4.6

Walla Walla, WA
Ford Police Interceptor
09/09/2020
Wasted my time
Completely unresponsive the first week they had my rig for diagnostics and never returned messages left on their answering machine. Took a whole other week to work up a ballpark figure on repair. Every time we went in or called, kept getting told we'll have that estimate tomorrow. In the end, they didn't tell us anything we didn't tell them about what was wrong. They never did anything to build rapport or trust, which is why they didn't get the job and I ended up shipping my rig across country for a new motor. I'll definitely share my experience with everyone I know with a Diesel, and advise they share that with everyone they know with a Diesel, about the poor service from this shop.
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 09/09/2020

Hi Troy,
I want to apologize for our inability to give you the attention you deserve. Our Shop was literally overwhelmed with work due to the upcoming Labor Day weekend. We should have not given false expectations as far as the research and estimating require to giving accurate cost on your truck. For that we are sorry. I know your time is valuable, please don’t think that has gone unacknowledged.

I would appreciate some level of grace from you, as you communicate with others, as our short coming was due to being too busy and not an attitude of indifference. Again, I apologize.

Respectfully,

Jeff Davis

DAVIS DIESEL INC.

GB
Greg B.
Bend, OR
Ram 3500
08/12/2020
2.5 hours for an oil change??
I chose Davis based on the positive reviews I found online. Unfortunately, my experience was far from positive. 2.
5 hours for an oil change seems pretty excessive in my opinion. The invoice I received noted, "Tech stated that tires were rotated but tire pressure monitor was way off- recommend reset. Not sure where that confusion came from, because the monitor clearly showed the 85 lbs. Rear tires had been moved to the front, and 65 lbs. moved to the back. Next, the service advisor showed mea pic of the air box housing which was cracked from overtightening the screws. While there was no way for me to prove it, I'm certain this was not like that before. I've personally changed out the air filter- using only a screwdriver-. Frankly not worth the pissing match, but one that can't get the tire pressure correct, seems likely to over torque the screws. In summary, for $120 and 2.5 hours of waiting, I received a damaged air box and had re-inflate my tires to the proper pressure. On a positive note, the oil shows the proper level- at least that was done right.
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 08/17/2020

Hello Greg,

I am sorry for your poor experience as our guest. I assure you this is not normal and nor should it be. We work daily to impress our guests, rather than disappoint them. I would like the opportunity correct any problems and inconvenience you have experienced. I would though like to address a couple of your criticisms. You assume that your air filter box was probably damaged by our shop based on a completely different process I.E. “tire rotation” (Michael our service advisor showed you pictures of the broken air box with dust embedded in the cracks. Demonstrating a long-term issue/problem). Greg, you making a statement like that is offensive, to me personally and as a business owner. I understand you have a level of frustration and inconvenience but, to publicly blasted a business without trying to resolve your concerns is not edifying in anyway. Until now we have left the TPMS programming to tire shops in the area as they are specialized and equipped to correct any issues with that system more effectively. That being said, I have now invested in the equipment to configure & re-program these sensors, as well as test key fob function.

If there is anything, I can do to correct your disappointment in our performance. I am willing to do it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Jeff Davis,

DAVIS DIESEL Automotive
jeff@davisdiesel.com

509-892-3836

The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 08/17/2020

Hello Greg,

I am sorry for your poor experience as our guest. I assure you this is not normal and nor should it be. We work daily to impress our guests, rather than disappoint them. I would like the opportunity correct any problems and inconvenience you have experienced. I would though like to address a couple of your criticisms. You assume that your air filter box was probably damaged by our shop based on a completely different process I.E. “tire rotation” (Michael our service advisor showed you pictures of the broken air box with dust embedded in the cracks. Demonstrating a long-term issue/problem). Greg, you making a statement like that is offensive, to me personally and as a business owner. I understand you have a level of frustration and inconvenience but, to publicly blast a business without trying to resolve your concerns is not edifying in anyway. Until now we have left the TPMS programming to tire shops in the area as they are specialized and equipped to correct any issues with that system more effectively. That being said, I have now invested in the equipment to configure & re-program these sensors, as well as test key fob function. I would hope in the future this will speed our process as well as enhance our guest experience & confidence. Again, I am sorry for the disappointments.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Jeff Davis

DAVIS DIESEL Automotive
jeff@davisdiesel.com

509-892-3836

Josh C.
06/27/2020
Find a better shop
I will not be returning I told them how to disarm my truck once connect batteries after charged they didn’t use key fob to unlock it first as I told them to when dropped truck off. Instead the let alarm go off for 15min and couldn’t press the button and just disconnected the horn. Found out my truck just needed a ficm and they want to charge me 800 just go through wiring under dash to take out alarm because they couldn’t figure out to hit unlock on key fob.

John M.
03/11/2020
Cost of labor..
Excellent service I’m sure, but after the quote I was hit with, I went back to the friend who recommended me to your shop, and him among few other guys told me this was way to expensive... even the dealership would rival the cost so someone else offered way less and I’m just letting them handle it.. thank you tho for short notice inspection tho...
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 03/11/2020

Hey John,
I'm sorry for your disappointment but, based on our finding and past experience this would be our course of action. Thank you for giving us a try. Best of luck with someone else.

Myron G.
10/19/2019
Poor work
They over charged me and then when they did poor work they tried to charge me for work that didn't need done to cover their poor work
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 10/21/2019

Myron, we are sorry that you are not pleased with the work you received on your truck, if you would like to discuss this further with us please feel free to call. 509-892-3836

Sean M.
Valleyford, WA
11/21/2019
Keep politics out of the waiting room
your MAGA hat hanging on the wall is dumb. No need to bring politics into a waiting room. Keep your political leanings to yourself. I just need my truck fixed. I don’t care about your desire to reflect trump.
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 11/25/2019

Thank you for sharing your concern.

Butch/frank H.
Medical Lake, WA
10/02/2020 Category: Service
Butch said he has had it in 3 times now and it is still not right. It wanders all over the road. He has had them put in 2 steering boxes , a power steering pump and it is still not right. He plans to take it somewhere else and have it checked out.

FH
frank H.
Medical Lake, WA
10/08/2019 Category: Service
Frank said he would recommend the business for service.
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 10/10/2019

High Frank, we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations for service. Feel free to reach out to us and share your concerns with us, as that would allow us to learn and grow so that we can meet your expectations in the future. 509-892-3836

Jeff R.
10/02/2019
Incomplete Diagnosis and Repair
Although Davis did find one source of oil leak and repair it, my truck still leaks oil on the ground wherever park it.
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Hi Jeff, we are sorry that you did not receive the level of service that you had expected, we will gladly investigate the oil drips you are experiencing. Please reach out to us at 509-892-3836

GB
Greg B.
Davenport, WA
Chevrolet
08/28/2020
Service is good
Don't forget to hook things back up,

Mike W.
07/24/2020
Amazing
The guys here are very professional, fast and will tell you what's exactly wrong before work is started I would definitely recommend them for Diesel repair. I know I'll be back

Drew C.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
06/04/2020
03 Chevy duramax
Always do good work but this last time I left with a new brake light on and a weird sound in my dash not sure what that is may take it back if I can’t figure it out on my own but they do the best work in the valley

Jake C.
05/24/2020
Professional, courteous and fast
I went in for coolant leak on my 2005 6.0. They found the leak and the part, which they replaced in 2014, had a lifetime warranty. The price for labor and coolant flush was a bit too much at the time ($1000), so I will probably find a friend to help me do it this time around. They do a great job and it's not their fault diesels are expensive to work on. I was only charged 1/2 hour labor for the diagnosis so they do understand the customers situation and I will be a repeat customer.

BR
Bob R.
Ford Police Interceptor
05/06/2020
Great attitude
Thanks for looking at my vehicle

Dan G.
12/09/2019
Great Customer Service
Had my injectors replaced. They did a great job and the truck run's fantastic! Front desk crew is great to work with!
The Team at D. from Davis Diesel Automotive responded on 12/09/2019

Hi Dan, thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that your truck is performing so well!