Latest Review about 1 month ago

Sharon B.
Honda HR-V
10/17/2018
Not satisfied
No I am not satisfied with my visit to D & D. Brought my car in for the state inspection and it was never done. Was told service is 1st come 1st served. Fine. Was told it would be about an hour before they could do mine and inspection would take 1/2 hr. No waiting area so spent time in town. Came back 2hrs later, car not done but was told they were almost done with current car and mine was next. Spent more time in town. Came back 1hr later, car not done and mechanic had gone to lunch for about 1/2 hr. Said I couldn’t wait anymore. Woman who’d been waiting on me offered to make an appointment for another time. At same time the other woman working there starts raising her voice at me basically telling me I’m being unreasonable. Will not be making that appointment or going back.

GW
Greg W.
07/13/2017
Lost trust
Have been going to D&D for a few years now since moving to the area in 2014. Will not be going back as I have lost trust in them. I had a major repair involving electronic steering mechanism a few months ago and thought it was very expensive but trusted that I was treated fairly. Yesterday I had an oil change, annual inspection and the ballast and bulb changed in a headlight for a total bill of $1330.00 and some change. I took the last two D&D invoices to another mechanic who told me that I was being charged for the full labor cost estimate from the book. So, if the book says the job is up to 10 hours, D&D charged me 10 hours for a job that likely only took them five hours. My new Mechanic said he could have done both jobs for half of what I was being charged at D&D. Also, looked up the price for the ballast on line and found them running from $60 – 200 or so bucks. D&D charged me twice the highest price I found on line.

EG
Ed G.
03/07/2017 Category: Service
Ed said they diagnosed the problems and needed to do two repairs. The very next day he is still having the same issues and one of the problems is worse. He has an appointment to drop it off again. He's hoping they resolve the issue and that they work with him on the previous charges.

DJ
Dave J.
Knoxville, MD
Subaru Legacy
01/18/2017 Category: Service
Dave said the business charged him for the diagnoses and it was expensive.

Andrew S.
03/08/2016
Not what I hoped
My 95 Camry was suddenly running very rough. They wanted to replace the timing belt, and then while that was taken apart check out the crankshaft position sensor. A second opinion fixed the problem for much, much less -- because that sensor is external on this engine, and so the timing belt job was not needed.

The mechanic also left 2 of the 4 air filter clips loose, so who knows how much grit got into my engine before I noticed several days later.

It also looks like he lost one of the 2 screws holding the mass air flow sensor section to the air filter housing, because one is gone and the place it screws into is bright and shiny and like new.

AP
Adam P.
Land Rover
11/21/2018
Confused - feel like I was over charged
Have used D&D multiple times with much success. This time I came in for an oil change and tire patch. Was charged $190 dollars. This seems very high for an oil change and tire patch. Was not quoted price before work was completed.

BC
Biansa C.
Mazda MPV
01/28/2016
Got me in fast, but at a price!
They were very friendly and got my vehicle in quickly, but their prices are really on the high end. Definitely marking up parts heavily... Battery and labor at $300 is awfully steep. Quoted for a manifold/converter problem at $1500... got a second opinion via phone that quoted half for the same. Took it there and found that it didn't need that after all.

Brian M.
Chevrolet Aveo
11/02/2019 Category: Service
Brian said he took his vehicle to this business to get an emissions test done and they couldn't get the emission part completed. They couldn't explain why, they didn't say anything was broken and it wasn't clearing it. Its some check that the computer does, there was no way to force it, he was taking it back on Tuesday to see if the test that it does will finally clear and he thought it was weird that a test couldn't be performed whenever. It had to be done at a certain time. The people there were friendly, their service was really quick and it was all really good. He didn't get why the emission test wouldn't work and it wasn't failing.

KH
Kimberly H.
Ashburn, VA
11/03/2018 Category: Service
Kimberly said the service estimate was more than the competitor's. The employees charged astronomical prices on her service parts. They charged her more than their advertised price.

CJ
Corinne J.
Land Rover Range Rover
10/30/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Corinne's husband. She said he would recommend this business.

BP
Brad P.
Toyota Sequoia
06/15/2017
Prior Service
For my Yukon, service ($1K of fluid changes) was recommended from the "heavy use, or extreme use" GMC service recommendation - I had my vehicle looked at by GMC - no issues.....

Corazon B.
Paeonian Springs, VA
11/02/2016
Unfriendly welcome
I walked in 15 minutes before noon. A man and a woman at the front desk. I know they close between 12 to 1 for lunch. I came in for emissions. I asked in cheery/smiling mood for them to do the test. No answer right away. The woman's not sure, she has to ask the man first. No one says hello or hi what can we do for you thing, not even a smile. I get a very unwelcome feeling, so when they said yes, I went out and stayed in the car until the man came out to do the emission test. I stayed out until it's time for me to pay. I said thank you but I can't remember if I get a feedback. Most of them are usually friendly, it just happened that these particular persons were having a bad day? Don't know! Hoping they could do better than that!

GU
Greg U.
Volkswagen Passat
06/28/2015
original issue fixed but new issue came up
Thank you for replacing the cat convertor and pipe and for doing the oil change! Good job on that! Unfortunately, we didn't realize till yesterday that the belly bottom pan was not screwed back by Mike Zentmayer, the technician. Because of this, part of it was damaged. We would like to bring it back to your shop to show you the extent of the damage and discuss with you what we should do about this damage and the missing screws. Please call Greg at 703 409 9313. We thank you for your service and hope to hear from someone soon with regards to the new issue!

YD
Yvan D.
Acura 3.2TL
06/24/2015 Category: Service
Yvan said that the business tried overcharging after he had a less expensive second opinion on the price.

NF
Nathan F.
12/19/2019 Category: Service
Nathan said the experience was great. Since having the service done at this facility the check engine light has come on again. He said he does not think that there is anything wrong with his vehicle, though.