SHARON B.
Nissan 350Z
10/04/2019
I appreciated the time spent on my vehicle. Thank you
Unfortunately I’ve been researching online and have found that my repair was actually fixable. Because your service writer was a former Nissan employee I feel it slanted the objectivity to do the same research. The reason dealerships charge several thousand dollars for this part to be replaced is because they don’t understand or have proper training to find and fix this. If I had listened to your service writer I would have had two choices. One to spend thousands to replace the entire motor. Or two...sell the car. Neither is the solution. But at the end of the day you did give me some of your time and for that I’m grateful. You all seem like honest people but if I’m honest I don’t think this was the best.

CT
CLIFF T.
Ford Econoline Wagon
02/22/2019
Ripoff
I took my carpet cleaning Van into your shop 2 weeks ago because my breaks were going out. You guys diagnosed it as a master cylinder that was leaking into the booster and wanted to charge me $1,100 out the door.

I thought that might be a little pricey so i looked up how much the parts were and the cost of the parts was only $150. If you charge me double for the part that would be $300 plus labor.

I had someone else look at it and the booster didnt even need to be replaced and i only paid $320 out the door for parts and labor.

How were you guys justifying charging me $1,100? It seems to me like you were trying to charge me 3 times what i should be paying for the service.

I feel like i should review your company online so you wont try and rip people off anymore. You can make this right by giving me my $58 back. 7604022077
The Team at Daves B. from Daves Better Auto Repair responded on 02/22/2019

I called the customer and thanked him for the review. But for his safty I  informed him that once the master leaks into the booster the rubber is conaminated you can't just suck the fluid out.The booster is going to fail and you will not have power brakes. I hope he takes my advice or do more research for his safety.

CHRIS C.
Vista, CA
Kia Optima
01/08/2019
Not sure
I got an oil change yesterday, around with having my air filter replaced.
They told me my front brakes needed replacing.
So I brought my car back today. A few hours later they carried to day they misspoke and my REAR brakes needed repair. I had them do it.
When I paid my invoice said, among other things, they said my air filter was dirty..... The same air filter I paid them for yesterday! Did they not give me a new one or do they just try to upsale customers and forgot I had it done the day before??
I'll be going in tomorrow to find out.
3 stats because it could be an honest mistake.... But I'm suspicious...

ROBERT H.
12/08/2018
Dave is changing
Sevice is different now, not sure what has changed but will no longer continue to go to Dave’s

AD
Alex D.
Carlsbad, NM
Dodge Dakota
11/24/2017 Category: Service
Alex said this business is not professional, not knowledgeable or honest. He didn't like the customer service at this business.

DK
DANIAL K.
Honda Civic Sedan
09/16/2020
Amazing service and none of that false needed repairs
Everything was done super fast and they were so friendly. I went in for an oil change and thats what I came out with. Most places will tell me my car needs a million other repairs... but not Daves! Super honest.

YE
YVONNE E.
Scion xB
09/12/2020
My review
Your scheduler is always very prompt and helpful in arranging an appointment, and always gives the estimated
cost for each item that needs attention. And you are good about finishing work on my cars at the time you mention,
unless additional problems are found. My cars always run well after you work on them, even though they are
getting pretty old.

NP
Nicki P.
Honda Civic Cpe
09/11/2020 Category: Service
Nicki said great communication, professional, quick service. Business recommended.

JOHN W.
Kia Sedona
09/08/2020
Expertise, reliability, honesty.
Dealing with car problems or just maintaining a vehicle is not something I enjoy doing. However, having an auto repair shop that is knowledgeable, helpful and fair takes away a lot of the anxiety and annoyance. I have found that to be true in visits to Dave's Better Auto Repair. Adding to that their friendly and pleasant demeanor makes me feel fortunate to have such a valuable resource.

BK
Brooklin K.
Oceanside, CA
09/05/2020 Category: Service
Brooklin said that she loves them, they're great. She needs them to check out her steering wheel. It's been making a clicking noise ever since her last visit.

RICHARD S.
09/03/2020
Honest and Fair
We live in Carlsbad and we are very grateful to have Rich and his team here locally. They are very professional, honest and very reasonable in their prices for their services. If you are looking for someone to trust with your vehicles, go see Rich at Daves Better Auto Repair. He's not trying to make a killing, he's just trying to make a living like all of us.

Jed D.
08/26/2020 Category: Service
Jed said they gave him an oil change did a good job. Gave him a good price

NA
Nico A.
Audi Q5
08/22/2020 Category: Service
Nico said he has no issues and his vehicle is running fine.

Simon H.
Dodge Journey
08/21/2020 Category: Service
Simon said the place is friendly.

TN
Tyler N.
Jeep Patriot
08/20/2020 Category: Service
Tyler said the he was confused at first but the business explained it to him.