Brent M.
Olive Hill, KY
2019 Hyundai Sonata
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Just like the place
Nice people to deal with
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/16/2020

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad we could provide you with a great service visit. Please let us know if you are in need of anything, we are always happy to help.

TJ
Tom J.
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Poor service
Repair service cost $40 and problem not corrected.
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 12/03/2019

We were requested to replace the bulbs that you provided. We gave a cost to do that, as the lamps needed to be removed. We did the work that was requested. I understand that you are not happy the lamps dont work, however, a diagnosis was not what was requested, and when offered, was declined. We have to pay our employees to work on the vehicle, and we gave a discount already to replace them. The bumper had to be removed, and these things are not just a pop the hood kind of repair. We will be more than happy to diagnose the issue with our lights, but we cannot do the work for free.
We were not asked to correct the problem, we were asked to only replace the bulbs, which we did, for the price we quoted you to do that.

11/21/2019 Category: Service
Slow service, poor communication
Slow service and poor communication. They take way too long to fix issues and are difficult to contact.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 11/21/2019

Good morning Mr Khoshreza,
When we spoke this morning, I explained that Hyundai had us do a procedure, not that we started on it yesterday. We have been working on your vehicle since you brought it in.
When the issue is intermittent, it can make it very difficult to diagnose. We do not want to return the vehicle with an airbag issue. This is why we give you a loaner vehice, and explain we may have to keep it a while, so we can reproduce the issue and do the diagnostics on the vehicle while it is displaying the issue.
I'm sorry about the communication, we are working on that part. We will update you again as soon as we are confident the vehicle has been fixed.

10/11/2019 Category: Service
Took a hour and a half for oil change and tire rotation
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

I do apologize that your service took a bit longer than normal to complete. Your service usually takes about an hour, but at times we do get a bit backed up with unforeseeable issues. We hope your next visit will be up to par.
Take care!

EW
Ethan W.
Winchester, KY
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
09/17/2019 Category: Service
They replaced my back tires thanks so much!
We came to an agreement and they agreed to replace my rear tires that was my only problem and everything has been resolved! Thank you Don Franklin!

09/17/2019 Category: Service
Most unprofessional and problematic dealership I've ever visited
Because of them I need 2 new back tires and they won't replace them, this is not my first issue I've had with this dealer just the biggest
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/17/2019

Thank you for speaking with me today. I am glad we could resolve our misunderstanding.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Kayla my main mechanic was good and very accountable for the time my car took. There was a new tech diagnosing it. This is fine as everyone needs to learn but someone should have communicated that with me and to expect more time. I am a full time graduate student and employed and I did not have 3 hours to burn. I finally asked for an update and was told 20 More minutes or I could come back. This is the second time I’ve had to deal with this dealership as my car is from one in Ohio and I am consistently disappointed with the service. Kayla ended things on a very sweet note and was very honest with me which I appreciated. However, the paper I was given about what parts of my car need fixed was generic and did not help the mechanic I took my car to instead.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

I truly apologize for the extended time it took to diagnose your vehicle. While some things may come up during the process, we should have done a better job updating you while you were here. We have no excuses as to why that didn't happen. However, we will be addressing that today.
Please accept our apologies, and I will be mailing you a gift card as a token of our appreciation for your business and for providing me with feedback to improve our processes.

LJ
Lewanda J.
08/13/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai troubles
I purchased this Hyundai Sonata from this dealership and ive had problems with this car since i had it. The headlights lights kept blowing, had to get alternator, it needs a compressor now and had to get a new motor.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/14/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are so sorry you have had so many issues with your vehicle. We do appreciate you trusting us for all your repair needs, and we look forward to seeing you again.

07/28/2019 Category: Service
Servicing
I was told I needed an entire new part when I only needed a single part. Dealerships are extensive and I don’t like getting work done through them.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We hope that you have a great day!

Carlisle, KY
07/26/2019 Category: Service
Damage
Car was damaged during service. I understand accidents happen, but at least tell the customer what happened and than go from there.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/26/2019

I was unaware of any damage having been done to your car? I apologize for your repair taking longer than you expected, we did have to remove the door panel to replace the handle, and then program the extra key. I hope we can come to some sort of resolution on this matter. Please let me know what kind of damage was done to your vehicle. I don't see any mention of it in the vehicle history.

MO
Marquise O.
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Warning
Do not bring your car there
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

I will be contacting you today.

DE
Doug E.
Midway, KY
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/10/2019 Category: Service
the folks at Don Franklin responded to my concerns and in less than an hour resolved them.
there was a miscommunication with the service team & myself and when the service manager was make aware of this issue, made an immediate & satisfactory resolution. His communication also advised me as to future information that I need to provide to the service department.
Thank you.

07/10/2019 Category: Service
Not honoring what the customer purchased & not communicating this either.
Honor your commitments to customers and don't say "Oh that was Glenn, you have to go there to have it (what I bought) accepted".
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

It was nice speaking with you today. I do apologize for the mistake on our part. I will be sending out your refund check shortly. Thank you for taking the time to allow me to fix the situation. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dana W.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Treated well this time.
I only come there for recall service. I came with a problem when I first purchased my car and was treated poorly by the service manager at the time. I had to talk to 4 people before the general manager took care of the problem.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review; we are happy to pass along your comments to our service team. Thank you for letting our team know how we did! We look forward to helping again in the future. Take care!

James C.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Employees are nice and generally care about their customers
A 7 day wait for an oil change, for a vehicle you bought from Don Franklin, in Lexington, KY . Is UNACCEPTABLE !! It would appear that employees of Don Franklin, want your vehicle, NOT to have the required warranty. t wonder if, it would be best to say to HELL with warranty, and go someplace else fix your, were you can get your oil changed, in one, day or a few hours.

However, I would recommend, buying a vehicle from Don Franklin, Hyundai. The vehicles are great on LOOKS AND GAS MILEAGE
AW
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/18/2019

I do apologize for your wait. Our service department experiences a very high volume this time of year, and it fills our schedule very quickly. We normally can get walk ins done in a timely manner, but do try to make sure those who have appointments don't get passed over.
We understand this can be frustrating, but we don't like to have customers wait too long because of over booking. So it can get difficult to find the right balance of wanting to take care of everyone, and still do it in a timely manner. We are planning an expansion of our facilities, to accomodate our large increase in volume, since becoming part of the Don Franklin family of dealerships.
Our service scheduling department and online appointments are great to find a date and time that works.
We look forward to seeing you in the future, and hopefully in a more timely manner.
Thank you for your business, and feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.

Carlisle, KY
06/10/2019 Category: Service
convenience
excellent sernice
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Thank you for your 5 stars! We are so glad we could provide you with an excellent service visit. We look forward to seeing you again, and we hope you have a wonderful day!

AP
Anna P.
05/12/2019 Category: Service
Probably ruined my car
See previous statements
ANDREW W. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

I cannot express how sorry we are that this has happened. Be assured we will make sure your vehicle is returned to you in new condition. I am currently dealing with the individuals responsible, and will make sure this does not happen again. Again, I truly apologize for your inconvenience. I will have someone contact you as soon as possible.