Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5rating 4.5227277
Overall Rating 2.34091/5Overall Rating 2.34091/5rating 2.34091rating 2.34091rating 2.34091

June F.
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Problem solved and gracious response
Sam M. has been my go to service person. When the problem with the headlights was not taken care of he made sure it was. He has been courteous and efficient. Chalk the problem up to defective lightbulb.

11/20/2019 Category: Service
Problem not fixed
Brought car in for headlight replacement. The same warning is on and lights are dim as when I brought it in. Driving with brights to see at night.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/25/2019

sbentley@comeseeclay.com
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/27/2019

I would like to thank you for your kind words about my team member Sam and your 5 star review. We always strive to provide a 5 star experience on every visit every time.

James P.
09/14/2019 Category: Service
Service Dept - Poor this time
comments were stated in survey
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/16/2019

Let me first apologize to you for your recent service experience. I would like the opportunity to resolve our error to your satisfaction. I would like to speak to you at your earliest convenience to discuss a resolution for you. Please feel free to call me @ 214-755-5805. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sachse, TX
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Its just a switch!
brought car in for a faulty steering volume switch. left with air bag disconnected , steering incorrectly installed, codes not cleared off car and till this day(7/15/2019) still not fixed. car was in better shape before I brought in for repairs. that's just what I caught. might be more that I haven't noticed.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 07/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today about your recent service experience. I want to assure that I will correct the issuers you are experiencing with you vehicle. I look forward to meeting you next Monday and resolving all issues you are experiencing.

Richard H.
06/16/2019 Category: Service
Poor
Communication made before by telephone was ignored.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/18/2019

Mr. Hoaglund I have been trying to reach you and would like the chance to speak to you about your recent service experience and would like to see where we fell short of meeting your service needs and delivering you a 5 Star experience. We understand your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback. Your feedback will help us improve in the future. I look forward to speaking with you.

BA
Benjamin A.
Caddo Mills, TX
04/26/2019 Category: Service
Disrespectful
I had the lady argued with me and recommend I go to Honda and see if I bought my car there because I didn't buy it at Hyundai. After being left alone for 10 minutes she came back and said I had in fact bought it with them. Then I was denyed the oil change I was promised when I bought my car there.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 04/30/2019

I am sorry to hear about your recent service experience and all the confusion you experienced. I have spoken to the sales associate that was arguing with you and I can assure that in the future visit you will not have anything like that happen again. I have tried to reach you to speak personally with you. Please feel free to call me at 972-722-6365 and we can talk freely about any issues i can help get resolved for you.

LL
Lacretia L.
2014 Hyundai Tucson
04/23/2019 Category: Service
No one can fix the air conditioner
Terrible overall
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 04/26/2019

I'm sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations on your last service visit. I have tried to reach you about your service experience. Please feel free to call me @ 972-722-7428.

John F.
03/31/2019 Category: Service
Learned a very expensive lesson
We scheduled a 15k mike service appointment over the phone expecting the Hyundai required service to be performed (multipoint inspection, oil&filter service, tire rotation) which should cost around $110. When my wife dropped the car off the service advisor included every upsell option as the 15k service. My wife did not know the additional dealer optional services were not part of the Hyundai required service. The result is a $345 bill and a very expensive lesson learned. Transparency is not this dealerships strong suite.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 04/02/2019

I apologize for your recent unpleasant service experience, it is our mission goal to provide a "5 Star" experience to all of our customers and to be up front and communicate any charges before any work is performed. We always strive to be transparent in all service transactions and we always request permission to proceed before any work is performed. Again I apologize for any miscommunication that may have transpired on you visit.

Michael S.
Aubrey, TX
01/11/2019 Category: Service
Taking care of the customer - finally
Thanks to Steve Bentley - new Service Director - for taking on the issues that the previous staff had not delivered on and making the experience what is should be. Steve is a great addition to this dealership and hope to see him stay on and continue to exceed expectations.

Don't trust Clay Cooley
If you make a deal to sell a vehicle then stand behind what you promise; not allowing customers to speak to your General Manager is by far the worst way to run your business.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 01/14/2019

Michael, my name is Steve Bentley, I amd the NEW Service Director here at Hyundai and i have called you to help get the chip issue resolved. Please feel free to call my direct phone at 214-755-5805. I would love the oppertunity to get this issue resloved for you. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you but I assure I will get this resolved for you to your satisfaction.
Steve Bentley-Service Director

Ms. Stavinoha, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today and setting up an appointment for getting the paint chip resolved to your satisfaction. I can assure all items will be addressed when the vehicle arrives Wednesday.

KC
Kenneth C.
2008 Hyundai Entourage
Steve Bentley Made my day
Steve called me immediately with a request to discuss my concerns.
He followed up today and made it good. I appreciate that.

Unpleasant checkout esperience
See comments earlier

Mr.Channell, I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to me about your recent service experience. I am sure we will meet your expectations on your next service visit. Please feel free to bring your Entourage (HMA011031647 )in to redeem your free oil change on the next visit.

LT
Leon T.
Mesquite, TX
12/26/2018 Category: Service
customer service
lack of knowledge or take the ithe time to resove problems not blame it on someone who is no even there

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/25/2018 Category: Service
You see one way I another
Mr. B remembers nothing being mentioned about filters being discussed.

Regardless Clay Cooley cost is too high, well above the average. 40 bucks for an oil change, never again.

If you do a lot of mountain driving or heave towing, then a flush would be necessary. Under normal driving conditions, a flush is NOT necessary at 46K miles. The shops make money on flushes, that's why they recommend them. Most transmissions are good for 100,000 miles before requiring maintenance.

The cost to have your fluid changed by a dealer, service center or independent mechanic ranges from $80 to $250. The average cost is around $100 for both automatic and manual transmissions.

09/25/2018 Category: Service
Rip Off
Prices on all maintenance was over the top. Took in for simple oil change $300 later. Last time this happens to me.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/25/2018

Mrs B,

You and Mr B droppped your Santa Fe off that Saturday morning with Philip for an oil change and multi point inspection. The tech performed the multipoint inspection and brought the engine air filter and cabin filter to show how dirty they were he also said the rt rear brake lamp bulb was burnt out. At that point Philip looked to see what services were due at 72k ,after looking back in history on the previous services he found where the transmission service had never been performed and was recommened by Hyundai at 60k. He then made the phone call and spoke to Mr B about our findings and Philip explained about the items needed and if he wanted them replaced and serviced, Mr B approved the repairs and we performed all the services listed. Philip mentioned to me that when you arrived that your were upset at the repairs we made and Philip explained he went over them with Mr B and there was no problem.  I guess that Mr B did not talk to you about the repairs before you came to the dealership. You have always been a great customer to us and we would never compromise that with trying to sell you services of any kind that were not needed or if you did not want them performed. We look forward to continue to serve you in the future if you wish .   God Bless.

09/07/2018 Category: Service
Horrible
All they care about is making you spend more money
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/07/2018

Dear Sir,
Your daughter brought the 2017 Santa Fe in for service ,an oil change tire rotation and cabin air filter and multi point inspection.  We performed the services and inspected the car for any other issues , we put the car on the alignment machine and found the toe in out out of specs at the left front and left rear and mention to her about a fuel induction service. John gave her the benifits for the induction service and the alignment put back to specs. He gave her pricing and she oked the repairs ,never did she question pricing or needing to contact you for approval. We performed the services. Their was no tricks or misleading during the entire time. I am sorry you feel that way. Your daughter was pleasant and kind during the entire service visit.   God Bless.

Jeff F.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
08/24/2018 Category: Service
Service Department is great. Sales Department is worst I've ever dealt with
4 years ago, I bid a Hyundai Genesis with 4 dealers. Clay Cooley was highest by $4,700 and was not willing to discuss negotiation. I just went to trade in my Genesis for another. The only one that was in the color I wanted had hail damage and a busted back bumper as well as 3,900 miles. I was told that it would be discounted due to the miles and the damage. Imagine my shock when the MSRP price came out almost 5,000 more than the one I built on the Hyundai website. And it was Apples for Apples. I did my homework. Starting price was 7,000 more than the average truecar price. Rockwall discounted 4,800 for a still too high starting point. When I discussed all the numbers and what my thinking was, I was told that it was the best offer I was gonna get. 2 separate dealers were much more willing to discuss. Everyone shopping for a car knows going in the negotiation process is grueling and hopefully both parties walk away feeling like the got a good deal. 4 years apart and I get the same take it or leave it comment.

08/24/2018 Category: Service
Great Service Horrible Sales
If you want to get a Hyundai serviced you should go to Clay Cooley. If you are looking to buy a new car, or trade in for a new car, RUN far and fast.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/24/2018

Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Service Survey and your comments.  This survey is a report card on our Service Department and your Service Advisor Phillip , not the sales Department. I know you and Phillip just finished talking on the phone and have evrything cleared up about the survey . However I am truly sorry about the situation in the sales department, I apologize. We will always be here to assist you with any service need. Philip is look for a 5 Star score and a YES on Recommend Service please.

CT
Christopher T.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
08/01/2018 Category: Service
Never ever buy extended warranty had Hyundai of Rockwall
Bought platinum warranty but unfortunately when my car had a problem they told me I only bought power train warranty . Also never ever use thier service department . Zero continuity, if one person diagnose your car better pray that when you car to inquire about it that person is at work , otherwise you will have to wait until that particular person gets back . They are also unnecessarily expensive
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/01/2018

Christopher,

I am sorry that you are upset with our service process , I belive John answered all your questions for you more than once . Our dealership (Clay Cooley Hyundai ) did not sell you the extended warranty policy on our car. The previous dealer (Young Hyundai) sold you the extended warranty policy and you should have your copy of what you purchased. I am sorry that the "failed" part was not covered by the  policy. I visited with you when you arrived one afternoon and though I could not answer all of your questions about your car repairs ,I phoned John ( your advisor) and let you speak to him on my phone and answered all your questions.
Should you change your mind on our dealership we are here to serve you the best we can. God Bless to you.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
05/29/2018 Category: Service
charged for services I did not ask for
charged for services I did not ask for or need. Tire rotations comes free for me, that's $50 John cost me.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 05/30/2018

Mam,

I am sorry for the communication error between you and John. The write up sheet has your signature where you agreed on the services John spoke to you about and the total amount of the charges. You never mentioned to John about free tire rotations and the additional services are a ( fuel additive and oil additive ) benifit the life of your engine and fuel system. Your Tucson has 77,000 miles on it so additional maintence items are required to keep it running properly just like the transmission service we did in November 2017. I left a message on your phone , I am here everyday if you wish to speak to me .  We value you as a customer and want to continue to serve you .   God Bless.

2013 Hyundai Tucson
02/27/2018 Category: Service
Great value
Did not realize all the things these guys do for just a oil change what a great value

02/27/2018 Category: Service
Good value
Good value
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 02/28/2018

I reviewed your service visit it looks like we sent your vehicle to wash after your service which caused the extended time for your service visit of aprox 1 hour. With the multi point inspection and oil change and car wash this about how long all three services will take. In the future if you wish for a little sooner return we can save the car wash for future visits, just let your advisor know at time of write up. We value your business and look foward to servicing your future needs.

GG
Gregory G.
Sulphur Springs, TX
01/11/2018 Category: Service
took way to long for an oil change
took 2.5 hours for an oil change and I had an appointment. Not worth the free oil change to waste 2.5 waiting.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 01/11/2018

Gregory,

Thank you for your survey and your comments ,I try to read each one and respond accordingly. I was here on Saturday helping Phillip with custmers and moving cars from the drive to the shop. You brought you car in for an oil change and a car wash, after writing the repair order we found two recalls that were open on your car, one was Campaign 162 Engine Inspection. The campaign includes getting the car to engine operating tempature , putting a tiny microphone down the oil dipstick tube and record the engine running for any abnormal noises. At this point either the engine test will Pass or Fail.If it passes ( which yours did) then Hyundai will change the oil and filter on your car. This proceedure will take about one hour and fifteen minutes(1:15 ) The other was Campaign 169 anchor pretensioner inspection and label installation. We inspect the seat belt pretensioners and install a warning label on both front seat belt assemblies. After both of these campaigns were performed we did a multi point inspection and noted the front and rear brakes are good the tires are at 5/32 tread ,the left rear license plate lamp is burnt out and the battery failed our battery test.  Then we took your car to our car wash. You car was at the car wash area too long. I think the total time was 2:10 .  I apoligize for the extended amount of time and you are from Sulphr Springs and that is a long drive to Rockwall.  We should have explained the campaigns and the time involved to complete.  I am sorry for the incovience.  Thank you for coming to our Service Department , I pray you my give us another chance.   God Bless.

Clay Cooley Hyundai

AC
Aaron C.
2013 Hyundai Accent
11/01/2017 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
Clay Cooley Hyundai Rocks!!

11/01/2017 Category: Service
Frustrated
I'm frustrated my oil wasn't changed like it was supposed to be
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 11/02/2017

Aaron,

Thank you for your survey and comments. I just spoke to John about missing the "checked" oil change box on the night drop. Seldom do we ever miss this but I am sorry we did on yours . When your able to come back in we will change your oil and filter for no charge for our mistake. Please call John and let him know when you are coming in.  Thank you for your understanding. Look forward to seeing you soon.   God Bless.

Jennifer H.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
09/09/2017 Category: Service
Very promp service
Satisfied
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 09/11/2017

Jennifer

Thank you for your survey and comments. We appreciate you as our customer and look forward to seeing you again for your next scheduled service visit.     God Bless.

PS    If we gave you great service would you change your score from 1 Star to 5 Stars  please .

BG
Brenda G.
Forney, TX
08/14/2017 Category: Service
Service manager, John, does'n't know what he's talking about and was not professional.
John gave me false information and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. As it turns out, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Also, I was forced to buy parts to be able to get the covered part replace.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/14/2017

Brenda

As per our conversation this morning I am going to address all of your issues with the car . The a/c taking too long to cool when the tempature is extremely hot, the low tire pressure light continuing to come on , and the battery replacement per the clock spring replacement . I also  providing a free loaner car for Tuesday AM 8/15 for your convience. I will have the car inspected and report back to you of our findings. Thank you for the opportunity to address all of your concerns . I can only hope that my actions may mend our relations with you as our customer. God Bless. I will see you tomorrow.

Clay Cooley Hyundai