4.6

Overall Rating 3.3750038/5Overall Rating 3.3750038/5Overall Rating 3.3750038/5rating 3.3750038rating 3.3750038
Overall Rating 1.5000013/5rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013rating 1.5000013

BW
BROCK/STACEY W.
Chrysler Pacifica
10/20/2019
Tire repair
Very happy with the customer service I received from them. Had a nail in my tire, they got me right in and back on the road within about a half hour.

JOANNE D.
Buick LaCrosse
10/08/2019
Having a bad day?
Customer loyalty should at least warrant a smile and friendly answers, don’t you think? Will be thinking about finding a less expensive service center for the future—- if there is one. We shall see.

10/02/2019
Would not recommend
Was quoted a certain price. Then was charged more. Was told same day for tire, didn’t happen. Called to ask about it, whomever answered the phone was rude and dismissive.

Farmington, MI
06/28/2019
Terrible Experience! Liars!
I brought my car in to have it checked for loud noise, which I thought it was my muffler and exhaust. They charged me $25 to check it out and $1.40 for supplies, which they didn't do anything with supplies. The mechanic drove the car for 5 minutes and said it needed brakes and rotars, and it would Cost $750.....What?! I just had it checked last month by another mechanic and the brakes were only 50% worn down. So it couldn't have been that. Then they recommended shocks and struts are needed. What?!!! I just had that work done last month by the same mechanic that checked my brakes. This place only want to take your money, they're not professional. I left and stopped at a different shop and they told me what I expected...I had a hole in my exhaust and needed a new one!! I will never go back to this off brand Firestone shop. I was very disappointed in the service.

DA
DAN A.
Dodge Journey
06/26/2019
535 dollar oil change
I brought my new vehicle in for its first oil change and the car was damaged on the property of this business. The sales guys and mechanics knew it happened there and tried to say the damage was preexisting. There are no security cameras in place so do not leave your vehicle here unattended. 500 dollar insurance deductible and hours of police incident reports and insurance calls added up for this 535 dollar oil change. Never got a call from anybody about this issue. Look somewhere else for your car needs.

Detroit, MI
Jeep Compass
09/24/2018
Poor service
John was very dry and abrupt. His attitude was borderline rude. I was not comfortable asking him questions as he did not seem to want to be bothered. Additionally the tech did not know how to reset my system. I had to read the manual and do it myself. Also the tires were not inflated properly and after I inquired he said to drive it and see if the pressure went up. If not I could come back. Well it did not and rather than drive the 20 minutes to return I just inflated myself. I will only return here if no other Firestone is available.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 09/25/2018

Mrs Brantley sorry about poor attitude with my employee JOhn. Both the flat tire repair and oil change have warrentys. Please ask for Chris next time I will service your jeep, thanks and have a good day

Jennifer B.
04/20/2018
Reply to review
After my hassle for new wheels I was given a refund minus the cost of my warrantied tire that I still needed - $30, the new insurance on the tire - $10 and you charged me $10 to balance the tire you put in my trunk. Went down the road and found out the tire doesn't get balanced until it's mounted to the wheel. And the $180 wheels you discounted to $120 I could get down the road for $63. I feel as though you seen me as a woman that didn't know anything and I was taken advantage of. After 3 days of missed work and 4 trips for your mistakes I should have been refunded 100% and the tire thrown in for my troubles not ripped off by 10 bucks still. Lesson learned.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 05/30/2018

The first thing you said to me jennifer that day was thanking me for selling you the road hazard insurence. Secondly i tried selling you 1 wheel and road hazrd the tire for under $200. Felt insulted with women comment. Havnt been here 20 years with that going on!!. Sorry for hassle have a good day.

JENNIFER B.
Redford, MI
Pontiac G6
04/19/2018
4 trips hopefully they get it right
I am so frustrated. 3 trips to the tire place and I still have to go back later!!! No compensation for my trouble either. The guy ordered the wrong size wheels twice, now the new lug nuts there's a problem with. I paid for an alignment and my car drifts to the right now. Not to mention right after my alignment my wheel was crooked so they fixed that but it still drifts. They say they can't align the back because my bolts are seized. Then why did I pay for a full alignment?? My car wasn't drifting before the alignment. 😡😡😡😡
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 04/20/2018

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE JENNIFER. SUPER TIRE WILL BE GIVING YOU A FULL REFUND. PER CHRIS BAILEY OWNER.

TOM M.
Farmington, MI
Ford Expedition EL
02/21/2018
Under Review
I had $1,200.00 of break work done on the front tires only. They completed and everything seamed fine. 1 week or so later the truck shook very bad when breaking at 60+ MPH and the breaks were grinding. Come to find out the caliper on the passenger side was locking. I thought it was not cleaned and assembled right when going back together. I was told that the factory clamp that holds the flex tube was clamped to tight at the factory and was not allowing the break fluid return back to the master cylinder. But was only affecting that one side. WHAT !!! I never heard of that in all of my years working on cars. I'm looking into the matter to find out if I was told a bunch of crap or not. We will see........

AG
ASHOK G.
01/09/2018
Why such high environment fee
I had the windshield washer pump replaced in Ford Fusion 2014 - I was charged 1.5 hours worth of labor, which seemed high. However, I do not understand why I was charged $15 environment fee. I have never seen any auto repair shop charging this type of environment fee - the most they may charge may be shop supplies charges that would barely be $5. The person writing up the order refused to talk about it and said I must talk to the owner.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 01/13/2018

GARG THAT FEE HAS BEEN ON YOUR RECEIPTS FOR AS LONG AS YOU HAVE BEEN COMING HERE. 15 YEARS. IT IS A BUILT IN FEE ON ALL SERVICE TICKETS. THANKS FOR ASKING THOUGH

Bob M.
Oak Park, MI
12/15/2017
Unacceptably crude and rude manager
On Wednesday 12-13 around 3PM I was in the store on Middlebelt in Livonia to deliver parts. While I was there I witnessed one of the most horrendous verbal exchanges between the manager and a potential customer. The conversation involved an older lady trying to get her tires checked out during a wicked local snow event. The exchange between the manager and the woman customer quickly devolved into "I don't have time for you, I am not going to talk to you any more, will you please leave." Directly followed by "You can leave now!". Really? Yes! Really!
This sad exchange was nothing less than socially obscene! So much for customer service! If that was his mother or sister I hope that the texture of the response would be more customer oriented.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 12/16/2017

Bob, If you new what she had said to us BEFORE you came in and delivered your parts you may be giving a differt review. She was rude and troublesome. Thanks for your help.CHRIS BAILEY OWNER.

MIKE M.
11/12/2017
Very unhappy, reservoir still leaking
We brought our vehicle in because it was leaking fluid. Mechanic told us the water reservoir was leaking. He installed a new one but by the next day all the fluid had leaked out again. Now we can drive the car because the engine might overheat. My husband will be loading coolant into it in the morning just so he can get to work. Then he will have to load more into it after he gets back to the office so that he can drive over to your store again to have it looked at, which should have been fixed properly the first time. Really threw a monkey wrench into getting errands done this weekend, and now my husband Mike has to spend another evening over at your store getting it fixed when it should've been fixed right the first time. Very disappointed. Usuallythe work here is done really well, but it sure wasn't this time. Like I said, very disappointed.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/13/2017

Please bring back as soon as possible sorry for inconvience. I have old jug here with crack in it. Showed Mike the crack.

Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/16/2017

Glad mike brought the car back. Turns out no problem at all thanks

Donna W.
11/03/2017
Tune UP
I just had to have 4 spark plugs replaced at another service center because you didn't replace my spark plugs from the tune up I got from firestone lately. You should refund my money but you probably won't. Not sure when I had the tune up it was when I got the new water pump. I had an emissions thing replaced too.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/08/2017

Donna not sure why went somewhere else. Spark plugs were just done sept 2017 and under full parts and labor warrenty??

STEVE S.
GMC Savana Passenger
10/04/2017
Why did I have to pay for a tire repair?
I bought tires for 2 of my vehicals here. Never thought I would have to pay for a repair for a leak in my tire. That's messed up.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 10/09/2017

Tire rotations are always free!! Flat repairs are free when you purchase road hazard insurance. You did not. Thanks and have a great day!!

JV
JAMES/JENNIFER V.
Redford, MI
12/04/2016
Bad mechanics and service advisor who was kind but also not able to get to the bottom of our problem. I felt like they were all just guessing at the problem while I was getting fleeced for cash.
4 visits to get what ended up being worn rotors and bad calipers fixed. This was confirmed and fixed by a private mechanic once I gave up on Firestone. I put out over $2000 dollars in repairs that we probably didn't need because Firestone could not get the job done. Also I asked each time we came back for the previous repairs to be checked which if done properly would have detected the bad rotors and calipers. We also advised each time that the sounds we were getting only began when the car was warmed up and driven for a short time and that a 1 or 2mile test drive after its had been sitting cold would not be enough. Each time we picked up including the final pick up, withinn 30 minutes of driving the sounds began again and were loud enough for anyone to hear. I feel the previous repairs were never checked nor was the van driven enough for them to hear the actual sounds we were hearing. Overall a bad experience that costed me over $2000 before a private mechanic was able to diagnose and fix in 1 day.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 12/06/2016

Mr Vincent very sorry for not getting to bottom of your problem.Would like to offer refund of brake job done 10-4-16. Please call store 248-477-4840 or stop in and see chris bailey owner. Thank You!

DK
Debi K.
11/24/2016
WOW!
All Caps? I guess you are angry with me?
I didn't ask your shop to replace my fuel pump. I actually told them I suspected a fuel pump or timing belt from how it acted when it stopped. Then I agreed to pay $80 for diagnostics for your shop to determine the issue.
While you say that you are "GLAD WE DIDNT PUT IN FUEL PUMP YOU THOUGHT IT NEEDED." I am extremely happy that I didn't decide to junk my car when your employee told me that the engine was blown and gave out.

I guess I was wrong in thinking an apology would be something I could expect from an owner who had been in business for 18 years, but I realize customers come and go and obviously you don't see a need to keep all of us. like I said in my review, you guys appear to be a good choice for tires and basic oil changes.
I am sorry if you think my review was unreasonable, but I truly believe if the shoe was on the other foot, or your wifes, daughters or grandaughters, none of you would believe that your business is somewhere to take a vehicle for any type of repair other than tires.

When the staff on the property can't diagnose a problem but someone on the phone can, that more than likely is not a repair your shop should be trying to diagnose on that particular day and you should let your customer know you can't handle it, so they can make an informed decision. There is nothing wrong about telling the truth.

Debi K

11/24/2016
Over priced, educate yourself and be aware
I have been a customer of Metro 25 for a couple years. The first thing that drew me there was location to my home and they accepted a credit card that gave me 6 months same as cash to pay for major purchases. While I still believe this business is a good choice for tires or possibly an oil change, I believe it is an extreme dis-service to their customers to continue to charge what they charge for many other other repair jobs. While I learned awhile ago that their pricing was a bit higher than my old auto repair, I needed that 6 months same as cash option. This week I had an issue where my car stalled while pulling out of my driveway, I called metro 25, someone named John answered the phone, I asked how much the charge would be for a fuel pump, thinking it may be the problem, then I asked what the charge would be for a timing belt and he told me I just needed to have it brought in, they would look at it and give me pricing then. I decided to have it towed there. My car and I arrived there around 11:30, at 2:30 I asked the guy at the desk if they determined anything. He went into the shop to check and came back and said "he's looking at something on the computer. About 45 minutes later, two guys come in from the shop and appear to be in a bit of a disagreement, with one of them saying "I didn't spray that much in there". It looked like he had my distributor cap in his hand, but I am not sure. The guy at the desk went into the shop with them. Another 15 minutes later, they call me to the desk and one of them says "your engine is blown", I said "how can that be, I just drove it 100 feet out of my driveway"..he said to me "it just wore out". Then the three of them go back into the shop, the desk guy comes back and gets on the phone. About 10 minutes or so later the guy at the desk looks at me and says "Its your timing belt". At this point I think what the heck is wrong with this place? I asked the guy " are you sure its my timing belt, or are you guys guessing?". He tells me they are sure because "I just talked on the phone to my engine guy". Really? I think to myself. You have two guys looking at my car for almost 4 hours now and a guy on the phone knows what is wrong with it but the two in the shop you had tinkering with my engine gave up and said the engine is blown. So I wait for a price, I am told that the engine guy that was on the phone is pricing it out. Another 30 minutes passes and I am told $795. During my day spent in the waiting area, I had a lot of time to do some internet research learning more about the timing belt for my car model and year. I knew it was approximately a 4 hour job, the water pump should probably be replaced at the same time, and the seals should be replaced and, maybe a serpentine belt. The internet has a job estimator, I know this is not always accurate, but it said it should cost about $450 -$500 parts and labor.
Something I did forget to mention above is Metro 25 said they wouldn't have this "BIG" job done until after the holiday, possibly not until next Monday , which was 7 days away, because of the holiday week. I told them this is a no go. One guy pushed my car out of the bay and left it land where it did, seriously...I had to push it into a parking space myself. At this time, the guy that determined my engine was gone came out and said this to me "You aren't even having the work done here? This is a HUGE job, they (my other shop) don't know what they are saying, they will never have it done."
That is it for me with Metro 25, I paid that $80 diagnostic fee for them keeping me warm for 5 hours, broke up that gimick credit card in front of the guy writing me up, called a tow truck, had my car taken to the shop in Dearborn. And received the call that my car was repaired and ready for pickup at 5:30 the following day.
The other shop, replaced the timing belt, the water pump, the seals and both serpentine belts. I paid them $510 and have the receipt to prove it if anyone doubts my words.
Don't trust this shop with any type of work other that basic work...some of the guys working here and looking at your car have no idea what they are doing. There are also alot of shops that no longer charge the diagnosis fee, that you are used to seeing at a dealer shop. Be educated and be aware of what is going on. I had seen other signs of lack of integrity and ethics here before, although very minuete in comparison to this instance, but I let it slide because I liked that 6 months same as cash...That was where I went wrong.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 11/28/2016

Debi, THE CAR WAS DIAGED CORRECTLY JUST NOT IN TIMLY MATTER. GLAD WE DIDNT PUT IN FUEL PUMP YOU THOUGHT IT NEEDED. GLAD YOR TECH FIXED YOUR CAR. HAVNT BEEN IN BUSINESS 18 YEARS GUESSING!!!!!!!THANKS CHRIS BAILEY OWNER

NP
NANCY P.
South Lyon, MI
08/25/2016
Did they lie to me?
This Firestone (in Livonia, Michigan) told me I needed new rear calipers in order to get my brakes functioning properly. Since calipers are included in my vehicle's extended warranty I took my van to a Chrysler dealer who said the van's calipers did not need replacing and that they had not even been looked at by Firestone. So either the dealer or Firestone was lying. Since Firestone would have made more money by replacing calipers (that were fine), I tend to believe that Firestone was lying.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 08/27/2016

Hi Nancy this is Chris Bailey owner. I reviewed your work order and found calipers were reccomended because brakes were grinding and had uneven pad wear. We see many vans like yours and see this problem all the time. If dealer didnt replace calipers thats great but you may have same problem soon.  Havn"t been in business 18 years lying to our customers. Thanks and have a great day.

REBECCA M.
Garden City, MI
Chrysler
08/08/2016
unfriendly customer service.
Yes my car was completed in a timely manner. However I will not be returning. I can get an oil change anywhere but anywhere else will be friendly them the workers there. From the time I came in they didn't greet me, seemed annoyed by my presence daring to need something, didn't even look up from the computer. I came back to pick it up and stood there waiting to be acknowledged and nothing. Finally I asked about my car sitting outside and the man said "yea he will check you out" that man checking me out only told me the amount. Didn't even to say bye or have a nice day. No wonder I was literally the only car there.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 08/09/2016

Glad your van was done in timley matter. good price of $17 for synthetic oil change as well. Will have to work on soft skills thanks chris bailey owner.

RT
RANDAL/ROSY T.
GMC Yukon XL
05/27/2016
Not very thorough
Wife had flat as I left town. I filled tire with air to see where leak was. I easily found leak by sound of air and asked her to take car to shop where tires were purchased. Tech saw where rim and tire separated and diagnosed rim leak never looking for the very obvious hole in tread. Charged 20.00 and let her go and when she came back with flat tire asked what she ran over now? I Don't think they have my business anymore.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 05/28/2016

That was our oversight sorry. Would like to credit flat repair charge when you get back in town. Thanks CHRIS BAILEY OWNER

DAVID W.
South Lyon, MI
05/25/2016
Not so great experience, but here's a suggestion to improve
I brought my son's 2007 Ford Focus in to repair a flat tire, and then added service to fix his air conditioner, and to rotate his tires. Service was performed okay. I drove across the street to pick up my wife. In the parking lot, I walked around his car to see which wheel had the new tire. As I inspected the tires, I noticed that one of the plastic lug nut covers was missing. I picked up my wife and drove back to Metro 25 to ask for the missing lug nut cap. The service writer asked me to drive the car to one of the service bays. He came out and abruptly told me his mechanic said the lug nut cover was missing when I brought it in. That morning, as I took the keys from my son, I walked around the car and the lug nut caps were all in place on the three intact tires. The other four lug nut caps were in the rear seat cup holder, so I took them out and put them in the trunk with the flat tire so the mechanic would find them. I had accounted for all 16 lug nut caps, so I felt that the service writer and the mechanic were calling me a liar. This did not sit well with me at all. I felt that the mechanic was probably careless and misplaced one of the lug nut caps. The only other explanation was that a lug nut cap came off on the 5-mile drive from my home to Metro 25. I also noticed after I got home (still fuming) that the lug nut caps were not turned the 1/16th turn needed to lock them in place. This bad feeling I have now for Metro 25 can be avoided in the future for other customers if you follow this suggestion: If you or your mechanic notice any missing parts, point them out to your customer before you start work. That way there won't be any misunderstandings. I probably won 't be back to Metro 25 for tires or service on my own vehicle, but I cannot answer for my son. I think he may still bring his car to Metro 25 in the future.
Chris B. from Metro 25 - Firestone responded on 05/26/2016

Glad to see service was ok. Sorry you feel that way. You wouldnt know but those caps are very hard to deal with. Not a good design at all and are problems at many shops. That was a tire tech not mechnic repairing your tire. Thanks and have a nice day CHRIS BAILEY OWNER