Mercury Sable
11/08/2018
Not what I expected
I made an appointment to get certain parts on my vehicle replaced to find out it was never done. After they diagnosed my ac/heater situation, they recommended different parts and services which didn’t end up fixing it either. Also, my auto start wouldn’t work after taking it to the shop and they took no responsibility for it. I’m very disappointed and won’t be coming back.

CL
Carlene L.
11/02/2017 Category: Service
Carlene said this business charged her for a diagnosis that wasn't correct.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 12/08/2017

We attempted to contact the customer but she did not return our call.

Jacob D.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
07/25/2017 Category: Service
Jacob said his vehicle is running better than before but still not great. They ran over a bunch of things that he knew was not the problem and he told them that was not the problem. They ended up charging him only for the time and not for the parts. But he was still being charged for something he knew was not the issue.

07/25/2017 Category: Service
Jacob said his vehicle is running better than it was when he first went in. However, it is still not running good.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 07/28/2017

We are very sorry that there is still something going on with this vehicle. We repaired a grossly blown intake manifold gasket. We would recommend a 100,000 mile service with timing belt replacement that may help to restore power in your vehicle.

Agnes B.
Dodge Intrepid
05/03/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Ed. He said the business didn't get back to him on the first day. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 05/09/2017

Not sure what went wrong with this? We thought the customer was quite happy when they picked up the veicle. We were pretty busy when the vehicle was dropped off and got it repaired for them the next day.

Jennifer C.
03/08/2017 Category: Service
Jennifer said her vehicle was supposed to be done within a day but it took this business 2 weeks to get the job done. Some of it was not in their control. She asked for a quote and it took multiple times of her asking to finally get the quote. There were a lot of things that didn't go right during this service visit and she also had a similar issue in the past but not as extreme. She said this is the second time her vehicle took longer than they were anticipating and she doesn't understand why. The ladies working the front desk were very professional and nice to deal with.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 03/10/2017

What happened with this vehicle is while performing a timing belt replacement to this vehicle the front engine mount that has to be removed to access the timing belt was terribly corroded and the two pieces would not separate. The corrosion was so bad that the mounts had to be broken in order to remove them. We did spend quite a bit of time trying to get them out. The parts were not available in the state and had to be special ordered through the dealer. We ordered the parts on an overnight freight but did not receive the parts for 10 business days. We also called the dealer every day inquiring as to when we would be receiving the parts. As soon as we had the parts delivered we completed the repairs. We are very sorry for the inconvenience of being without the vehicle but the circumstances were completely out of our control. Though we spent much more time trying to disassemble this due to the corrosion we did not charge anymore than the original quote for the labor on this job in an attempt to compensate for being without the vehicle. Our sincerest apologies, Bill Hancock.

TH
Tony H.
Toyota Tundra
05/04/2016
oil change/fluid flush
I brought my truck in for an oil change, brake fluid flush, ps flush. When I came at 5 to pick up my truck, the flushes had not been done because the ticket was misplaced. I was told these could be completed by 6 if I'd wait. Not convenient. Not professional.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 05/05/2016

We are very sorry the job did not get completed. We had a very busy day and several jobs did not go as anticipated. If you would be willing to give us a second chance we will make sure this doesn't  happen again. We would also discount the services for your inconvience.

Jacequi M.
01/08/2016 Category: Service
Jacequi said they fixed the problem her vehicle had, but when she picked up her vehicle, it had a whole other problem. There was no power steering, the fluid was out, and they had no answers. She was not going to pay for another issue. She is following up with another business so they can see who or what caused the problem.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 01/11/2016

We replaced a bad wheel bearing and bent lower control arm on this car. The bellows boot on the end of the steering rack had been torn open for some time. After replacing these parts and aligning the vehicle the steering rack was leaking fluid out the end which may have been caused by the incodent that caused the other problems. We did fill the power steering system with a stop leak fluid at no additional charge and told the customer that the steering rack needed replaced. We are sorry that there are other problems with the vehicle but they certainly were not caused by our shop.

AT
Andrea T.
Dodge Dakota
05/02/2014
misdiagnosed and cost me 1300
I was very happy with these guys until I tried to repair an engine knock. Instead of taking the time to really make sure they knew what it was, they jumped to a conclusion. I obeyed like the trusting consumer that I am, they are experts right? So I forked over $1300. Guess what? Didn't fix the problem. Now they want to put a whole new engine in it ($3000). Well, I think I will get a second opinion. Would have made a world of difference if they had admitted they misdiagnosed the noise and then have me in store credit towards the real problem.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 05/05/2014

We are very sorry that the lifters did not fix the ticking noise. Per our original phone conversations, along with the list of everything else you requested, you asked what the ticking noise sounded like in the engine. We said that it could be lifters as it did sound like a normal lifter issue, but we couldn't guarantee that. You agreed that it sounded like lifters from being told by other people you talked to and/or from internet browsing. We at that time advised you and tried to talk you out of fixing the engine tick at this time. Just fix a couple of main vehicle problems, (oil change, driveline and fuel pump), and just drive it for awhile to see if it got worse and really revealed the problem. Then at that point deal with the engine. It was your choice to fix everything on the list and deal with the engine tick later.  Then you came back a couple weeks later for a clicking noise when turning the steering wheel. We diagnosed the click as a steering shaft.  You also asked for another quote for the lifter replacement. The ticking noise had not gotten any worse but you requested to go ahead with the lifter replacement hoping to take care of the engine tick. We tried to say we couldn't guarantee this would fix the problem and asked if you were sure you wanted to do the lifter replacement anyhow. You said yes.  We fixed the steering shaft issue and proceeded with the lifter replacement at your request, the inside of the engine was varnished and the lifters were gummed up, one broke trying to remove it. Then we brought you the bad news that the lifters did not fix the ticking noise and since it will take more elaborate engine repairs mentioned that replacing it with a used engine was cheaper than a complete overhaul. We understand the dissapointing situation your in and mentioned on one of our phone conversations that this is why we would rather do a prebuyers inspections before the vehicle was purchased. Had you known all the issues this vehicle had before you purchased it could have saved you from this situation.

KE
Kalela E.
Dodge Neon
01/09/2014 Category: Service
Kalela said this business was not able to figure out the problem with the air conditioner. She would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 01/21/2014

There was no repair to the A/C system on this vehicle. We replaced the head gasket on the vehicle, the cooling fan was bad and the customer declined to repair it and was told there would be no warranty on the repair.

James A.
Chevrolet Colorado
12/06/2013
stolen goods
Love the place, love the managers, fair and descent business, but my car was robbed while I was there, so I won't be coming back.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 12/07/2013

Mr. Ashton stated that something was missing from his center console but would not tell us what was missing. I [Bill Hancock owner of CPR Automotive] asked what we could do to make this right and was told nothing. We did park this vehicle behind our shop for a brief period. I know that no one in our business would remove something from a vehicle, and if I found out that they had I would immediatly terminate that employee. I don't know if Mr. Ashton ever found what was lost but if so I hope that he would let us know and repost to clear this up.

KR
Kelly R.
08/08/2013
Unethical/Lack of Attention to Detail/Poor Service
I thought I had found an auto repair shop that I could trust until this visit. The first issue I had with CPR Automotive this visit was when the mechanic was explaining what repairs needed to be done, he tried to tack on extra parts that were unnecessary to fixing my vehicle. Had I not questioned him, I would have paid an extra $120 for it. The second issue I had with CPR was that they changed a part out on my radiator and told me the coolant leak on my vehicle was repaired but it wasn't. The mechanic would have known this if he had checked his work and looked under my truck once he was finished installing the part. It took all of one second to look under my truck to see a very large puddle of coolant which meant that he hadn't fixed the leak. When I pointed out the large pool of coolant under my truck while it was still in their yard, the mechanic said it wasn't from my vehicle. I asked him if he was sure about that and he said yes. Once I got home, the truck was leaking coolant even worse than when I had brought it in. I had to bring my vehicle back which ment an extra day in the shop and my wasted time (that I had to take off of work). The third issue I have with CPR is that the radiator they replaced on my vehicle three years ago is defective. When I asked them if my radiator should last longer than three years, they shrugged their sholders at me and stated probably but the part was out of warranty so they couldn't do anything about it but that they could install a new part and charge me for both parts and labor.

Next time I need a mechanic, I will look for another shop.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 08/09/2013

Mr. Roberts we are truly soory that your radiator went bad in your vehicle, it had been 3 years and 30,000 miles since we had replaced it for you, our warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles. As far as your front brake repair it is common procedure to replace brake pads and rotors when repairing brakes proffesionaly and warranting the repairs, in fact it is a liability for a repair shop to not machine or replace the brake rotors. In no way was that an attempt to sell you parts that were not needed. My technician pressure tested the cooling system before and after the first repair and did make a mistake when he replaced the radiator petcock, it appeared that the coolant was leaking from it but was leaking from the end tank seal and running down behind the fan shroud. We did discount the radiator repair and also did not charge for any additional coolant. We do apologize for the inconvience of having to have the vehicle a second time to repair it for you. We have performed many other repairs for you on this vehicle in a proffesional and timely manner and would like to continue that in the future for you. Sincerely Bill Hancock.

Catalin S.
Nissan Xterra
02/20/2013 Category: Service
Catalin said he was not happy with his overall experience because they fixed the symptoms but not the problem. He went in for a diagnostic check and to have fuses changed. He said his fuses are constantly blowing now and he is having to change them frequently. The prices were on the higher end of average for the work done. He said he would not recommend the business to others because of the prices.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/27/2013
This vehicle came to our shop and would not start, engine would not crank. We performed a starting circuit diagnosis testin the electrical circuit to the starter and found a blown fuse to the starter circuit. We replaced the fuse and tried it numerous times and the fuse did not blow again. We explained to the customer that if this fuse blew again further diagnosis for a short would be required. We also changed the oil on this vehicle and pointed out quite a few other issues with the vehicle. The customer did call back the next day but did not come back for further diagnosis. The total bill for this work was 157.00 which breaks down to 1 hours labor to diagnose the no start, a fuse and an oil change.

Joshua S.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
02/15/2013 Category: Service
Joshua said he was extremely dissatisfied with CPR Automotive, because he paid $400 for service he did not receive. He said they replaced a recently purchased belt and battery but his vehicle still had a problem. He said it cost him an additional $22 to fix his vehicle himself.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/20/2013
Had you done the recommended repairs the first time and not declined them there would not have been a second time. You created your own problems and felt we should have fixed them for free. You spent roughly 300.00 and did receive what you paid for. Unfortunately the world does not owe you and probably should spend your money on a vehicle worth repairing.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/20/2013
We bleed your clutch when we told you the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder should be replaced, the bleeder screw was seized and had to be freed up before we could even do that, we also had notes on the work order and told you that the idler pulley was missing and you choose not to repair that. When the vehicle came back it had a different battery installed very poorly and the negative terminal would not tighten, we installed a new battery bolt and a battery that you supplied that was dead when we got it. The mounting bracket for your idler pulley was missing so a new pulley could not even be installed. So your statements are a bold face lie!

AC
Anastacia C.
GMC Yukon
02/14/2013
Tried to take advantage of me.
A very important cable came loose and caused me to lose all power in the middle of a busy street. Not even a half a mile away from the shop. it hadn't even been 10 mins after i left the shop. It took an hour for the tow truck to show up. Get back to the shop they cant find the problem till i go back and show them what cable it was. They say they are going to fix it. so i go back into the lobby and then he comes out and asks me to at least pay the tow charge because they are fixing a problem they made worse to begin with for free. He tried to say it was because it was done "shotty" by the previous owner of the vehicle. But i have owned this vehicle for over a year and not one problem with that cable. He said that it was going to happen in the future anyways. his excuse to try and get me to pay the tow fee. I asked him what do you think the chances are that the person doing the repair knocked that cable loose while working in that same area as the cable and didn't notice. He said that "could" have happened. In my eyes that is what happen. lets look at the facts: they were working in the same area the cable came loose, I lost all power less then a half a mile away from the shop, I had just left the shop less then 10 mins after and my vehicle dies completely. Even if the the cable was going to come loose in the future that is the future we can cross that bridge then. But they are the reason i had to cross that bridge now. I don't appreciate them trying to make me feel bad and how they tried to place the blame on someone else. I feel like it was a B.S. excuse they made up to get more money out of me because i am a women who doesn't know any better. So women if you are going to bring your car into them don't fall for there B.S excuses know your stuff. So not only did they try to rip me off but i lost out on very valuable hours at work because of them. And they had the Gaul to try and make me feel bad, now that is B.S!
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 02/20/2013
We are very sorry that this vehicle had any problems after installing the alternator. I was not trying to rip Mrs. Cross off but trying to explain that the reason this happened was because her battery did not have a hold down installed and in the past had a poor repair done on the posative battery cable and terminal. We did disconnect the negative battery terminal while replacing the alternator and possibly the battery moved at that time due to not having a hold down installed. The cable that had a problem was the main power cable from the posative battery terminal to the underhood fuseblock that had been cut and not installed well into an emergency battery terminal. With this cable not connected the vehicle will not start. After we installed the alternator we tested it to make sure it was charging and all was well. We had no reason for any other concern at that time and drove the vehicle out of the shop and Mrs. Cross started the car and drove away. Shortly after that the vehicle died while driving which I do admit looks bad and we certainly did not know this would happen. We dispatched a tow truck immediatly when Mrs. Cross called through the tow company that we use and upon arrival had it put right in the shop. I [Bill Hancok owner at CPR Automotive] looked at the vehicle right away and saw no problem with the alternator install. Mrs. Cross stated a cable was not connected so I asked her to show me. At that time I saw down next to the battery that the cable had come out of the emergency terminal. We cut the corroded cable back and installed a new cable end with heat shring to seal the wiring for a permanent repair of a previously poor repair at no charge fixing what certainly would have been a no start situation in the future and just asked if she would cover the cost of towing the vehicle which she refused feeling we were trying to rip her off. Again we are sorry that there was any problem at all but we had no reason to even suspect this at the time we performed the repairs. I would also like to mention that several times in the past we had helped Mrs. Cross with vehicle problems and feel that we have treated her fairly and proffesionaly.

TO
Teresa O.
11/25/2019 Category: Service
Teresa said she hasn't seen any oil from the leak she was having, so everything seems good.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 12/03/2019

Thank you for the update, Theresa! We appreciate you trusting us with your vehicle and choosing CPR Automotive as your mechanic shop.

RT
Richard T.
11/22/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Richard's wife. She said that they kept in contact every step of the way. They did what needed to be done.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 12/03/2019

Much thanks to Mrs. Tice for the feedback! Here at CPR we know how important communication is and ensure our customers are properly informed on their vehicle's progress from diagnostic to pickup.

KW
Ken W.
Eagle River, AK
Toyota Tundra 2WD Truck
11/08/2019
Great service at a great price!
It’s so tough to find an honest garage these days. Well look no further, CPR Automotive has what it takes to get a job done in a timely manner & at a price that is very competitive with the competition. See for yourself & give them a try!
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 11/14/2019

Ken, we put customer experience and satisfaction as our top priority and your words reaffirm that. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

CV
Charlotte V.
10/23/2019 Category: Service
Charlotte said the staff was responsive and did a thorough job on her vehicle.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 10/30/2019

Thank you we appreciate your business.

NM
Nancy M.
Honda Insight
10/17/2019 Category: Service
Nancy said the business was good to her and her vehicle. She said they did a good job.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 11/14/2019

Nancy, thank you for taking the time to give us the positive feedback. We appreciate you and your business!

Done S.
10/09/2019 Category: Service
Done said the employees changed his alternator last minute same day for him and fixed his vehicle on a Friday before his next day off work on Monday. The business closes over the weekends and Done was really happy to be serviced before close and happy that the employees worked with him.
Bill H. from CPR Automotive responded on 11/14/2019

Thank you for choosing CPR Automotive for your servicing needs, Done! We're here for you anytime.