Overall Rating 4.5918347/5Overall Rating 4.5918347/5Overall Rating 4.5918347/5Overall Rating 4.5918347/5rating 4.5918347
Overall Rating 2.40816/5Overall Rating 2.40816/5rating 2.40816rating 2.40816rating 2.40816

11/24/2019 Category: Service
The service dept.
Our experiences purchasing vehicles in Plainfiel, was a terrible experience. Worst car adventure we've ever had. Joe was our salesman, and we were not pleased at all. He sold a car I wanted right from under me. Oh well, the service has been great. Thank you.
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 11/27/2019

Hello,
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill our our survey and for the five star review.
We apologize for you experience with the sales department. Thank you for continuing to use us for service on your Hyundai!
We hope yo see you again.
Happy Holidays,

TW
Tracy W.
Thompson, CT
11/15/2019
Horrible Service
I scheduled service and was checked in by BRENT who told me he was the manager. I had a problem with my gas range and told him it was intermittent and I filled up yesterday and it appeared to be working. He replied well there's nothing we can do if its working. I explained I was not a mechanic and wanted them to diagnose and also wanted to note on record because my warranty will expire soon. He said there is nothing that can be done if the warranty expires. I asked if I could speak to a manager he said I am the manager. I asked if there could be another Hyundai service in the area he knew of that may have the time to diagnose he said "NO". I said Ok I do not know why I am here then if you cant do anything and I have freed up the rest of your day. He then went back to drinking his coffee.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 11/18/2019

Tracy
After reading your review, I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your experience here at central Hyundai, and see if I can resolve your complaint about the low fuel mileage your experiencing with your 18 Elantra. There are a few things that can be done to help increase fuel mileage, but I would need a few questions answered about the vehicles maintenance history  first.
My apologies for the experience you had during your visit here at the service center, and I hope that you and I get a chance to speak so I may have the opportunity to try and resolve your concern.
I have left you a voice mail on your phone with my contact info, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Have a great evening, and thank you for being a valued customer of Central Hyundai.

Tim L
Fixed Operations Director
Central Auto Group

Carol S.
Ledyard, CT
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/01/2019 Category: Service
Great personnel
They checked us in and our problems found quickly.

11/01/2019 Category: Service
Writer and mechanic
They both did their jobs with a high level of professionalism and courtesy. We did not have the problems corrected due to the cost that was more than it should have been for the parts and labor. One part alone was quoted at $180 but could be purchased from a quality part vendor for only $70. I am a DIY senior citizen that is tired of working out in the weather on the gravel driveway under an automobile.

I DO NOT AGREE with your Terms of Service!
BRENT R M. from Central Hyundai responded on 11/04/2019

Hello Mr and Mrs Smith,

It was a pleasure speaking to you today about your recent visit. I am glad to hear that my staff took very good care of you as well as be professional through out your visit. We look forward to installing your control arm and alignment on wednesday. Thank you again for taking the time to talk to me and adress all of your concerns.

Brent Mattson
Central Hyundai

Alfred M.
10/30/2019 Category: Service
Fred
Service department is very good but I will not purchase another car from central Hyundai! Very dishonest management
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/31/2019

Alfred,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey and for giving our service department a great review.
I do apologize for you unfortunate sales experience. I greatly appreciate you still coming here for service on your Tucson and knowing that we are individual departments.
It is always a pleasure seeing you for service and I do hope we see you again.
Best Wishes,
Chelsae  - Central Hyundai Service

Tanya S.
2016 Hyundai Veloster
10/29/2019 Category: Service
Could be better
Wrote my comment in other boxs

10/09/2019 Category: Service
N/a
Vehicle service = Good
Customer service = Poor
BRENT R M. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/09/2019

I apologize for the recent poor service you have received judging by the two survey scores we have received. I attempted to give you a call to discuss this further to find out what exactly happened that deserved a low score. Could you please give me a call back at your convenience 860-564-4014. Thank You in advance.

Brent Mattson
Central Hyundai

Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/15/2019

We were hoping that you would contact us so we could discuss a resolution to your concern. If you would still be interested in discussing your service visit, we would love the opportunity to resolve your concern.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you for being a valued customer of Central Hyundai Service.

Hyundai Service Management.

Lee B.
10/01/2019 Category: Service
Chelsea
Chelsea
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 10/02/2019

Lee
Great to see you again. Thank you for choosing Central Hyundai to service your vehicle. Well see you at your next scheduled service.

Hyundai Service Team

Uncasville, CT
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/17/2019 Category: Service
Timely service
1 hour and 40 minutes for an oil change is too long!
In the past month my daughter bought a new car there, she was given the run around and lied to... She now has her vehicle which wont see Central again!

Wauregan, CT
08/21/2019 Category: Service
Service department
I payed for oil change and tire rotation. My tires were not rotated I have a Gouge in 1 tire and it's still on the same side and place.
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 08/27/2019

Hello.
I have tried to reach out to you a couple of times regarding your survey and comments.
I would really like to resolve this and put your concerns to rest.
Please call me at 860-564-4014.
Warmest Wishes!

08/16/2019 Category: Service
Very disappointed
While the receptionist was very friendly and pleasant the experience was not great. We were told to return in 45 minutes. We returned a little over an hour later and was told we were all set. I had requested the "managers special" which included a car wash among other services. My vehicle had not been washed. I told the receptionist and she apologized and said she would have someone take care of it. We waited about 15 minutes and she said we were all set. When we went to get the vehicle it was dripping wet and had not been washed but rather appeared to have only been hosed down. I was very disappointed and wonder what else on the "manager's special" had not been done (checking and topping off fluids?).
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 09/10/2019

Hello,
We apologize for the miss communication when your vehicle was in for service and the lack of a car wash.
As stated before we would be happy to verify the complete service was done for you at your convenience with an additional free car wash.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

2019 Hyundai Veloster
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Service department
The service department at this dealer is great never had an issue. But anytime I'm looking for a new car or end up purchasing one there is always a delay of some nature. My most recent purchase took over a month for the old car to be paid off and almost 2 months to receive new plates for my vehicle. Other dealers take 2 weeks tops.
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

Hello!
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey, and I greatly appreciate the five star review even though you were not happy with your sales expedience.
I hope we see you again for service.
Warmest Wishes!

Darien C.
2013 Hyundai Genesis Co
06/08/2019 Category: Service
great service
They had to order tires...took a few hours but they offered a loaner car...
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Great to see you again Darien. Thanks for the 5 star review. Well see you at your next service.

Hyundai Service Team

05/24/2019 Category: Service
Good customer service
The girl at the counter who took my information was great. Very pleasant and once my service was complete she took the time to go over all the repairs making sure I understood.

05/24/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I really wanted the free car wash that I was told I would receive- my car was not washed.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 05/31/2019

Thank you for emailing me back. As discussed, here is the re score response. Thank you for being a valued customer.

PD
Phil D.
Canterbury, CT
05/14/2019 Category: Service
Disgusting
Would never recommend the service department. My car was brought in several times and still not fixed . Resulted in my lost wages and frustration
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 05/16/2019

Phil
This concern with your vehicle is not your everyday vehicle issue. Currently we have spent several hours on this and possibly have found it. We will find out when you come in to drive it with a tech. We have also provide you with alternative transportation at no charge. The enterprise deposit is 100% refunded when the rental is returned. Your frustration is understandable, but the advisor and the techs are working very hard to figure this out for you. You are a valued customer here at the dealership and I hope you don't let this unusual noise that were chasing stop you from coming in for normal service. If there is something you would like to discuss, or you need assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to call me. I will do anything in my power to assist you. Just know were chasing a unusual noise that is nothing short of uncommon. But we will figure it out.
With that said, I hope you can re-score this review more fairly now that some explanation has been presented.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Tim L
Service Director.

Alfred M.
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Service department.
Service department good and honest. Sales manager very untruefull. Could have leased two vehicles for what my lease is! Will not come back here when my lease is up
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Alfred,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey, thank you for the five start review, and for not holding my skills and customer service against your unfortunate sales experience.
I try very hard on a day to day basis to do the best I can for my customers and to treat them the way I would expect to be treated bringing my own vehicle in for service.
I hope we will see you again in the future for Service.
Warmest Wishes,
Chelsae - Central Hyundai Service Department

NB
Nicole B.
05/08/2019 Category: Service
Never again!
I broke down in front Larry Auto, pulled the car in and he plugged in the machine to read the check engine.. Coli 1 was misfiring.. Seems simple...I call the dealership and asked if it was cover under warrenty, he said he would have to diagnose it to give me an awnser. So i bring it in 2 days later for them to not have an idea of what is wrong with it. I did remind them that the other place said it was coil 1. It was suggested to get a fuel injection clean and that it MiTe clear it up. Another 2 days later...same problem. 180 dollars later on a 2 year old car, and its not even fixed.
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 05/09/2019

Nicole
Please accept our apologies for the experience you had at this service visit. Please contact me so we can arrange a resolution for your vehicles issue. There will be no charge for this, your vehicle is still under warranty, also I will process a refund for you for the fuel injection service that did not fix your vehicle. if an outside service center happens to scan the vehicle, please do not let them clear the code. it is important that the light be on, and or the code is stored.
I give you my commitment that if you contact me and set an appointment with me, i will ensure a master tech performs the diagnostic's on the vehicle, it will be repaired correctly, and it will be at no charge to you.
I look forward to hopefully hearing back from you so we can resolve your complaint.

Tim
Service Director

05/07/2019 Category: Service
Incompetent
They don’t have mechanics here just an “IT” department that doesn’t know how to trouble shoot. God forbid they might have to look under the hood if the computer doesn’t tell them what’s wrong..
Tim L. from Central Hyundai responded on 05/09/2019

Please contact me at your earliest convienence so we can discuss your concerns and arrange a resolusion. You have my commitment that if you come back, that it will go to a master tech for proper diagnostics. While IT is a part of todays auto diagnostics, it also takes old fashion mechanics to tie it all together. We do have master technicians that can resolve your concerns. There will be no charge for this repair, and your rental refund has been processed from your original visit. Please allow us to earn your trust back.
I look foward to hopfully hearing back from you.

Tim
Service Director

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
A simple oil change should not take 90 minutes. No other services were provided. If it was not free I would not have my oil changes done there.
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 04/26/2019

Hello,
I do apologize for the time it took to service your car. Oil changes do take between 45 minutes and an hour due to all the extra services we provide that come along with the oil change. We provide a full complimentary multi point inspection, check and top off all fluids, reset tire pressures and rotate tires if necessary, and test batteries on every vehicle that comes into our shop. If oil changes took 20 minutes we would not be able to provide those services to our customers. And we strive to be the best.
That being said there is always room for improvement and we will definitely work towards making sure our team flows smoothly so that your oil change is done in a timely manor.
I do hope we see you again for service on your Hyundai.
Best,
Chelsae & Central Service Hyundai Team

Michelle P.
Laud By Sea, FL
04/19/2019 Category: Service
not a good experience
At this time I would not recommend them nor will I go back to them for an oil change. They charge full price but they only did half the work
CHELSAE R D. from Central Hyundai responded on 04/24/2019

Michelle,
I have tried to reach out to you in order to resolve this. I have not been sucessfull in doing so.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I do want to fix this and make the situation right.
I can be reached at 860-564-4014
Chelsae - Central Hyundai Service Team

WF
Walter F.
02/11/2019 Category: Service
Good service people
Service was good
DONALD P R., Service Manager from Central Hyundai responded on 02/13/2019

Walter, Thank you for taking the time and filling out the survey. We hope to see you again soon.