively new customer. I had drien mycar over a foo high concrete barrier, so I asked if (1) the car could be checked for safety; (2) if the tire pressure could be checked, I was afraid I might have damaged the tires; (3) if the height of the driver's seat could be raised; I tried to do it, but was not strong enough. The man at the service desk was polite ad pleasant. He came back after a bit ad told me that the car was OK and that the driver's seat had been raised. I asked him if the tires had bee checked and he looked blank and then said the car is ok. I asked again, were the tires checked? ad he said, the car is OK. I am not really sure the tire pressure has been checked. I am glad you asked, because I like Calabro's, but it has happened before that minor requests are not well documented.
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 09/18/2017

Carolyn,
Sorry for the delayed response to your comments.  It is common practice to check all air pressure when a car comes into the shop, even though it was not documented. Had there been any noticable damage to the tires, it would have been noted.  I apologize for any confusion.   I also noticed that the above issues were addressed at no charge to you.  Hope all is well with your vehicle and we certainly hope to see you again in the future.

GB
GREGG, JAYNE B.
12/14/2018
Location & price
Keep prices low and people keep coming back
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 12/14/2018

Thank you for the response.

Carnegie, PA
12/01/2018
Oil change an tire rotation
We tried 3 times in the month of November to take our car in for a oil change and tire rotation and was turned away each time. After speaking with some man at the front desk, we were told to drop it off the night before and they would do it the next day. I was taking my lunch break to pick up and was told it still wasn’t ready yet! Really?! You’ve had it all day! We didn’t get to pick it up until after 4pm! We have been coming here for years and this was totally unacceptable.
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 12/03/2018

We understand your frustration.  November was by far the busiest month we have seen in years.  Every day we took in more cars than we could handle. Every day we worked on cars far past our closing time. We heard from other garages that they experienced the same.  Still that is no excuse for not servicing your car.  We apologize to you and all that were turned away.  If you can print this response bring it in for a free oil change the next time you need one.  We sincerely apologize.

Bridgeville, PA
10/27/2018
Just another garage
I am 68 year old and in my experience all Garages are petty much the same . I have dealt with some bad garages before but most are the same.
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 10/29/2018

Thank you for commenting.  We pride ourselves on good service so we hope to see you again when needed.

MARSHALL W.
07/26/2017
I like doing business here, but my recent service did not resolve my car's problem, to my frustrtion.
My hope was that Calabro's tech staff would correct the problem that was creating creaking and grinding noises when my car makes turns at slow speeds and/or on steep slopes. The bill amounted to some $650.00 to replace struts. While I trust that they replaced the struts, I am disappointed that the car still creaks in turns as before. I don't believe I got $650 of value from this service appontment.
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 08/03/2017

Very sorry to hear this.  I left you a phone message asking that we see the car again to resolve the problem.  We always want to know if a repair does not meet expectations, and given the opportunity to correct it before a review is published. We valvue our reputation for good customer service.  Please call us at your convenience.

JANICE P.
Lexus ES 350
11/13/2016
Repeat Trip
I had waited two hours for my car to have a front end alignment and four (4) brand new tires. I get in my car to drive away, and the tire pressure light comes on and the car is still pulling to the left. After going back, I have to wait an additional hour because the job, in my opinion, was not completed appropriately the first time. Even now, the steering wheel appears to be off a little bit, very disappointed.
Janine C. from Calabro Tire & Auto Service responded on 11/14/2016

Janice, so sorry to hear this.  I will be in touch so we can make arrangements to re-check the alignment.  Janine Calabro

CANDI, JOE S.
Volkswagen Golf
11/29/2019
Candy Stockhausen Beetle : Tire Light On
Joe Stockhausen: Tire Light On ; License plate light on ; Dash says 1600 Miles until next service? (Just there 11-25)

Joe