Overall Rating 3.5714286/5Overall Rating 3.5714286/5Overall Rating 3.5714286/5rating 3.5714286rating 3.5714286
Overall Rating 2.32143/5Overall Rating 2.32143/5rating 2.32143rating 2.32143rating 2.32143

DF
Dale F.
Ferdinand, IN
07/27/2019 Category: Service
Watch out for warranties not stood behind.
Have had my Elantra in twice. Still under premium warranty, had to pay for work both times. Now blue tooth hook up won't work.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 07/27/2019

Dale,

I’m very sorry you had a poor experience with my service department. Please reach out to me directly and I would be glad to assist you with any issues you’re having with your vehicle.  I want to be able to provide top-tier service for all of my customers, and I will do everything in my power to ensure your concerns get corrected promptly.

Best Regards,

Kenneth Horn
812-473-4400

John L.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/11/2019 Category: Service
Not Coming Back
On Monday July 1, we dropped off our Hyundai Santa Fe Sport for repair at Evansville Hyundai. Later that day my husband received a call with an explanation of repairs needed which included new tires, brake pads, repairs to struts and alignment and repair to a side mirror covered by warranty. Price and timeline were explained to him and he was told it would most likely be ready Tuesday. We did not dispute the explanation of repairs, nor the cost.
After that, we never heard from a dealership employee about our car. We called every day to check on the status and were put off to the next day (Thursday was a holiday) repeatedly. On Friday my husband checked on the car and was told they were waiting on a mirror which could be put on at any time, but that it would be ready by the end of the day. At 3 p.m. I called the service department, and spoke to a young man who did not ask me my name when I said I was calling to check on my car. I was put on hold and he came back several minutes later, still not asking me to identify myself, and told me that they were “waiting on a mirror from Mills Body Shop” after which he went silent. I asked when I could expect my car, and he was silent. I said “so, next week?” and his response was “yeah. Next week.” He hung up without saying goodbye.
Monday, my husband called in the morning and was told that it would be ready by the end of the day, that the car was in the body shop with the mirror being painted and then they’d “get to work on those brakes and struts” which puzzled him, because the week prior he had been told, literally every day, that it would be ready by the end of the day and then put off to the next day.
The service on the car itself, so far, has been acceptable. However, the poor to non-existent customer service we received was unacceptable and we will not be bringing our car in for any service to this Hyundai dealer again. Beyond that, we will not purchase another Hyundai or another car from a Duell dealership and will discourage others from doing so. Prior to owning this vehicle we owned Hondas, and have always had very good experiences with D-Patrick Honda…looks like we’ll be heading back there eventually.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 07/11/2019

Hello,

I'd first like to apologize on behalf of my dealership for the poor communication and customer service you received when you were last in. I have communicated with all of the employees involved, to ensure that a situation like this doesn't happen in the future. If there is anything I can do to help make your experience better, please reach out to me directly.

Kenneth Horn
812-473-4400

DV
Dennis V.
Decker, IN
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/11/2019 Category: Service
poor service than expected
I have filled out 3 surveys for this service call. no more. as of now no I would not recommend this dealership
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 05/15/2019

Sorry for the issues while here on your visit. We are taking steps to get these issues fixed.

Rachelle H.
05/06/2019 Category: Service
update
took a month to get my car back
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 05/07/2019

Sorry for the issues while here.  We have some new team members and we trying to get the up to speed. We are also having issues with Hyundai getting parts.This will be fixed.

KW
Ken W.
Newburgh, IN
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
04/22/2019 Category: Service
unhappy customer
crowded place, unhappy employees, poor customer service
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into the personnel issue and get them fixed. Unfortunately we were having shipping issues from Hyundai getting our parts from them,they are trying to get every thing ironed out.

2015 Hyundai Elantra
02/09/2019 Category: Service
Hang on to your wallet and just say no.
During oil change they recommended a new battery - car started great that morning at -2F and was only a little over 3 years old. Installed price $314 which is totally absurd. Very nice clean friendly people but ridiculously overpriced.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 02/11/2019

Hyundai has given us a predictive battery tester to let customer know in advance when battery is starting to fail. If you chose not to replace it that is up to you. We use Hyundai factory batteries and factory trained technicians.

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/04/2019 Category: Service
Continuing problem
Frustrated
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 02/05/2019

I will talk to the tech this morning and see if there are any other repairs we can do to the car. We will call you shortly and get the car back in.

CG
Charles G.
Lawrenceville, IL
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
10/19/2018 Category: Service
Joan E. Gillespie.....WIFE
Thanks for instilling the correct oil at no charge. Thanks for the loan of the car to get us back home. We appreciate your concern!!

10/19/2018 Category: Service
Charled and Joan Gillespie
previously stated....
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 10/19/2018

Sorry for the issues with the oil. We did apologize and offer to re change it at no cost to him while they were here and said not worry about as long as would not hurt his car. So will absolutely change the oil for free next visit.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Oil leak the same day as getting first oil change
Oil leaked right after having my oil changed in a brand new car, had to go buy more oil at auto zone to fill up since it had leaked so much. Not a good experience
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 09/05/2018

Sorry for the oil leak. I will talk to the guy that worked on your car. Please call me an let me know how much it cost you for oil and I will reimburse you.

Keller, TX
2012 Hyundai Genesis
08/13/2018 Category: Service
No communication
No communication
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 08/13/2018

Sorry for any miss communication on our part,we were testing the a.c. system for the problem you were having. We will do a better job moving forward.

RA
Rachel A.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
07/19/2018 Category: Service
Issue not resolved
Disappointed
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 07/19/2018

Sorry fir the issues you had while here,sometimes the interm problems are hard to find. Please come in any time and we will get you taken car of.

CT
Chris T.
Smith Mills, KY
07/10/2018 Category: Service
Regretting the Hyundai decision
Lies,lies, switched parts around on a brand new car instead of just replacing suspected defective parts.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 07/11/2018

Thank you for your feedback.  I will look into your concerns.

2017 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/26/2018 Category: Service
Problem not resolved.
It was bothersome to have to make an appointment for a check engine light that was intermittent. I with full time and had to reschedule multiple times as my check engine was not on at the times of my appointments. I was finally able to convince service to let me bring my car in when my light was on without an appointment to diagnose the issue. Then I brought the car in on a later day to be fixed only to have my check engine light come back on during my drive home.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 04/27/2018

I'm not sure why the check engine light came back on,but come by any time and we will look at it for you. In the future if there are any issues please call me @ 812.473.4400 so we can try to fix your problem. I'm here every day.

Jennifer C.
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/25/2018 Category: Service
Problem still there
Took my car in for an alignment and when i got in my car after picking it up it still had a pull. The same pull not any better. I feel like they didn’t even do the alignment and i say that because i received a call shortly after dropping my car off asking if i wanted new tires since it was time. I said no they said usually they wait to do alignment until they put new tires on but would still go ahead and do the 4 wheel alignment. I paid almost 100$ for my car to feel the same as it did when i brought it in. Horrible
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 04/25/2018

I pulled up your last visit with the alignment and the car is in factory spec please bring it back so we can double check it. We looked like we advised you that you needed tires on your car and told you that we did not recommend the alignment until you replaced the tires.You declined replacing the tires.

LH
Leonard H.
Lewisport, KY
04/07/2018 Category: Service
Another problem
I go in to get one thing fixed (which looks great now. Thank you) but when I was signing my papers and getting my keys I was informed that another part got messed up while fixing the one I came in for.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 04/09/2018

Sorry for the miscommunication on our part. We will try to do better.

Jeannine S.
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/20/2018 Category: Service
I was lied to about the cost of a key minor i know but what other quote will i be lied to about? I am a single mother who does not have unlimited supplies of cash $15 dollars can be up to two meals for us.
They need stick to the schedules they commit too not believe because the customer has a loner that they can keep the car for days for a 3 hours repair job. they should be honest with there quotes and stand by the price the give you and last but not least respect the owners car enough to not use up 1/2 tank of gas and not replace at least some of it.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 03/20/2018

Mrs. Stevens I sincerely apologize for all the issues you had on you last visit. Next time you are on this side out of town please stop by and we will fill up you gas tank at no charge to you. I will also be sending you two free oil changes being a value of $84.00. Again I do apologize.

WB
William B.
03/18/2018 Category: Service
n/a
n/a
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 03/19/2018

Sorry for any issues you had while here. Please come by ant time the car is acting up and we'll send a tech with you.

03/02/2018 Category: Service
Nope
I will not be back.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 03/02/2018

Sorry for any problems you may have had here. We looked at a noise in September 2017 and then you brought it back March 2018 for a noise. We found two different noises the noise this time was from the blower motor. Please contact me when ever it is easiest for you  so we can figure this out together.

02/27/2018 Category: Service
Service manager is rude
Awesome experience with sales, terrible experience with service.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 02/28/2018

Sorry for any mis communication on our part. When you dropped off the car you told us a problem you were having,we wrote it down and had the technician look at it. We could not duplicate what you told us, I called you and told you that and you were fine. When you and another lady showed up to pick up the car,she told me something totally different and was getting mad about it. I offered you to ride with the tech and she refused. We do not want to lose your business over this so we will do what ever it takes to earn your trust again.

Robert H.
Madisonville, KY
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
01/08/2018 Category: Service
Don't buy your car at this dealership. Love the car. Hate the the availability to get service. I'll buy Hyundai but not at Evansville Hyundai
Recommend car all the time but tell them to find some other dealership.
Kenneth M H., Service Manager from Evansville Hyundai responded on 01/09/2018

Sorry you feel this way. This is only your second oil change the first one was set up by sales dept on a certain day and time,then this last oil change you called the day before you wanted it done. We were already fully scheduled for the next day. In the future you when you know your getting close to a oil change please call a week or two in advance and we can get you in any time. Unfortunately in peek season we are kind of limited on next day appointments.