ROBERT M.
Lindenhurst, IL
Volvo S80
10/03/2019
The people
The professional, friendly & knowledgeable staff made my visit a very pleasant experience.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/19/2019

Thak you Robert we appreciate your feedback and confidence in us.

PN
Paul N.
10/02/2019
Fast service!
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/19/2019

Thank you Paul for your trust in us for so many years!

Milwaukee, WI
Cadillac CTS-V
09/28/2019
Always Great Service
I've been bringing my car to D Wells for many years. Also informed prior to work being completed. . No surprises! Great customer service!
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you for making the trip all the way from Milwaukee to see us since you moved away.  We appreicate your confidence and trust in us.

Sean M.
Round Lake, IL
09/27/2019 Category: Service
Sean said this business does quick, quality work. The staff there is nice and respectful.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you very much we appreciate your feedback.

BE
Bruce E.
Acura MDX
09/23/2019
Acura MDX 105K check
We really appreciate the experts at Wells taking care of our cars. In this case the Acura needed some major preventive maintenance and they were thorough. They also explain everything and get agreement before doing the work. We’re confident in driving due to the quality of the work!
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you so much!  We truly appreciate your trust in us with all of your family vehicles for many years.

SUSAN C.
Kenosha, WI
Chrysler PT Cruiser
09/19/2019
Unexpected tow in.
I was impressed with the fast response from the mechanics when my car had to be towed in unexpectantly. They looked at it the same day, gave me an extensive overview of all the work needed. I loved that there was a link to the report. I didn't like what it said..lol..Although I ultimately chose not to fix the vehicle, I would have had total confidence in their service. Very professional, very friendly, and very honest.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you so much!  I'm glad we were able to take care of you.  We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

LIZ S.
Grayslake, IL
09/17/2019
Most of the guys are attentive to details and ready to help. Then, there's always one...
I brought my car in based on a referral. My vehicle was having issues and I needed a diagnosis and an estimate. I explained I would be gone all week and would pick it up upon my return. They could call me with the results. They did find out that there was a terrible leak that mixed fluids together and then those fluids went inside engine parts that they shouldn't. The transmission was found to still work, but it was going to cost $2,100 to fix, degrease, and flush out the damage. I declined and told them I would pick it up when i returned and take it somewhere to sell it. I had three conversations with two of the guys- that week all ending with the same plan: I would pick it up, drive it away, and sell it to the first place that would take it.
When I arrived to pick it up, the guy who was in charge of my "case" was very surprised when I told him I'd be driving it to a location to sell it. When I asked him where else he thought I should try and sell the car. Apparently none of the conversations I had with the other guys at the desk had been relayed to him. He told me that there were hoses looped all over and that it wasn't really safe to drive. I told him that I drove it in and I would just drive it down the road. I paid the diagnostic bill and went to the car. The car shuddered and shook and was definitely not safe to drive, but I drove it anyway.
Here's where my frustration began. When I called and complained about how badly my car was behaving I was told that I shouldn't be driving it at all. I agreed, but I had smoothly driven my car in and now it was huffing and puffing down the road. What the heck?! I asked that if my car should die on the side of the road on my way to sell it, I wanted a free tow by them. He said they didn't have a tow truck. Then, he told me that it was my choice to drive a badly messed up car. True, but I need to sell it, dude. The only helpful advice I got from him, and he didn't intentionally give it to me, was to put more transmission fluid in it, so I could get it to its final resting place. Which is what I did. Car is now sold for its working parts. Bottom Line :All you had to do, Dude, was to be supportive in a stressful situation and offer some temporary ideas!
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Hello.  Sorry you had trouble with the Escape.  We found the transmission cooler failed and leaked a majority of transmisson fluid into cooling system causing the transmission to be very low on fluid.  We did our best to bypass the cooler temporarily and refill the transmission so the vehicle was driveable.  We appreicate your trust in us and will work to improve communication within our organization.

KC
Ken C.
09/17/2019 Category: Service
Ken said he was very satisfied with this business.

Acura MDX
09/16/2019
Were all inspections performed
DWells has now been my “go to” for both of my cars. Only recently, a negative... tire inspection, including inflating tires is part of the oil change list of inspections. However, after picking up my vehicle, my tire inflation monitor showed each tire at a different psi,
(38, 36, 31 and 26! Could be described as minor, BUT now I am hoping other inspections were actually performed, and not just checked off as such.

TD
Tim D.
Fox Lake, IL
INFINITI M35
09/13/2019 Category: Service
Tim said the staff are helpful.

LG
Linda G.
09/11/2019
Equinox
DWells identified the problem quickly and worked in a timely manner to resolve the issues. Having a loaner vehicle was a huge help. Thanks so much.

KA
KEN A.
Toyota Avalon
09/10/2019
Quick and knowledgeable
Very happy every time with the work they perform and the time frame and cost.

MV
Marsha V.
09/10/2019
Long time customer
I have been a customer of D Wells for 9 years. Always great service. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Anthony B.
Winthrop Harbor, IL
Chevrolet Colorado
09/07/2019
Car service
D. Wells Automotive always does good work. I never have any issues after they work on any of my vehicles. I highly recommend this shop for your vehicle needs. Also, prices are very reasonable.

EJ
ERICA J.
09/05/2019
Same Day Brake Replacement
I stopped in this afternoon looking to apply for a Goodyear credit card, hoping to get approved and eventually get the work I needed done on my car completed.
Not only was I approved for the card on the spot, the customer service I received was so professional. My car was seen the same day and within a few hours I had a full diagnostic report done and brand new brakes and rotors on my car. The entire process was so simple and I will definitely continue to come back for any work I need done. Thank you!