Latest Review almost 2 years ago

Kurt B.
06/18/2016 Category: Service
Kurt said the business repaired his vehicle but it did not hold.
Sam G. from Dale's Auto Care responded on 06/21/2016

Hi Kurt. Give me a call and I will get your truck back in the shop A.S.A.P.  The condedser we installed has a lifetime warranty. If the part fails or if our workmanship failed you. I guarantee we will make it right. I apologize for any inconvenience.
              Sam. G.

BRYCE/BECK S.
04/14/2015
I was charged 350 for a alternator when a parts place chareg 150!
I feel that they charge too much!
Sam G. from Dale's Auto Care responded on 04/22/2015

I am sorry we didn't explain our charges to you. Yes you can purchase an 150.00 alternator at some part stores. if you do your research they have an average of 2 to 3 star rating with 1 year warranty on the part only.  The one we installed in your vehicle can be purchase at a part store for 199.00. It has a average of 5 star rating and  that comes with a lifetime warranty on the part only and you have to install it yourself.  Your invoice included the following- labor to diagnose the problem, labor to install your alternator, top of the line parts with the best reputation and warranty,  A NATION WIDE PARTS AND LABOR LIFETIME WARRANTY, free roadside assistance for the next 12 months that includes break downs, lock outs, out of gas, jump starts, and towing up to 25 miles.
    Again I'm sorry we didn't explain that to you. I did call a couple of our local competitors and parts store to verify all of the prices. I challenge you to do the same, and you will find we were fair and less than our competitors.
    Thank You.
       Sam @ DALES AUTO CARE

PE
PAUL E.
Buick Century
12/10/2014
Great bunch guys
Tod, Sam and all the mechanics know what they are doing and make sure you are satisfied before you leave. This is a class act with high quality control and proficiency.

AG
ANTHONY G.
11/26/2014
Got Burned
Have always considered Dale's honest and fair but got a bad taste recently when I was charged double the price for a starter motor. Why would I recommend them to my friends to be treated the same?
Sam G. from Dale's Auto Care responded on 12/08/2014

I am sorry Mr. Gadzekpo That felt you were charged "double the price".  I sold you a top quality starter with a parts and labor LIFETIME warranty, that is redeemable at any NAPA Auto Care Center in the United States.  I charged you 275.93 for the starter and 71.56 in labor to install it. I did not charge you for testing the starting and charging system, witch has a labor charge of 38.00. you asked for a brake inspection on your rear drum brake, that we did do and we cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes while we had the drums off. We removed the charges for the brake inspection of 45.00, because you said you could not afford it and did not realize there would be a charge for that labor.  The price we quoted you for the starter and labor before we did the work is what we charged you and is what you gave us the OK to do. If you felt that the price was too high, I would have been happy to explain to you our price and what you were getting. Just to double check your statement of "double the price" I called 3 other Auto Care Centers to get an estimate of what we did on your vehicle for comparison.  I found all 3 were just slightly higher than what we charged you.  I then checked the Internet for pricing on the starter, to find a wide range of starters pricing from the cheapest quality priced at 139.00 to the best quality at 297.00.  I would have been happy to explain to you that almost all starter brands have three levels of quality, and that we use the best quality. If that did not fit your budget, then I would have offered you the middle grade quality. that starter would have cost you 212.00 and the labor would have been the same, but the warranty would have been 2years or 24k miles. The cheapest starters I will not install due to the high failure rate.
   Mr Gadzekpo I apologize for not offering you the mid grade starter, but you have had 5 visits to our shop since 2010 and you have always agreed to the top quality parts. I did not expect that you would want the lesser quality. If it would make you feel that you have been treated fairly, I would be happy to install the mid grade starter and refund you the difference. The statement you made of "double the price" is unfair to us if you compare it with best quality and best warranty available.
    Pleas call me if I can futher assist you.
                       Sam Gray
                         Dales Auto Care

WS
Wesley S.
Saturn Vue
06/11/2014 Category: Service
Wesley said this business is a little pricey. He would not recommend this business to others for the reason mentioned.

AC
Austin C.
Nampa, ID
10/10/2011 Category: Service
Austin said he had to overpay for the services performed on his vehicle. For this reason he would not recommend this business for service.

Jose L.
Nissan Sentra
05/01/2019 Category: Service
Jose said he was completely satisfied with the customer service, and the staff. He has already taken 2 vehicles there and has 2 more to bring down.

Jerry H.
Meridian, ID
04/16/2019 Category: Service
Jerry said the staff did an amazing job.

Mike L.
Lincoln Town Car
04/15/2019 Category: Service
Mike said the staff got him in promptly and resolved all the issues of his vehicle in a professional manner.

Rick C.
Ford Expedition
04/05/2019 Category: Service
Rick said he has been using this business for around 15 years, and they always provide good service at competitive prices.

MT
Mike T.
04/05/2019 Category: Service
Mike said the business always does a real good job and he knows the owner.

JIM/JILL H.
04/04/2019
Honesty
Dales auto care has been such a great place to have work done. Sam Is very honest and upfront and always calls with details. prior to doing work

RT
RALPH/SANDY T.
Nissan Pathfinder
04/03/2019
Honest, truthful, upfront on costs
I have been with Dale's Auto for the last 10 years. He is upfront on what needs done, doesn't try to sell you something you don't need, and will tell you before he spends your money what he can and can't do.
Has become a good friend.

HA
Hani A.
Chevrolet Venture
03/26/2019 Category: Service
Hani said that the business was great and also mentioned that he would definitely recommend them for service.

GJ
Glen J.
Ford E-350 Super Duty
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Glen said the staff were prompt, quick and efficient. This facility has good service technicians.