Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

DF
David F.
Boothbay Harbor, ME
12/03/2019
Fixed it for $28 instead of $256!
The door handle on my 2001 Camry broke off (who knew it could!) and I got a quote of $256 to fix it. Dan had a look at it, thought for about 30 seconds. That seemed like a long time to watch him mentally scroll through different possibilities. He then explained the steps he thought were the best way to fix it. Two hours and $28 dollars later it was all fixed and working fine ever since. This isn’t the first time Dan’s smarts and integrity have saved me money!

Jeff D.
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Joseph. He said they were very congenial and efficient.

Dick S.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Dick said the business always took good care of him and they were not expensive.

GN
Gail N.
Simsbury, CT
11/23/2019
My Wife's Honda
Great routine service as usual. Everything done in a few hours at a very reasonable price. More importantly, no pressure for extra service which is a common practice at the dealer service.

GA
Greg A.
11/23/2019
A warm feeling all over!
The Jeep with dual climate control was dispensing hot air to the passenger and incredibly cold to the driver, that doesn't defrost well.
Dan and the crew went deep and fixed the problem right just in time for another winter season. We appreciate having confidence in the consistent quality and fair deal at Dan's Auto.

FF
Frank F.
ME
Jeep CJ7
11/19/2019
Attention, attitude and ability.
Once again Dans auto turned dismay to delight . My old Jeep quit and being one of my few vehicles left that I feel confident lifting the hood on I tried everything. After about a week of trying I had it towed to Dan's on a Sunday afternoon. By noon on Monday they called and said come get your Jeep. No appointment, no fuss and no problem. All fixed and running great. I keep trying to stump them but after more years than I can count I'm thinking about giving up.

Great job Dan's (Again)!

FF
Frank F.
ME
Ford F-350 Super Duty
11/16/2019
Regular maintenance works
You can pay a little on a maintenance on a regular basis or a lot all at once with added down time and hassles of a failure.

Parts wear out whether on a vehicle or things like furnaces and lawn mowers. Dan has always kept me up to date on my vehicle needs over many years with terrific results.

And, on the rare occasion of a break down has always been there for us and fixed in a very reasonable amount of time.

I've found if I work with him he more than works with me. It's a tough business, customers are often not happy walking in but Dan and his team really know how to turn it around. I feel we are so fortunate to have him right next door:-)

GA
Greg A.
Suzuki XL-7
11/16/2019
clawing down the road
Thanks to Dan and the crew for keeping the " supahzuki " tracking through the ice for another slippery season!

IC
Inder C.
Mercedes-Benz ML320
11/15/2019
Vehicle Inspection
Simple, not complicated, but carried out with friendly professionalism and care .

West Boothbay Harbor, ME
Nissan Frontier
11/15/2019
Customer
Expert fast friendly efficient courteous professional knowledgeable just what you want in an expert tuna fisherman whose is an expert mechanic in his day job

PZ
Patricia Z.
Boothbay, ME
Ram 1500
11/13/2019
Great service start to finish, no pressure to buy
Going to Dan's is more like going over to a trusted friend's place and getting good advice to solve your problem. On my last oil change Dan pointed out how worn my tires were. There was no sales push or pressure to buy new tires.. he was pointing out (what was not obvious to me) how badly worn my tires were. On a subsequent visit, he took another look and reminded me to consider getting some new tires before winter. Again, no pressure. Just a friendly reminder. I finally did get around to making the decision to buy new tires. I shopped around and Dan's prices were THE best value for the type of tire I needed. It's a pleasure to shop locally and to have my friends at Dan's keeping an eye out for the safety of my truck. After driving 10 miles on my new tires, I finally realized how bad the old tires were. Next time, I'll pay more attention when my friends at Dan's offer their professional opinion.

Rick C.
Edgecomb, ME
11/12/2019
I'm confident that what needs to be done will be done and done right!
Diagnosed and fixed a problem I didn't even know I had!

Melissa M.
Maine
Jeep Commander
11/07/2019 Category: Service
Melissa said that they are great. She has been going there for many years. They are a great local business. He is a great guy to deal with and he does good work.

KE
Kay E.
Boothbay, ME
Jeep Liberty
11/06/2019
honest & fast!
the work that was being done ran into a glitch & DAN"S contacted me immediately. the car was ready before the end of the day!

Mike R.
11/06/2019
As usual I received the Dan Gold Glove treatment. New face behind the counter was a nice surprise! She is very personable and friendly. Dropped the truck off at 2 and received a call it was done by 3:30. That's GREAT service.

Link B.
Volkswagen New Beetle
11/05/2019
My wife's car. VW BUG
She loves this car and bought it new 19 years ago. Only Dan's has worked on this car. That is why it is still on the road today. Dan and crew are miracle workers. We love the crew and Dan. LINK BROWN

David H.
11/05/2019
Fantastic, as always!
Wonderful service, advice and attention

Barbara H.
Trevett, ME
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Barbara said she has been going to the business for 20 years and the staff provide fast and efficient service. She also stated that the price is within reason.

AW
Alison W.
Maine
10/21/2019 Category: Service
Alison said that she recommends this business for service.

West Boothbay Harbor, ME
10/19/2019
Fixed right quickly
Thought I had problem with tire pressure indicator, after having driven to a Gardiner and back with indicator light on. Turns out problem was my not believing the light. Dan’s tech extracted a fair-sized nail and patched the tire in less than 30 minutes.