Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Pamela W.
Jaguar XK8
05/23/2019
Communication
Sometimes communication in person is better than over the phone. I was able to meet and discuss issue and problem was resolved.

05/23/2019
X k 8 convertible
I sent a request to fix my vehicle if it is under 800. But I haven’t heard anything from anyone
Pam Williams
4109130515
Black jaguar xk8 convertible
Shane Ewing & M. from English Auto responded on 05/24/2019

I got your message and apologize for not getting back to you.  I wanted to try something to get your car running better and wanted it to be a suprise after the issues that you had.  I will contact you shortly and hope you will consider removing this bad review.

Steve W.
11/03/2011
"Low Engine Coolant" Problem
Recent service visit to address an intermittent "Low Engine Coolant" indicator resulted in more than 250% cost overrun...much higher than expected...and certifiably much higher than Annapolis Jaguar service quote for precisely the same work order performed by English Auto. Owner seemed perplexed...could not rationalize nor reconcile the substantial cost difference. Offered me a choice of one of three remedial options (1) $60.00 cash refund, or (2) a free car wash? or (3) discount on a future repair? Needless to say, I am very reluctant to return myself, let alone recommend English Auto to one of my dear friends, or professional associates. The whole experience left me feeling very negative...uncertain....as if I had been taken advantage of. This matter is still unresolved...my "Low Engine Coolant" indications have returned.... This time I was told they might have overlooked a bit of air in the coolant system...an "air bubble." I was told to add a "bit of water" to the coolant recovery tank, and that should solve the problem. Again, it's a good thing I am not a woman...otherwise I might have removed the cap to the recovery tank while the engine was running or hot. And we fellow know what happens when you do that! Anyway, the little it of water that I added was more that a quart. So now what am I supposed to think...that English Auto did not service the system to the proper levels...that my Low Engine Coolant" problem was improperly diagnosed...that by adding so much more water, I probably diluted the coolant and I am now proceeding down the path of a "Engine Hot" problem? I simply do not know and my confidence about the English Auto team is substantially diminished. I derive no pleasure from writing this negative review. Yet, I feel it would be unfair to the users of English Auto if I gave them glowing remarks fully knowing that I may not be a "standalone" in this type experience. Now it's your turn..... I wish you good luck!

Dean H.
Jaguar XJ
09/16/2019
They were persistent in trying to locate the problem with my car, but failed.
Although they failed to fix my problem they didn't charge me for all the hours they put in attempting to fix it.
I had the car detailed while it was there, the detail looked good until I opened the hood. The tracks and corners were still full of tree dirt.

ZT
Zelefack T.
Laurel, MD
Land Rover Range Rover
10/23/2017 Category: Service
Zelefack said he has visited this business back and forth with the same issue because they have not found a solution.

NB
Nick B.
Odenton, MD
BMW 328i
10/11/2016 Category: Service
Nick said they did a really good job on his vehicle. However, they left greasy hand prints on the hood of his vehicle.
Shane Ewing & M. from English Auto responded on 10/13/2016

Nick I am certainly dissapointed to here this.  Here at English Auto we take pride in our work and try and treat these cars as if they were our own!  We certainly failed in that on your last visit.  Please contact me at your convenience to schedule  for full exterior detailing to make your BMW look showroom new again and please accept my sincere apology for the grease prints left on the hood of your car.

Sincerely,
Shane Ewing

John C.
Severna Park, MD
Jaguar X-Type
07/15/2014
Engine Light
As far as I can tell everything was fixed properly, but the next moring the engine light was on, which will require me to return the car. You need to add a maybe in the next column.

OG
Oliver G.
Maryland
Buick LeSabre
03/04/2013 Category: Service
Oliver said he was satisfied with the business.

VC
Veronica C.
Upper Marlboro, MD
Jaguar S-Type
10/13/2012 Category: Service
Veronica said the service was pretty good. The business washed and vacuumed the vehicle and finished the service in a timely manner. However, she stated she has a concern with the service because the heater is starting off hot but it wasn't doing that before the service.

JY
Joseph Y.
Odenton, MD
07/25/2019
They were great. The prices I thought were high.
Shane was great. He was very cooperative. Resolved the problem with the car.

Dudley B.
Mercedes-Benz C300
05/15/2019
Courtesy, reliability and reasonable pricing
English Auto is always reliable and the staff are very friendly. They make good recommendations and explain the process. The technicians are experience enough to tell what is needed and what is not required.

TL
Teirra L.
Greenbelt, MD
Toyota Yaris
04/27/2019 Category: Service
Teirra said there were complications with her vehicle and they took care of them the 2nd time she brought her vehicle in.

LO
Lorron O.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
10/11/2018
Almost perfect, but my sunroof isn't working properly.
My sunroof was working properly when I brougt it in. Now it's malfunctioning. I'll call later when I have a chance to bring it in. Other that that my experience was perfect!

You guys are very thorough, great job!

Mark C.
Jaguar S-TYPE
10/08/2018
Quality Service
Consistently, I am provide with quality service and quick turnaround with my vehicle. English Auto is a company you can depent on,
No B..S..! They give you the real!!

Mark C.
Jaguar S-TYPE
03/04/2018
The professionalism and guaranteed quality service I experienced with my car service, from English Auto.
I recently had my 2006 S-Type 4.2 L Jaguar serviced by English Auto with great results!!

I was told by another mechanic elsewhere that I needed a new engine for my car. I spoke to the professionals at English Auto who insisted that a new engine for my car may not be the case and I should have them take a look. I took my car there and in 2 -3 days my baby was up and running!!!

My car is more than just a point a to point b vehicle, it keeps my family and I safe, thanks to English Auto, I current drive with the assurance that my car is reliable. Trust your car to English Auto and you will not be disappointed. I KNOW I WILL!

-Mark-

SD
Shirley D.
Fort George G Meade, MD
Mercedes-Benz C320
11/12/2017
English Auto Staff were very genuine. They provided the TLC that my vehicle needed coming out of storage.
I was satisfied with the service I received. Owner was very professional on the phone and in person. He took the time to listen to my description of the malfunctions I was experiencing with my vehicle and reassured me that he would notify me first on vehicle repairs needed before any work was conducted. Thank you so much for the free shuttle service as well.

FO

TR
Tamara R.
Laurel, MD
04/18/2017 Category: Service
Tamara said this business was very friendly, she was comfortable and they got the work done in a timely manner.

LW
Lamar W.
Maryland
BMW 745Li
02/15/2017 Category: Service
Lamar said the employees at the business fixed his vehicle and he was happy.

FO

SN
Steve N.
Jaguar XJ8
04/27/2016
Provided execellent service, and very courteous.
Have already recommended to others