BF
BILL F.
Toyota Sequoia
09/18/2018
SMOG check
I took my 2010 Toyota Sequoia in for a SMOG check. Making an appointment online was a breeze. When I arrived, I was greeted outside the office by a Cartech employee, who welcomed me by name. I was very impressed. The work was performed in about 20 minutes, with all DMV paperwork electronically transferred for me. I could not have been more pleased with the overall experience.

ER
Great customer service and professionalism

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/16/2018
Overpriced and unknowledgeable
Due to the high ratings on Yelp and convenient location, I took my car into Cartech for stalling problems with my vehicle that happened the night before. Initially, I thought Tim was friendly and helpful, including his willingness to take my car in on a Saturday morning without an appointment, and options/steps on how to approach the stalling problem. However, after completing the service he recommended, I went home and entered the information on the RepairPal website, which provided a range of estimates from the lowest to the highest, for the same parts and labor on my vehicle in the local Irvine area. According to RepairPal, Cartech overcharged me by about $60 from the websites HIGHEST estimate, and that was after receiving a 5% AAA discount, which I had to ask for from Tim.

What is most disturbing though, is that I was verbally quoted by Tim an estimate of $1500 - $2000 for a "Timing Belt Package" that was supposedly due on my vehicle. He would not explain what the package included when I asked, which I thought was a lot of money and made me wonder if I should consider trading my car in instead for a newer vehicle. At the suggestion of a good neighbor who also owns a VW, I got a second opinion from his high Yelp rated VW Master Tech mechanic in Huntington Beach. The VW trained mechanic kindly told me that my 2009 Jetta DOES NOT HAVE A TIMING BELT TO REPLACE!!! I could not believe I was told inaccurate information at Cartech, who made me think I was going to have to spend up to $2,000 for an important service on something THAT DID NOT EVEN APPLY TO MY VEHICLE! Whether this was done intentionally or not by Tim, in my opinion it indicates he is either dishonest or at the very least, unknowledgeable about 2009 Jetta's. Thankfully, I found another mechanic to take my business to and was saved either $1500 - $2000, or thousands of dollars more a car loan for a newer vehicle. I recommend always getting a second or third opinion/estimate on your auto repairs, especially if car knowledge is just not your area of expertise. I will never return to Cartech.

AG
AJ G.
09/08/2018
Emissions test.
Fast. Super polite. A job well done.

LLOYD B.
Toyota Camry Solara
09/08/2018
I came in and was treated great the entire time. Tim was very friendly and i will definitely be back.

Jeep Liberty
09/07/2018
Smog check on my 2006 Jeep Liberty
Cheerful and efficient service; prompt to greet me; pleasant, clean and bright store and waiting area; close to my home!

MK
Mathew K.
California
Honda Accord Coupe
08/30/2018 Category: Service
Mathew said the person he spoke to was really nice, they kept him updated with phone calls when there were delays and about when it was time to pick up the vehicle.

Jill P.
08/30/2018 Category: Service
Jill said this is a very efficient business. The staff are all nice and she recommends them.

LE
Luis E.
Costa Mesa, CA
Honda Element
08/29/2018 Category: Service
Luis said he trusts the staff. They were pretty good and he really liked the service. They were welcoming, fair and trustworthy. It is an amazing business.

NK
Nasia K.
San Juan Capistrano, CA
08/28/2018 Category: Service
Nasia said that he would recommend this business for service.

LL
Liang L.
California
08/27/2018 Category: Service
Liang said he would recommend this business for service.

RK
Rejith K.
08/24/2018 Category: Service
Rejith said he was happy with the employee's service.

Calvin C.
Santa Ana, CA
GMC Savana Cutaway
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Calvin said he had a good experience with this business. The service was finished a head of schedule and the price was good.

Jefferey S.
Mission Viejo, CA
08/16/2018 Category: Service
Jefferey said they're good people

MZ
Maggie Z.
Acura MDX
08/13/2018 Category: Service
Maggie said everything was fine at this business. She recommends them.