Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5Overall Rating 4.5333333/5rating 4.5333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 hour ago

10/11/2019 Category: Service
Took a hour and a half for oil change and tire rotation
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

I do apologize that your service took a bit longer than normal to complete. Your service usually takes about an hour, but at times we do get a bit backed up with unforeseeable issues. We hope your next visit will be up to par.
Take care!

EW
Ethan W.
Winchester, KY
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
09/17/2019 Category: Service
They replaced my back tires thanks so much!
We came to an agreement and they agreed to replace my rear tires that was my only problem and everything has been resolved! Thank you Don Franklin!

09/17/2019 Category: Service
Most unprofessional and problematic dealership I've ever visited
Because of them I need 2 new back tires and they won't replace them, this is not my first issue I've had with this dealer just the biggest
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/17/2019

Thank you for speaking with me today. I am glad we could resolve our misunderstanding.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Kayla my main mechanic was good and very accountable for the time my car took. There was a new tech diagnosing it. This is fine as everyone needs to learn but someone should have communicated that with me and to expect more time. I am a full time graduate student and employed and I did not have 3 hours to burn. I finally asked for an update and was told 20 More minutes or I could come back. This is the second time I’ve had to deal with this dealership as my car is from one in Ohio and I am consistently disappointed with the service. Kayla ended things on a very sweet note and was very honest with me which I appreciated. However, the paper I was given about what parts of my car need fixed was generic and did not help the mechanic I took my car to instead.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

I truly apologize for the extended time it took to diagnose your vehicle. While some things may come up during the process, we should have done a better job updating you while you were here. We have no excuses as to why that didn't happen. However, we will be addressing that today.
Please accept our apologies, and I will be mailing you a gift card as a token of our appreciation for your business and for providing me with feedback to improve our processes.

LJ
Lewanda J.
08/13/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai troubles
I purchased this Hyundai Sonata from this dealership and ive had problems with this car since i had it. The headlights lights kept blowing, had to get alternator, it needs a compressor now and had to get a new motor.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 08/14/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are so sorry you have had so many issues with your vehicle. We do appreciate you trusting us for all your repair needs, and we look forward to seeing you again.

07/28/2019 Category: Service
Servicing
I was told I needed an entire new part when I only needed a single part. Dealerships are extensive and I don’t like getting work done through them.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We hope that you have a great day!

Carlisle, KY
07/26/2019 Category: Service
Damage
Car was damaged during service. I understand accidents happen, but at least tell the customer what happened and than go from there.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/26/2019

I was unaware of any damage having been done to your car? I apologize for your repair taking longer than you expected, we did have to remove the door panel to replace the handle, and then program the extra key. I hope we can come to some sort of resolution on this matter. Please let me know what kind of damage was done to your vehicle. I don't see any mention of it in the vehicle history.

MO
Marquise O.
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Warning
Do not bring your car there
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

I will be contacting you today.

DE
Doug E.
Midway, KY
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/10/2019 Category: Service
the folks at Don Franklin responded to my concerns and in less than an hour resolved them.
there was a miscommunication with the service team & myself and when the service manager was make aware of this issue, made an immediate & satisfactory resolution. His communication also advised me as to future information that I need to provide to the service department.
Thank you.

07/10/2019 Category: Service
Not honoring what the customer purchased & not communicating this either.
Honor your commitments to customers and don't say "Oh that was Glenn, you have to go there to have it (what I bought) accepted".
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

It was nice speaking with you today. I do apologize for the mistake on our part. I will be sending out your refund check shortly. Thank you for taking the time to allow me to fix the situation. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dana W.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Treated well this time.
I only come there for recall service. I came with a problem when I first purchased my car and was treated poorly by the service manager at the time. I had to talk to 4 people before the general manager took care of the problem.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review; we are happy to pass along your comments to our service team. Thank you for letting our team know how we did! We look forward to helping again in the future. Take care!

James C.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Employees are nice and generally care about their customers
A 7 day wait for an oil change, for a vehicle you bought from Don Franklin, in Lexington, KY . Is UNACCEPTABLE !! It would appear that employees of Don Franklin, want your vehicle, NOT to have the required warranty. t wonder if, it would be best to say to HELL with warranty, and go someplace else fix your, were you can get your oil changed, in one, day or a few hours.

However, I would recommend, buying a vehicle from Don Franklin, Hyundai. The vehicles are great on LOOKS AND GAS MILEAGE
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/18/2019

I do apologize for your wait. Our service department experiences a very high volume this time of year, and it fills our schedule very quickly. We normally can get walk ins done in a timely manner, but do try to make sure those who have appointments don't get passed over.
We understand this can be frustrating, but we don't like to have customers wait too long because of over booking. So it can get difficult to find the right balance of wanting to take care of everyone, and still do it in a timely manner. We are planning an expansion of our facilities, to accomodate our large increase in volume, since becoming part of the Don Franklin family of dealerships.
Our service scheduling department and online appointments are great to find a date and time that works.
We look forward to seeing you in the future, and hopefully in a more timely manner.
Thank you for your business, and feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.

Carlisle, KY
06/10/2019 Category: Service
convenience
excellent sernice
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Thank you for your 5 stars! We are so glad we could provide you with an excellent service visit. We look forward to seeing you again, and we hope you have a wonderful day!

AP
Anna P.
05/12/2019 Category: Service
Probably ruined my car
See previous statements
ANDREW W. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

I cannot express how sorry we are that this has happened. Be assured we will make sure your vehicle is returned to you in new condition. I am currently dealing with the individuals responsible, and will make sure this does not happen again. Again, I truly apologize for your inconvenience. I will have someone contact you as soon as possible.

AD
Angela D.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
05/10/2019 Category: Service
Customer service needs work
Overall everything was ok. I’m biased because of the rude, discourteous and unprofessional treatment I received when dropping off my car. It was a couple mins past closing but the overhead door was still open. She treated me like an inconvenience.
ANDREW W. from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

I am very sorry for how you were treated. I have spoken to the individual, and taken disciplinary action as a result. This is not how we strive to make our customers feel. Please accept our apology, and assurance this will not happen again.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Kenny S.
Sadieville, KY
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Went in for service, left with more service
With the exception of my last visit, I have NEVER had a problem with their service. They've always been friendly, professional, helpful, and careful with my car. During my last visit, I left with 3 different kinds of damages to my car.

1) Tore the tint on my passenger-side window while replacing a door lock
2) Spilled some liquid down the front of my Sonata which melted/removed the paint.
3) Left dealership with a screw in the tire of which I had to pay to get plugged and patched elsewhere.
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 05/07/2019

Thank you so much for bring this to our attention. We have you scheduled this afternoon for repairs and to look at these issues and repair your tint today. It was a pleasure speaking with you, and we look forward to seeing you later today.

PH
Paulette H.
2009 Hyundai Genesis
04/22/2019 Category: Service
Na
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

We are disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Robert G.
Lawrenceburg, KY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Poor mechanics
Took my car in for idling problems, performed decarbonization charged me 426.00 and the car is still not fixed. The car is less than 4 years old 50000 miles on it.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 04/09/2019

I hate to hear you are still having a problem with your vehicle. I was under the impression you were going to bring the vehicle back to us and let us try to remedy the issue. I understand you are a ways away from us, and we will do all we can to fix your vehicle and make things right with you. Please feel free to give me a call, so we can discuss your vehicles issue.

Jonathan H.
Winchester, KY
2018 Hyundai Kona
03/14/2019 Category: Service
Nothing
KRISTINA L B., BDC Service Manager from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 03/14/2019

Thank you for your response. I would like it if you could contact me so we can discuss the issues that occurred on your visit, so we have a better understanding of what happened. Please contact me directly by phone or email at your earliest convenience.
Thank you and have a great day!

London, KY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Return for service
Recently visited and now back because brakes are over used
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 02/28/2019

Yes, brakes are supposed to be checked when we do services. I'm sorry you had to return, for something we may have missed in January. I am pulling your service records to see where we went wrong in our process. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my apology and a free oil change and tire rotation for your troubles.
Thank you again, and have a great day!

AC
April C.
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Key fob not programmed, still charged
I took a key fob in to get cut & programmed. But because it wasn’t purchased from Hyundai they were unable to program it & I was still charged $80.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

I would like to talk to you about this issue. I would like to call and talk to you rather than email back and forth. I think we can reach a fair resolution. Please let me know a good time to reach out to you.

Georgetown, KY
01/13/2019 Category: Service
Could be better
Some service staff needs to learn, how to treat customers on phone or physically when they are there. Spending one grand to fix car and they don’t wash your car or not even tell you what they did in car, what improvement car needs. Did not even inspect my car. When i called to ask question, made me feel like they don’t care about customers.
ANDY W., PARTS AND SERVICE DIRECTOR from Don Franklin Lexington Hyundai responded on 01/15/2019

Unfortunately, our carwash was closed during the time you were here. The temperature below freezing at the time, makes for a very hazardous parking lot, and drive lanes.
Im a bit confused about the other, as we did several services and brakes on front and rear, which we would have needed your permission to do beforehand.
I feel perhaps our communications crossed wires during the visit, and while we felt we were relaying information, apparently it did not come through in a way that helped you to understand fully what was being done.
We will work on that aspect of our process, and your next visit should be more clear.
Feel free to stop in anytime for a complimentary carwash. Please keep in mind, when the temperature is below freezing, we may or may not have it open.
Thank you and have a great day.