Mark H.
Another great experience

DJ
Dennis J.
Won't be back.
I paid you guys 360.00 to get rid of an error that was displaying in my BMW. 3 days later the error is back. Your smart-ass tech told me the "Good news" is the part he replaced 3 days prior is not the problem, but it's now something else...When he gave me some lame-brain explanation of the "new" problem, I asked him what it would take to fix new problem, he was unsure. That would require me to setup a new appointment to figure that out. I am in the service industry and this pathetic customer service wouldn't stand in my business. (By the way, cancel my appointment for next Monday, I've found a BMW mechanic that can fit me in faster). The girl up front is the only saving grace your company has.
Derek M. from Escondido German Auto responded on 03/15/2019

Dennis,
Thank you for your feedback. To further clarify your comments, the error warning you had on, the check engine light, can come on for many many reason. There are thousands of code/issues that can cause this ranging from a loose gas cap to a turbocharger failure and everything in between. When you stopped by the other day we offered to see what codes were in the engine computer for you immediately and confirmed the codes you had previously were indeed resolved. The codes that caused the warning light now were, in fact, different.

We ( meaning myself the "smart-ass tech" AKA owner, and Alex ) dropped what we were doing to help you the very instant we knew you were here with a warning light. After retrieving the codes from the computer and comparing them to the previous repair they are unrelated. My "lame-brain" explanation was that your previous faults were for the evaporative emission system and your code that is causing the current fault light is for boost regulation. Again, a different problem as well as confirmation the other issue is fixed. If you would have liked more technical information on this I would have been happy to explain further. For your informational purposes Ill be happy to further explain in writing below.

The code you had stored in the engine computer previously was for the evaporative emission system purge valve, specifically, 003163 for fuel tank ventilation system shut off valve clamped open (present). This is the part that we replaced for you when you returned to have the repair done (Inv.18585). After a test drive and recheck no faults had returned. It was documented on the first repair order (inv17487) that you had fault 002774 Air volume plausibility , volume too high (not present). Considering this code was "not present" and the other code for the evaporative emission issue was "present" we opted to repair this part only and not charge you to replace anything that you didn't need or that we couldn't prove was an issue at the time.  This is because we have your best financial interest at heart here. Moving forward to the day you stopped by, this previously recorded "not present" code and others relating to a boost pressure are now causing an issue and a warning light. They are now "present" and I can justify spending your money/our time to figure out why this is happening. I understand this is an inconvenience for us all. Had I been able to take your car in immediately and figure out this problem you can bet that I would have. Unfortunately, I was not able to and in the interest of providing good customer service to you and our clients currently in service we scheduled the next available time when we could give your vehicle our complete attention.

We have been around for awhile now (going on 8 yrs) and have a great reputation of providing excellent customer service. If I rubbed you the wrong way by not giving you a thorough enough explanation of what was going on with your vehicle than I clearly misread what your expectations were and failed you. I accept full responsibility for that. My priority at that moment was to let you get back to whatever it was you were doing that day and schedule time with your vehicle to figure out exactly what was causing this warning. Again in an effort to disrupt your schedule as little as possible it is much more time effective to schedule a time slot rather than wait around on a fully booked day. I would consider all these things good customer service. In reflection the only thing I could have done better for you would be to pull a tech off another vehicle for another client who had an appointment that day and make them work on your car. I personally don't feel that this would have been fair to the other guy and would not want to be treated that way.

At this point in the history of our shop I have become aware we may not be the shop for everyone..... this bashing me on-line rather than giving me a phone call to discuss your concerns has made your decision quite clear and I wish you and your vehicle the best in the future. We have gone ahead with your request to cancel your appointment. Should you care to use our services in the future or have any questions or comments please feel free to reach out to me at Derek@escondidogermanauto.com or by phone at 7607413905.

Derek @ EGA

Michael G.
BMW 323i
Outstanding Service
While auto repairs are not pleasant, you can have confidence that EGA will not try to upcharge you for unnecessary repairs. They are courteous and professional in every way!

CV
Chris V.
California
Volkswagen Passat
03/09/2019 Category: Service
Chris said the business was very thorough in examining everything. They did a good job.

Robert W.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
03/08/2019
VW Maintenance & repairs
Brought my wife’s car in to get an oil change and last minute I asked them if they could add in a repair the vehicle needed. They were busy that day like they always are but managed to get the repair performed with in the same day. They are the best at what they do.

CE
Chuck E.
Fallbrook, CA
BMW 128i
03/07/2019
Smog Check
Fast Quick and easy another pleasant experience at EGA.

TO
Terry O.
San Diego, CA
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
03/03/2019
price, service, shuttle, technology
SHuttle to and from my office. Prices that are reasonable and 1/3 that of the dealer. Timely service. Constant communication and reports via messaging and the web. The best service experience I have ever had in 58 years f driving.

PS
Paul S.
San Marcos, CA
Porsche Cayenne
03/02/2019
Highly Competent!
After having my Blower motor going out several times, I finally went to there shop and they quickly diagnosed the issue and fixed it in a day. I had previously taken my Porsche to another mechanic and they could not figure out the problem. It made a huge difference going to a shop that knows my car!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class
03/01/2019
Good Service
The place is small but the service is good and staff is friendly and not expensive I like that they have shuttle to drive you to work and back to their place. If your work or home is quite far, they also offer a loaner car, you just have to give them a heads up.

SL
Steve L.
02/26/2019
Transmission pan
Once again a competitive price and painless maintenance work. You guys rock.

Kim S.
Ramona, CA
Mercedes-Benz C320
02/23/2019
customer service is awesome
I like honesty and friendly service and that is what we always get from Escondido German Auto!

Mike G.
Volkswagen EuroVan
02/22/2019
Friendly, trustworthy, efficient, informative of problems and fixes
I'm impressed with staff's knowledge, ability to diagnose and fix issues, printout and photos of potential issues and recommendations, friendliness, availability of loaner car when necessary.

Ray H.
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
02/20/2019
MB SL500 Service
This is my second experience with Escondido German Auto for repair work on my SL500 and I will always use them to keep my Benz in mint condition. I have found them to be thorough, prompt, and reasonably priced for the services performed. In addition, they have always returned my car sparkling clean. Definitely recommend them for service on your German vehicle.

AD
Andrew D.
Poway, CA
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Andrew said his experience was perfect.

Shari B.
Mercedes-Benz ML320
02/12/2019
Running good
My truck has been running great since I got it back from the mechanic, but some constructive criticism would be that about a week after I picked up my truck, I got a Service A notification on my screen. I could have been nice to be told that I needed an oil change soon. I probably would have done that at the last service.

FV
Fred V.
Mercedes-Benz E350
02/11/2019
Trial four star for now
My first time and I am taking a wait and see to see how followup service and my car runs! They are more expensive but if the service is quality and my car last and last then it is worth it!

Skip M.
02/08/2019
Best German/European car service in North County
This is the best place I've found to get my BMW serviced, the prices are fair, the work is done right and usually ahead of the time the car is promised. Washing the car after service is a very nice touch!

Bud S.
Volkswagen EuroVan
02/08/2019
Efficiency and quality workmanship
This service required technical guidance to prepare my car for a proper smog test. I followed the plan and my car passed without problems. This type of support is unusual for most repair facilities. My experience with Escondido German Auto has always been exceptional. Good staff and quality repairs.

Mathus P.
San Diego, CA
Volkswagen Beetle
02/06/2019
Superb auto repair
EGR is all busy. I witnessed the smooth and busy work that several Techs were doing. Cthey are all about the wprk at hand. Its reassuring to see a business like this. THEY ROCK!!

Tony S.
Poway, CA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/06/2019
Best place to take your VW
I've been servicing my 2003 Jeta with Escondido German Auto for a few years. They have always done a great job for a fair price. I recently had my timing belt replaced there. WOW. After installation of the new timing belt my Jeta runs better than it has ever run. My brother, who owned the car previously, had the timing belt replaced and it was improperly installed. I have driven the car for 100k miles thinking it was just an underpowered 4 cylinder VW. With the new timing belt my Jeta accelerates like a sports car and is getting better fuel mileage. I give my highest recommendation to Escondido German Auto. Take your VW there they have highly skilled technicians and are real professionals.