Mike W.
Ford Pickup Heritage
03/26/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Jo. She said she went for a quote and they wanted over $1000 to change the oil pan gasket and this was way too much. She is very disappointed because the normal person just cannot afford this and they need to lower their prices. She appreciates their knowledge but the part was only $11 and their labor charges are just unreal. She recommends them to people who can afford them.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 04/04/2016

Mike and Jo I appreciate your comments and I agree, auto repair is very expensive and not something any of us like to deal with.
We try to keep our prices down as much as possible but there are lots of expenses that need to be paid so that we can continue to stay in business.
A $1000 job costs me about $900 to do when we pay for all the expenses related to it. By lower the sales price of a job by even 10% could, in some cases, cause it to cost us money to do the work.
I agree the cost of living is out of proportion to the average income.

Randy H.
Honda Fit
02/17/2018
Over priced
We have been going here for 3 years for our smog & registration! Always been happy with our service. This year we needed an oil change. Not thinking they would rob us i made the mistake of not asking the cost first! Our smog and registration was $99 the oil change was $110?????? It’s a Honda Fit not a BMW!!! Not sure if we’ll ever go back.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 02/19/2018

Randy we really appreciate your feedback and always try to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied.

I am sorry that we did not explain the charges of $110.70 on your bill sufficiently.

The cost of the smog test was $35.00, the air filter was $31.01, tax was $4.74 and hazardous material/waste disposal fee was $3.50 which leaves $36.39 cost for the oil filter, oil, and labor.

Our normal oil change cost is $35.00 and our normal smog test is also $35.00.

Your registration fee that was paid to the DMV was $99.00.

I see where this may have been confusing and I apologize for not being more thorough in our explanation.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention we will attempt to make sure this does not happen to you or any other customer.

We look forward to assisting you again in the future.
If you would like to talk to me personally about this issue my cell number is 702-882-8405, I answer it 24/7.

JJ
JD J.
Cadillac Escalade ESV
07/13/2019
Disappointed! !
I've always been well pleased, here, but this time it took Over 24 hours to change rear shocks, & flush cooling system, & it was more the $300.00 Over the quote !?!? Also, someone rubbed a dry cloth over my hood, & left front fender, scratching the paint & left grease on inside of drivers door, & visor !?!?
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 08/09/2019

What can I say, the customer is always right.
There is truth in everything you said.
We are honest and truthful in all our dealings. sorry for any inconvenience or problems we have cased you.
Thank you for taking the time to review us.

PS
Pattrick S.
Chevrolet Avalanche
06/23/2018 Category: Service
Patrick said the staff dropped the ball a little bit. They did not follow up like they usually do. It was lacking in that area.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 06/26/2018

Pattrick has been a loyal customer for a few years and has always given us 5 star reviews. We deserved this 3 star review and will use it to help us better serve our customers.

You are absolutely right Pattrick, we did drop the ball, I really appreciate your review and honesty.
No excuse for the lack of communication but I do have an explanation.

The Lack of communication was my fault (Mike). I was training a new person to assist Donny in the office and failed to teach her about the importance of regular and timely communication.

I think I just assumed she was communicationg the way Donny does, consquently it just slipped my mind. Sorry!

Please accept my apology and know that your review was greatly appreciated and it will help us to better serve all our customers in the future.

Karen S.
Nissan Rogue
06/15/2018
Nice people, unclear pricing.
Took my car there because of transmission problems. They were very nice in driving me home while they kept car at shop to look at. After telling me they weren't able to fix it and that I needed to take it to the dealership I was presented with a $108 bill for their services. I asked how much it would cost to inspect another Car I have and was told they'll do a free courtesy check. Makes no sense! Car is still broke and I will have to pay the dealership for the same thing(pulling up a code) before they'll service it.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 06/28/2018

Karen I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
We try to make sure that each of our customers are communicated with and there are no surprises when they pick up their car.
The reason there was a charge is because it was a diagnoses of a problem and the repair required needed to be done by the dealer, sorry for the lack of communication on our part.
The no charge inspection you are referring to is what we call a "Courtesy inspection" and consists of a test drive and visual inspection of a vehicle so as to determine any recommended preventative maintenance or repairs that might be needed.
We usually do this for customers that are considering buying a used car or going on a trip.
Again, sorry of the miscommunication on our part.

Mark B.
Mesquite, NV
10/02/2019
Broke down
Professional evaluation and diagnostic throughout the experience that I went through. Fair pricing and quick seervice.thanks you very much.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 10/08/2019

Thank you Mark for taking the time to review us.

AL
Aaron L.
10/01/2019
Smog appointment
You looked at my vechicle and said it did not need to be snigger.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 10/01/2019

Thank you for your review.
This brings up a thought about smoging vehicles.
New vehicles that are less than 2 years old do not need to be smog tested.

GB
Gary B.
Nissan Sentra
08/04/2019
Good Customer service
My car was there for nearly two weeks. I would stop in, ask for an update and told I would be called. Never received the call
Stopped again, told I would be sent text message, never happened.....you get the point
However, the guys were great at explaining things when I was in the shop, and the car runs fantastic
So I will definitely be returning as needed
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 08/09/2019

Thank you Gary for your review.
We try to make sure we keep in contact with our customers in a timely manner.
Sometimes we fail, sorry.
We know how frustrating it is to be left in the dark and we never want our customers to feel that way, we will do better next time.
Thank you for giving us a second chance.
We look forward to assisting you in the future.

CE
Channa E.
Henderson, NV
Chevrolet Traverse
07/25/2019
Wasn’t my tranny after all
I Brought my 2013 Chevy traverse in for a issue under the hood. A week later it was diagnosed that it needed a new transmission. I was not looking forward to the cost of this! Donnie was super helpful and looked around for a transmission for my car. He went over the cost with me and said it might be a good idea to take it to Chevy of Henderson. He said they could better help me and i could also get a second opinion. I decided to pick my car up and take it to Henderson. It’s been there for two days and they found out that it was not a new transmission but a part that is in front of the transmission.... i don’t remember the name of the part. They found zero metal shrapnel inside the transmission. I’m so grateful that Donny was honest with me and told me to take it to Henderson! I’m so relieved that I do not have to buy a new transmission! Even though they did not fix my car, Donnie was still honest with me about getting a second opinion just in case they were wrong.

DAWNE G.
Weldon, CA
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/02/2019
Fast and easy smog
Fast and friendly service without an appointment.

TL
Ted L.
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Ted said he has only been there one time but they have good service.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 10/31/2018

Thank you Ted for the review,and thank you for the business.

WA
Wade A.
Kia Sportage
07/27/2018 Category: Service
Wade said he would recommend this business for service.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 07/31/2018

Thank you Wade.

Donnie P.
Nissan 370Z
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Donnie said he would recommend this business for service.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 06/06/2018

Thank you Donnie.

GQ
Gene Q.
Torrington, WY
05/23/2018 Category: Service
Gene said he would recommend this business for service.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 06/04/2018

Thank you Gene.

Don S.
Henderson, NV
Chevrolet S-10
03/10/2018 Category: Service
Don said he wasn't able to get the work done at this business.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 03/20/2018

It's true, we were unable to help Don with his vehicle repairs. While we do try to help everyone who comes into or calls our business it is not always possible.
We appreciate the opportunity to try.
Thank you for your review Don.

NM
Nathen M.
South Beloit, IL
08/09/2017 Category: Service
Nathen said this business was friendly and they got the work done in a timely manner.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 09/28/2017

Thank you Nathen.

CO
Colleen O.
03/24/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Randy. He said the service has been great.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 04/10/2017

Thank you Randy.

BY
Buzz Y.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
03/13/2017 Category: Service
Buzz said they have really nice staff and they pay attention.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 03/15/2017

Paying attention to our customers, our work, and our environment is all part of providing good customer service.
Providing quality work and good customer service is part of our goals.
Thank you Buzz for taking the time to review us.

Catherine W.
Ford Expedition
03/10/2017 Category: Service
Catherine said this business has good customer service.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 03/15/2017

Thank you Catherine for your review.

Steve S.
02/17/2017 Category: Service
Steve said this business usually does a good job.
Mike G., Owner from Curts Auto Care responded on 02/20/2017

Usually does a good job?
We were definitely off our game the last time you came in.
We will try to do better next time.
This merger of the two shops has put quite a strain on the flow.
We will try to redeem our reputation at your next visit.