WW
Williams W.
Nissan Xterra
10/15/2020 Category: Service
Williams said the business sold him a bad battery, he did not have any issues with his vehicle until he took it to them. They have good customer service, but they did horrible service. He would not recommend the business for service.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 10/19/2020

Ok so we replaced your starter and told you the valve cover gasket was leaking oil on it and you didn't want to fix that. Then you came back and the starter was bad due to being saturated with oil then you had us fix that. Then you came in and we sold you a battery which we did not charge to install. When you came back and we determined the battery was bad we warrantied it. Both checks you wrote to us bounced and you closed the account we found out when we went to your bank with them. So we would prefer that you did not come back anyhow. I think that any rational person can clearly see that the majority of our reviews are very good. Sorry for such a strong response but people need to know the whole story before they get the wrong impression of a business. We will always do our best for our customers and adress any issues with our repairs in a timley manner. Thanks.

TK
Trevor K.
07/21/2020 Category: Service
Trevor said when he first went to the business he was told that the part was going to cost $50 and that it would fix his vehicle. They ended up ordering the wrong part and it was more expensive and he had to pay a total of $511. He would not recommend this business for service due to this issue.

Mercury Sable
11/08/2018
Not what I expected
I made an appointment to get certain parts on my vehicle replaced to find out it was never done. After they diagnosed my ac/heater situation, they recommended different parts and services which didn’t end up fixing it either. Also, my auto start wouldn’t work after taking it to the shop and they took no responsibility for it. I’m very disappointed and won’t be coming back.

CL
Carlene L.
11/02/2017 Category: Service
Carlene said this business charged her for a diagnosis that wasn't correct.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 12/08/2017

We attempted to contact the customer but she did not return our call.

Jacob D.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
08/14/2017 Category: Service
Jacob said his vehicle is running better than before but still not great. They ran over a bunch of things that he knew was not the problem and he told them that was not the problem. They ended up charging him only for the time and not for the parts. But he was still being charged for something he knew was not the issue.

07/25/2017 Category: Service
Jacob said his vehicle is running better than it was when he first went in. However, it is still not running good.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 07/28/2017

We are very sorry that there is still something going on with this vehicle. We repaired a grossly blown intake manifold gasket. We would recommend a 100,000 mile service with timing belt replacement that may help to restore power in your vehicle.

Agnes B.
Dodge Intrepid
05/03/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Ed. He said the business didn't get back to him on the first day. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 05/09/2017

Not sure what went wrong with this? We thought the customer was quite happy when they picked up the veicle. We were pretty busy when the vehicle was dropped off and got it repaired for them the next day.

Jennifer C.
03/08/2017 Category: Service
Jennifer said her vehicle was supposed to be done within a day but it took this business 2 weeks to get the job done. Some of it was not in their control. She asked for a quote and it took multiple times of her asking to finally get the quote. There were a lot of things that didn't go right during this service visit and she also had a similar issue in the past but not as extreme. She said this is the second time her vehicle took longer than they were anticipating and she doesn't understand why. The ladies working the front desk were very professional and nice to deal with.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 03/10/2017

What happened with this vehicle is while performing a timing belt replacement to this vehicle the front engine mount that has to be removed to access the timing belt was terribly corroded and the two pieces would not separate. The corrosion was so bad that the mounts had to be broken in order to remove them. We did spend quite a bit of time trying to get them out. The parts were not available in the state and had to be special ordered through the dealer. We ordered the parts on an overnight freight but did not receive the parts for 10 business days. We also called the dealer every day inquiring as to when we would be receiving the parts. As soon as we had the parts delivered we completed the repairs. We are very sorry for the inconvenience of being without the vehicle but the circumstances were completely out of our control. Though we spent much more time trying to disassemble this due to the corrosion we did not charge anymore than the original quote for the labor on this job in an attempt to compensate for being without the vehicle. Our sincerest apologies, Bill Hancock.

TH
Tony H.
Toyota Tundra
05/04/2016
oil change/fluid flush
I brought my truck in for an oil change, brake fluid flush, ps flush. When I came at 5 to pick up my truck, the flushes had not been done because the ticket was misplaced. I was told these could be completed by 6 if I'd wait. Not convenient. Not professional.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 05/05/2016

We are very sorry the job did not get completed. We had a very busy day and several jobs did not go as anticipated. If you would be willing to give us a second chance we will make sure this doesn't  happen again. We would also discount the services for your inconvience.

Jacequi M.
01/08/2016 Category: Service
Jacequi said they fixed the problem her vehicle had, but when she picked up her vehicle, it had a whole other problem. There was no power steering, the fluid was out, and they had no answers. She was not going to pay for another issue. She is following up with another business so they can see who or what caused the problem.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 01/11/2016

We replaced a bad wheel bearing and bent lower control arm on this car. The bellows boot on the end of the steering rack had been torn open for some time. After replacing these parts and aligning the vehicle the steering rack was leaking fluid out the end which may have been caused by the incodent that caused the other problems. We did fill the power steering system with a stop leak fluid at no additional charge and told the customer that the steering rack needed replaced. We are sorry that there are other problems with the vehicle but they certainly were not caused by our shop.

AT
Andrea T.
Dodge Dakota
05/02/2014
misdiagnosed and cost me 1300
I was very happy with these guys until I tried to repair an engine knock. Instead of taking the time to really make sure they knew what it was, they jumped to a conclusion. I obeyed like the trusting consumer that I am, they are experts right? So I forked over $1300. Guess what? Didn't fix the problem. Now they want to put a whole new engine in it ($3000). Well, I think I will get a second opinion. Would have made a world of difference if they had admitted they misdiagnosed the noise and then have me in store credit towards the real problem.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 05/05/2014

We are very sorry that the lifters did not fix the ticking noise. Per our original phone conversations, along with the list of everything else you requested, you asked what the ticking noise sounded like in the engine. We said that it could be lifters as it did sound like a normal lifter issue, but we couldn't guarantee that. You agreed that it sounded like lifters from being told by other people you talked to and/or from internet browsing. We at that time advised you and tried to talk you out of fixing the engine tick at this time. Just fix a couple of main vehicle problems, (oil change, driveline and fuel pump), and just drive it for awhile to see if it got worse and really revealed the problem. Then at that point deal with the engine. It was your choice to fix everything on the list and deal with the engine tick later.  Then you came back a couple weeks later for a clicking noise when turning the steering wheel. We diagnosed the click as a steering shaft.  You also asked for another quote for the lifter replacement. The ticking noise had not gotten any worse but you requested to go ahead with the lifter replacement hoping to take care of the engine tick. We tried to say we couldn't guarantee this would fix the problem and asked if you were sure you wanted to do the lifter replacement anyhow. You said yes.  We fixed the steering shaft issue and proceeded with the lifter replacement at your request, the inside of the engine was varnished and the lifters were gummed up, one broke trying to remove it. Then we brought you the bad news that the lifters did not fix the ticking noise and since it will take more elaborate engine repairs mentioned that replacing it with a used engine was cheaper than a complete overhaul. We understand the dissapointing situation your in and mentioned on one of our phone conversations that this is why we would rather do a prebuyers inspections before the vehicle was purchased. Had you known all the issues this vehicle had before you purchased it could have saved you from this situation.

KE
Kalela E.
Dodge Neon
01/09/2014 Category: Service
Kalela said this business was not able to figure out the problem with the air conditioner. She would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 01/21/2014

There was no repair to the A/C system on this vehicle. We replaced the head gasket on the vehicle, the cooling fan was bad and the customer declined to repair it and was told there would be no warranty on the repair.

James A.
Chevrolet Colorado
12/06/2013
stolen goods
Love the place, love the managers, fair and descent business, but my car was robbed while I was there, so I won't be coming back.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 12/07/2013

Mr. Ashton stated that something was missing from his center console but would not tell us what was missing. I [Bill Hancock owner of CPR Automotive] asked what we could do to make this right and was told nothing. We did park this vehicle behind our shop for a brief period. I know that no one in our business would remove something from a vehicle, and if I found out that they had I would immediatly terminate that employee. I don't know if Mr. Ashton ever found what was lost but if so I hope that he would let us know and repost to clear this up.

KR
Kelly R.
08/08/2013
Unethical/Lack of Attention to Detail/Poor Service
I thought I had found an auto repair shop that I could trust until this visit. The first issue I had with CPR Automotive this visit was when the mechanic was explaining what repairs needed to be done, he tried to tack on extra parts that were unnecessary to fixing my vehicle. Had I not questioned him, I would have paid an extra $120 for it. The second issue I had with CPR was that they changed a part out on my radiator and told me the coolant leak on my vehicle was repaired but it wasn't. The mechanic would have known this if he had checked his work and looked under my truck once he was finished installing the part. It took all of one second to look under my truck to see a very large puddle of coolant which meant that he hadn't fixed the leak. When I pointed out the large pool of coolant under my truck while it was still in their yard, the mechanic said it wasn't from my vehicle. I asked him if he was sure about that and he said yes. Once I got home, the truck was leaking coolant even worse than when I had brought it in. I had to bring my vehicle back which ment an extra day in the shop and my wasted time (that I had to take off of work). The third issue I have with CPR is that the radiator they replaced on my vehicle three years ago is defective. When I asked them if my radiator should last longer than three years, they shrugged their sholders at me and stated probably but the part was out of warranty so they couldn't do anything about it but that they could install a new part and charge me for both parts and labor.

Next time I need a mechanic, I will look for another shop.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 08/09/2013

Mr. Roberts we are truly soory that your radiator went bad in your vehicle, it had been 3 years and 30,000 miles since we had replaced it for you, our warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles. As far as your front brake repair it is common procedure to replace brake pads and rotors when repairing brakes proffesionaly and warranting the repairs, in fact it is a liability for a repair shop to not machine or replace the brake rotors. In no way was that an attempt to sell you parts that were not needed. My technician pressure tested the cooling system before and after the first repair and did make a mistake when he replaced the radiator petcock, it appeared that the coolant was leaking from it but was leaking from the end tank seal and running down behind the fan shroud. We did discount the radiator repair and also did not charge for any additional coolant. We do apologize for the inconvience of having to have the vehicle a second time to repair it for you. We have performed many other repairs for you on this vehicle in a proffesional and timely manner and would like to continue that in the future for you. Sincerely Bill Hancock.

Catalin S.
Nissan Xterra
02/20/2013 Category: Service
Catalin said he was not happy with his overall experience because they fixed the symptoms but not the problem. He went in for a diagnostic check and to have fuses changed. He said his fuses are constantly blowing now and he is having to change them frequently. The prices were on the higher end of average for the work done. He said he would not recommend the business to others because of the prices.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/27/2013
This vehicle came to our shop and would not start, engine would not crank. We performed a starting circuit diagnosis testin the electrical circuit to the starter and found a blown fuse to the starter circuit. We replaced the fuse and tried it numerous times and the fuse did not blow again. We explained to the customer that if this fuse blew again further diagnosis for a short would be required. We also changed the oil on this vehicle and pointed out quite a few other issues with the vehicle. The customer did call back the next day but did not come back for further diagnosis. The total bill for this work was 157.00 which breaks down to 1 hours labor to diagnose the no start, a fuse and an oil change.

Joshua S.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
02/15/2013 Category: Service
Joshua said he was extremely dissatisfied with CPR Automotive, because he paid $400 for service he did not receive. He said they replaced a recently purchased belt and battery but his vehicle still had a problem. He said it cost him an additional $22 to fix his vehicle himself.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/20/2013
Had you done the recommended repairs the first time and not declined them there would not have been a second time. You created your own problems and felt we should have fixed them for free. You spent roughly 300.00 and did receive what you paid for. Unfortunately the world does not owe you and probably should spend your money on a vehicle worth repairing.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/20/2013
We bleed your clutch when we told you the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder should be replaced, the bleeder screw was seized and had to be freed up before we could even do that, we also had notes on the work order and told you that the idler pulley was missing and you choose not to repair that. When the vehicle came back it had a different battery installed very poorly and the negative terminal would not tighten, we installed a new battery bolt and a battery that you supplied that was dead when we got it. The mounting bracket for your idler pulley was missing so a new pulley could not even be installed. So your statements are a bold face lie!