Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Throttle Box
Thank you.

02/13/2014
January Throttle Box Check
Was not happy that when the throttle box was checked the first time that it wasn't taken care of at that point. I was going to have make another appt to come in and keep driving in fear that the accelerator would just stick. I had to ask that it be done before I picked it up, and then was charged twice for it.
Paula C. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 02/13/2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There should not of been a charge of $46.00 for diagnose on throttle issue, that was an oversight and we apologize for that. We will have a credit for that on your account that can be used on your next visit. We are sorry for your inconvenience and are looking forward to helping in the future.

CARSON S.
Oregon City, OR
Nissan Cube
09/19/2013
Poor
You were never asked to give a warrantee only to get a fleet car back on the road with high miles 240,000 milesI even said I did not expect a warrentte on th part I had one from the used parts place for six months remember new was eight to ninth hundred and used with only 30,000 miles on the part for $125 that's the right thing to do , you only think of the end product how much t
You can make . Please we know you have a mark up of 20 to 30 percent on new parts end of story

09/19/2013
disapointing
Your guy at the desk was nice , but I told him the air compressor pump had froze up , said it would be $95 to diagnose anyway , that,s a bunch of crap but the car was there its one of my fleet cars that,s about ready to retire, 240.000 miles on it, The bill came back to fix in the $1,390 . I found a used on with a warranty, but was told you would not use my parts . never once did anyone tell me this what a scam you cant help some one out .I meet a lot of people and I will make a point of telling them never to take a car to you. for all you care about is taking your money just like the grant you sucked up from the tax payers, who did you know !!! can't do on your own , that,s fer sure.
Paula C. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 09/22/2013

Dear Carson,

We appreciate the time it took for you to write a review of your experience at Crabtree Automotive. We are sorry that your experience was not agreeable.
Concerning our diagnostic policy - our goal is to give the customer a complete diagnostic of the problem(s). It’s been our experience that there can be other issues that might be causing the difficulties that the vehicle is experiencing. A complete diagnostic can actually save you time and money in the long run.

Concerning your request for us to use junkyard parts for this repair...Our answer to that question comes from the fact that we cannot guarantee the part or the labor when installing used parts. We have found, in a majority of cases, the customer and the shop are completely inconvenienced and there is always additional expense when we install used parts that fail. Our company strives to make sure we can provide the customer with good quality service and parts as well as an excellent warranty.

I would like to ask, however,
Did my Service Advisor fail to tell you that there would be a diagnostic charge prior to your vehicle being towed to our facility? Did we fail to give you an estimate prior to the work being done? Was the estimate for a serpentine belt and tensioner (as recommended by our technicians) plus the new compressor?

We make every effort to give the customer a complete picture before any work is done to the vehicle and I apologize for any miscommunication we might have had. Please let me know if there is still some confusion about our company policies. I would love to visit with you about them. Here is the phone number for the shop. I will be happy to call you back at your convenience 541-967-7892

Sincerely,

Paula Connaghan
Business Manager

Paula C. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 09/25/2013

Carson,  We are truely sorry that we couldn't meet your service expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Paula Connaghan
Business Manager
Crabtree Automotive Inc

MINDY M.
03/06/2013
my thoughts
devon did talk to me and i feel i would use them again.

03/06/2013
Not so satisfied
So Crabtree came highly recommended by several of my friens. However I was totally taken back by them not wanting to spend the time to diegnose a problem with my fuel gage. They changed the fluids and checked the car however told me the fuel gage worked intermintenly and they would need to see it not working to fix it. Well when I picked up my car, the gage was not working.... suprised by the lack of fixing a problem but not to surprised they did the easy work and pushed the car right on through.
Paula C. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 03/08/2013
Devon visited with Mindy and resolved this problem.

J C.
01/11/2018
You get what you pay for
The cost for the repair I had done was expensive, but the service/attitude/promptness/professionalism matched that cost.

Dave C.
01/04/2018
Five stars down to one.
I had two good experiences with them over the years but the third was unacceptable. My car would only start if I wiggled the key and turned the wheel to the left. I spent $120 for them to look at it. They concluded it was a bad connection within the key cylinder and was going to cost me a grand and a trip to Portland to replace and re-key it. I started to do some research on the web and found there are a dozen ways an ignition system could have issues. I am sure the key cylinder has some wear but was that really the issue?

I called them and asked if they checked all the switches and relays beyond the key. The guy I talked to was defensive and seemed offended that I would question their work. However, the short answer was no, they did not check the entire ignition system.

So I got on the web again and taught myself everything there was to know about my ignition system. I figured out how to pull the ignition switch (took five minutes) and put a $10 multi-meter on it. All the connections worked accept the start connection. The next day I went down to O'Relly's and installed a new $20 ignition switch in their parking lot. So, $30 in tools/parts and 20 minuets labor got my car starting every time.

The paperwork they gave me says the mechanic pulled the ignition switch and it "felt OK." Had he taken a moment to put a Ohm meter on it he would have found the problem. They could have charged me another $80 in parts and labor and I would have been happy to pay it.

That all said, the guy I talked to should have admitted they did not check the entire ignition system and asked me to bring my car back in so they could. If they did they would have kept my future business, the five star rating and made even more money off me.

Mark W.
12/12/2017
Craptree
I'm such a nice guy all I am going to say is don't trust them. Tried to charge me 17hundred for an alignment. Took it to two other mechanics. Both agreed I didn't need the parts or service craptree advised. I will never go back. If I could give them zero stars I would.

11/11/2017
Like Family

Surecritic logo no tag
SureCritic / Repair Shop / Crabtree Automotive Inc. / Write a Review
Crabtree Automotive Inc.

Word verification response is incorrect, please try again.
Overall Rating
0 out of 5
Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
Review Title
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
Your Review
I recommend you often. Quality care, communication, confidence, go the extra mile. Helps me feel safe in my vehicle and that's everything. Treat you like family. OK to use in your marketing. People need to know where you are and who you are and what you can do for their peace of mind and make vehicle repairs fully. Financing available, but affordable service, fair and honest.

Date of Service
format mm/dd/yyyy
Would you recommend this business to a friend? Yes No
About You
First name
Last name
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
Email address
Your Zip Code
By submitting your review, you agree to the Terms of Service

11/11/2017
Peace of Mind - I was so worried

AK
Abraham K.
Corvallis, OR
10/23/2017
Great Overall Experience With My Vehicle Service Appointment
I requested a quote over email for preventive maintenance service for my Mazda Miata, Justin was prompt with an email response. A month later fixed the appointment over the phone. Car was dropped off. Everyone at the counter was very courteous and professional including the mechanics. Car was ready at the agreed upon time and everything seems to work as expected after service. Justin was great to work with and took good care of his customer. We need more customer centric business like Crabtree Auto in Albany.

04/09/2017
Single Lady, We Got Your Back
Never have I felt such trustworthy, confident, advisors when it comes to my vehicle and finding problems and quickly and efficiently providing solutions in a timely manner. I never felt confusion or less than confident in their advice and direction to reach the best solution for the age and type of vehicle for me. Very grateful and will seek your help along the way and encourage others to do the same, due to competence, friendly service and open honest communication. For my current vehicle and future vehicles. Thank you!

Jayne Lord (you may quote me)
Paula C. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/12/2017

Jayne, I am so happy we were able to win your trust and confidence in us.  We will continue to help you along the way so you can make the best decisions for you and your vehicle.

AK
Andy K.
11/09/2016
knowledge +
If you have a mechanical problem or just regular maintenance, this is the place to go. Fair, honest & quick repairs. Will take you back home or to work, while repairs are being done.
Highly recommend their services for all vehicles.

David H.
06/24/2016
Power steering royal flush.
Crabtree Automotive, Inc.'s state of the art training and dedication to through customer satisfaction lands security to ownership of our vehicles. This staff understands and accepts my high automotive standards. They will work with "picky" if the customer displays a hint of automotive knowledge.

STEVE S.
Scio, OR
05/02/2014
Great help when the engine light came on
I brought my car in because the engine light was on. After checking it out, they couldn't find the problem. I was charged a minimal amount for their time, and will come back when the light comes on again. They were courteous, knowledgeable, and very nice. We will be back. Steve and Barbara Shaw

TN
Todd N.
05/02/2014 Category: Service
Todd said this business did well.

PM
Pat M.
Honda Accord
05/02/2014 Category: Service
Pat said he has always received good service from the business. They are very informative as well as very professional.

TA
Tracy A.
BMW 325xi
05/01/2014 Category: Service
Tracy said they are responsive.

CHARYSE H.
Chevrolet Aveo
04/22/2014
Honest & practical
This is the second time I've been to crabtree and both times I've appreciated that they're thorough and honest. When I would need a service repeated in a few weeks after other repairs were completed, they recommended to wait, thus saving me $90.
Rick B. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/23/2014

We really do try to save our customers money when we can. Thank you for the nice review Charyse!

KK
KAREN K.
Buick Century
04/19/2014
Excellent customer service
This is the second time I have used Crabtree for my car repairs and I am impressed with the outstanding attention to customer service. They do not try to insult your intelligence like other car shops. I felt like a valued customer from start to finish. They were very open and honest about costs of repairs and labor. My car again works great and I am very happy!
Rick B. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/19/2014

Thank you Karen for taking your time to write such a nice review! The reviews we get are shared with our office staff and technicians. It makes their day!

KZ
KATHRYN Z.
04/19/2014
Excellent staff!
I had a headlight go out- the team worked me into their schedule and fixed my car quickly! Exceeded my expectations!
Rick B. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/19/2014

Thank you Kathryn! We do our best to help people in need of a minor repair like a failed headlight. One of our techs is our "go to" guy for that type of repair and usually we can work a job like that into our schedule.

Don R.
Pontiac Grand Prix
04/18/2014 Category: Service
Don said the business has good service.The staff members are courteous and explain everything so he can understand.
Rick B. from Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/21/2014

Thanks for the nice review Don!