Overall Rating 4.2903223/5Overall Rating 4.2903223/5Overall Rating 4.2903223/5Overall Rating 4.2903223/5rating 4.2903223
Overall Rating 1.90323/5rating 1.90323rating 1.90323rating 1.90323rating 1.90323

DA
Dominick A.
Port Chester, NY
01/21/2019 Category: Service
Sales good. Service not good
The sales department is great; yet had problems with the service department.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

Kathleen M.
Katonah, NY
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Waited too long with an app't
Very disappointed. Also there were other people who had an app't that were talking about how long everything was taking
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 01/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. We appreciate your business.

MT
Michael T.
Scarsdale, NY
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/06/2019 Category: Service
Lousy service/unnecessary charges
Dealership repair center charges for unnecessary work. When you decline the recommended work, they charge you to diagnose a problem in which you identified. It's like asking how much to repair a flat tire, then rejecting the work due the cost. Then being charged to diagnose that I had a flat tire. What a rip-off. to the exorbitant cost.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 01/07/2019

Please contact John Nunziata to speak about your last service visit at 914-831-1500. Thank you

Armonk, NY
01/02/2019 Category: Service
Strike 3 for Poor Service
Three times in and the car has ABS and traction control indicator lights on that were not on at the time it was brought in the first two times. Despite, this, I was informed that the repair would likely not be covered by the dealer. I was also told on the third time in that the car needed significant front end work at a cost of approximately $1500 when no mention of such needed repairs had been made in the prior two visits which occurred within just a few weeks before the final visit. Warranty repair to replace engine took too long. After several weeks of having this car in and out of Central Avenue Hyundai for related repairs, I simply cannot trust this dealer and do not have faith in the quality of its work.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

Please contact John Nunziata to speak about your last service visitat 914-831-1500

HB

Butchi P.
White Plains, NY
12/15/2018
Be aware
Untrustworthy...Quoted a price for a car on which i walked out. After back and forth agreed on a date and time and a price point. Asked to come in to sign. Arrived at appointment on time. Person with whom the appointment is booked is with another customerand came in after 01:30 hrs and told us the price cant be anything less than what was originally quoted on the first visit. Dont want to take names as i dont know their circumstances but totally unprofessional to make a customer travel all the way and then make him wait inspite of appointment and then quote the same price which i didnt agree to initially. Beware customers!!!!!!!!!!!

BP

Matthew C.
Dobbs Ferry, NY
12/03/2018 Category: Service
Put on the wrong tire
I had a nail in my tire and they put on a replacement tire that was the wrong size. It was noticeably smaller, yet nobody but I saw that. They had to put on my spare and have me come back later for the right tire.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

11/16/2018 Category: Service
Mirror installation
No comment
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 11/19/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

Damian R.
Bronx, NY
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Lies, lies and more lies
Took car for transmission service. First time I contacted them I was told the car would be ready in a week. A week after I called and was told that it wouldn't be ready for another week. These lies went on for 5 weeks. Every week I was promised the same thing. I even called corporate and they didn't help. Also lied telling me I would receive a call in two or three days and that I would be compensated for my troubles. They called me back 3 weeks later after the car was returned to me and didn't even mention compensation. Besides this, I'm also still waiting for a $250 check that was promised to me 2 years ago by John Molina. Dont believe anything they tell you and have them put everything in writing. Otherwise, be ready to be lied to.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Please contact John Nunziata to speak about your last service visit.914-831-1500

New York, NY
09/16/2018 Category: Service
Disappointing
While the service provided at this dealership has been acceptable, I have continued to be disappointed by long wait times (in spite of scheduled appointments) and lack of truthful communication about time frames. Due to these concerns, I will not continue to give my business to this particular Hyundai location.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 09/18/2018

RN
Roslyn N.
Port Chester, NY
2016 Hyundai Genesis
06/26/2018 Category: Service
Jon has really been helpful. I just hate my Genisis
Jon at Service is wonderful and has been very concerned with why I was so unhappy with my car

06/26/2018 Category: Service
Nothing
I again told u I am not a happy customer
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

DF
Donovan F.
Amityville, NY
2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/22/2018 Category: Service
Poor Management
I purchased a CPO vehicle and the rims were bent. The rims are still bent.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 06/26/2018

I spoke with the new GM and he will be emailing you.

TK
Taek K.
Irvington, NY
06/21/2018
Total lack of Due Deligence/no multi-point inspection, worst customer service, exorbitant labor price
I went there to fix very obvious exhaust system issue, but they fixed ABS light issue (company safety recall service item) for $700 by leading me to believe it would fix the exhaust system issue. They failed to provide the multi-point inspection report to me. And they blamed me for not having expert knowledge and therefore not properly stating and diagnosing, even though I requested multi-point inspection from their promotional coupon. Total lack of customer service, transparency. I won't recommend this place to anyone.

Irvington, NY
2007 Hyundai Azera
06/21/2018 Category: Service
Lack of due diligence, worst customer service, exorbitant pricing
ddd
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 06/21/2018

Mr. Kim I feel we did everything we could to rectify the situation that was fair for both parties. Customer service is our main goal and its unfortunate that we could not come to a resolution.

PM
P M.
06/19/2018
DON'T DO WHAT'S ASKED
Since Mike left, this dealer is not a good place to get your car maintained - go elsewhere!! Avoid frustrations and problems!!

John S.
05/27/2018 Category: Service
Not satisfied
Didn't feel they did the right thing that was needed to be done
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

Please contact John Nunziata about your last service visit

Maximino R.
04/25/2018
Hyundai of central park ave of hartsdale ny
Worst car dealer. Recommend toyota

PP
Patrick P.
West Harrison, NY
04/19/2018
Lesson Learned
Edited as of 4/19/18:
When I purchased the vehicle, it had 86,564 miles. I asked if the timing belt had been replaced, as it should be at 60,000 miles, and was told that if it hadn't been done before they received the car, they would have taken care of it. Tuesday 4/17/18, the timing belt broke while on my way to work, leaving me stranded for 4 hours on I-95 before it could be towed. When I left the mechanic that the car currently sits at, there were ~93,000 miles on the car. If someone is purchasing a used car from a dealership, I do not believe that it is unreasonable to expect to get more than 7,000 miles out of it, regardless of age. To anyone purchasing a car, please read both reviews I have posted and take into consideration the fact that initial impressions, no matter how good, do not last and will not help down the road if something happens to your vehicle.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I made an appointment to check out a pre-owned vehicle I saw online and have the car I was looking to trade in evaluated. Daniel helped me when I arrived, taking me on a test drive of the car and working with me on getting a value that I was comfortable with on my trade in. Daniel was very straight forward and honest with me when I went back to complete paperwork and helped me through the entire process. I purchased the car for a fair price and got an excellent value for my trade in. The next day after taking delivery, I noticed that there was a small leak underneath the car. I immediately called and they told me to bring it right in. John, the service manager, was extremely apologetic and informed me that it was only a seal that needed to be replaced. He personally took care of everything and I didn't pay a cent to have it fixed. Every staff member that I have interacted with has been kind and professional and I feel like they made what could have been a strenuous experience exceptionally easy.