Darling's Hyundai Augusta

Overall Rating 4.06667/5Overall Rating 4.06667/5Overall Rating 4.06667/5Overall Rating 4.06667/5rating 4.06667
Overall Rating 2.53333/5Overall Rating 2.53333/5rating 2.53333rating 2.53333rating 2.53333

Westport, ME
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Worked to make it right
I purchased my vehicle less then two years ago, and it had a bad water pump. When I brought it in they diagnosed my car as such. At the story progressed it was told to me that it caused my engine to blow, a very unfortunate circumstance. Darling's did make an attempt to get Hyundai to help fix this issue since it was something that is not typical and should not have happened for a well maintained vehicle. Hyundai denied the claim. When I called to speak with them they did not even give me the time of day. They refused to even give me the dispute line phone number. So then I turned to Darling inquiring about trade in value, you would think this opportunity for them would be a good one.... Sell me a second new car, repair the engine on their own dime, and then sell that high quality car to a second person. Well they would not even consider it. They offered me $500 for trade in.... on a car that was bought for almost $20,000 two years prior, in mint condition, that blue books for close to $13,000. After my initial review I was contacted my Darlings in hopes to correct the issue. They are definitely making efforts to help fix the unfortunate situation and for that I am grateful. The issues I have are not actually with Darling but more with Hyundai. Darling is great to deal with on the whole

09/11/2019 Category: Service
Over priced, unfair, and crooked
I purchased my vehicle less then two years ago, and it had a bad water pump. When I brought it in they diagnosed my car as such. At the story progressed it was told to me that it caused my engine to blow, a very unfortunate circumstance. Darling's did make an attempt to get Hyundai to help fix this issue since it was something that is not typical and should not have happened for a well maintained vehicle. Hyundai denied the claim. When I called to speak with them they did not even give me the time of day. They refused to even give me the dispute line phone number. So then I turned to Darling inquiring about trade in value, you would think this opportunity for them would be a good one.... Sell me a second new car, repair the engine on their own dime, and then sell that high quality car to a second person. Well they would not even consider it. They offered me $500 for trade in.... on a car that was bought for almost $20,000 two years prior, in mint condition, that blue books for close to $13,000. That is wrong and crooked, and unacceptable.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 09/11/2019

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback and allowing us to further assist you.  We will do our best to assist in your expired engine situation.  Thank you for taking the time to score us on our customer assistance and how we treated you as a valued customer.

PB
Pamela B.
2012 Hyundai Elantra To
01/23/2019 Category: Service
pam
terrible customer service no follow through.

Belgrade, ME
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Lack of communication
See prior note
They washed the car, and left a gummy spotty residue (soap?) on it. It has happened before. I didn't realize it was being washed until I picked it up.

TV
Thomas V.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
09/18/2018 Category: Service
Poor service time
Poor service in a timely manner

David D.
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Just in it for the money. Customer just a paycheck.
They made certain to make changes to the warranty so that I would have to pay for the service. There was no proof that what they said happened actually was the cause.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 05/15/2018

Good morning,
The reason that you see so many 4 and 5 star score surveys is because we take customer service very seriously.  The survey system is managed by HMA and in no way able to be manipulated by the dealer as you have suggested.  We took customer service seriously in your case as well.  When the wire harness was found to be chewed causing your check engine light to illuminate, we wanted to show you immediately and did so.  The warranty rules and regulations are set in place by the manufacturer and its the franchised dealer's responsibility to follow them with no exceptions.  There were no changes made to a warranty as that is impossible for the dealer to do.  The warranty covers defects in materials and worksmanship, not acts of God or critter damage.  Also there was no effort taken to have you pay for the repair vs. the warranty.  These are the most difficult converstations to have with customers.  We took the time to thoroughly explain and show the situation to you.  In fact you shook our hands upon leaving the store as you felt we had your best interest in mind.  This was not a judgemnt call on our part, it was very clear that something chewed two wires in half in a place that was out in the open.  A dealer making moral and honest decisions, should not be a reason for you not to return.

SA
Samantha A.
04/29/2018 Category: Service
Worst collision center in Maine
I will never even have my car washed at darlings they have screwed me over from the jump. Now I have the worst looking sonata in town.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 04/30/2018

Michele M.
Buckfield, ME
10/24/2017 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
I came for a basic recall inspection and oil change. The mechanic informed me that it would have an hour and half because the mechanic will have to take his lunch. I found that to be ridiculous! This job shouldn't take more than a half hour. To top it off, the mechanic was extremely rude to me and didn't seem to care about any of my concerns. I love Hyundai, but I was unsatisfied with my service today.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 10/26/2017

Good morning,
I attempted to contact you by phone to discuss your previous service visit here.  It's rare that we into situations where customers are not happy with our staff and customer service.  I would like have an opportunity to discuss your concerns in detail.  Customer service is a focus here in our company and we take the survey feedback very seriously.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can work towards a resolve.  Thanks for your time.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/18/2017 Category: Service
30,000 mile service
Expensive routine maintenance $1000 for routine maintenance for 30,000 unacceptable
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 09/21/2017

Good afternoon,
The expense of maintaining a vehicle per the manufacturer recommendations can be quite expensive.  We often look to have customers spread these services out to ease the financial burden.  Rest assured that even with your frustration of expense you will have the return on your investment either from the dependability and longevity if you choose to keep the vehicle or the resale value with proof of maintenance when trading/selling.  We are very up front with quoting customers prior to doing any work to the vehicle, did you not approve the repairs?  I would like to talk about this in greater detail to make sure that you were aware and authorized the services.  What would be the best method to contact you?

AR
Ali R.
Farmington, ME
09/04/2017 Category: Service
They flunked!
We were advised to do all sorts of UNNECESSARY check ups on 15000 miles routine check up, which came to $680.!!! I stopped that!
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 09/06/2017

Good afternoon,
Would you be available to discuss how you felt taken advantage of?  I remember that work had been authorized and within a short amount of time you elected to call back and cancel that work.  I would like to answer any questions you have or would minimally like to clarify why the manufacturer suggests the maintenance items that were presented to you.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/10/2017 Category: Service
Very Poor Customer Service
Lack of communication between employees/employee and employee/customer.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 05/10/2017

Good Afternoon-

I apologize that you have not had a satisfactory experience with our service department.  Your comments indicate that it is not related completely to this most recent visit. We appreciate your feedback and want to take the time to discuss the concerns you have had as well as find a resolution.

Jason Witts, our service director, is unavailable until Monday. Howevery,  I would be happy to talk to you this week if you would like to give me a call. Another option this week would be to contact our general manager, Lance Quinn.

Thank you for your feedback and continued business. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Danielle Parks

On behalf of-

Diane R.
05/03/2017 Category: Service
Service sucks!!!!!
One-hour and 45-minutes for oil change. Glad service department tec. doesn't work as a Nascar pit crew member. Plus...they were supposed to take car over to collision center for estimate on small dent. Didn't do that. I had to take it over after waiting 1-45 minutes. At collision, estimator was rude. Had no idea what additional insurance coverage we are paying for covered...implying I didn't know what I was talking about. Told him to call salesman Paul Watson to explain coverage which he did. Watson had to tell him what the coverage covered. Darlings collision center needs to get their act together with remaining car dealership. He took pictures of small dent and paint chip....but here it is...one month later and have yet to hear from dealership for a scheduled service. Service absolutely sucks. This will be our last vehicle for Darlings. Let the "Buyer beware".
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 05/03/2017

Good Morning Ms. Rioux,

I am responding to your recent feedback regarding our service department and collision center. I apologize that you did not have a satisfactory experience. I would like to take the time to hear more about your visit. I will be calling you shortly.  I really appreciate your time to help us understand what we can do to better service our customers.

Danielle Parks (Darling's Inc)
danielle.parks@darlings.com
207-992-1645

On behalf of-

Rebecca C.
12/23/2016 Category: Service
4 days to replace a battery?
I was inconvenienced for 4 days and missed work because you took 4 days just to replace a battery.

Martha M.
Unity, ME
2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
07/14/2016 Category: Service
Crap service and there are so many problems I'm spitting nails.
Crap service. Watch out, folks, this dealership charges YOU for warranty work and then takes months to reimburse you (still waiting) and guess what? The work they did has been redone once since, and it's going again.
Matthew R., District Parts & Service Manager from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 07/16/2016

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to read you have not enjoyed your servicing experience.  Someone from the dealership will be in touch with you in the next few days.

Hermon, ME
2012 Hyundai Veloster
05/31/2016 Category: Service
Not my car
Did not address issue when asked twice
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 06/14/2016

We will be sure to take care of this for you.  sorry for any inconvenience.

Bangor, ME
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
05/05/2019 Category: Service
Learned my lesson...
Doing the survey was enough.... I'm not saying anymore!

WP
Williams P.
01/22/2019
Big RIP off
$110.00 to tighten 1 nut
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 01/23/2019

Good morning,
thank you for your feedback from your recent visit.  I took the time to review your visit with the team. From the comments you left it indicates that you were charged the amount for tightening a fastener.  That is not the case, the charges were for the diagnosis of the nose which required road testing and pinpointing in the shop.  Once the source of the noise was located the fastener was torqued properly to solve your concern.  You were not charged anything additional from the diagnosis to fix the actual problem.

Rockland, ME
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Not like they used to be.
Needs an overhaul.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 12/07/2018

good afternoon,
thank you for your feedback through the survey.  I took the time to do the research on the concerns you had.  The complimentary inspection was performed on your vehicle as it has been in the past.  The estimate for mechanical repairs was also created for your vehicle at your service visit as well.  Looks like we have set parts aside for you and scheduled the work also, something must have happened because it looks as though you were not able to make that appointment.  When you come back for those repairs we could also look at your air bag light.  If the diagnosis is related to any of the recalls we absolutely will check on warranty coverage for you.  Please let me know if there are any other concerns that I could help you with.

Winthrop, ME
10/22/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed
Ties not inflated correctly after a tire rotation.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 10/23/2018

good afternoon,
I want to appologize for not meeting your expectation with your recent service visit. I hope that you will consider us in the future, we absolutely want to get your service right each time you come in.

Farmingdale, ME
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Poor Service Department
Purchasing my Hyundai was a breeze at Darlings. However, when returning for an issue with the vehicle, I had a difficult experience with the service department. The vehicle was unsafe to drive, and I had to bring it in 3 different times before they finally acknowledged that there was an issue and fixed it.

Dennis W.