Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5rating 4.5227277
Overall Rating 2.34091/5Overall Rating 2.34091/5rating 2.34091rating 2.34091rating 2.34091

John K.
Garland, TX
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Service response was excellent
I received a call in response to my review today about a computer issue on my 2017 Sante Fe. The service person, Steve Bentley, assured me that when I can bring the vehicle in they can investigate any potential issues with the computer. The service at this location is good. I will take the vehicle in in a few weeks after I have had a chance to see if the issues continue and I have a day off.

12/04/2019 Category: Service
Just moved one electronic problem for another - 2017 Sante Fe Sport
First, I hate recalls. Why can't the Manufacturer get it right the first time before they make 50,000 cars. I had a recall on the need for a computer update. The service took over an hour and now there seems to be other electronic type "quirks" that I did not have before. Before, if the engine was running and I tried to walk away from the vehicle, it would beep. Now, nothing. Before, I could get out the car and lock it using the button on the handle. Now it is hit and miss. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it just beeps as if the engine it on and the door will not lock, even though it it not on. That is all I have noticed "so far". Who knows what else to expect. The frustration is having to go back and waste more time getting it right or just living with it unless it gets really bad.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 12/04/2019

I would like to thank you for taking the time to talk to me today about your recent service experience and how in the future we can improve our customer service. We use these surveys in every aspect to help improve your service experience and provide our customers with a 5 star experience on every visit every time. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if your vehicle is functioning in a less than normal manner and we will address it with as little inconvenience to you as possible.

June F.
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Problem solved and gracious response
Sam M. has been my go to service person. When the problem with the headlights was not taken care of he made sure it was. He has been courteous and efficient. Chalk the problem up to defective lightbulb.

11/20/2019 Category: Service
Problem not fixed
Brought car in for headlight replacement. The same warning is on and lights are dim as when I brought it in. Driving with brights to see at night.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/25/2019

sbentley@comeseeclay.com
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/27/2019

I would like to thank you for your kind words about my team member Sam and your 5 star review. We always strive to provide a 5 star experience on every visit every time.

GS
Gabriel S.
Forney, TX
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Satisfaction achieved
Management and Service Team are Excellent!!! An issue was presented to Management and they came through and went above and beyond to correct the issue and keep a customer satisfied!!! Thank you Barry, Steve and Sam. You guys know how to keep a customer Happy and Satisfied!!! Will highly recommend your dealership!!

08/08/2019 Category: Service
Car repair
Service staff has been exceptional!!! Mechanical results have been below average!!! The vehicle will be in for repairs for the 4th time in less than 6 months and the issue has not be repaired!! The reason for purchasing a new vehicle is to avoid mechanical problems!!! Time to take this issue to the next level and file for Lemon Law protection!!
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/09/2019

We strive to provide a pleasant 5 Star experience to every customer every time, I'm glad we met your expectations on your visit. I'm very sorry to hear your vehicle is not repaired. I appreciate you taking the time to speak we me today and hopefully we can resolve this situation to your satisfaction when you come in tomorrow.

PB
Paul B.
Sunnyvale, TX
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Oil change/tire rotation
The work requested was performed.

07/30/2019 Category: Service
Oil change/tire rotation charged more than stated.
I drop my car off for an oil change and had a $5 off coupon. The coupon also stated tire rotation on it. I handed the coupon to the technician and asked how much it would cost. He said $45 minus the $5 coupon. When I picked up the car, the invoice was $79. The tire rotation cost $25. I could have gotten the tires rotated at no cost at the tire dealership where I purchase tires. When I went to put the invoice in the glove compartment on home, it opened all the way spilling the contents on the floor. Whoever had removed the cabin air filter, didn't put it back. The cabin air filter compartment cover also was not reinstalled. The two pieces that keep the glove compartment from fully opening also were not reinstalled. I had to go purchase a new cabin air filter to install.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 07/31/2019

Paul, I would like to apologize for you recent service e experience and also taking the time to speak with me this morning. I understand your frustration not getting the vehicle back like it was when you dropped it off. I also assure you this type of work is not what we do here nor will it be tolerated from my employees. Our goal is to provide excellent service to every customer on every visit. Again thank you for taking the time to speak with me and I look forward to seeing you on your next service visit.

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Alright
Supposedly they reached out to me but I never received a call or email. Oil change was done good as usual. A bit pricey but I guess if you want the good synthetic oil you have to pay for it.

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Too Pricey
Prices have gone up since last year and probably will keep going up. I’m done here.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/10/2019

I have been trying to reach out to you to discuss your recent service experience. I would like to talk to you and see what I can do to resolve any concern or any issues you have experienced. Please feel free to call me at 972-722-6365.

KN
Kay N.
Lavon, TX
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Sam was very helpful!
Sam, the service advisor was very helpful and provided me with a car to use while mine was being fixed. He was very courteous and understanding.

06/04/2019 Category: Service
I feel the person who did the work on the car should have seen the red light when the car was driven up front.
Mixed. Service manager was great. I was left unsure about the mechanic.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/06/2019

I wanted to thank y ou for taking the time to speak with me today about you recent service visit. Your feedback will help us improve in the future and we appreciate you coming to our dealership. Making our customers happy is always our priority.

WC
William C.
Fate, TX
03/25/2019 Category: Service
Good Experience...
I previously left a review referencing a not so perfect experience my daughter supposedly had while trying to make an appointment for a recall repair. After some extra digging on my part, I have discovered that the facts are different than I originally thought. So, if that review is still hanging around, please ignore it.

Anyway, Clay Cooley personnel did a great job. Steve, the Parts/Service Director, called and apologized for an issue that I now believe was not Clay Cooley's fault. Steve: Thanks for calling me and I apologize for creating a problem about an issue that probably does not exist.

In the actual service appointment, everything went well and my daughter was especially happy with John in Service. We have worked with John many times and he is always highly supportive, quick to resolution and friendly.

03/25/2019 Category: Service
Far From The Best
Since the former Young Hyundai was acquired by Clay Cooley it has been obvious that there are stress points among the staff that were not there before. We have bought three cars from this dealership in the last three years. I am not sure we will be back.

In this particular event, we received a recall on my daughter's car (2016 Sonata). I asked her to make the appointment and take care of it. She called the dealership with the recall notice in her hand. A man (she does not recall his name) was extremely abrupt with her, did not properly try to determine the info on the recall and ended up telling her 'Why don't you call back when you know what you want' and then hung up. My wife then called the next day and made the appointment because my daughter did not want to be treated that way again.

The actual service appointment went well and she was very pleased with 'Bob'.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 03/25/2019

William, I would like to take the time to thank you for speaking with me today on your daughters recent service visit. I can assure you our mission goal is to provide a "5 Star" experience every time. I apologize where we fell short, but again thank you for speaking with me and resolving any issues you experienced.

Janice C.
Crandall, TX
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Sorry, my last survey was mainly directed at the sales experience. I was dissappointed with that situation. Was NOT meant for Sam in the Service Department. As stated in my first review, the tire issue may be a coincidence. Sam is great. He asked that I bring my car back to fix the tire, AT NO CHARGE. Sam is conscientious, attentive to your needs and seems to be very honest. I highly recommend you ask for Sam as your service writer. Thank you, Sam. I hope you are with Hyundai Service forever.

02/05/2019 Category: Service
Service and Sales
"Not sure" needs to be added to some questions. On Jan 29 2019 I had the "Ultimate Oil Change" which included tire rotation, and front left tire repaired ($20). Sam was the service writer, very nice and helpful. I was told a nail was found. Two days later I noticed the left front tire lost air again and have already had to add air. Could be a coincidence and another nail or tire was not properly repaired. Today is my only day off and first chance to have repaired by a local tire store. SALES: While waiting on my car I looked at new cars. A salesman asked if I was interested. After a few questions and 2 hours discussing a deal--I have excellent Hyundai credit as well as with other lenders--I have learned even more about interest rates. If a dealer wants my business, the interest rate will be 0 to maybe 3%. Thank you.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 02/05/2019

Janice I want to thank you for taking the time out today to speak with me about your recent service experience and where we fell short in meeting your expectations. I want to assure that your feedback is vital in helping us to improve in areas where we do fall short. As we spoke on your next service we will meet and exceed your expectations of our service department. Again thank you for your time.

Regards,
Sam Macababbad

Royse City, TX
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/28/2019 Category: Service
Good
I was happy with the service provided. Next time just would like someone to go over my review paperwork and let me know if anything is wrong with the car or what they found. I go by that on getting things fixed. I assume if it was a immediate need someone would have told me. Thanks

01/28/2019 Category: Service
Good
Did what I asked in a timely matter
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 01/31/2019

Ms. Younger my name is Steve Bentley and I am the NEW Service Director here at Hyundai of Rockwall and first of all let me welcome you to our dealership and also let me apologize where we fell short of receiving your 5 STAR SCORE. I have tried multiple times to reach you to speak to you about your recent survey and to see what I personally can do to resolve this to your satisfaction. Please feel free to call me at 972-722-6428 to discuss the matter at hand and again see what I can do to resolve your concerns. I look foward to speaking to you.

LC
Linda C.
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Service for oil change
The service director called to apologize and wanted to make things right. Since this was the first not-so-great experience I have had with them, I will try them again for my next oil change.

01/24/2019 Category: Service
Service for oil change
I was told it was recommended to make an appointment for an oil change, but not required. I made an appointment and it still took one and a half hours for it to be done. Seems way too long for just an oil change, especially since I had an appointment.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 01/24/2019

Ms. Clark I want to thank you for taking the time out today to speak with me about your recent service experience and where we fell short in meeting your expectations. I want to assure that your feedback is vital in helping us to improve in areas where we do fall short. As we spoke on your next service we will meet and exceed your expectations of our service department. Again thank you for your time.

Regards,

Michael S.
Aubrey, TX
01/11/2019 Category: Service
Taking care of the customer - finally
Thanks to Steve Bentley - new Service Director - for taking on the issues that the previous staff had not delivered on and making the experience what is should be. Steve is a great addition to this dealership and hope to see him stay on and continue to exceed expectations.

Don't trust Clay Cooley
If you make a deal to sell a vehicle then stand behind what you promise; not allowing customers to speak to your General Manager is by far the worst way to run your business.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 01/14/2019

Michael, my name is Steve Bentley, I amd the NEW Service Director here at Hyundai and i have called you to help get the chip issue resolved. Please feel free to call my direct phone at 214-755-5805. I would love the oppertunity to get this issue resloved for you. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you but I assure I will get this resolved for you to your satisfaction.
Steve Bentley-Service Director

Ms. Stavinoha, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today and setting up an appointment for getting the paint chip resolved to your satisfaction. I can assure all items will be addressed when the vehicle arrives Wednesday.

KC
Kenneth C.
2008 Hyundai Entourage
Steve Bentley Made my day
Steve called me immediately with a request to discuss my concerns.
He followed up today and made it good. I appreciate that.

Unpleasant checkout esperience
See comments earlier

Mr.Channell, I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to me about your recent service experience. I am sure we will meet your expectations on your next service visit. Please feel free to bring your Entourage (HMA011031647 )in to redeem your free oil change on the next visit.

BR
Bertha R.
Mesquite, TX
12/18/2018 Category: Service

12/18/2018 Category: Service
People
Very nice
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 12/18/2018

Thank you for taking my phone call today. I appreciate you informing me of your issue with your wiper sprayer nozzel. As promised I ordered the part and I will call you as soon as the part arrives and then we will set up a time for you to come in . I apologize for the lack of follow up on our part but it will be taken care of for you .

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/25/2018 Category: Service
You see one way I another
Mr. B remembers nothing being mentioned about filters being discussed.

Regardless Clay Cooley cost is too high, well above the average. 40 bucks for an oil change, never again.

If you do a lot of mountain driving or heave towing, then a flush would be necessary. Under normal driving conditions, a flush is NOT necessary at 46K miles. The shops make money on flushes, that's why they recommend them. Most transmissions are good for 100,000 miles before requiring maintenance.

The cost to have your fluid changed by a dealer, service center or independent mechanic ranges from $80 to $250. The average cost is around $100 for both automatic and manual transmissions.

09/25/2018 Category: Service
Rip Off
Prices on all maintenance was over the top. Took in for simple oil change $300 later. Last time this happens to me.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/25/2018

Mrs B,

You and Mr B droppped your Santa Fe off that Saturday morning with Philip for an oil change and multi point inspection. The tech performed the multipoint inspection and brought the engine air filter and cabin filter to show how dirty they were he also said the rt rear brake lamp bulb was burnt out. At that point Philip looked to see what services were due at 72k ,after looking back in history on the previous services he found where the transmission service had never been performed and was recommened by Hyundai at 60k. He then made the phone call and spoke to Mr B about our findings and Philip explained about the items needed and if he wanted them replaced and serviced, Mr B approved the repairs and we performed all the services listed. Philip mentioned to me that when you arrived that your were upset at the repairs we made and Philip explained he went over them with Mr B and there was no problem.  I guess that Mr B did not talk to you about the repairs before you came to the dealership. You have always been a great customer to us and we would never compromise that with trying to sell you services of any kind that were not needed or if you did not want them performed. We look forward to continue to serve you in the future if you wish .   God Bless.

KW
Kent W.
Wills Point, TX
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/05/2018 Category: Service
Great service Department
Thank you Nathan for taking care of my problem.
A problem cannot be fixed unless you know about it.
I appreciate all you do and will be by next week for you to recheck everything for me.
I appreciate you handling my problem and making everything right.

09/05/2018 Category: Service
Last Service not as great as it always was.
I purchased my Santa Fe in 2014. I have always dealt with Nathan who is great.
This last visit I was upset because I brought my car in for 100,000 mile service. After I received my car back I looked at the check list and it said everything was ok except the Windshield Washer fluid.
I always take my car to NTB for tire balance and rotation after an oil change. They also do a check list. I was told I needed my Battery replaced and engine filter.
I went back to Hyundai service and Nathan checked my filter and said it was okay to my next service. He checked my battery and it did need replaced. Which I had him do. I take care of my car.
I was very upset because the technician checked my battery was fine. Which makes me wonder if he just went down the check list and checked it was okay without checking it.

I do not blame Nathan for this I blame the technician because he is the person that said everything was fine so what am I to believe. Was the service I paid for performed? I have never
doubted any service I had done there. Now I do not have the confidence I once had.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/07/2018

Mrs Wait
I appreciate you being aloyal customer to us and want you to feel 100% comfortable bringing your car to our dealership knowing that we are going to do what we say. I had a meeting with Nathan and he explained the details with me . I truly apologize for the multi point inspection not performed properly.  I just had a 45 minute shop meeting with all my Techs going over all the fundamentals of the multi point inspection.  I thank you for giving us a second chance, someone else may not. Nathan does a great job for us and our customers ,I know he was embarrassed about what happened.  Thank you for allowing me to address the problem.  God Bless.    After speaking to Nathan he told me to resend the survey.

Jeff F.
Royse City, TX
2015 Hyundai Genesis
08/24/2018 Category: Service
Service Department is great. Sales Department is worst I've ever dealt with
4 years ago, I bid a Hyundai Genesis with 4 dealers. Clay Cooley was highest by $4,700 and was not willing to discuss negotiation. I just went to trade in my Genesis for another. The only one that was in the color I wanted had hail damage and a busted back bumper as well as 3,900 miles. I was told that it would be discounted due to the miles and the damage. Imagine my shock when the MSRP price came out almost 5,000 more than the one I built on the Hyundai website. And it was Apples for Apples. I did my homework. Starting price was 7,000 more than the average truecar price. Rockwall discounted 4,800 for a still too high starting point. When I discussed all the numbers and what my thinking was, I was told that it was the best offer I was gonna get. 2 separate dealers were much more willing to discuss. Everyone shopping for a car knows going in the negotiation process is grueling and hopefully both parties walk away feeling like the got a good deal. 4 years apart and I get the same take it or leave it comment.

08/24/2018 Category: Service
Great Service Horrible Sales
If you want to get a Hyundai serviced you should go to Clay Cooley. If you are looking to buy a new car, or trade in for a new car, RUN far and fast.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/24/2018

Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Service Survey and your comments.  This survey is a report card on our Service Department and your Service Advisor Phillip , not the sales Department. I know you and Phillip just finished talking on the phone and have evrything cleared up about the survey . However I am truly sorry about the situation in the sales department, I apologize. We will always be here to assist you with any service need. Philip is look for a 5 Star score and a YES on Recommend Service please.

Deborah R.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Issue with insufficient credit for work not needed on 90,000 service was Resolved
The Service Manager, Selby Fuller who was with Young Hyundai, and I am pleased to see is still with Clay Cooley Hyundai contacted me. He gave me a more reasonable credit back for the services that did not need to be performed on my 90,000 mile service.

06/16/2018 Category: Service
Young Hyundai better than Clay Cooley
So far I'm not impressed with Clay Cooley. Young Hyundai was a better dealership
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/18/2018

Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to complete out service report card. I apologize for any miscommunication during your last visit here. I reviewed your repair order and found the error on credit of the two services that were not performed. the discount should have been 90.00. As per our conversation I am giving you credit for the 40.00 on your next scheduled service visit. i do not belive the calculation was malicious vs calculation error.   Thank you for speaking to me and we look forward to seeing you again.  God Bless.

LT
Leon T.
Mesquite, TX
06/05/2018 Category: Service

06/05/2018 Category: Service
retract previous survey
After being contacted, and discussing my previous reply I realized it wasn't dealership , that I was complaining about it was extra insurance clause that I had taken out. Thanks for setting me straight Leon Tackett
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/05/2018

Thank you for taking my phone call and visiting with me about your Service Maintainence Contract you purchased. I agree with you that is does not fit your driving habits since you do not put on very many miles each year. As per our conversation I will contact you tomorrow with the phone number to the Contract Headquarters so you can see if it can be canceled. Thank you for your time visiting with me.
God Bless. Looking for the 5 Stars.

Garland, TX
03/07/2018 Category: Service
Customer Service Outstanding / Body Shop Not So Much
Customer service representative was very helpful, professional, and communicated well. The issues I had were with the body shop not completing the work as quoted by the insurance company.

03/07/2018 Category: Service
Body Repair Service needs improvement
Took 11 days to complete a 3 day body repair. The repair was not completed as quoted. The quote required that the bumper be removed, sanded, and refinished. Instead the bumper was buffed out and the scratches were touched up. When I requested that the bumper be painted as quoted it took another 4 1/2 days to paint the bumper. It's hard to imagine that the repair shop didn't read the specifics of the quote. Also, when I picked up the car it was covered with yellow overspray and bird droppings.

The service manager was pleasant and seemed to do all he could to remedy the issues.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 03/08/2018

Thank you for your survey comments, I try to respond to each one and address any issue the customer may have. I would first like to apologize for the inconvience this may have caused you and the multiple times of the repairs not being complete. We  have no control of the body shop schedule, how many cars they are currently working on and how many cars they have appointments for. The insurance company gives an estimate on how long the job should take not taking in consideration of all the different variables involved. However we ( Phil) should have made a phone call to the body shop to get a realistic time frame on your repairs ( if he did not )  I agree it should not have taken the length of time that it did,nor should you have had to bring the car back multiple times. This service survey reflects on Phil not the body shop , if you would consider a rescore reflecting on how your were treated by him would be apprecitive. Not to take away your major concerns which I will address to the body shop manager.  We can only pray that you will return to Clay Cooley Hyundai and give us a second chance to redeem ourselves.  thank you for your time and God Bless.

Clay Cooley Hyundai

2013 Hyundai Tucson
02/27/2018 Category: Service
Great value
Did not realize all the things these guys do for just a oil change what a great value

02/27/2018 Category: Service
Good value
Good value
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 02/28/2018

I reviewed your service visit it looks like we sent your vehicle to wash after your service which caused the extended time for your service visit of aprox 1 hour. With the multi point inspection and oil change and car wash this about how long all three services will take. In the future if you wish for a little sooner return we can save the car wash for future visits, just let your advisor know at time of write up. We value your business and look foward to servicing your future needs.