Central Florida Transmission

Tony W. ReScore Review on 11/10/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Good Honorable Company"
The transmission work preformed by Central Florida Transmission was excellent and never part of the original rating, the original rating was due to a difference of opinion and the management team resolved the issue immediately. I will recommend this company to friends and will have more work done in the future on other automobiles.
Thanks, Tony W.
Service Date: 08/24/2016
Review Created: 11/02/2016 09:56 AM

Verified badge inactive Verified
"Terrible company, no Honor"
Terrible company, CF Transmission rebuilt a transmission for me and damaged a valve cover. One of their employees placed duct tape over the broken valve cover. The truck started smoking 4 days after picking it up from their shop, it was taken back to them within the week and they claimed it was someone else who damaged it.
Jim H. claimed the ASE Certified Master Technician, who I had work on it in January, 7 months prior, must have broken it.
These people have no Honor!
CF Transmission was paid approximately $1800.00 for the rebuilding of my transmission and refused to replace the $100.00 valve cover they broke. These guys chose to cover it up with duct tape and deny responsibility by blaming everyone else.
Terrible company! I pray the transmission they rebuilt last as promised, but not expecting it to.
Do yourself a favor and use another company who stands behind their work.
Service Date: 08/24/2016
Review Created: 11/02/2016 09:56 AM
Sean H. at Central Florida Transmission responded on 11/09/2016

The situation was resolved with the customer and a seperate review was written by the customer.  This is a copy of the seperate review completed a few hours later on the same day.

Tony Waters in Keystone Heights, FL on 11/02/2016
Honorable Company
The Manager Gary, A very honorable manager, took care of a problem I had with my Jeep. I will recommend these guys to everyone, the work was very good, the price was reasonable and the jeep was finished within the allotted time.

Sean H. at Central Florida Transmission responded on 11/11/2016

Please resend.  Customer waiting.

Sean H. at Central Florida Transmission responded on 11/11/2016

Thank you Tony for the Kind words.   We will see you on the next vist to take a look at the wiring harness of another vehicle.

Cleretta L. ReScore Review on 01/05/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Cleretta said this business fixed her vehicle and gave the insurance company all of the information needed to reimburse her. They took care of all the issues she had, and in the end, it turned out great.
Vehicle: Dodge Journey
Service Date: 12/14/2015
Review Created: 12/18/2015

Cleretta said the manager at this business was nice, but they did not fix her vehicle and she needs to bring it back. She has a ticking noise in the motor and the business recommended a flush, but this did not fix it. Her motor is still ticking. The mechanics told her it sounds better, but to her it does not sound better. The ticking sound is the same. She paid money to have this fixed and now she has to go back to pay more money when this should have been fixed the first time. The manager was nice, but the service was not good.
Vehicle: Dodge Journey
Service Date: 12/14/2015
Review Created: 12/18/2015
Sean H. at Central Florida Transmission responded on 12/30/2015

Cleretta, I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk with you on Wednesday 12/23/15. We have a 3rd party customer service follow up department and they are very quick to call our customers and ask about the service provided at the time. It is to my understanding that you are now completely satisfied and the problem has been fixed. After our discussion and further research on my end, you were referred to our shop by your finance company. Drive Time is a big client of ours and we handle a majority of their lot repair work and warranty repair work. When you came to our shop and found out that they were not going to cover the original repair you were frustrated. However, Drive Time has a policy and guidelines our shop must follow and sometimes can be a process. Our shop always recommends the less costly repair initially if we feel it will solve the problem even if you are a retail customer paying completely out of pocket. However, in your case it was a small repair consisting of an engine flush, new oil filter and oil along with the towing bill. The warranty company looked at it as preventative maintenance therefore not a warrantable repair. After the repair was complete, Chris had called you and informed you that the noise had not gone completely away and that there was a 30% reduction in noise and wanted you to drive it for a day to see if the noise went away. Once you paid the invoice and left our facility you noticed the noise and came back to the shop the next day. Unfortunately, our 3rd party customer service follow up department called you within an hour because the system notifies them upon closed out invoices. So when you rated our shop we were still in a process with you and the warranty company. The next day when you came back to the office Chris did get back on the phone with the warranty company and told them that the problem was still there and we needed to take the next step. That next step was some engine work and was approved for $483.80. After the work was complete the 3rd party customer service follow up department did not contact you. They viewed it as a recent visit within 90 days and do not want to come across as harassing our customers. Chris had also asked the warranty company and requested towing re-imbursement which I am personally working on with one of the warranty company supervisors. Cleretta, I want to thank you again for coming to our shop and for the great explanation.

WAYNE C. on 04/17/2018
"Great work but lack of communication"
There was a lack of communication with this visit. I have been here before and had my transmission worked on and there was great communication throughout the process. This time there was not so much communication. Let me explain, I had the starter solenoid replaced with I had no issue with that. I had an issue when I picked up my car and it wouldn't start. I went inside and the front desk person called a mechanic upfront to jump start my car and he explained the issue with car killed my battery and I understood that. I wish when this would have been explained to me before I picked up my car. I would have brought a replacement battery with me to put in. Instead I had to find a battery in a hurry because I was worried about shutting the car off and not cranking back up because of the battery issue.
Vehicle: Dodge Charger
Service Date: 04/14/2018
Review Created: 04/17/2018 12:26 AM
Roy M. on 04/17/2018
Roy said he is happy with the service they provided.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 04/16/2018
Review Created: 04/17/2018
Edward L. on 04/14/2018
Edward said that the staff were very personable and professional. It was a great experience.
Vehicle: GMC Sprint
Service Date: 04/13/2018
Review Created: 04/14/2018
Latrell G. on 04/08/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Staff is helpful, quality service , fast , reliable etc couldn’t have found a better place that’s to my friend Jon for sending me to central transmission "
From the time I walked in the door services was provided with different options on financial services if u don’t have all your money . They were hopefully with talking to me about everything they did to my vehicle and great warranty services. They provided services to me on getting my vehicle home when I didn’t have a ride .I gladly appreciated everything they did for me I will be going back . Y’all go check them out
Service Date: 04/02/2018
Review Created: 04/08/2018 04:14 PM
Latrell G. on 04/05/2018
Latrell said she loves the service, they were very nice and the quality of the work is good. The staff is nice, they took her home and she appreciates it. They are kind, friendly and helpful. Both Mike and Sean is very helpful, and the financing program is very helpful as well.
Vehicle: Kia Sportage
Service Date: 04/03/2018
Review Created: 04/05/2018
Paul E. on 03/19/2018
Paul said the employees provided really good service. They were helpful. They explained his completed work.
Vehicle: Ford Police Interceptor
Service Date: 03/17/2018
Review Created: 03/19/2018
Joao T. on 03/19/2018
Joao said the staff takes his vehicle in without an appointment and they do a good job.
Vehicle: Nissan Murano
Service Date: 03/17/2018
Review Created: 03/19/2018
Henry R. on 03/13/2018
Henry said he's happy the service.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 03/12/2018
Review Created: 03/13/2018
Kevin B. on 03/10/2018
Kevin said Gary is a good mechanic, and the service has always been good.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Am
Service Date: 03/05/2018
Review Created: 03/10/2018
Pablo V. on 03/06/2018
Pablo said they did a very good job.
Vehicle: BMW X3
Service Date: 02/22/2018
Review Created: 03/06/2018
Chase S. on 03/05/2018
Chase said the business did everything they were supposed to.
Vehicle: HUMMER H2
Service Date: 03/02/2018
Dominic P. on 03/05/2018
Dominic said the staff was very professional, the work was done and it was very good and had no problems.
Vehicle: Ford Police Interceptor
Service Date: 02/28/2018
James S. on 03/05/2018
James said the staff are trustworthy. They made the visit easy, and he had no issues. He said the staff made the experience painless and the service is good.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 02/27/2018
Joe S. on 03/03/2018
Joe said he had a great experience, and he will be taking his other vehicle to the business.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Vehicle: Ford Transit Connect
Service Date: 03/01/2018
Review Created: 03/02/2018 05:51 AM
Gerard V. on 02/16/2018
Gerard said the business did a good job.
Vehicle: Nissan Armada
Service Date: 02/10/2018
Review Created: 02/16/2018
Gregory H. on 02/15/2018
Gregory said the customer service was good at the business. They finished quickly, and he would recommend them to anyone. There is something off with his vehicle, and he has to bring it back. He has brought 2 other vehicles there, and everything was perfect.
Vehicle: Lincoln Mark LT
Service Date: 02/14/2018
Review Created: 02/15/2018
Viarely D. on 02/13/2018
Viarely said the business provided good service.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe