GK
Greg K.
Poway, CA
Mercedes-Benz Metris Cargo Van
11/13/2019 Category: Service
Greg said they were friendly and did a good job.

TT
Tom T.
11/08/2019 Category: Service
Tom said he had no complaints with this business. Everything was professionally done.

CA
Christine A.
11/06/2019
Surburb Service at Escondido German Auto
This review is pass overdue so here we go. Coming from Germany and from a BMW family all my life with a cousin working as Master Mechanic at BMW Munich for over 20 plus years, I can assure everyone that Escondido German Auto customer service, European Auto knowledge, repair, etc is at the highest expectation you will find not only in Escondido, San Diego & County but in the Country.
Your not only a customer you are part of the Escondido German Auto family, they do not sugar code you nor telling you you need additional work done which doesn't. Every time I am having my BMW X3 in for service or other I get my car back preforming perfectly or yesterday just stopping by due a light multiplication with out appointment being taken care of in matter of 5 minutes.
Overall, I am glad I done my research and picked Escondido German Auto for my car services as well referring friends to Escondido German Auto. If I could I would give 10 stars.

Thank you Alex & Derek as well the crew of Escondido German Auto!

VM
Vartan M.
MINI Cooper Coupe
11/05/2019
first time customer pleasantly surprised
I was expecting an expensive repair, certainly used to that from the Mini dealer. I was very pleasantly surprised when the staff did not jump to any conclusions and was not eager to perform services that I didn't need, despite my worries that I may need them. They were extremely courteous, upfront, and the whole process was transparent and reassuring. My car was serviced very quickly and returned later that day, which is another shock, considering this was an unannounced drop-in in the morning. Prices are quite reasonable - I work on my own cars so I'm quite familiar with parts and typical service prices. EGA charge very reasonable prices, far below the Mini dealer. After the minor service they performed, they gave me a courtesy inspection that was informative and helpful and even washed my car. Something I did not expect for a small $136 service. Lastly, judging from the range of late-model German cars they regularly work on, it is obvious they have all the necessary equipment and expertise to perform work comparable to a dealer. Will definitely continue to work with them, really glad I found this place. Refreshingly different. Places like this are rare and highly valued by consumers like me. The focus is on repeat clientele, so they take good care of their customers.

BK
Bob K.
Bonsall, CA
Mercedes-Benz C250
Excellent experience - Who needs a Dealer
Always a pleasure working with EGA. They know their business well, professional and knowledgeable.
Alex is the BEST!

FK
Frank K.
Vista, CA
Porsche Cayenne
Good Pleasant service
People that I dealt with all seemed genuinely interested in taking care of the customer. It was my first time and I will take cars in the future.

Skip M.
11/01/2019
Efficient service
EGA is my go to for all my car service needs. They've always had my car done as promised at the promised price and promised time. I've never had a problem and recommend them to everyone I know with a German car.

Maggie C.
Carlsbad, CA
10/30/2019 Category: Service
Maggie said the service was fast, and the staff was efficient and friendly.

David H.

Anthony T.
Portland, OR
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Crew Vans
10/29/2019 Category: Service
Anthony said that they give their honest opinion. They get the work done.

Carlsbad, CA
10/28/2019
Fabulous service
We called to schedule an oil change appointment and within 24 hours our car was in the shop, inspected, and had the oil changed. The staff is friendly and helpful. We left with an inspection report listing issues to keep an eye on and the estimate to fix those items. So helpful when budgeting. We will definitely be returning!!

James C.

Jim O.
Mercedes-Benz E350
10/21/2019
Simply the Best
I purchased my first Mercedes in 1990. I have driven Mercedes ever since.I purchased my wife's first Mercedes in 2002. I have always taken our vehicles to the dealer for any kind of repairs or services. I have always considered the Mercedes dealership to be top class - luxurious lounge area, loaner cars, quick and dependable work. However, I have NEVER experienced the type of customer service from Mercedes that I did from Escondido German Auto. Leaving aside the fact that the work they carried out on my E350 - replaced thermostat and repaired transmission fluid leak - was far less expensive than I would have paid at the dealer, this company is at the cutting edge of a brand new field of customer service. After carrying out their diagnostic examination of my car, they texted me a link to an online report, describing the problems and supported everything with photos. Unbelievable! You simply wouldn't believe it. Not only that, but they alerted me to a problem with the fuel tank/fuel pump which will require replacement of both at the dealership.There is no charge for this because this particular repair is covered by Mercedes even past the normal warranty coverage. (Repair would have cost me close to $5,000 if I's had to pay it out of my own pocket - YIKES!) My point person at Escondido German Auto, Alex, coordinated with the dealer and made arrangements for me to bring my car to them. I was blown away by this service.

This company has won my business from now on. I'd have to be crazy to bring my vehicle to anyone else in the future. Well done Escondido German Auto. You have definitely put the "Service" back into Customer Service.

- Jim O'Connell, San Diego.

TL
Customer service is great

Steve W.
Dodge Sprinter
10/16/2019
I wish I tried Escondido German Auto before.
I wish I tried Escondido German Auto before.
I have a 2005 sprinter and this is the first time I took it to Escondido German auto. They had diagnosed it the first day and they had it fixed before noon the next day. I am a business owner and that was so important to me. I love that they send out a report about your vehicle. They are at the top of my list.

Doug S.
Valley Center, CA
BMW 750iL
10/15/2019
Awesome, dependable work.
My experience with Escondido German Auto is always spectacular. Derrick is a hands on owner and provides service that is second to none. I have taken both of my BMW's to other locations prior to finding EGA but none of them provide the honest service I get here.

Roland S.
Pauma Valley, CA
Porsche Macan
10/11/2019
Macan Oil Change
Very much appreciated your efforts in getting the work done in a very timely manner.
Also enjoyed the conversation with the to her clients in the waiting area. It makes the time fly by!

Desiree M.
Volkswagen Eos
10/09/2019
Great job
They always do a great job and back their work.

Mercedes-Benz ML350
10/08/2019
Awesome people! Parts pricing...not so awesome...
I really appreciate all the work the team does here! Awesome team at EGA! Parts pricing is too high... need to get a hold on this.
Derek M. from Escondido German Auto responded on 10/08/2019

Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.

In regard to our parts pricing:
We charge retail prices (which is the over the counter parts price from a dealer) on our factory supplied parts which is less than the dealer charges through their service department after their regional and service mark up. If we were to lower our parts prices we would have to raise our labor prices to compensate. We carefully monitor our operating costs and adjust our end consumer costs as necessary. Overall we are significantly less than the dealer while providing a much more intmate experience. I hope you and our other clients understand we are a small business trying to survive in an ever more exspensive state/city to do business in.  We are trying our best to provide the best mix of cost savings and experiences to our clients all while providing fair and stable income for our employees, I hope this shows.

Thanks again for your business, loyal support, and feedback.

Derek M

Mercedes-Benz C250
10/05/2019
Excellent German Service Shop
The service is excellent and the prices are reasonable. If you're looking for a reputable service shop to avoid taking your car to the dealer, this is the place.
Derek M. from Escondido German Auto responded on 10/08/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are extatic to have you in our family.