Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

10/19/2018
The people. Service. Price.
I highly recommend Dave’s Auto.

RD
Ron D.
Jeep Compass
10/18/2018 Category: Service
Ron said he has used the business for years and trusts the staff to do good work. They have reasonable prices.

RJ
Ron J.
Honda Fit
10/17/2018
Messed up my anti-lock brakes when fixing an unrelated issue, then charged me almost $700 to fix them
Dave's Auto Care did some repair work on my car that included fixing my regular braking system (this first repair job cost me almost $2,000). The day after I picked up the car, my anti-lock braking system warning light came on. I had never had a problem with the anti-lock brakes beforehand, so I assumed Dave's must have affected that system somehow when fixing the regular brakes. However, when I brought the car back in for a look, Dave's insisted that the anti-lock problem was completely unrelated to the $2,000 of work they had just completed. They said it was just a "coincidence" that the anti-lock warning light came on the day after I picked up my supposedly repaired car. So, they charged me an additional nearly $700 to fix a problem that I had never had before their faulty repair job. I have been a long-time customer of Dave's, but I will never take my car back there again.
Dave R. from Dave's Auto Care responded on 10/17/2018

Dear Ron & Coleen,

I read the review that you have left for us regarding your Honda.  I am hurt you feel that way.

I was personally involved with the issue regarding the antilock brakes.  I wanted to see for myself if there was any issues related to the work performed 2 months prior.  I can assure you the root cause of the problem was the rust swollen sensor was pushing itself out of the steering knuckle causing the issue.  The increasing clearance the sensor had changed its’ digital signal.

The relationship that we have had with your family for more than 35 years is important to me.  I understand that you believe that we have violated that trust.  I do not agree with that assessment but regardless of whether or not you choose to use our services going forward I am willing to return the entire amount of your last repair.  Just call me and let me know when you’re stopping by and I will cut you a check in the amount of $623.44.

I don’t know how it happened but for you to be that upset we must have miscommunicated the issue to you at some point, for that I apologize.  Thank you for your past support.

Very Sincerely,

Dave Raischel
Dave's Auto Care
37657 Vine Street
Willoughby, Ohio 44094

1.440.946.8414

Brian S.
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Brian said the business did what they said they would do and it was done in a timely manner.

Tracey B.
Honda Fit
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Tracey said that the staff was patient and explained her service well.

Jalal F.
Ohio
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Jalal said he would recommend this business for service.

NK
Nick K.
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Nick said the staff was courteous and up front about the costs and service required. Jim was accommodating and professional.

KW
Kathleen W.
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Kathleen said she has used this business for years. She has always been satisfied with the good service.

AQ
Andrea Q.
Kia Soul
10/05/2018
Excellent Service and Location
I am a soccer and football mom as well as a teacher! In other words---I have a busy schedule! Dave's Auto Care is there when its convenient to my schedule, the are prompt, and so polite! They always check out the car thoroughly and give me suggestions on how to maintain my car so that it lasts me a long time! I highly recommend Dave's Auto Care!

BK
Barbara\Ernest K.
Saturn Ion
09/29/2018
Friendly helpful and honest.
Service was great. A place you can trust.

Jason S.
Mentor, OH
Chevrolet Cruze
09/29/2018
Great informative & timely service
This and my other experiences with Dave’s has been great. They are great to get you scheduled ASAP and are fast in getting you the information as to what the status of your repair is.

Carol W.
Toyota Avalon
09/28/2018
GREAT SERVICE
My 2002 Avalon is aged as am I.Dave's Auto Care's knowledgeable and courteous staff has kept me on the road.The car fits me well after 16 years and thanks to Jim and Dave and technicians, I am ready to get car prepped for winter.

Debbie L.
Mentor, OH
Lexus ES 300
09/21/2018
Informative
I was very happy with the service provided. Jim was very informative and professional. The fact they offer a loaner car as a courtesy is a huge plus, definitely takes the stress out of having to leave your car.

SF
Sandy F.
Chevrolet Blazer
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Sandy said the staff was good and honest. They have always done a good job and she has never had a problem. The work was done on time.

Kene B.
Cleveland, OH
Ford Econoline Wagon
09/17/2018 Category: Service
Kene said the employees were professional. They communicated well. They were efficient. They did not waste time. They provided great service.

KF
Ken F.
09/11/2018
2002 Honda Odyssey
Mike at front desk was very helpful in explaining my options. When the malfunction indicator lamp reappeared, he had me return my van this past Monday. The problem was fixed with no additional charge. I was impressed with receiving this request for feedback, the text message from Dave, and a log of my present and future services. I am a new customer, and just yesterday I was told that Dave's is "very pricey". Is that true?

TF

OS
Olivia S.
Painesville, OH
09/09/2018
Very clean, courteous, and professional
My first experience at Dave’s was excellent. They finished my service right on time, and the sheet that explained the before & after on my alignment helped. Very satisfied.

Honda Civic Cpe
09/07/2018
quick oil change
Reasonably priced, less than 30 minutes start to finish, no pressure to get extras. my questions about tires answered and October recommended as time for sales likely

Michael G.
Jeep Liberty
08/30/2018 Category: Service
Michael said the engine was blown, but the staff fixed everything they could, they're a good facility.